Last week, spoofed calls, and the new rules of engagement

This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Bryan Bishop.

• Author
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Despite the shock and awe of Mason’s psychotic torture display, I’ve been thinking a lot about what happened last week — the leaks, the aggressive introduction of spoofed phone calls vs. No Caller ID, and the disappearance of TPTB. Then last night, I got another email from the Darren Text Leaker, and think it all fits together into something resembling a theory.

The short version: DLB/CS have been ousted, and are now reaching out to us via spoofed phone numbers and Instagram, both to warn us and to protect themselves. No Caller ID, which has always been used by the The Experiences themselves, is everyone else.

The (long) tick-tock that I believe supports this as follows…

Participants start getting calls with audio recordings of wiretapped participants. They’re all from No Caller ID calls, except for…

-@shankfx22, who receives a call from @chelsea. It’s of Darren shouting at Clint, frustrated that they’ve been locked out of the Lust accounts.

THEORY: These leaks were actually all from TPTB, and they were using a mix of No Caller ID and spoofed numbers to confuse everyone (including The Investors and Horace) about the source. They were trying to warn us, and the Tension cast, about the reach The Real Powers That Be have.

-Here’s where the newest leak comes in. The sender and recipient were blacked out, but it was pretty clear Clint Sears wrote the email and sent it on the night of the 29th. Here’s the text:

Darren just needs to calm down.

Different cultures have different ways of dealing with things and sometimes they like to huff and puff, have these shows of force and as long as everyone involved shows that they are scared most of the time they back away. Nothing serious has happened every time that we go with the flow and make a big show about how they are in charge.

You guys do what is best for you but that is my simple advice. That and be very fucking careful about where you find your funding in that shit show you guys call home.

THEORY: The Real Powers That Be locked out Darren and Clint as a show of force (this is what we heard in the recordings). Darren panicked, and decided to start calling people with audio recordings to let them know what was happening on the sly. Also: there’s a rift between Darren and Clint forming. Clint is open to playing ball with TRPTB; Darren, not so much.

-@meghanmayhem notices that Clint has posted an Instagram photo with a returned letter to Stephanie subtly placed in the frame.

-@blondie receives another secret audio recording, spoofed as being from Andrew Perez. (Following along with the above, this is DLB and/or CS spreading more warnings.)

Buz gets a call from Darren, who apologizes and tells him to never contact him at that number again.

THEORY: TPTB had been completely locked out of Lust at this point. After warning everybody as best he could, Darren goes dark. He made the call from his number, and told somebody he knew would share it publicly, because he also wanted The Real Powers That Be to know he would be off the board moving forward.

-I get multiple calls from multiple spoofed numbers. “We are not in control” / My name, over and over / “The way out is through.”

THEORY: This was DLB/CS, calling from hiding, telling me — and the community — that they are now out of the picture. They may have gotten us into an incredibly dangerous situation, but at this point they want us to know that we can’t just walk away. The only way out is through.

-@mike notices a new Clint Instagram picture that features blacked out emails — like we’ve seen in many leaks in the past.

I can’t help but wonder if this is a clue. Has anyone been able to specifically match this to anything we’ve seen either in Tension or Lust?

-Joyce’s livestream happens. @larry says he notices both DLB and Stephanie Hyden join as viewers. Not them using a narrative-based account; them as individuals. Just like you would do if you were trying to keep tabs on something you had created, but no longer had control of.

-Clint Sears starts following community members on Periscope.

THEORY: They’ve been ousted, but both Clint and Darren are putting things in place to be able to monitor what happens next in Lust.

9.3 and onward…

-Clint has continued to post new Instagram pics, but I can’t discern any direct Lust or Tension connections.

TV in the backyard with smores is the only way to TV.

A post shared by Clint Sears (@chears500) on

NOW, THEN…

I realize that is a very long read, and it may be nonsense. But I nevertheless think that the change from No Caller ID — a Tension mainstay — to spoofed calls is something extremely important that we should be aware of. Likewise, the evolution of DLB and CS’s involvement in this project.

They may be partially responsible for landing us all in this mess, but it seems to me they’re also doing they’re best to help. Unless, of course, the split between Darren and Clint implied in the latest leak is the beginning of something different. If they end up on opposing sides for any reason… well, I imagined we’d be pretty fucked at that point.

Lia
      Participant

Well done, @bcbishop. This actually helps a lot. There was so much contact last week, and it was hard to mentally filter out all the noise of the Mason stuff.

I want to believe that DLB/CS are still on our side, maybe they’re just dealing with the situations in the ways that work best for them. Clint is far away and pretty removed from things, but Darren felt the heat constantly. Whatever they’ve decided to do, I know that many of us would drop everything to help them if we could.

Megan
      Participant

Actually thanks for reminding me – I meant to take a look at those emails in that photo, I can do that for a bit this afternoon.

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop – I keep looking at the blacked out papers on his instagram and it appears as though they aren’t on a table, but on a dry erase board or something. That means, they’re important enough to him that they’re up and displayed (possibly being worked on?). This seems to be something major either to us or to him….or both.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The main take away I think from all of this is that our main safety blankets of DLB and CS are gone. They are off the game board.

We no longer have any protection from the inside.

We are all on our own now. Will we continue to squabble over sides or interactions? Or will we stand together and carry every one of us through to the otherside?

Megan
      Participant

Looking at those pages they don’t match anything I have from Tension. I haven’t been the greatest at keeping records of everything in Lust but I know others have been doing a good job, so maybe someone else knows. The blackout text pattern doesn’t look familiar to me at all.

But, just piggybacking on what @mike said…it kind of doesn’t look like redacted text at all. It looks like a highlighted script, maybe. At least, Travis highlights his lines in blue, so they’re darker than they would be in yellow, and maybe that’s why I’m seeing that. But it almost looks like they’re not completely black.

Megan
      Participant

Also Bryan, it seems like Darren & Clint are really trusting you right now – or someone is anyway. Continue to do whatever it is that you’re doing to keep that trust and let them know you’re there for them and they can trust you.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Thanks for putting this all together @bcbishop.

I think @thebuz is right. With Darren and Clint gone, we no longer have any guarantee that what we’re doing from here on out is of their own making. The new Powers that Be might be willing to go as far as needed to make sure we play along with them.

All we’ve got in this experience-and maybe even future ones-are each other.

Megan
      Participant

As has now been pointed out to me – these aren’t script pages in the traditional script pages sense (theatre/play scripts don’t tend to be formatted like film scripts all the time) so it’s unlikely that they are script pages. But, Travis pointed out that they not only look like highlighted pages but the highlights were done in Word itself (or whatever program) – they’re too neat and even to be manually crossed out/highlighted.

GoldTongue
      Participant

The papers on Clint’s board look less like emails and more like bulleted/indented word documents. Pages of notes, perhaps. Could be narrative elements that he’s brainstormed and the scratch outs could be elements he’s since used or lost faith in.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Oh shoot, I just scrolled up and saw other people have said this already. Darn it.

Chelsea
      Participant

This is incredibly solid, @bcbishop. Thank you so much for writing all of this up. I’m going to have to read this at least 5 more times.

I feel like the recordings started going out before we started getting calls from “people we know”. Wasn’t “my” call to @shankfx22 the first call from a number? And I know my recording was from a No Caller ID. So in this specific case, TrPTB called with a recording of the call to Hannah to mock DLB/Clint or to throw us down a different rabbit hole?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

This tracks, @bcbishop. Nice work

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Caught up, this makes a lot of sense. Good shit. I’m def keeping an eye on Clint’s Instagram moving forward (even though I already was for all the pupper goodness!)

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bcbishop You are phenomenal!! I just cross-referenced The Sushi Dan email leaks with this IG photo and sadly, they are no match. I would like to believe that Darren & Clint are trying to help us and warn us of the dangers that lie ahead. I’m sure we would all provide any help to them at the drop of a hat, and knowing that “the only way out is through”, we must move forward, with our arms linked and ready to stand together.

Jackie
      Participant

@bcbishop Bravo!

A wild way to make sense of it, but certainly if true, all training wheels are off and shit is about to get murky…-er?

Sage
      Participant

@bcbishop, thank you! This is very helpful. My head was spinning last week and this makes it a little more clear!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Also Bryan, it seems like Darren & Clint are really trusting you right now – or someone is anyway.

@coryphella
      I’m pretty confident the emailed leaks are from a participant rather than Clint or Darren, actually. I think the correspondence is legit; they’re just not the ones sending it.

That said, I certainly hope they feel they could trust me should they need to reach out directly in the future. If the above theory is true at all, we’re all going to need to trust each other in the months to come.

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar