iConfidant pairing has begun!

This topic has 68 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Jackie.

• Author
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just received this email from Stacey.

Hello,

I am very excited to inform you that we have begun the pairing process between you and your iConfidant. All correspondence with your iConfidant will come through our secure iConfidant email servers. It is paramount that when responding to your new iConfidant match you always reply to the thread and do not start a chain of new emails. Once a relationship is formed, and a level of trust is earned, your iConfidant may offer you a personal email account to correspond through. Please understand that it is up to each individual iConfidant if they choose to provide you with a personal email address, or continue to communicate through the iConfidant-provided address.

Now I realize and hope that this is as exciting to you as it is to us but that being said please be patient and don’t be upset if your pairing process takes a little longer than one of your friend’s. The sheer volume of valuable information we are dealing with here is exhilarating but also takes time to go through. To us here at iConfidant it is absolutely critical that we find the right match for each and every one of you. I can assure you that we won’t disappoint. In the meantime, I am here if you need me and …

With love,

Stacey Erikson
      iConfidant.net
      President of Finding Your New and Happier Future

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

That wording is sus AF.
      That who we’re paired with is not said to be another person, that we are not all referred to as iConfidants, but that we will each get our own iconfidant.

This ain’t people, you guys.

Watch your step.

Michelle
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop Merged topics Bryan! Brad beat you to it.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Anyone else get a little laugh that the correspondence has to go through “our secure iConfidant email servers”, given the email server troubles they had regarding @kasch?

Chris
      Participant

“The sheer volume of valuable information we are dealing with here is exhilarating…”

More sinister than anything Sarah has ever said.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

They will either be blind date type setups through their email system using us as pairs or it’s going to be some kind of AI that corresponds with us to gage our reactions and log our information to then be used against us in some way…

Lukas L
      Participant

This sould be interesting. I got that email too except I told stacy I didn’t need an iConfidant, and I was kinda a creep to her. Makes me a tad nervious.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

This feels kinda weird..I mean, trying to create some sort of ideal unique and personal companion for every single person who’s a part of the beta?

I’m not getting a good vibe out of this.

Winston Smith
      Participant

Me too. I guess we all get our special new buddies real soon now. These iConfidants better not be goddamned AOLiza bots.

Jackie
      Participant

We have to see if we’re paired with each other. If not, and there’s no matches, then like @meghanmayhem says, “this ain’t people”.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@theladyj that statement deserves a poster hahaha

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Personally, I’m quite looking forward to seeing what kind of relationship I can build with my iConfidant. The possibility of moving the conversation to a private email address is even more intriguing.

Just one thing gives me pause: isn’t “exhilarating” an odd way to describe an overwhelming data throughput issue? Unless one was excited at the prospect of collecting said data, of course.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bcbishop someone is definitely excited to collect all of the data lol

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Good luck to everyone and their matches.

So bummed Noah fucked this one up for me. I would advise that everyone going through this program keep heavy tabs on their correspondances.

Jackie
      Participant

Also:
      It is paramount that when responding to your new iConfidant match you always reply to the thread and do not start a chain of new emails.

1) yes polite. 2) robits! To avoid a cataclysm of unorganized data so said robits you’re personally training, can process things in a sequential way.

Chris
      Participant

WTF . Where are they getting the “sheer volume of valuable information”, and why is it exhilarating?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I mean, a scientist having a lot of data for their research isn’t inherently sketchy, but given the suspicions of info phishing it def is alarming. I know if I was testing a new product I’d be overjoyed to have a large userbase to get test results from. But yeeeeeeeah, something’s a bit off.

I still welcome our new AI overlords.

Jackie
      Participant

@shankfx22/@meghanmayhem
      Hella. When I get off work in the morning.

Candace
      Participant

In the meantime, I am here if you need me and …

What’s with the … ??

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m excited. Maybe they cloned Sa… nope, still can’t say it.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Seems like she was cut off in the middle of the e-mail.

Her radio silence to e-mails and social media makes me wonder if that was even her that wrote this.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kasch that’s an interesting theory to the way that email abruptly ended. I thought it was deliberately done to have you wonder what else she is here to help us with, but now you have my brain wondering something different sinulataneously lol

Chloe
      Participant

So excited to get my robot new robot buddy! ? robot

Shaun
      Participant

@maddyxxx did the … a lot in his flow machines post didn’t he?

Jackie
      Participant

WAIT.
      This gets dropped the same day Sarah fears for her and her son’s life?
      Whom ever is pulling the strings is distracting us with our own selfish storylines! Why worry about HER when we’ve got our perfect person?!

@kasch
      @lilmsfancpants
      Ya’ll might be the heroes of the Sinclair storyline!

Maranda
      Participant

@kasch Security details say the email was indeed sent from iconfidant.net. Email spoofing is a thing, but how far can spoofing go?

It also seems strange if Stacey was actually cut off by mistake to have the ellipses there. That makes me think the ending was deliberate.

GoldTongue
      Participant

The level of paranoia in here is annoying. Stacy is providing a new service. The simple request of keeping correspondence to a single thread is logical and practical. I have no doubt that everything will be secure.

Also, again with the robots? People, this is real life. Not an Isaac Asimov novel. Yeesh.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Hey @goldtongue, that’s something a robot would say! Have something to tell us?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think we may actually end up secretly talking with each other.

Which could be hilarious and awesome.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Received the email. My input: Did anyone else notice that the last sentence cuts off with “and…”? It could be just me though

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just got my email as well! Seems that everyone got the same one. The … is definitely SUS

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@thebuz That would be absolutely hilarious, but we’d pick up on it fairly quickly right? Like when we’d say our full names?

WAIT WHAT IF WE GET PAIRED UP WITH AN AI VERSION OF ANOTHER PERSON

Tim Redman
      Participant

@shinobi If you can’t ask for Sadie, how are you going to get your Sadie?

I don’t think she was cut off. When people get off do they usually have time to add … ?

I don’t see anything wrong here. This is all going to work out great.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I had the same thought @buz, but I find the personal email offer being one sided interesting and a little informative. Makes me feel like it’s almost certain that our new friends are not going to be other Lusters.

@timsmyname
      It’s like Holy Grail. “If he was dying he wouldn’t bother to carve Agghhh.”

Keeping it in one chain I find less suspicious than others. I have issues when someone starts a new chain needlessly. It makes it harder to find information and clogs my inbox.

How many people do we think are in the beta? 96 people have liked their Facebook page. So is that the floor or the ceiling?

111error
      Participant

@goldtongue You did see what happened yesterday, right? Especially the phone call of endless sobbing and then an apology for me being used in some way?

This isn’t Disneyland, suspicion is warranted.

Shaun
      Participant

@bruinbown I wouldn’t be so concerned about the one sided email address hiding because I think they’ll be routing our emails to our iConfidant the same way we are receiving them (ie anonymized)

Kyle Bown
      Participant

@shaun Yes. But they aren’t giving us the option to share our email with our iCinfidant, just that our iConfidant may be willing to share with us.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Did I mention I’m excited about my new personal hand-holding service? I already have 96 people signed up and can’t start waiting to get to know each and everyone of them is DEEP INTIMATE DETAIL.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@timsmyname You just confused the shit out of me.

Jeremy
      Participant

I’m excited to start a relationship with my iConfidant.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is anyone else thinking this may turn into a friendship cube situation? Cause I’m getting friendship cube vibes…

Shaun
      Participant

@bruinbown ah got it. That is a bit strange eh? If we never get that offer ourselves then we aren’t confidants for others.

Melissa
      Participant

Woo! I got the same email! I’m excited about this! ?

Tim Redman
      Participant

@shinobi let me know when any of this makes sense 🙂

111error
      Participant

@birdiesrunamok “We hope you enjoyed this test. Please deposit your weighted companion iConfidant into the incinerator.”

Megan
      Participant

Got mine too…excited for this next step!

Gary Price
      Participant

Excited to talk to my confidant, robot or not ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Gary Price.
       GoldTongue
      Participant

@nothenrygale I’m not a robot. I’m just a dude who needs help in al aspects of his life. If Noah and sweet Sarah Sinclair can’t help me I’m hoping Stacey can!

I have faith in humanity.

Brian E
      Participant

I got this email today too, I’m looking forward to seeing how all this plays out, and looking forward to seeing were the rabbit hole leads. I do like the fact that it’s a secure email chain, that’s a smart idea, perhaps this is due to @kasch own interaction, it’ll be interesting to see where this goes.

Still waiting to see what everyones Iconfidant pictures are as well.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@mistere I actually replied to my email asking about the secure server. As someone who’s had their identity stolen once, I’d like to not have it happen again!

Daniel
      Participant

I got the email as well but I’m gonna give Stacy the benefit of the doubt. If she breaks my heart with a robot dude I will scream though

Alecia Steiner
      Participant

I got the email too. I asked Stacey what else she’s here for. Curious about the “and…” Definitely excited for whatever awaits!

scot
      Participant

Got my email. Looking forward to having some conversations.

Jackie
      Participant
       Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

So yeah guys… I’m gonna try a different approach this time… Instead of not trusting anything or anyone… I’m gonna give some trust in this iConfidant business.

I’m gonna go prepare myself for the shitstorm and inevitable betrayal

Amber Ballesteros
      Participant

Excited to get this party started!

Lenize
      Participant

I also got the email! Looking forward to starting to get to know my iConfidant! I’m sure we’ll have a lot to talk about (hopefully). With 2 public holidays (today and monday) my long weekend has just started and I’m already bored and have nothing to do for most of it!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@theladyj That is perfect!! <3

Brian E
      Participant

@nothenrygale I agree you need to be careful. I think the idea is one email chain is so someone can’t highjack it, (Noah Sinclair) and say they are your Iconfidant. I’m really curious to see where this is going to lead.

Best,
      Brian

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@mistere So do you think my iConfidant email could be someone pretending to be mine? It would explain why mine is actually human sounding and a full email rather than the one sentence / random question most seem to have gotten.

Brian E
        Participant

Can you post your email? I’m not sure, maybe a little background would help too. I got the same question email everyone else got, where we sent a picture, and the recent response email that everyone else got.

Even though I’ve reached out directly to Stacey, I’ve never heard back, and only get the emails that the group is getting at this time.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Got it! Hallelujah.

“What’s up?” #1005

My iconfidant is obviously a young hip dude. He’s going to hate me.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Time to start emailing all your personal secrets to your diary confidant!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Finally received mine. Just a “Hello Lexi” and my number 3390

Michelle
      Participant

Quick q for everyone
      Was the “and” at the end of the email, intentional or unintentional?

Jackie
      Participant

@warrior
      No one knows. There are so few actual answers.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Just received the below about my iConfidant “pairing process.”

Hello,

I am very excited to inform you that we have begun the pairing process between you and your iConfidant. All correspondence with your iConfidant will come through our secure iConfidant email servers. It is paramount that when responding to your new iConfidant match you always reply to the thread and do not start a chain of new emails. Once a relationship is formed, and a level of trust is earned, your iConfidant may offer you a personal email account to correspond through. Please understand that it is up to each individual iConfidant if they choose to provide you with a personal email address, or continue to communicate through the iConfidant-provided address.

Now I realize and hope that this is as exciting to you as it is to us but that being said please be patient and don’t be upset if your pairing process takes a little longer than one of your friend’s. The sheer volume of valuable information we are dealing with here is exhilarating but also takes time to go through. To us here at iConfidant it is absolutely critical that we find the right match for each and every one of you. I can assure you that we won’t disappoint. In the meantime, I am here if you need me and …

With love,

Stacey Erikson
      iConfidant.net
      President of Finding Your New and Happier Future

UPDATE: Just saw that @nothenrygale posted. @thebuz, feel free to merge or delete this one!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Bryan Bishop.
Viewing 65 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar