Lust Cards

Tagged: , , ,

This topic has 86 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Violet.

• Author
       Kortney
      Participant

Had the idea of making a deck of cards with each character being a specific card; then when they referenced the cards again during the iC meet & greet I figured if they’re gonna keep referencing it it may be an actual fun thing.
      This is a sheet with a planned-out map of who should be what; it’s not filled in yet because I think it’s a better idea to start when we have all the characters in case something changes.

So I made a quick demo one of Otis being his 2 of Diamonds.
      otisistheshit

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is fantastic, @kortneydarling!

Jackie
      Participant

YES? YES! THIS PROJECT, DO IT.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is incredible.

I want a joker card of me strangling III. I will pay top dollar.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kortneydarling You bad little bitch, you. I love this. I can’t wait to see the rest that you come up with.

Megan
      Participant

@kortneydarling – THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! Can I be a card? I WILL BE ANY CARD YOU WANT MAKE ME A CARD TOO PLEASE.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

OH MY GOD THE ARTWORK FUCK

Just make more. Just make all of them.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Holy shit @kortneydarling. This is amazing!

Make them. Make all 52 of them. I HAVE MONEY RIGHT HERE AND IT WANTS TO BE YOURS.

LaSalle
      Participant

THIS IS AMAZING! I second Bryan, please take my money so I can have this! Can we also have @larry as a Joker with plenty of plants….I mean succulents? And @meghanmayhem in a tyvek suit, obvs.

Tom Hite
      Participant

Amazeballs AF. Yass, queen, yass!

Kortney
      Participant

I should have put this in the original post*
      This is for characters only; if by the end of it there are empty spots I’ll figure out what is best to fill them. Obviously can’t draw all the participants cause there’s too many of us; but if there’s someone like @meghanmayhem though who acted with characters and did things such as the breaking into of the warehouse/periscoped it that’s a good reason to have them as a card if there are blank ones.

I’ve dealt with drawing friends for something like this before and it’s a messy thing that should probably be avoided. That being said, if I have free time in the future and you REALLY want a drawing then you can pay me. I don’t do stuff like this for free unless it’s for my personal pleasure.

Candace
      Participant

@kortneydarling I will pay you for a LUST card deck!!! This is fucking amazing ??? great idea!

Brian E
      Participant

@kortneydarling Take my money! That’s an awesome proof of concept, I think making a deck of cards of all the key characters is an excellent idea. You could easily set up a small kickstarter or indiegogo for the deck of cards, I would certainly pay you for a deck. Your art is work is fantastic, I also really enjoyed the “Never Silent” piece you did a while ago.

If this helps you out, I can offer to shoot anyone on a simple neutral blank background some random afternoon as reference shots.

Maranda
      Participant

Wow, @kortneydarling this is brilliant! I really hope you get the resources (and the blessing of The Powers That Be) to bring this project to life. That said, I hear that there is a certain group of investors you should avoid at all costs.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Pack it up folks, @kortneydarling wins Lust for the day. That’s such a cool idea!

Taylor Winters
      Participant

This is wonderful. You have insane talent for sure! I look forward to seeing a fleshed out deck!

Kortney
      Participant

Guys – to be clear- I don’t want anyone to pay me to do this. It’s something I’m doing for fun.

Kortney
      Participant

Andy being served…

Maranda
      Participant

Beautiful! Although Andy did say he’s stepping away, @confuseddude I hope you see this if you happen to log in again.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kortneydarling Simply awesome. Never have I been so excited for the lull before the next storm, as it’s giving us the opportunity to appreciate this rad artwork of yours.

Jackie
      Participant

I second tim, tom, everyone:
      YAS QUEEN, YAS.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@kortneydarling This is FANTASTIC. I hate to admit it, but @lasalle is right — I will be the Joker.
      I showed Stephanie this thread, and she requests to be included, and that she be naked.

111error
      Participant

Just adding to the applause already posted, these are incredible.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

These are beautiful! You’re so talented @kortneydarling! 🙂

Chloe
      Participant

This is AMAZING! Seriously, if you ever print these out, I’ll def buy a pack.

Sean

Every part of me wants a deck of these in my house

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’ve got a poker chip set I still need to break out… Lust poker night once the desk is done?

Sage
      Participant

These are amazing! You are a great artist!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nothenrygale If you’re into poker, @winstonsmith runs a friendly monthly game in the South Bay area… :3

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kortneydarling those cards are absolutely wonderful. I like your style!

Tom Kircher
      Participant

These are amazing, @kortneydarling I would buy the shit out of these!

superstar
      Participant

@kortneydarling These are great! Really clever idea and fantastic execution 🙂

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant
       Kortney
      Participant

Thank you @larry I’ve favorited that link!

Also, Stacey

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kortneydarling That’s a beauty!

Jackie
      Participant

@kortneydarling
      This is fire. like pure, pure fire.

111error
      Participant

That card is slightly depressing, and amazing. These cards are incredible.

Kortney
      Participant

I originally had Kristin as a 9 but I’m a petty bitch who doesn’t like her so I made her a 3
      thisbitch

Kortney
      Participant

Also, I have reference for Noah and that’s the last I really have (and I don’t have a solid idea for what I want his to be either). I ordered my Tension book but it hasn’t shipped yet, so I don’t have reference for Sabrina or kind of anyone else. If anyone is able to help me out with that I’d much appreciate it.

Kortney
      Participant

Planning on getting 2-3 more cards done in the next day.

Also @meghanmayhem – just sayin – I think you earned yourself a card 😉

Glory be

Kortney
      Participant

Happy stupid fireworks day via Noah

This one took way longer than expected (re-did the screaming face like 5 times) so the next few aren’t gonna be done today. I have 3 more that I’m capable of doing at the moment. Stay tuned.

ALSO- if you want to see progress shots you can follow me on snapchat, @friggin // I’m friends only, so I’ll have to accept you for you to see my snaps.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kortneydarling Yes yes yes fuck yes. The 200 faces/moods of my favorite clown prince <3

111error
      Participant

@kortneydarling These are just too good.

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

I want to see these up in an art gallery!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

fantastic!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Aaaaaaand I’m in love with the Noah card. Absolutely wonderful.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just amazing.

Brian E
      Participant

@kortneydarling These are all fantastic, Noah is my favorite, so much is going on. Awesome job on all of these.

Kortney
      Participant

Macy!

I currently have A LOT of full-body drawings I have to do for work so It’s going to be a second before I’m able to get back and work on these. Stay tuned though. More to come.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Another great addition to the collection @kortneydarling!!!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

As always, you killed it @kortneydarling

superstar
      Participant

Awesomeness, @kortneydarling!

Kortney
      Participant

I present… Morgan!

Also, it goes to show that I’m significantly better at these when I have actually met/know the person. Also just… getting used to this style

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Sean. Reason: Empty edit, because activity feed accidentally ate original post
       Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Kort, this is magnificant! I love the background details as well. Yesyesyes!

Cristen
      Participant

@kortneydarling you have absolutely captured his usual pose and handsomeness! And just a drop of shiftiness. I love every inch of this.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I LOVE IT!!!

Chloe
      Participant

Gorgeous job @kortneydarling! Love it! ❤️

Candace
      Participant

Ahhh it’s so perfect!! @kortneydarling I can’t wait to see more ??? I love these soo much!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ahhhh that’s so great, @kortneydarling!

111error
      Participant

It’s the best drawing of me that’s ever existed. Thank you very, very much Kortney, I will treasure this.
      I hope that staring at our logo for so long didn’t influence your future decision to join us.

Kortney
      Participant

@111error sorry, Morgan. I’m a Noah gal.

Lauren Bello

This is amazing, @kortneydarling

Is there any particular train of thought that led to all the Resistance members being Hearts?

Kortney
      Participant

@daela Yep – with the symbolism and the meaning of Hearts I initially chose Stacey to be a heart cause she seemed pure of intent- and the Resistance seems to be the purest of the groups, so I’m making them a suit together. Trying to make the same idea with the other suits, while keeping whatever characters Otis (bless him) specified in his periscope as their cards. But that hasn’t been revealed yet, so thankfully it’s easy to change the suits on the cards.

Violet
      Participant

@kortneydarling THESE CONTINUE TO BE AMAZING

Jackie
      Participant

Wow these are just out of this world!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kortneydarling You are so talented I’m loving every one of these! <3

GoldTongue
      Participant

@kortneydarling absolutely incredible. Love the eyes! Love everything. Keep up the great work!

superstar
      Participant

Beautiful, @kortneydarling! <3

Kortney
      Participant

Sarah!
      I didn’t know how to properly represent Sarah so I talked to @rizzzoooooo and he gave me inspiration. Reminded me of his interaction with her and how she looked pathetic in the rain when she came and gave him the manilla folder and dog toy all those months ago. So that’s why she looks so disheveled here. I feel like this is the more accurate Sarah, especially since The System event where she wasn’t in control at all.

Cristen
      Participant

Gorgeous, Kortney! ?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Fabulous work as usual @kortneydarling!

Cassandra
      Participant

Amazing!

111error
      Participant

These are so, so good.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

That’s just gorgeous. So many talented people on here, it’s ridiculous.

Kortney
      Participant

CONTEXT/WARNING

TO BE CLEAR, Meghan is NOT a character. She’s a PARTICIPANT that has done enough important story-moving-forward interactions to grant her a card (in my eyes). She was selected to get the burner phone, which led her to be Noah’s little assistant in the beginning chapters. THEN she was chosen to meet with the BOS leader before it was revealed to be Morgan, and did a dead drop as well. She did a shit ton of important ass stuff, so I made her a card.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE A CARD.
      PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO DRAW YOU FOR THIS. IF I THINK YOU’RE WORTHY OF BEING A CARD I WILL GO TO YOU PERSONALLY TO ASK PERMISSION AND THEN CONTINUE FROM THAT POINT. AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO DRAW YOU.
      A lot of people have helped move the story forward. I held off on drawing Meghan for a few reasons, one being that I wasn’t sure how many characters were going to pop up and fill in the spaces for the 52 (54) cards. Now that we’re almost at half way, and there are many characters but a majority of them don’t have reference or are only voices/minor I felt safe enough to be able to lock in Meghan as a card.

So yeah. Enjoy the @meghanmayhem card.

Also, please don’t feel the need to comment ‘good job’ or anything like that. I’m not going to stop you, I’m just not good at taking compliments as well as it’s just easier to say it in Slack or something.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kortneydarling You magical beast, you. I love it!! Thank you so much! I am very honored to get to be in your deck of miscreants <3

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I just noticed a fun ironic detail of Morgan’s card. His suit is the JACK of Hearts 😉
      (His card was made before any of us knew… what we now know)

Kortney
      Participant

@bcbishop
      as the 5 of Clubs (cause I fucked up)

CONTEXT/WARNING –

TO BE CLEAR, Bryan is NOT a character. He’s a PARTICIPANT that has done enough important story-moving-forward interactions to grant him a card (in my eyes). Bryan has done so much shit I can’t even list all of it (I can but I’m lazy).

There’s been a constant theme of trying to get Bryan to be the hulk with his anger, essentially; so I made him angry.
      SIDE NOTE, I actually intended to make Bryan a diamond but then I made him in greyscale instead of the red tones so when I update the cards later I’m going to update that. I need to update the cards that only have like 3 tones instead of 5, and update suits/numbers once we know who belongs where/what number.

Also, I was working on Mason’s card before this- got all of the outlines done and a chunk of the color, saved it then turned my computer to sleep and when I tried opening the file back up it said it was corrupted. So fuck that. Trying to get that fixed so I can get another card out soon.
      (I made Mason sexy cause I mean, god damn. I can’t wait to get shit for it.)

Cristen
        Participant

Well-deserved @bcbishop. Just know that your anger may be justified, but it can also be very dangerous. I do hope that you’re pointing it in the right direction, when things come to a head.

That said, to old allies, and lost ones, this is beautifully done, Kort.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

This is SO fucking cool, @kortneydarling! I’m straight-up humbled to be part of this deck. Thank you.

#TeamJoyce #TeamAngry #TeamNoneOfThisWillEndWell

Violet
      Participant

@kortneydarling Bryan may be my favourite yet!! This is so fucking awesome…can’t wait to see your Mason card 😉

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Don’t make Bryan angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

Chelsea
      Participant

@kortneydarling This is so incredibly pretty. Well done.

Kortney
      Participant

After failing to revive the photoshop document I had to start from scratch, and don’t think this one turned out as good but hey- here it is.
      Mason!

Also Mason, I’m working on making you a friendship bracelet <3

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Because OF COURSE he’d be a Jack.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Violet
      Participant

@kortneydarling I AM DEAD THIS IS EVERYTHING.

Viewing 85 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar