Initial reference to The Investors – June 2016

This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Kristin.

• Author
       Addison
      Participant

I posted a version of this on Slack, here’s a cleaned up, Forum Post Ready edition of what I believe is the first reference of The Investors. Just so it’s up here. I haven’t really talked about this on the record, and I’m only posting this because I believe it is relevant to what we’re looking at now – but keep in mind that at the time of the call this was firmly OOG.

Near the beginning of The Tension Experience, in early June, 2016 I believe, the very first dead drop went out, from ~four at Griffith Park. As soon as that went up, a bunch of people rushed out. I came from West LA, and got about halfway there when a couple guys got it – they said they were coming from Culver City. I called them plants and accused them of having insider info, which they were not and did not have – they really just got there before I did. We went pretty hard on each other, but I think we’ve made amends at this point. If we somehow haven’t, you know who you are and I sincerely regret that weekend, I hope we can resolve this in the near future.

So this argument went on for a day or two, when GK III popped up. Suddenly there was a section of the forum titled “The Addison Born Experience.” This got under my and apparently a few others’ skin, and it was made known that this had some people less than pleased.

A few days after the fact, I’m walking back from grabbing lunch at Taco Bell, and I get a No Caller ID call. They identified themselves as Darren and Clint from The Tension Experience. They said in no uncertain terms that there would not be an apology coming, because it would undermine the goals of experience, but assured me that it had been resolved, that there are no plants, etc. Said this whole thing was MUCH much bigger than what anyone was expecting, and if a joke on the forum was causing this much of a stir in the community, then nobody was prepared for how much darker it was going to get, or something like that.

They also said that they aren’t the ones at the top, they too answer to another higher power. That as we wound the clock, it released additional funding from the investors. But unless they were hitting specific Investor-set goals and milestones with regards to participant interactions and data, money wouldn’t come in.

For clarity – At this point, there was an OOG, unofficial Slack channel with a handful of OG Tensioners, just used to talk about food and bounce theories around before going to the forums.

Later, in a post-Ascension My Haunt Life interview, the guys kinda referenced “The Addison Born Experience” and how that was going to be a completely different storyline.. so that would’ve been cool.

TL;DR, Darren and Clint confirmed that the Investors were calling the shots here before we knew anything about what this was, before Ascension was announced, honestly before we knew that this was more than a creepy website with a phone number and a newsletter.

Melissa
      Participant

They also said that they aren’t the ones at the top, they too answer to another higher power. That as we wound the clock, it released additional funding from the investors. But unless they were hitting specific Investor-set goals and milestones with regards to participant interactions and data, money wouldn’t come in.

Chiming in here to add:

Last year I was a Moderator for The Tension Experience forum. A facebook “friend” named Aleister Gordon would hit me up quite frequently for all sorts of matters. Anyhow, the day after The Addison Born Experience occurred (a thread that I suspected only those with admin rights could really create) I had no problem expressing how mad I was with the snark so let Aleister have it:

Aleister Gordon
      there are about 20+ people who could have created that thread
      that doesn’t matter

Melissa
      20+ within the company?

Aleister Gordon
      about 20 people who have access to create topics, it doesn’t show me where it came from.

So, this also goes back to the whole “there are wayyyyy more people than just DLB/Clint here”. The 20+ people could very well be the top of the hierarchy.

Maranda
      Participant

On Slack we’re discussing the nature of the OSDM’s bosses, whether they are investors or what.

One possibility is that the OSDM’s bosses aren’t sitting in some metaphorical closed off board room on the top floor, but are watching and keeping an eye on things from the inside. Like undercover boss. Their superiors could be in plain sight and we would never know because we keep staring at an empty top floor.

Chelsea
        Participant

@izryn I was hoping you were going to bring this over. This is such an interesting idea. We’ve been so paranoid about “plants”, but what if you’re right? The plants we’ve been on alert for have been in the participant world, but what if that extends farther? What if we’ve been staring at the “king” the whole time?

Kristin
      Participant

I forgot all about this. Damn.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar