Landmark Worldwide

This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Brian E.

• Author
       Nicole Mae
      Participant

Hi All.

I just got invited by a friend to attend a ‘session’ with Landmark Worldwide. She said it ‘changed her life’ and that it’s awesome, but be open minded when I am researching because ‘some people try to bash on it and say it’s a cult.’

Instantly, and obviously, my first thoughts went to the game. After doing a bit of research I fell on this article and thought it was really interesting and drew some parallels to what we’re seeing with Tension/Lust.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/dec/14/ameliahill.theobserver

Has anyone been to a Landmark session? Thoughts on The System and comparison/speculation about Lust/Noah?

Candace
      Participant

Whoa…I just skimmed the article but this is real? I’d be so cautious because of tension..lol don’t drink the kool-aid!

Chris
      Participant

I have a college friend who posted about nothing for a whole year but how great Landmark was and how it was changing his life. Then the next year all he posted about was what a horrible sham it was.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I have 2 friends who are super duper involved with Landmark. Both have effectively stopped talking to me, save for every couple of months when one of them calls me to ask me how I’m doing financially and if I’d like to attend a life-changing seminar with him.

Pros: He’s super confident now and is totally slaying it business wise. He now runs his own legal practice.
      Cons: He has pretty much lost his entire personality.

It’s less of a cult and more of an obsessive pyramid scheme.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I suggest avoiding Landmark. It is about the money, dressed up in a high-gloss sheen about “personal development”. I think I wrote that the OOA uses all the tactics of a cult and send you back into the world free. Cults like Landmark use the same tactics to control and milk you for money. It’s always about the money.

However, Meghan is right. There is a certain demographic of people who can and do benefit from it. In my experience, having possibly maybe infiltrated an event or two, the people who do benefit truly had no direction, no self-confidence, struggled with undiagnosed anxiety and depression or social anxiety, or felt generally worthless.

So I can’t judge what benefits they may enjoy, but the tactics have always been questionable, if not unethical.

Brian E
      Participant

Lust will be way cheaper, and likely a more enjoyable experience and we have a very close community of different personality types of all kind. Which in many ways is superior to what you buy into IMO.

I went to a consolation open house, years ago, and was super excited about it. It’s EXPENSIVE first and foremost, you basically buy into a support system and you are pushed to do things all the time with this team, and you keep working at it together. You push each other, and your dealing with many strong personalities all looking for attention.

See it’s NOTHING at all like Lust.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar