Image from Aleister to Bryan

This topic has 32 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by Mystic.

• Author
       Sean

Aleister just posted this on Facebook, tagging Bryan

To Bryan

Mike
      Participant

Ohhhh maaannnnnn!

Kyle Bown
      Participant

The book!

Missed opportunities. They’re rubbing it in…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Whooaaaa

Addison
      Participant

“I’m already dead”

Noah = Aleister??

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Guessing that’s the book @bcbishop was being asked about by Darren…

Sean

Guess that’s a note for all of us going forward, Egyptian symbols seem to be somewhat important going forward. Keep an eye out for some at any possible event you attend.

Jeremy
      Participant

Who is Aleister?

Nosnevets
      Participant

Ankh, eye, pyramid… possible man in pyramid… yeah Darren “Illuminati” gotcha. Toward Bryan and his SXSW thing just posted where he mentioned that as well.

Sean

@jay956 Aleister Gordon was an account that was used intermittently throughout Tension. It was a sort of secondary account that some people spoke with and was used to sometimes deliver hints and clues to us that wouldn’t be done through the main Tension account

Cristen
      Participant

Let’s see if I can do photos on here. It might not be anything but everything is something, right? Aleister Crowley was known to wear an Eye of Horus within a pyramid surrounded by a sunburst as ceremonial attire for The Golden Dawn.

Crowley

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sick burn on fb, @bcbishop. Sick burn.

Candace
      Participant

On Facebook? Did he take it down already cause I don’t see it on there. Good catch..wow..

Sean

@pandace88 – On second viewing, looks like it was posted to The Lust main FB page.

Perhaps I was mistaken on its source.

Blondie
      Participant

@thegilded Quite common for Aleister to post the same thing as the main Facebook account so could be that it was originally on Gordon’s account but got deleted (which seems to be a new trend with social media posts…)

Cristen
      Participant

Something else here. The symbols on the book: eye, breadcone (the pyramid), ankh… a rough translation, and please forgive a poor grasp of typing Egyptian phoenetics, would be “ir-di-nh” or “to make to give life.”

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

It was suggested to me by someone who is a student of Egyptian history that the symbols on the spine represent. As quoted by her:

“That is a bad omen – it’s Irkmunuk – black death – disease. Could also mean something dying on stone, or by fire. But yes, as a whole. It’s not a word, it’s a concept. google Ir, Kemet, Ankh if you want to break it down. What is important is the the kemet is to the left of the ankh.”

Max Z
        Participant

@meghanmayhem Wow that’s awesome, you have some valuable sources on your team! I had no idea any of that is even how Egyptian hieroglyphs (if they even count as hieroglyphs) worked. I think @thegilded is right on when he suggests that Egyptian symbols or something we’re gonna be seeing a lot more of in the future. Keep your Egyptologist friend on standby!

Candace
      Participant

Book??

Tom Hite
      Participant

Is the word “motel” written on the sheet there along the fold? It looks like sharpie – it’s weird, though, right?

Also, images seem to be the Eye of Horace, an Ankh, and… well, a triangle. Each of these have a meaning in isolation, but I don’t know the significance of them when placed in that particular arrangement… I will defer to the expertise of Meghan’s Egyptologist friend, though.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

More input from sources:

“Is there anything masonic involved in the game? Because Thelema repurposed a lot of egyptian symbolism as well.
      Among the Egyptians, the darkness through which the candidate for initiation was made to pass was symbolized by the trowel, an important Masonic implement, which, in their system of hieroglyphics, has the form of a triangle. The equilateral triangle they considered as the most perfect of figures, and a representative of the great principle of animated existence, each of its sides referring to one of the three departments of creation, the animal, vegetable, and mineral.”

Not a crazy theory, a “perfect self”

Cristen
      Participant

I would also defer to @meghanmayhem’s colleague before any of my cobbled together research. Go to!

Mike
      Participant

@meghanmayhem wrote

“That is a bad omen – it’s Irkmunuk – black death – disease. Could also mean something dying on stone, or by fire.

Maybe the compound because it was torched to the ground? Who/what/when is the Phoenix and when will he/she/it rise?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Crowley was a very known cult leader, disciple of the occult, practician of magick. Not the account, the real man. Upon googling him you will find he did tons of occult rituals near or in the pyramids of Egypt. He also founded Thelema in which he “was the prophet that would guide humanity into the aeon of horus”.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike Rebirth by fire?
      “This fire does not burn what we are, but simply all that we are not”

Again, the translation is not a promised answer. It’s a suggestion of interpretation. Several of the people I asked seem to be struggling with the meaning behind that particular triangle.
      The thing everyone seems to agree on is this:

“Egyptians believed that one’s earthly journey was only part of an eternal life, the ankh symbolizes both mortal existence and the afterlife. The eye above the other two can mean it’s “watching over” whatever is below it, whatever it transpiring and transitioning.”

Sage
      Participant

@meghanmayhem, awesome job!

Sothic Triangle

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Thanks!
      Reading up on the Sothic Triangle is really quite interesting!

Sage
      Participant

Okay, so now this is getting super “new agey”, but I found something that links the Sothic Triangle (which is the hieroglyph for the constellation Sirius and symbol of eternal light) to Aleister Crowley, the eye of Horus, and the word PHOENIX (also symbol of constellation Sirus and secret password for the Freemasons as well). And tantric sex.

http://www.magia-metachemica.net/uploads/1/0/6/2/10624795/grant_kenneth_-_magical_revival.pdf

Craig Schaefer
        Participant

Okay, so now this is getting super “new agey”, but I found something that links the Sothic Triangle (which is the hieroglyph for the constellation Sirius and symbol of eternal light) to Aleister Crowley, the eye of Horus, and the word PHOENIX (also symbol of constellation Sirus and secret password for the Freemasons as well). And tantric sex.

@sfire8
        , it’s worth considering that “super new agey” could be the point. I mean, it’s Noah. Dude is arguably not a master of occult wisdom. He’s exactly the kind of huckster who thrives on throwing out a handful of mystic symbols, letting us dive into rabbit holes of our own creation, and find our own esoteric truths — truths he can sit back and take credit for. It’s one of the oldest grifts in the book, the wise master who lets his students do all the work.

Sage
      Participant

Since DLB said LUST was about sex, I’m feeling like Noah (and his quantum physics/Egyptian philosophy) might possibly try to achieve enlightenment/power though sex/sexual energy…it all seems related.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sage.
       thehazelverse
      Participant

Honestly, that sounds like a much better direction than the biblical approach.

John
      Participant

@sfire8 Aleister Crowley. Now you have piqued my interest. The black mass would be an excellent tie into the OOA. I think DLB mentioned that LUST was going to be about Sex – Dark and nefarious!

Mystic
      Participant

Late to the “game” here, but @meghanmayhem were did your friend get “kemet” from this? The symbols appear to be “ir-di-ankh” the second one being.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread-cone_(hieroglyph). di-ankh is commonly seen together and usually means: “gives life”. Ir is an eye and means “to see” or something like that depending on context.

I could be completely wrong here given that it could be a complete word (and not three separate words).

Kemet means black (km) but could also just mean Egypt (km.t) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Km_(hieroglyph)

Viewing 30 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar