Mason at my house 9/12

This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Shaun.

• Author
       Megan
      Participant

Last night I was sitting in my office on campus – it’s a 5 minute walk from my house – and I saw the FB live video and holy fucking shit, he was outside my house.

Yeah. We can all talk about all being on the board or whatever but seriously, I’ve been here longer than most and…it’s one thing to sign up for something that you know is likely to follow you when you’re in a specific city, even if you live in that city. I’m not going to sit here and pretend I honestly thought that their reach extended equally everywhere. I know it’s an LA game.

I walked home as quickly as I could with @michelle on the phone. When I got here, Mason was outside talking with Travis. I hung up the phone.

And I’m not going to talk about the rest. Except to say – it’s not a game. And I hope you know exactly what it means for me of all people to say that.

I’m home and safe and you’re all aware that everything I say is being read so I’ll just leave it at that.

Kristin
      Participant

For once I am speechless. Glad you’re safe. This is just… I don’t even know.

M.
      Participant

I would say it’s a comfort to hear your voice but yeah… I’m glad you’re safe. And I’ll leave it at that.

Kristin
      Participant

Watching that video totally shook me to the core. No one is safe. Ever. Anywhere.

Blondie
      Participant

*checks the front door is locked*

Jokes… I think I’m good.

But seriously, glad you are at least to some degree ok @coryphella

Winston Smith
      Participant

So lemme make sure I understand this. @coryphella hung out with a guy who keeps a body in his trunk, and she doesn’t want to talk about it? Move along, there’s nothing to see here?

Is she afraid to talk about it? What are the consequences if she does?

Does she need to talk about it, but do so securely, and privately?

She has some sort of agreement with whoever was inhabiting @a on slack and sounded Masonish. What is the nature of that agreement?

So, either it isn’t safe to talk about it which calls into question whether she really is in a safe position, or she doesn’t want to talk about something that was probably quite an interesting, possible even “enlightening” experience.

Why?

Robert Fuller
      Participant

@winstonsmith I think it’s both. She can’t talk about it, and she doesn’t want to. Never silent, except when they tell you to be.

I have to say, I’m dying to know what went on, but I also respect her right to privacy and silence.

Jackie
      Participant

Yay!! I knew you’d get back when you could. Wild. Too wild.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I can’t tell you good it was to hear your voice today, @coryphella, and to find out you were okay.

As for why you’re not talking about what happened with Mason Silver… I dunno. You know I trust you. But I don’t trust him.

As for this not being a game: from the minute that call of Clint surfaced saying “I think he’s real” the entire texture of this thing has changed. This isn’t a fun story about a creepy cult that we can theorize and crack wise about and jokey joke around. This is real, with real people getting hurt, real people being stalked to their homes, and real people dying. All these emotions we have been feeling… they’re real too.

So when you say this isn’t a game, I know exactly who I should believe.

Shaun
      Participant

@coryphella what are the ethical implications (in immersive theater) of saying “it’s not a game”??

Megan
      Participant

@shaun – before I answer that question….are you seriously wanting an answer to that question?

Shaun
      Participant

@coryphella I, like Mason (and I’m sure many others), are most definitely interested in ethics as it relates to immersive theater.

If you’ve been doing a paper of some kind on it I’m even more interested.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@shaun This is not immersive theater anymore. This is real.

Megan
      Participant

@shaun – I’ve been researching/writing a paper on Tension for LONGLONGLONG time now, like, since this whole thing started spring last year. When I originally got involved in Tension it was with the intention of doing research, not participating, because I’m not in LA, but I got sucked in anyway. The original paper was intended to be not about ethics but the issue of ethics came up DURING Tension and I spoke about it on a podcast (and argued at length privately with someone because his whole dumbass argument came from one blog post I wrote and I took it personally just like I take everything personally). When I started having readers the feedback I got was that the most interesting parts of the paper were the issues of ethics. Anyway, the paper sort of evolved into more about ethics than not, because of all that.

To answer the rest of your question – well, if I do that here, Larry will jump down my throat for not acknowledging that this isn’t a game, Noah will probably come back on the forums and accuse me of spending too much time in 16 levels of meta with no whips, and Mason’s reading everything I write and I am not sure he has a coherent stance on ethics at this point so I can answer in PMs or sometime after we make it through this. 🙂

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@coryphella I hope you don’t believe that I “jump down your throat” so much as offer a reminder, and to be vigilant.

Shaun
      Participant

@larry “This is a true story” like Fargo.

@coryphella
      I look forward to discussing this with you IF we make it through this!

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar