Mason is A! (?) Slack 9/13

This topic has 27 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Shaun.

• Author
       Chelsea
      Participant

Earlier today we were chatting on Slack and were toying with a theory of if Mason having control of the Lust Facebook meant there were other accounts he had his fingers in.

Here’s my whole current theory about A. Joyce was A. Joyce created the slack, meaning that she was the original admin. At some point, that was taken away, along with the other accounts. That’s when we started seeing Troll A, who comes in and deletes shit and says occasionally funny things. I think that Troll A entering was the beginning of Mason having access to Slack.

Tonight, Megan comes back in, says stuff, is told to remember the agreement, and more shit is deleted. I think that’s a pretty good confirmation that Slack is not our fluffy safe haven any more.

Lauren Bello

In this timeline, where does the “A & Mason” “ring ring” exchange fall?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I would assume Joyce was not the one in control of the Slack, merely the one leading us towards it.

I cannot say who was ever in control of A, but as we learned tonight that person is no longer in control.
      Mason’s got the reigns.

Messages from A tonight included:
      Point of fact everyone. For an organization who prides itself on all its information and sensitive bull crap you think they would choose unique passwords for their various accounts. Noppppeeeee.

and the delightfully ominous:
      Megan see ya later. Bye everyone.”

Winston Smith
      Participant

Yeah, at one point @a and Mason were talking to each other. @a sent Mason some sort of box, I believe? @a seemed to feel like they had leverage over Mason, but now it appears to be the other way around.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Mason has rarely been one to use few words. Up until recently A has been acting like itself. A word here or there. A @kingkill33 deletion. The usual.

I would venture a guess that Mason taking over is a fairly recent development.
      Though it DOES make me wonder the other night when A told us not to go to the midseason event, then telling us to remember who was on our side.

Kevin
      Participant

I believe a was actually suggesting they don’t go to the Briarberg meet up because at the same time they indicated that everyone should refresh their pages for the correct month for Anointment.

That does support @meghanmayhem’s idea that Mason’s takeover of the account was fairly recent (those interactions occurred on 9/6).

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kevin Ah yes, I believe you are correct.

Lauren Bello

What’s interesting, though, is that Mason told Hannah that he had access BEFORE he “became” A, right? He could have been logging on under a different username, or he could have been logging onto the A account without posting.

If we put together a timeline, Mason and A spoke to one another on Slack on August 25. I believe that Mason’s account was deactivated that day. But Mason revealed to Hannah that he still had access to Slack on September 1. So either he logged in under a new username, or more likely he was already logging in as A, just to observe.

Here are A’s appearances after that confrontation with Mason on August 25.

August 29 – Buz was locked out of his account. “I’m sure it is being worked on as we speak @thebuz.” And then, “Read it one more time for clarity sake @thebuz.” Buz responded very meekly: “I obviously and respect those with authority here. Appreciate the help.” Which makes it look like at least Buz thought A was still OSDM at that time.

August 31 – Chelsea asked, “@a, u up?” The reply: “Never sleep.” And then, “I don’t drink coffee. Nor do I hand hold.” …Chelsea did Mason drink coffee on your date?

September 3 – As we marveled about Kyle’s encounter with his friend, A said, “You still have no clue. You will though. All of you. Happy slumbers.” Which sounds a bit like OSDM gloating.

September 5 – A strongly suggested that we not go to the midseason event.

September 6 – A uncharacteristically replied to something with a Clint emoji, then explained, “maybe I slipped on the computer and hit a random series of buttons that led to Clint’s face being on all of your screens. Or, maybe he is the conspiracy. Or, maybe there is no conspiracy”. Later that day, s/he pointed out that the midseason event poster had been corrected. But added, “remember who your friend is when things go sideways.”

september 7 – Interestingly, when someone asked if Mason was wearing Argyle socks, A replied, “ill ask him”. At this point, Joyce was gone.

Today, September 13 – A revealed that he was not the “A” we’d known before at all. “Megan see ya later.” A was now Mason.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Lauren Bello.
       Lauren Bello

Also, for context for the timeline above, September 1 was when he attacked Joyce. And on September 5, the Lust FB posted their “10 days” poster, which seems like an OSDM reminder. It is possible that Mason took over the FB account and the Slack account after the “10 days” poster went up.

Drew Huntley
      Participant

Wow @daela. Awesome notes.
      It gives off the vibe that he has had access to A/FB/IG for a long while, but has only been dropping in periodically. Not locking out TPTB (changing the easy password). At least, thats the only thing that seems to explain the activity. The real question is how the TPTB never noticed the periodic logins and odd activity, without changing the password. Unless they kept changing the password without uping the complexity of it. Mason could just keep breaking it if it’s no more complex than the last password iteration. So are TPTB just technologically inept?

Addison
      Participant

Based on some responses that @daela listed, it seems like maybe it wasn’t ALWAYS Mason all the time, but it seems likely that it has been someone associated with him since at least the 25th.

I hope I’m not calling anyone out (it won’t be my first time calling a very real and person a plant), but there are a few sus accounts on Slack, like justlurking or astranger. Sometimes sidisvendergood, display name “Jack,” appears online every once in a while. So it’s likely that even when he didn’t have admin access, he was still keeping tabs on us.

@wintermute
      re: passwords.. didn’t it come out recently that Equifax had an admin/admin combo on one of their “secure” databases? Might have been a misleading headline that scrolled by.. I would hope TPTB are using complex passwords and a password manager, but who knows.. the OSDM seem to be more “traditional” and probably keep a notebook full of pets names and favorite books.

Lauren Bello

OK, we just witnessed some Slack interaction between A and JustLurking, which raises the question of 1) whether Mason is still A, and 2) who the fuck JustLurking is.

justlurking: We have regained control over our accounts. And hate to kill a good conspiracy. Sadly, their isn’t one. The event is still happening. This is not about the event, it’s about the “presales”.

(someone asked if they were @a)

justlurking: no, I am not @a

(at this point, justlurking’s comments were deleted, as were all of their subsequent comments)

a: Again no conspiracy. Listen to those in charge. We will see you all very soon.

(a explains that it’s a mundane issue, etc.)

justlurking: hahah do you see them @a

justlurking: gather round the campfire kiddies, and let me tell you a tale

a: Gather round

justlurking, noticing that all comments are being deleted: hahah he is treating me like @kingkill33… but we both know I aint no punk like him

(then a number of people asked questions, and it’s unclear which question justlurking was responding to. people asked A if Justlurking was Mason, asked Justlurking who he was, and asked when the event will be)

justlurking: tell ‘em? or should i

then, silence

……….

So is Mason no longer in charge of the A account? Why would he be advertising and defending the OSDM event?

And why delete everything JustLurking said, but go on to post the exact same information? Clearly JustLurking has access to official info.

This prompted us to look back at JustLurking’s very brief history of posts (thank you @chelsea for screenshotting the archive). JustLurking began posting on August 31 (compare to timeline above), making some innocuous posts and acting like a newcomer, including asking “Who is Ohio?” That same day, they pressured @coryphella to post the details of her phone call with Mason, getting a bit impatient, but backing off when told that she was writing about it.

On September 9, A deleted a post. Brad pointed out that A was still logged in. JustLurking responded to this observation, cryptically, by saying, “Stop.” (to A? to Brad? unclear) A then posted, “This was not”, an apparently incomplete post that was immediately deleted. Then A posted, “Listen” and that was also deleted. JustLurking posted “?” In retrospect, I wonder if multiple people were logged into the A account at that time – original A, and Mason – and one was posting while the other was deleting.

On September 10, Brad pointed out that A and JustLurking tended to log on around the same time, and JustLurking said, “cause we are the same person, right?” JustLurking also told Brad, “my screen name on the forums is @mindyourfuckingbusiness”. They then posted, after a long string of participant posts, the simple word “yes,” leaving it extremely unclear which post they were responding to. This led to the Magic Eight Ball Obsession of 2017.

It all culminated in the deleted exchange above, from tonight.

So who does JustLurking sound most like? Right now, to me, they kind of sound like Noah. But there are plenty of other characters who love to troll, so it’s anyone’s guess.

Chelsea
      Participant

Magic Eight Ball Obsession of 2017.

It will go down in history.

I don’t think Mason is still A. Just Lurking saying “WE have the accounts back” suggests that JL and A are working together. Maybe we have Noah back? Maybe? It doesn’t fit quite right, but I wouldn’t be surprised? Who would Noah be working with and bickering with on Slack about what info to share and when?

Violet
      Participant

If Noah is A I will likely shit. But would he be working with Sabrina??

(Can we make Magic Eight Ball Obsession of 2017 an official holiday??)

Blondie
      Participant

Just woken up and haven’t had enough coffee yet (and trying not to freak out that I can’t cement my visit plans for another two weeks – arrrrghhhh!), but…

Could the “We” in “We have regained control over our accounts” be Darren/Clint? There was that recording of them panicking over being locked out of accounts before… Could they have somehow convinced Mason to relinquish his control to them? Would be a perfect opportunity in my opinion. Also, with Darren and Sabrina having drinks together, I can just imagine Darren as “a” and Sabrina as “justlurking” giggling into their cocktails as they trolled us hard. Then Sabrina makes that call to @kipsie… And they’re sipping their drinks, watching us all scratch around in the dirt like a bunch of hungry chickens.

Just an idea. As I said, not enough coffee has been consumed yet for me to be sure my brain is actually working properly…

Drew Huntley
        Participant

Yeah, that is exactly how I took the events of last night @blondie. I hadn’t thought of Sabrina being JL though. I saw it as actually the whole trio fucking with us, Mason/DB/Sabrina. People kept speculating that Sabrina was A, followed by decent reasons why it couldn’t be, but Sabrina would have been standing next to DB. So even if she wasn’t in control or typing, she was still an active participant.

But yes we are chickens digging in the dirt.

Blondie
      Participant

I hope I’m not calling anyone out (it won’t be my first time calling a very real and person a plant), but there are a few sus accounts on Slack, like justlurking or astranger. Sometimes sidisvendergood, display name “Jack,” appears online every once in a while. So it’s likely that even when he didn’t have admin access, he was still keeping tabs on us.

So… Sidisvendergood seems to be more active now Mason is locked out of the a account. Just an observation.

Sage
      Participant

Yes I saw him “@sidisvendergood” typing last night, but I thought someone confirmed it was a different jack. I agree, highly sus though, with no pic, etc. But he also privately asked me to add him to Slack awhile back so…

Drew Huntley
        Participant

He posted one word in a non-general channel yesterday or the day before. I can’t recall exactly where or what channel, but I did pass over it and pause. I ultimately decided it wasn’t important though.

@daela
        Do you recall the instance?

Lauren Bello

If you search “from:sidisvendergood” on Slack, you can see everything he’s posted. He was particularly active on August 31, which is interesting. He also just “hearted” a post of mine on Slack. So far, nothing to indicate that he’s not a normal participant except the name “Jack,” which isn’t an uncommon name. Jack, care to comment?

Megan
      Participant

sidisvendergood on slack is @jsidis here.

Megan
      Participant

And someday I will figure out nested replies.

Jack
      Participant

Hey Blondie, it’s totally fine. I don’t mind the attention. I’m new and too busy to be very involved/still getting the lay of the land. I believe I predate the character Jack(?) Every time I type out the vultures descend. Which is not abnormal it seems. Lol

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jack.
         Blondie
        Participant

Ha ha. Soooorrrryyyyy @jsidis. I like your sense of humour anyways. Much love xxx

Megan
      Participant

@jsidis – if there’s anything we can do to help you get involved just let us know. we can be a pretty paranoid group sometimes and that last chapter was…crazy…so I think we’ll probably jump quickly at most anything right now.

Jack
      Participant

Thank you Megan, I will. I definitely understand justified paranoia.

Addison
        Participant

oh shit @jsidis – sorry for the random slack messages before.. you are very obviously not who i thought you were.

Shaun
      Participant

I read this as “Mason is AI”. That’s still on the table with everyone we’ve met right? The AI thing that is…

Viewing 22 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar