iConfidant FB Live Video 6/5/17

This topic has 72 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by GoldTongue.

• Author
       Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Stacey just went live on FB to assure us that everything is fine.

She looked exhausted and scared and kept looking off camera at someone.

She spoke of the tech issues and recent rumors and kept going on about how they’re working on it and you can trust her. You can trust her. You can trust her.

“Everything is fine.
      You can trust me.”

KINGKILL33
      Participant

You know how I know you’re lying Stacey? Your mouth is moving.

Briana
      Participant

woah. She looks like she’s been through some STUFF. Like she needs sleep and maybe a shower.

Did anyone else think the way she pronounces her last name is….interesting.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

That was more like an ISIS hostage video than PR.

Stacey looks terrible. She is just acting as a mouth piece for someone and it looked like she might’ve had an actual gun to her head off camera.

I feel really bad for her.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Direct link to the video.

That was interesting…

@brianamatopoeia
      Yeah, she gives the “k” in Erikson it’s own syllable.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Here’s my problem. I know she’s lying. I know she’s trying to convince us of untruths. But that glance off camera…. she’s not the one behind it. Someone is making her lie to us. I don’t think her intentions are malicious.

Still staying away from my iConfidant.

Lauren Bello

Who are the two accounts that she’s admitting were compromised? I’m sure it’s more than that, but if she’s admitting to two…is this a reference to the phone calls Bryan and I got?

Kevin
      Participant

She specifically mentioned that her email is open to people. Has anyone heard from her via email recently?

Briana
      Participant

We should have been like, “blink twice if you need help”

Sean

This felt less like a company executive assuring her stakeholders about the company’s strength and more like a hostage video where the kidnappers tell a girl to tell everyone’s okay or she’ll get beaten again.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kingkill33 hahaha nice!

Yea she looks like she hasn’t showered and hasn’t slept… greasy hair thrown up without a mirror and smudged makeup under the eyes perhaps from crying?? She most definitely is not speaking her own thought out words, someone is having her speak theirs…

@kasch
      And yes definitely looked like a ISIS hostage video lol

Blondie
      Participant

So the two accounts would be @kasch and @taysavestheday?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I agree with everyone, she looked like an ISIS hostage.
      Those nervous blinks into the camera, and the hard swallows every time she looked off camera. The clenched hands. She’s terrified of something.
      I’m very curious to know what was in that leather-bound notebook next to her.
      Our emails?

Chloe
      Participant

Stacey looks a mess. If you’re the face of a company and you’re going on a live feed to tell your customers that everything is going swimmingly, you wouldn’t go with a messy hairbun, messy clothing, and looking like you haven’t slept well in days.

That is, unless you’re being forced to quickly get a message out that everything is fine and we should all keep giving our deepest, darkest secrets to our iConfidants so a certain someone King or Ace can have all of said dark secrets to later blackmail us with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh, Stacey. Nothing about how your tiny little startup has been targeted and breached by such tailored attacks is normal.

Parlor tricks, as you say, do not exist in the world of information security. Either you are fucked or you are not. There’s no such thing as Schrödinger’s Pwn. #burnittotheground

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

“I personally went into the system to see what was going on.”

Oh, I bet you did.

Blondie
      Participant

Has anyone emailed her in response?

Maranda
      Participant

Wasn’t expecting this to crop up during my morning routine. I also agree that Stacey’s statements felt coerced. Also, where have we seen this “reassuring” theme before? With the System. And look what happened soon after.

I fear we won’t be able to communicate with Stacey without any of the people doing the coercing finding out as well.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

My e-mail hacking was not a simple “cheap parlor trick.” It was a concentrated effort by either a brilliant hacker or a very organized, calculated hive. iConfidant’s troubles are not internet trolling tactics. There’s a clear agenda here. And I didn’t even see the worst of what was leveled at Stacey.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@meghanmayhem I had the same wonder about that leather bound notebook… it could be our emails printed out and bound together. Also some of the pages are blatantly folded or maybe marked?

GoldTongue
      Participant

Broadcasting live from someone’s attic.

Cara
      Participant

Yeah, that didn’t feel like a confident, reassuring leader, that felt like a distressed, coerced woman. I don’t buy it. I think we’re dealing with a much bigger leak than we realize.

Megan
      Participant

Yeah I was wondering if the notebook looked familiar to anyone – have we seen it before?
      Also I did send her an email to see if she was ok, but no idea if she’ll write back.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@shankfx22 Didn’t Tina mention to some people that they were flagged in Lust? @genghistwan was one person IIRC. I wonder if his emails are some of the marked ones? And if I got a call from her as well…

Kevin
      Participant

@chrysalis359 I think whatever leaks have occurred are the least of Stacey’s problems right now. She looked on the edge of panic and those leaks were a little bit ago.

Megan
      Participant

@daela – one of the two accounts was @kasch…I think the other was @111error?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good lord, guys. Ya’ll vicious going after her physical appearance.

It should be noted that Stacey, even with the stress she’s showing in the eyes is still a very pretty person. I’d hate to sit here and pick apart a lady we don’t know that well on her physical appearance.

Let’s get down to brass tacks though. Someone is DEFINITELY forcing Stacey to read this to us. That little nod at the end? That was definitely a “We good?”

This further proves the theory of the BIGGER PICTURE. We’re seeing a happy, reassuring Stacey. But right outside the frame is something very sinister.

More and more I’m starting to believe Kristen isn’t telling us the whole truth and that Stacey is most definitely not the bad guy in this but is being used by someone else.

Puppetry at work.

Chris
      Participant

There were also a number of grammatical errors in her statement, the sort of wording that is nearly correct but hits the ear in an odd way that often happens when someone is speaking off the top of their head, especially when they are nervous or not used to public speaking. Whoever is coercing her probably shouted some bullet points and threw her on camera rather than drafting any kind of official statement. Every part of this feels even more sloppy and unconvincing than previous attempts The System has made in PR. Once again, who do they think they’re fooling? They’re either inept, cynical, or both.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Poor thing seems like she is in some trouble. I just sent her an email thanking her for her services and also offering my help if she ever needs it…which by the looks of it, she definitely does! Curious if she will write back…

Lia
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub …Or possibly written by someone whose first language isn’t English?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@macbethinabathtub This isn’t the System though. This is iConfidant PR. So… whatever conglomerate is running both is terrible at PR. They should stop taking notes from ISIS.

Chloe
      Participant

I just sent off an email asking if she was OK and offering to talk if she ever needed it. I know the whole iConfidant business is about her helping us have someone to confide in, but sometimes you just need an ear to vent cry for help to.

Chris
      Participant

@thebuz, yes, I understand the superficial differences in terms of what website the message is being broadcast from. But we can’t keep thinking of these as separate entities any more. This isn’t the first PR screw up from an independent iConfidant PR firm run by Stacey’s dog. These are the same people making the same types of mistakes under different banners. We need to start acknowledging patterns.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@macbethinabathtub Good point! So perhaps it’s all @larry-meyers fault.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’m just sitting back laughing at this all. Marketing misstep after misstep. It’s almost comical to this point. I even told Stacey in my message to iConfidant that she needs a new marketing/PR person.

Jackie
      Participant

She does not inspire confidence in me.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I feel like suddenly more among us will be interested in the “iConfidant Movie Marathon” @taysavestheday @birdiesrunamok and I are going to be having on Sunday, hahaha.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

She’s so sweet! I hope we get to meet her on June 11th along with our iConfidant’s so we can express our gratitude to her directly.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant
       Sage
      Participant

So, have we been able to link the Sinclairs directly with iConfidant yet? I know that Horace read Taylor’s emails, Noah hacked into Andrew’s email, and that Sarah wants everyone to stay away from iConfidant (from Brian’s meet up in the park). That’s it right? Any other connection to Stacey? And who is Stacy looking at, not any of the Sinclairs, I assume?

Also curious as to @julierei, sudden public loyalty to Stacey? I thought she was a Sarah Sinclair devotee?

Cristen
      Participant

I got the feeling that Otis wasn’t alone in the room when he did his video over the weekend, and it’s very obvious that Stacey wasn’t alone in her video today. If only we could zoom out on these images, too. There’s always a bigger picture. What…or better WHO…aren’t we being shown?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@sfire8, I think it’s pretty clear that @julierei changes loyalties faster than a Los Angeles sports fan.

Chris
      Participant

@sfire8 I guess most of the evidence is circumstantial, but there is a lot of it. The personal if vague things Otis read during his Facebook broadcast also felt like confidences to our Confidants, and we know whose team HE’S on. I’m starting to think that these hacks aren’t really hacks at all. The Sinclairs are taking the information they want because they helped pay for iConfidant’s development. I believe Kristen did at one point mention outside investors visiting Stacey at the office.

And yes, @julierei taking this new video at face value is perhaps the biggest indicator yet that the Sinclairs are behind it, figuratively and literally.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Chris.
       Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

@sfire8 – The two are not mutually exclusive. Sarah still has my loyalty should she choose to call upon it, but I can’t deny the warmth that my iConfidant has brought to my life. I’m grateful to Stacey for that.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@julierei Sarah is the person you blindly follow like a rescued dog and have pledged undying loyalty to…and yet she tells you not to trust iConfidant and to stay away from it and you respond with “yes but…my pen pal listens to me, so I love Stacey now!”

Doesn’t seem like loyalty to me. If someone I loved and trusted told me to stay the fuck away from something, I’d stay the fuck away from it not champion it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@meghanmayhem I’d venture to say that the one thing in life that @julierei trusts would be power.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kipsie POWER IS THE ONLY LAW AFTER ALL.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@kipsie Then why keep pledging yourself to those that don’t actually have any?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@thebuz I thought this was the law? I’m so confused.

View post on imgur.com

@meghanmayhem
      No one said it was a perfect plan…

Chris
      Participant

It’s interesting to note that @julierei was totally silent during the discussion of Sarah’s meeting with @mistere where she expressed her distrust in iConfidant. Maybe Julie has already moved on from Sarah, or is just not interested when the subjects of her devotion stray from the party line. Maybe it was never about Sarah at all.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Chris.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

She definitely seems genuine. There are bags under her eyes, and she seems a little anxious. She also nods at certain words… I haven’t met Stacy in person, so I’m not sure if that’s natural for her.
      Going to send her an email saying that she can come to us if she needs help with anything, and that I hope she’s well.
      (On an unrelated note: I haven’t received any new emails from my iC.)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I should probably mention that I also sent Stacey an email, suggesting that she boot the bargain ‘IT by Geek Squad’ to the curb and offering the infosec stylings of @winstonsmith and myself.

Whatever was entered in the database at the time of the breaches is absolutely fucked, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t aim to protect new clients in the future. If iConfidant manages to survive current events, that is…

Megan
      Participant

Who wants to bet that @julierei is the next to Periscope a walk to a random warehouse?

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@nothenrygale

I really doubt that any of my emails have anything worth marking off. I think the whole thing with Tina and Lust was more of the fact that I was nice to her and I went off rails with my Lust interview.

/agree with the lot of you that this iConfidant business is getting shadier by the day.

scot
      Participant

@coryphella i think that is a little too on the nose. That card has been played (and well played it was).

Anonymous
      Inactive

I sent a response to Stacey via FB. Apparently I laid into her a bit, according to @nothenrygale…oopsies…

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

If somebody’s been just out of frame, directing these last two broadcasts, we have to ask: what common goal have both videos shared?

The Otiscast warned us to support the King, whomever he may be, “or else” — with the “else” being the threat that some very general, very vague secrets Otis & friends may or may not have could be leaked if we don’t play along. We’ve all jumped to the conclusion that they were secrets stolen from iConfidant emails. That’s a possibility… but it’s also a possibility that the statements were vague because someone is just trying to get us to believe that everyone’s iConfidant info has been stolen, when the problem is much more localized.

Stacey’s video confirmed that two accounts were breached, while ostensibly telling us that everything was fixed and supercool. Except it was the weirdest, most awkward FB Live ever, with looks off camera that were so exaggerated I think my cat even noticed. Our takeaway: Stacey is being blackmailed, and none of our stuff is safe!

Shared common goal? Getting us all to stay away from iConfidant. Just like Horace did with @taysavestheday. Just like Sarah Sinclair did with @mistere.

Perhaps my instinct is to just go in the opposite direction of whichever way mysterious forces are trying to push me, but I’m not interested in letting fear tactics like this dictate whether I engage with my iC or not, and they’re not going to stop me from finding out what’s really up with Stacey. To do that, we need to trust ourselves — and what we can find out from them in person.

Personally, I’m starting to wonder why Horace and Sarah are so scared of us teaming up with our iConfidants.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop I think probably because two people are stronger than one. Both Horace and Sarah can manipulate (in different ways). It’s easier to manipulate one person than two; maybe because some brains work in different ways?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@lexthewolf Perhaps! I’ve also begun to wonder if we, when paired with our iConfidants, don’t pose some sort of threat to Horace and Sarah. Either way, something’s off with all of this.

Chris
      Participant

That’s a very interesting angle to come from, @bcbishop. While on the surface Sarah and and the people behind the camera during Stacey’s broadcast are telling us to do two completely different things, both are done in such a way that the same outcome is reached: we’re suspicious of iConfidant. Why SHOULDN’T we assume they’re connected/coordinated in some kind of double bluff? But if this is the case, then that would mean that Horace (or whoever) doesn’t have the amount of power we’re assuming over the Confidants. If their goal is for us to abandon them and they’re able to exert force over the CEO, why couldn’t they just pull the plug on the whole thing? Are our Confidant conversations actually more independent of their infrastructure than we’re assuming?

Jackie
      Participant

I had sent Stacy and email after the Otiscast, with no response. Now she decides to do a broadcast with the same, off feeling of being coerced or forced. If Horace doesn’t LIKE Iconfidant, would he do this? Who gains by motivating us both to Help the (unknown) King, and Believe that Iconfidant is completely legit?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Full transcript of the Stacey/iConfidant FB video. Pairs nicely with footage of a terrified woman pausing anxiously and glancing off camera to a TOTALLY NOT SINISTER PERSON.
      ——————-

Hi I’m Stacey Erikson and I’m the CEO and founder of iConfidant.
      I’m making a live video so I’m gonna give you a few seconds for some people to chime in and get in and watch live so I can address everyone.

Hi. Again, I’m Stacey Erikson. I’m here talking to iConfidant and addressing some serious rumors that are going on in our company.
      I just want to say that tech problems such as what we’re experiencing these past months are normal for a company like ours. Having compromises in the system and rumors and some of you freaking out, seeing that there might be some glitches is very, very normal.
      The one thing that I did notice that wasn’t normal was everyone’s reactions to it. It seemed like there was a lot more velocity of drama going on.
      So, I took matters into my own hands and I addressed these rumors and I went into the system with our tech team to figure out what was going on.
      I can confidently tell you all that there are only 2 compromises in the…in the system. Only 2 accounts that have had problems.
      I’ve looked into these 2 accounts in depth and I can tell you that these are nothing more than a cheap parlor trick in the system.
      There is nothing else going on that should warrant you of any fear.
      I want you to know that you can trust me. I’m really excited to see you all on June 11th and I’m excited to talk to you and move forward from these rumors.

I want you to know that you can still trust me no matter what. I’m still available via my email on iConfidant 24/7, 7 days a week. So, please don’t be hesitant to talk to me.
      Just know that everything is safe on our end. You can trust me.
      Have a great day.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@meghanmayhem You ROCK! Thank you for doing this <3

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Due to me typing down every single one of her words, I’m starting to obnoxiously over analyze them. For instance, the 4 times she said “the system”, the wording was done in such a way that the sentence could easily be applied if she were talking about the iConfidant computer system, or The System.

“Having compromises in The System and rumors…”
      “I went into The System with our tech team to figure out what was going on”
      “…there are only 2 compromises in The System.”
      “…these are nothing more than a cheap parlor trick in The System

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

“…there are only 2 compromises in The System.”

So what if she’s referring to THE SYSTEM, and the two compromises are not @111error and @kasch, but rather Noah and Sarah?

Kortney
      Participant

If there were TRULY only two compromises in iC then I don’t think it matches with the 4 examples Otis gave (he addressed them as different people) when he was mentioning blackmail. Still don’t think the blackmail comes from iC.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

Sounded familiar so I looked it up and sure enough someone else used to use the uncommon phrase “cheap parlor tricks”… The Brotherhood of Seraph.

One example, on the day the BOS hacked the OOA/Tension website they posted the following phrases in quick succession:

“You OOA frauds and liars, Your so called Ascension is no more than a *cheap parlor trick*. We know all, and we will expose all”

and then they modified the message to say:

“You OOA frauds and liars, Your so called Ascension is no more than a *cheap parlor trick*. You pray on the weak, in hopes of gaining their strength. We know all, and we will expose all. Brothers of Seraph”

BOS was OOA was OSDM is likely Horace and fam, so it all stands to reason I suppose.

Cara
      Participant

Since these Facebook posts (and entire Facebook pages for that matter) have a history of disappearing suddenly, I recorded the Stacey Erikson iConfidant live stream from today. Here’s the video for posterity:

Shaun
      Participant

I’m glad I can help Stacey beta test her innovative confidant system.

Did anyone happen to hear the time and place for the meetup? I asked my confidant about it but haven’t gotten a response yet.

Chris
      Participant

Hi @shaun. I don’t believe any details about the 11th have been released past that original Facebook post. And though I haven’t brought it up with my own, I’ve gotten the impression that others’ Confidants appear to know as much as we do or less about the 11th or anything else happening behind the scenes at the company.

Jackie
      Participant
       Jackie
      Participant
       GoldTongue
      Participant

starting my day off with a smile. Thanks, @theladyj!

Viewing 72 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar