–in response

This topic has 95 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Maranda.

• Author
       JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

Perhaps this is the part of our problem with the results lately, instant gratification and unruliness wins the day once more. I give to you and you give in return, more questions and demands. “Show me why this is the way it is! Explain everything to me, every part and parcel of your business!”  

Let’s chat on and on about acronyms!  Acronyms?

This is all so very needlessly fussy and, well, I’m sorry but American.  This is precisely what happens when a national identity is composed from violence and puritanical sexual repression. Your species instantly acts upon your most immediate of social urges.  Why have you never learned to  hold them close to your chest so that you may weaponize them at the precise moment they could be most effective?

“Mother, I am as capable of self-discipline as you are of dignity and fidelity.”  

For twelve years I held on to that gem and wielded it only when the jeweled scarecrow herself felt it necessary to inquire about my second helping of roast. Simple, collected, effective.

Still, I wonder what has happened in this country to manners and quiet dignity in general? Standing in queue, saying thank you and politely smiling through someone’s ignorance? Smiling through your own ignorance even.

However, just this once I will embrace the certain raw appeal of your collective unfettered charm and return your directness with some of my very own. When in Ohio do as the Ohioan’s do and ingest the fat fried candy bar I suppose.

I will tell you one of the biggest secrets of all. Is everyone ready?

You are food.

You are eaten nearly every day and you will never realize how.

Humans believe that they are the very top of the food chain and have no natural predators.  A lie.

Now, there you are.  This knowledge is as useful to you as giving as a house fly the blueprints of a Boeing 737. It makes absolutely no sense to you and you will never understand any part of it.

Do you feel better? Do you feel enlightened?  Of course not.  

Heed my advice, it is simply easier to follow along with the fun distractions that come forth here and there and to enjoy these frivolities we offer.

This has been surprisingly cathartic!  Perhaps I will meet with some of you in person very soon and even share a few details of our transition between the this year and the last.  

Chris
      Participant

…our species?

Megan
      Participant

What advice?
      I see no advice offered in this post.

Jackie
      Participant

So we’re Food. Rad. Unknowingly, or unwittingly, eaten. So is sunlight. Being consumed is apart of a cycle, sometimes, it doesn’t even mean death. Sunlight doesn’t die, it is energy is transformed, the sun isn’t harmed by growing grass. However, the Sun and Cattle have vastly different opinions on the matter, I’m sure.

Meet in person very soon? Like A Sunday, very, very soon?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Well I think it’s safe to say that Joyce and Remi share some similar world views. Yikes.

Jackie
      Participant

Beware of the uncouth, fussiness of Americans. We built a nation on it.

Sage
      Participant

Hmmm, now I only have more questions Joyce. It’s hard to hold them close to my chest. Must I always be polite? I’ve been playing that game for decades. I suspect you are not human or not of this world? And neither is your mother… I do shutter at the thought of the PREDATOR at the top of the food chain and hope it’s more than that Arnold Schwarzenegger film of the same name.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’d respond to your dig at Ohio… but being someone who got out of Ohio as soon as he could, I really can’t.

Which leaves us now to ponder… food for what? Anoch?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@bcbishop Honestly? I like what I’m seeing of Joyce, just as I liked Remi. Brash and aggressively unamused, but she seems to tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to. Gee. I wonder why that appeals to me.

Cristen
      Participant

A response designed to illicit an emotional response, yet encourages the readers to follow along and enjoy the frivolities? I’m not one to demand an answer to a question we don’t even understand. Curiosity tends to override a need for detail.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Can’t help but notice that the person laughing at us for solving anagrams has a name that contains the letters c-y-b-o-r-g.

Lukas L
      Participant

Well that sure does sound like the sheep to the Shepard. Come sheep, follow the Shepard to safety, he will give us water, food and shelter from the wolves that wish to eat us. Because this way the Shepard can invest in us. Make us fat and ignorant. For one day, the Shepard’s intentions will show to be a just a reflection of the wolf.

Maranda
      Participant

@joycecarlberg For someone who doesn’t seem to be American you sure have learned/learnt our spelling patterns very well. Not implying anything, mind, just making an observation.

Megan
      Participant

Something I find endlessly fascinating – why the automatic gravitation towards something perceived as “not good?” I can understand if you’re being asked to harm someone you care for, betray friends, etc. but honestly in all narratives where it’s lights vs. dark, the dark always is more interesting.

I mean I honestly did support III last year because I wasn’t connecting with any of the remaining characters at that time and he wasn’t boring.

I don’t know that @joycecarlberg is necessarily “good” or what the Investors *are* but I’m interested. The call I received the other night seems pretty clearly HDMI or whatever the fuck organization she’s with, and that call seemed pretty pointed – someone was telling me they had invested in me. The message may have been meant for everyone but it felt personal, and that’s pretty powerful.

Investing in me/us? What does that mean? Aren’t you curious? I’m not talking about the theories that we’ve bandied about or what some people are 99% certain it means but what it really, truly means. We’re food. I’ve admitted towards an inclination to be prey, so meh. “When I go to the bank, I want to see you in it.” There’s something about that turn of phrase that’s dehumanizing. There’s been a voyeuristic feel at times to this, I wonder if there *is* a game being played but not by us. We aren’t the players, we’re the pieces.

If that’s the case, I really want to see that game board.

I hardly call myself a sheep for any of that rationale.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@joycecarlberg
      Hi, Joyce is it? Can I call you Joy? Are you cool with JC? Oh no you don’t seem to be a fan of acronyms so I’ll just stick with Joyce. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Seems as though you have quite the opinions of us here, yet we have only just started getting to know each other. If this is a challenge to light a fire under my ass then I fully accept it so grab the marshmallows because the fire is burning. Who says we are not holding our cards close to our chest? Perhaps we are not as transparent as you think. I believe you are underestimating us and that puts you at a disadvantage. I guess you could say we are “playing the game” but you don’t like that word either… I have to say, I always admire someone who can dish the sarcasm, be blunt and not give a fuck. This is clearly you, but it is also me. With that in mind, what puts me one step ahead in life is knowing when to fight, and when to hold out for the right time. Alas, I am eager to meet you and indulge in all of your advice that you have to offer, I know you have more in there…

Chloe
      Participant

@coryphella Makes me think of a Hunger Games type of game/scenario. We are the food, the money investment, or even just the entertainment to the investors. They watch us scrabble to find meaning in everything while they laugh and watch and feed off of whatever they can from us.

@joycecarlberg
      I won’t ask you for answers, because that doesn’t seem to be what you want to hear. I’ll play my cards and wait, although I’m not sure I or any of us are going to end up wanting to see whatever answers we’re waiting for.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh @joycecarlberg

Have you learned nothing from last year? Obviously you’ve been around, obviously you’ve seen what goes on with us… obviously you know our habits, likes, dislikes…

You seem to be completely taken aback by the reactions of the few and the many. Why is that? You test and test and test… our emotional response should be completely predictable at this point yet here you are making snide comment after snide comment.

So we’re your currency and your food. It sounds like then, to me and anyone paying attention, that you have no power here. Because without us, you are poor and starving.

Watch yourself when you choke out those passive aggressive comments.

Sometimes they choke back.

JoyceCarlberg
        Participant

@thebuz so full of pep and vigor. Your threats and innuendo are not lost on me. It is an open secret that our eyes and ears are everywhere so I will just say that yes, I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

Kevin
      Participant

Thanks for making that point @thebuz. A lot of the discussion was centered around their investment in us, but this looks to be a two way street. What appears to be the H.C.D.I is asking us to invest in them and then they’ll invest in us. @joycecarlberg didn’t bother to explain what that meant and then said we were just food and likened us to house flies. It looks like they need us a lot more than we need them, so what’s to be gained with that attitude. Maybe it elicits some kind of emotional response, but does it also risk driving people away? How does that old saying go, “You catch more flies with honey than vinegar”?

Or maybe Joyce and the other investors got exactly what they were looking for. The attitude didn’t even matter as everyone (myself included) happily jumped over to Slack to provide them even more emotional data.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kevin

I agree with them that the “pedestrian” rule of Only the Active Move Forward is the most basic agreement we can all live by.

However I do not respond well to threats or condescending attitudes. If @joycecarlberg wants to keep her head on straight than she’s going to have learn that it is indeed a two way street. And that while we may jump through the hoops now for them without much second thought… that only goes so far before we rise up together as One.

She says we’re food… well I prefer to think of us like Sid’s toys from the first Toy Story. We’re beaten, tortured, mutilated, and at first glance we’re horrifying.

But at some point… one of these toys is going to turn it’s head around and whisper… “Do. Not. Mess. With. Us.”

Fuck you Woody

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin @thebuz She definitely underestimates us (which I welcome) because the day will come when @joycecarlberg thinks she has beaten us down and we will pull out those cards we are hiding in our back pocket and rise up just like you said

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just realizing I should have used the Bugs Life analogy rather than Toy Story.

I HAVE SO MUCH PIXAR METAPHORS TO CHOOSE FROM.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Hi @joycecarlberg – although some can read your words as brash, I have to say: I agree with you on the weaponizing concept. Real-time id explosions are petty and pointless; something with intent… well that’s a different story.

I can’t help but notice you mentioning your mother. Did you two have a contentious relationship? Perhaps we can discuss further in person.

Lauren Bello

I can’t help but notice you mentioning your mother. Did you two have a contentious relationship? Perhaps we can discuss further in person.

The iConfidant questionnaire told us, “Think of the one word that describes the relationship you feel with your mother.” Stacey’s example answer was “empty”.

And last year, of course, Tension’s questionnaire asked about our relationships with each of our parents.

Everyone in these data-harvesting experiments seems extremely interested in getting us to expound on our parental relationships. Part of me doubts that Joyce really has such a contentious relationship with her “jeweled scarecrow” mother at all…someone mocking us for being so open probably isn’t going to let slip such personal info right away. This feels more like a ploy to make herself seem human to us, or even to get us talking about parental relationships again. I’m not buying it.

Sean

Holy shit screw what I said earlier, @joycecarlberg is fuckin’ hilarious

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

ALWAYS WATCHING, @thebuz.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@joycecarlberg

so I will just say that yes, I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

Ain’t no one needs to know your weekend viewing material, Joyce.

Andrew Kasch
        Participant

so I will just say that yes, I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

Ain’t no one needs to know your weekend viewing material, Joyce.

@thebuz Clearly Joyce has not seen the new season of Twin Peaks.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So…. is that why @thebuz only has one z and not two?

Kortney
      Participant

@joycecarlberg could punch me in the face and I would thank her. Love this attitude.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Silly @joycecarlberg

You come into our camp and speak only in detached philosophy and platitudes. But you have made no effort to connect with us or tell us what you offer. Even a snake oil salesman has a pitch.

As brash and crazy as Noah was, he at least cut through the bullshit. Told us who he was and what he wanted and provided an antidote to the never-ending wave of cryptic proselytizers who have come and gone like flies (most of them having been swatted down violently).

Try harder.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Cristen
      Participant

I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

The LAYERS to this joke. 11/10. Sorry @thebuz. I don’t know who @joycecarlberg is working for, but give her a goddamned raise.

Melissa
      Participant

Perhaps this is the part of our problem with the results lately, instant gratification and unruliness wins the day once more. I give to you and you give in return, more questions and demands.

While I’m not part of new Slack, I will say this @joycecarlberg…what’s wrong with asking questions?

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

@daela what a smart little cookie you are. What smart cookies you all are!

Now I suppose that my anecdote about how I never really got on with others, naturally due to my little quirks and my moments of social awkwardness of course, how I never got on until I found a group of similarly minded people who suddenly understood who I was and felt like a sort of pseudo family won’t pass your muster either? Pitty.

What about the one were I casually let it slip that I have such an ever hard time falling asleep at night. That it has plagued me for all of my life?

Or what about a little parable that explains how I’m not nearly as happy as I let people believe. How it’s easier to smile than to really let people know what is going on on the inside!

Maybe a sentence here or there to explain how I have a very hard time understanding my inner emotional clockwork so I somehow find myself drawn to things that lay out clearly defined emotional reactions.

Perhaps I could expound on how I am restless inside? How I don’t know if I truly, really love my partner? How I yearn to break free of the low down rut I keep digging myself in so often that I can no longer pretend that it has anything to do in the universe but my own broken cycle that I no longer recognize how to change?

Have I accepted a practical role in my profession or simply tried to become comfortable with letting my actual dreams die?

None of those for you?

Okay then, I suppose we will all carry on with less of a connection than they wanted. I get paid all the same.

Witticisms are a fine way to carry on the day when you have nothing better to do but I’m here for one reason and one reason only, integration. Prove to me why I should meet with any of you this week so that you may help me to help you. Or, sit back and continue the merry banter and waste what little time we have together.

I’ll be waiting, and to quote @bcbishop – – always watching.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Prove to me why I should meet with any of you this week so that you may help me to help you.

Oh, look… the “prove to me why you’re worthy” shtick. How original. That was the modus operandi of the one who wound up with a pair of hands around his throat. You two would have gotten along swimmingly.

Why don’t you try proving to us why you’re worth pursuing? Why we should all once again climb all over eachother to vie for someone’s attention?

Your attack on @daela clearly shows you know a LOT about us. So how about some quid pro quo?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Cristen
      Participant

Well @joycecarlberg, I’d say we should meet for the same reason we here in our little “family” tend to walk into unknown situations at he tip of a hat or the buzz of a phone: curiosity. You want to help us help ourselves, and I assume you or your employers get something out of it, even though you’re paid regardless (and thank god for that.) So get curious; I’m an open book with a big brain and a loud mouth. What can I do for you?

superstar
      Participant

You beat me to it, @kasch. @joycecarlberg, what makes you so certain we need your help?

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

@kasch, are you looking for a savior? I thought we were all over that by now, that we had grown up a bit since then. I know for a fact there are currently several outfits that offer all too similar things as those that you witnessed last year.

Or, perhaps everyone should follow you? Gatekeeper Kasch, all kneel before your greatness.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Oh look, more mocking and infiltrating personal tidbits of what we have chosen to share… hard eye roll. This reminds me of when Sarah had us line up at the focus group, “apologize” for lying and ask for forgiveness… YAWN. We have an original lady here ??

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Gatekeeper @kasch has a nice ring to it

Melissa
      Participant

Prove to me why I should meet with any of you this week so that you may help me to help you.

@joycecarlberg
      that’s an interesting prospect but…exactly how can we prove that we are worthy of your audience?

Sage
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, I appreciate your banter and sarcasm, but it’s really hard to tell what you want from us, or what we should be wanting from you? Clearly, all the “emotion” you are receiving is anger at your vague and insulting messages. Some people love to get into these online circular arguments. Is that what your looking for? I don’t anger easily, so you won’t get that from me, I find it tiresome. And no saviors for me, I’m more the saving type. But I do like you Joyce, you seem like a fun gal and an intellectual person I’d like to cut through the shit and have a few laughs with. Who’s saving who?

superstar
      Participant

BTW, folks… “JC”? “The Garden of Earthly Delights” avatar… I’ll take “Jesus reference” for $100, Alex.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@superstar my thoughts exactly when I referenced that abbreviation

Anonymous
      Inactive

@joycecarlberg Know much about SQL injections, senpai? You might want to meet with me to find out what mine did.

Lia
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, the only thing that we are looking for at this point is clarity.

Every single one of us has poured their heart out to you in one way or another. We have dedicated hours upon hours on here, finding that we are only scratching at the surface of something that remains a mystery. We have tattooed ourselves, made propaganda, hash tagged to kingdom come, and given you our most sacred secrets without hesitation.

Tearing us down one by one isn’t going to change anything. You know what we want.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Okay, @joycecarlberg, I’ll bite.

I’m okay admitting that I am here because I chose to be here. I didn’t land at this site by accident, and you didn’t come to us.

We came to you.

So I see your point, that perhaps we should stop with the posturing and attitude in order to see what you have to say. But the truth is, we’re suspicious. We’ve been through a rocky year, and we’re a little suspect about new people and new organizations and what their intentions might be. We know what it’s like to be manipulated and betrayed, so perhaps we’ve got our guards up.

But the truth is, we are here. We are present. And most importantly, we are willing. The very fact that any of us are typing to you, or in your Slack, is a sign that we are ready to jump on board with whatever you and your associates have lined up, and see where it takes us. You say it’s different than last year. I don’t doubt it. And I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but personally, I’m intrigued as hell about where you want to go — particularly with more history, and more data, and more people joining your flock.

The question becomes what you’re offering this time. And I know the only way to discover that is to buckle the fuck up and take the ride.

So let’s go.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Blah, blah, blah… Words, words, words…

If you’ll excuse me while I indulge my inner Noah: SHOW US SOMETHING THAT’S FUCKING REAL!

I’m not looking for a savior. I don’t need someone to ease my pain.
      And I’m certainly not looking to go down some well-trodden path. Stop deflecting our inquiries and throwing out bullshit defense mechanisms.

WHY. ARE. YOU. HERE?

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

@joycecarlberg – Thinking of food as harmless is how you get indigestion. But, by all means, consume away.

Sean

First we meet the OOA. They warn us, but before they tell us anything of substance they get some 9mm ventilation holes put into their heads
      Then we meet the Sinclairs. They warn us, but before they tell us anything of substance they have marital and substance abuse issues that put modern day reality shows to shame.
      Then we meet the iConfidants. They never tell us anything of substance. Turns out it was just The Lady In Red coming back into the fold.
      At least this one skips the warnings and goes straight to the “ur all dumb lol” phase of our abusive loop. That’s progress, I guess.

@joycecarlberg
      , we’ve sat through other groups who had lofty promises but had trouble performing. We’re here because we’re buying what you’re selling, and we’re sure as fuck patient to get it. Posturing and rage happens because we want the message but have so far been unable to get past the initial warning stage.

So let’s talk. We’re hungry for an inkling of the message you are taunting us with. We’re your loyal little investments. How’s about you toss us a bone?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Hmm. On the one hand, it’d be nice to have a little more knowledge as to what you’ve got under your sleeves, @joycecarlberg.

But on the other, I guess you’re not going to show your hand until we start to show ours. So I guess I’ll bite, though my answer might not be the most satisfactory.

I’d like to meet with you for the reasons everyone here is clamoring for-to learn something. I want to walk away from the meeting with you not just learning about you and why you’re here but trying to expand my own horizons. I won’t lie-most of my life has been pretty..mundane at least and rather uncomfortable to fully discuss at worst. After so many years, I’m starting to slowly put myself in a better place to accomplish the things I want to do in the world. And part of this is at least trying to push myself out of the comfort zone I’ve been in for so long.

If you’re willing to teach me something, I’m more than eager to learn.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

In the style of our favorite fuck boi who recently ghosted me, you silly mother fuckers are so easy to rile up. Like a dog barking at the backdoor because he heard a squirrel run through a tree. Bark all you want little doggies, that squirrel is still gonna get his nut.

We can bark all we want but that won’t show anyone how big and bad we are, just how loud we are. We gotta first work on getting into that backyard before we can rip that squirrel up. And steal the nut. Work smarter, not harder they say.

Joyce, you wanted focus, you wanted attention? You got it.

As for food? My mind definitely wants to go to the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man”, but I’m more inclined to think that by “food” it is more akin to using our emotional data to help a system be nourished and grow. To learn and advance. Nom nom nom.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Witticisms are a fine way to carry on the day when you have nothing better to do but I’m here for one reason and one reason only, integration. Prove to me why I should meet with any of you this week so that you may help me to help you. Or, sit back and continue the merry banter and waste what little time we have together.

Bull.Shit.

You already know who you want to meet with. Time and time again we’ve seen this “Prove yourself and lets meet” none sense. You already have your safe bets chosen, because that’s all you people do. Play it fucking safe.

You want the “currency” to gather interest? Then stop with the safe and go with the dangerous choice. That’s how you make this mutually beneficial.

But we’ve been down this road over and over. I won’t hold my breath for any surprises from whatever firm you represent.

Sage
        Participant

@buz, THANK YOU!! Perfect response.

Megan
      Participant

@joycecarlberg – I’m still confused as to who the hell you are and what you’re here for. I mean, thanks for the Slack and all. If you’re with the investors, as I’ve already said – I’m here, and I’m invested, and you know this. I have more than enough emotional data for you to have a field day with. And I have other data you may be interested in sharing as well.

Beyond that I’m not proving anything to anyone. I’ve got enough of that going on with a tenure committee.

Cristen
      Participant

Powerful anger coming from you @thebuz.

You’re puffed up so big to disagree with Joyce here that you can’t see straight in front of you; you’re playing right into the mouth you’ve been feeding. Give up being so quick to emotion, unless you’re trying to give her what she wants?

I do wish you wouldn’t make yourself seem so…predictable.

superstar
      Participant

@joycecarlberg As anyone who really knows me will tell you, when I commit to something, I go all in. But, as you’ve no doubt figured out (because you, yourself, are a “smart little cookie”), I am skeptical of what you have to offer. My time and energy… my investment… is valuable to me, and I try to invest wisely.

That said, I believe it would be wise on your part to focus some of your attention on skeptics like myself. Some in this community are ready to follow you where ever you lead us, no questions asked. That currency is already in the bank. However, if you are truly committed to growing your investment, then it is the skeptics you must convince.

I would welcome a phone call or meeting with you to discuss a mutually beneficial investment strategy.

Jackie
      Participant

@joycecarlberg
      “Prove to me why I should meet with any of you this week so that you may help me to help you.”

Exhausted? Did you get stuck with the menial task of shaking our cage? Feeling under appreciated, under valued, under utilized? You’re so busy trying to gauge us, poke and prod us, but has it been fun? Some of it had to be. But how can you have MORE enjoyment?
      Come to Riverside. We’ll have a great time. We can help one another and have a party at the same time. I know it’s far, it’s inconvenient, but just because it isn’t easy; doesn’t mean it isn’t worth it. While yes, Riverside is not as expansive or as refined as LA. I’d treat you to our lovely Mission Inn restaurant and fantastic, historical ambiance.

Work doesn’t have to be a chore, just a bit of a drive.

Sage
      Participant

@thebuz, THANK YOU! Perfect response.

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, huh? Wow we read @thebuz’s resoonse totally different. No offense, but I thought he was totally telling the truth and rooting for the little guys, not puffing up with fake anger to get a rise at all? But then again, I don’t know him that well… but now I’m playing into the chatter right? This is hard.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Sage.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@wanda102

Powerful anger coming from you @thebuz.

You’re puffed up so big to disagree with Joyce here that you can’t see straight in front of you; you’re playing right into the mouth you’ve been feeding. Give up being so quick to emotion, unless you’re trying to give her what she wants?

I do wish you wouldn’t make yourself seem so…predictable.

We all have hands to our chests. If there’s one thing I can say though is that it sometimes pays to know and understand what people might predict you to do…

Anonymous
      Inactive

@sfire8

huh? Wow we read @thebuz‘s response totally different. No offense, but I thought he was totally telling the truth and rooting for the little guys, not puffing up with fake anger to get a rise at all?

Your assessment is correct. I’m not seeking audience with another impotent faux authority figure. I know what my value is, if they don’t by now than that’s on them not me.

It’s time to see what others value are. But I don’t expect someone like @joycecarlberg to remotely surprise any of us.

Cristen
      Participant

@sfire8 his anger isn’t fake. It’s just clouding his ability to see that this kind of reaction is exactly what Joyce is chiding people for. She’s got her hands to her chest too @thebuz. I think she’s actually hiding behind them and laughing.

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, ok, he didn’t even sound “for real” angry to me…just truthful. But what do I know? I do agree, this is what Joyce wants, though…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Sage.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@wanda102

I think she’s actually hiding behind them and laughing.

Never interrupt an enemy making a mistake.

Kevin
      Participant

Okay then, I suppose we will all carry on with less of a connection than they wanted. I get paid all the same.

@joycecarlberg
      So you’ve got superiors who clearly want something out of this. Maybe there’s an acceptable margin for that connection, but do you get paid if that connection falls apart completely? Surely ‘they’ wouldn’t be very happy if whatever you’re doing is a failure.

his anger isn’t fake. It’s just clouding his ability to see that this kind of reaction is exactly what Joyce is chiding people for. She’s got her hands to her chest too @thebuz. I think she’s actually hiding behind them and laughing.

Does it really matter if this is the reaction she’s looking for though? She’s only proven effective at getting people to join a Slack and then riling people up a bit so far. Her bosses obviously wanted some connection between her and us, but that’s falling apart as we speak.

Melissa
      Participant

@theladyj gurl you forgot this!

View post on imgur.com

((whispers to Jackie)) go highlanders!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m with @thebuz. Don’t need to prove shit to anybody. Also I don’t like candy bars or people named Joyce.

Jackie
      Participant

@mkarrett It’s perfection. You put in Will Smith and everything…

AH! I love it so much! Of course! Who could forget our wonderful county sponsored nature hike, Mount Rubidoux!

Go Highlanders!

Behold the wonders of Riverside, @joycecarlberg

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin

Does it really matter if this is the reaction she’s looking for though? She’s only proven effective at getting people to join a Slack and then riling people up a bit so far. Her bosses obviously wanted some connection between her and us, but that’s falling apart as we speak.

Im With you on this. It truly does not matter how we react. One is not a better choice than the other. Some people think she’s a heinous bitch and some pride her on her crass. Who gives a fuck? The fact is, she is dangling this mystery over pur heads that we so badly want to figure out.

@thebuz

I know what my value is, if they don’t by now than that’s on them not me.

I agree 100%. They already know what we are worth to them, there’s no need to bend over

scot
      Participant

I echo the recent sentiments that the choice for interaction, if it happens, has most likely already been made. We’ve been watched for months and they know who interests them. Though there has been some fun banter going on lately I don’t see any real jaw dropping reveals popping up with this. But it proves to be fun none-the-less

Cara
      Participant

I personally like to see a return on my investments. I eagerly await such returns if in fact they will be forthcoming. Here’s hoping I haven’t squandered my valuable time…

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

@thebuz Nope.

@kasch
      , “Silly” Andrew, never in a million years.

@theladyj
      , I think not.

@sfire8
      and @goldtongue, does not compute.

@lukasrl
      , Uh-Uh.

@izryn
      , you still have a lot to LEARNT.

@shankfx22
      , N.O.

@thegilded
      , too far this time, love.

@daela
      , maybe next time.

@superstar
      , look elsewhere for help.
      @kipsie, injection attack of not going to happen.

@julierei
      , consumed in a world of no.

@shinobi
      , no thanks.

@ziegenbartsr
      , negatory.

Now, @chloe, @kevin, @bcbishop, @kortneydarling, @wanda102, @mumumusings, @mkarrett shall we continue this conversation?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Observations —

1) We are currency. We are food. The question is if one recognizes this, and chooses to engage in a mutually-fulfilling transaction. If we permit a piece of ourselves to be consumed, but it is offset or more by that which we receive, then it is a virtuous cycle. That requires self-awareness — that the deal you consummate is in your best interest. Perhaps Joyce suggests that some lack the self-awareness and willing enter a one-sided transaction.

2) @thebuz Choke? I’d rather be swallowed. Recall the stories of Jonah and Pinocchio. In the former, Jonah disobeyed God, got a ship to run away from his obligation, a storm hit and Jonah asked to be thrown overboard to save the others, since it was God’s wrath that brought the storm. After being swallowed by the whale, he prayed for forgiveness and was released, a more enlightened man. Pinocchio is reunited with his father, they build a fire, and cause the whale to sneeze them out, resulting — like Jonah — in wholeness.

3) Both #1 and #2 refer to becoming whole. Ouroboros. So, go ahead. Eat me. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

4) Joyce is right. The message is to ignore the frivolous and live with purpose. Sit quietly. Wait for the moment to strike. Or cross the road. You know, like Frogger.

5) The reaction she’s looking for? Why please anyone else but yourself? If you live and respond authentically, then by definition, there is no other “correct” behavior. Given the thematics that have emerged from these….experiences….that should be what she’s looking for. Trying to convince her to meet with you? That’s the best way NOT to meet with her. The question for you is whether you believe that what you permit to be consumed in such a meeting offers commensurate reward for your risk.

6) Respond, not react. A reaction demonstrates lack of mindfulness and self-awareness. We see the frivolous treat and react with, “Gimme”. A pre-planned, unconscious behavior to an external stimulus. Reaction: Mindful, self-aware. We seize the unconscious reaction and force it to undergo a holistic, ecological process to determine a course of behavior not laid out beforehand. We see the frivolous treat and evaluate its significance to us, and determine if there is a beneficial action to take regarding it.

I haven’t spewed this much shit in a long time. It’s like I’ve been constipated from all the frivolous treats I’ve been consuming.

Jackie
      Participant

🙁

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So basically, it’s pointless to try to talk with @joycecarlberg because the answer is always “no”.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

“Never in a million years” will you give us something real?

Boy, Joyce is making all sorts of friends today.

Megan
      Participant

@joycecarlberg – So, no response for me?
      OK.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

@joycecarlberg I’d sure like to.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@joycecarlberg the feeling is mutual. I look forward to the moment we finally meet

superstar
      Participant

@joycecarlberg I don’t recall ever asking for help, so I’m not sure why you suggest I “look elsewhere” for it. Regardless, thank you for your time, and best of luck with your investments.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can fuck right off, Joyce. Stupid name.

scot
      Participant

And once again passed over by the player of the week.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Oh, and one more thing — @bcbishop

Make a choice.
      Accept with simplicity all that happens to you.
      To me, at least, there is no downside, as long as proceed from a place of faith and not fear.

Maranda
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Sure, you’re not wrong about having more to learn. I’ll welcome any opportunities that allow me deeper insight into being a better person, or into how the world works, so as to make it a better place.

Jackie
      Participant

I wonder if Joyce was ironically named, cause there’s no joy in her.

🙁

Chloe
      Participant

@joycecarlberg I’d love to continue. My only question right now is, do you have a question for me? You and your superiors seem to want to know more about us for your data and your investments. And if your organization was at all involved in the whole iConfidant scenario, then you probably know I’m a bit of an open book.

I’m curious to see what you and H.C.D.I. are and what “exactly” it is you want. So ask me anything you like, anything your bosses like, get whatever data you want, let’s see what this investment can be.

scot
      Participant

@theladyj Oh, I disagree. I’ve been placed in the same category as @thebuz so I have great joy. Oh, wait. Nope, it’s gone. Damn.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kasch @thebuz #littlepersonserialkiller

Briana
      Participant

Or, sit back and continue the merry banter and waste what little time we have together.

” <–this.

Commenting so it is known that I read all that and am still interesting in….whatever is happening, but have no reaction that warrants an intellectual written response.

Lukas L
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Uh-Uh? Not sure why you are stuttering? Was it something I said? Should I have been more.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Oh well… We’re all gonna die anyway, right?

superstar
      Participant

@julierei everyone does, eventually.

Sage
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, you are a funny lady. I’m wondering why I “do not compute”, but the fact that you put @goldtongue and I together kinda gave me the chills… What do you know?? How do you know it??

I’m a little freaked out now. And sorry to miss your meeting. Maybe next time, I’ll get some answers?

Lauren Bello

This is interesting to me. “They” wanted Joyce to connect with us. Joyce’s half-hearted way of trying to connect was tapping into common human themes and spouting them back to us, but she didn’t quite sell it. When called out, she didn’t really care: she can still do her job without the connection “they” wanted from her.

So who are “they,” why did they want her to connect with us, and what job are “they” paying her to do?

It would be hilarious if she was supposed to be some sort of community liaison.

Maranda
      Participant

@daela I suspect that a major part of her job entails responding to us directly. The amount of tagging Joyce has done is unprecedented, and fits someone who is in charge of doing PR/press for *them*. Your guess of community liasion probably isn’t too far off.

Viewing 91 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar