Henry Williams?

This topic has 36 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by scot.

• Author
       Chloe
      Participant

Guys…I think my IConfidant made a Facebook account…

I just got a friend request from a Henry Williams, and the last conversation I had with my IConfidant was “him” asking what my favorite Disney story was. I told “him” Beauty and the Beast, because I loved that it was two outcasts coming together and falling in love. Want to know what Henry’s profile and cover pic’s are?

Henry Williams

Henry Williams

A giant heart bouquet and a picture of an angel and a demon embracing. Pretty B&B if you ask me. He also has an about message that says “if you ask me what would you like me to say”. I haven’t accepted it yet because this could all just be a big coincidence and I could be friending a complete stranger, so I wanted to know what everyone else thought.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Chloe.
       scot
      Participant

If it’s in game I think it’s awesome! I wonder if you could reach out to your iConfidant and set up some kind of code to verify situations like this. I just got an email from mine and I’ll include that suggestion in my response.

Kortney
      Participant

How many friends do they have? I’d assume little/none if they are your iConfidant

Chloe
      Participant

He doesn’t have any, no about me info either. It’s just the cover photo, the profile photo, the name, and his gender.

Chloe
      Participant

@kortneydarling He doesn’t have any, no about me info either, except that message I mentioned. It’s just the cover photo, the profile photo, the name, and his gender.

Max Z
      Participant

I’m not an expert but I think the only reason Actual Spam accounts add people is to have a larger audience for posting their spammy links and such. That is to say, I don’t think much harm could come off adding a spam account as long as you don’t follow any link they post or send you blindly. I have my doubts that this is IG, but it is a strange enough coincidence that it might not be too harmful to you to just add the account just in case. Maybe google that first to see if I’m wrong though.

Chloe
      Participant

@maxzumstein you’re right about the spam accounts. It’s just such a coincidence that I’m really reluctant to decline it. I’ll think on it a while, maybe I’ll send my IConfidant an email and ask them directly.

Max Z
      Participant

@chloe

maybe I’ll send my IConfidant an email and ask them directly.

Oh! I think this is definitely the best idea. I totally didn’t think of that option.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@chloe Isn’t that profile photo a funeral wreath? So odd.

Chloe
      Participant

@electrichippo, it kindof looks like one, but it looks like it could be something in a store as well. Can anyone make out what the counter and/or wall says in the lower right?

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@chloe A reverse image search of the heart shaped flower wreath results in pages of hits for that exact photo. This suggests Henry didn’t take that photo so it might not be overly significant. Did you end up accepting his friend request? That might be the fastest way to get to the bottom of this. If it’s just spam you can always unfriend him again.

Alyssa
      Participant

Could be a funeral bouquet but I think more likely something from a tacky wedding. If this profile/request isn’t part of the game, that’s a pretty strong coincidence!

Chloe
      Participant

I think I probably will @electrichippo. I was just worried about a possible virus from a link or cloning my account. But, I guess as long as I don’t follow any links he sends or has until I’m 100% sure he’s IG, I should be safe.

Chloe
      Participant

His posts also say they were made yesterday, I sent my IConfidant their e-mail back on Tuesday, so the timeline fits.

Man, Lust has me paranoid about everything now.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@chloe Does Henry have any other FB friends? Were there posts other than for things such as his profile photo? Yeah, paranoia is a real thing for us all.

Chloe
      Participant

@electrichippo Nope, nothing else except the profile pic, the cover photo, a Bio that says “if you ask me what would you like me to say”, and the only thing in the about me part is his gender.

Chloe
      Participant

OK, I just bit the bullet and accepted the friend request, now we wait and hope it’s not just some weirdo who tries to friend request random women. :/

Here’s the link to his Facebook for later on, just in case this does turn out to be IG.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100016804629155&lst=100006360198432%3A100016804629155%3A1493950965

Chloe
      Participant

And now I’m regretting my decision. Got a message earlier this morning from Henry, “hi pretty how are you.” He may be IG, but I just had red flags going up and I need to trust that right now. I unfriended and blocked him, because I’m not having some stalker or weirdo on my Facebook. And now I’m kindof freaking out and wanting to completely delete my Facebook. Sorry guys.

scot
      Participant

@chloe Would this be an appropriate time to have @thegilded reach out and ask for you? I mean because there is a possibility it could be a real life douchebag?

Chloe
      Participant

I was actually just starting to reach out myself through the Lust gmail, should I have @thegilded ask instead?

scot
      Participant

If I recall correctly, after the whole red door fiasco we were told he could serve as an advocate for us in times where we may feel unsure about it safety in a certain situation. In my opinion I think it’s a far question to ask. If it’s in game it could be really cool and unique for you and we’d all love to hear about you going through that. On the other hand if it’s not and you were to proceed like it was there could be a possibility of dangerous real life consequences and none of us want to hear about you going through that.

I think it’s worth asking him.

scot
      Participant

It’s not like you’d be asking, “Oh, is this a clue, should I go there?’ It’s asking, “Does this path that that I may go down exist within the world that you have created and that I trust and can feel out of game safe (but in game I’m probably fucked.”

Chloe
      Participant

I just sent him a message, guess we’ll learn from there.

scot
      Participant

Yes we will. I don’t want to abuse the system. But there are a lot of things here that make it look like it could be part of the game. If it’s not you had a while lot of coincidences come together atonce.

Chloe
      Participant

Pretty much, it’s a lot of weird coincidences, and I definitely don’t think it’s an abuse of the system. If it’s IG, then it’ll be a cool path to go down. If not, then it’s a question of safety, although I think it’s just some guy trying to pick up girls on Facebook (and essentially online cat calling, ugh), but you can’t take any chances. Like I said, he’s blocked currently so he can’t see me or look me up, and I can’t see him, so I’m fine if it turns out he’s not IG, but if he is, I can just unblock and go from there.

But yeah, to everyone, if anything makes you feel really unsafe or sends up red flags, don’t be reluctant to end it or contact the creators in some way. And if it turns out this whole thing is not IG, then I apologize for distracting people from the actual storyline, I would never want to do that, and I would advise anyone who might have followed him to unfollow for the time being until this can all be cleared up.

Megan
      Participant

I just typed out this whole response and then lost it because I was logged out. :/

I think it’s important to point out, in case it’s not always clear, that this is par for the course for many women. I think it’s unlikely that this person targeted you because of Lust, it’s far more likely it’s because they’re a creepy jerk and you’re female. It’s good to be reminded that our own instincts regarding safety should probably come before any hope that something is an IG interaction.

Personally I think that if this WERE IG, the creators would understand your reaction and find a way to give it a second chance (think of how many times we’ve missed phone calls, posted here, and then received a second call). Lots of elements of ARG design misfire because the people designing them don’t take into account the differences in demographics between creators and audiences, and how specific groups of people (women, people of color, etc) have been “taught” to react to situations. Again I don’t think that this is what happened here at all, I don’t think this was IG. I don’t know if it would have made any difference for me to have said anything but I didn’t think that Facebook account looked IG at all.

Sean

Stand by

Sean

You can unfriend and ignore this man.

Chloe
      Participant

@coryphella, yep it’s sad that we have to think this way, but we do. I’m thinking it’s most likely OOG now, some creep that just made an account to try to pick up women probably, it was just a lot of variables that seemed to add up at the time.

Once again, @the-creators and everybody else, if it does turn out to be OOG (which it most likely will), I apologize for all the fuss.

Chloe
      Participant

Whoops, posted my last response before I read @thegilded. Thanks so much, and feel free to take this thread off if you need to.

scot
      Participant

Thank you @thegilded

@coryphella
      I personally would appreciate any insight that you or any more experienced player may have to offer, especially in situations like this. Some of us are newer and just don’t have the background and experience to see things that are obvious red flags for you. I’m not asking for hand-holding but if you see me running in a direction that’s not safe or just unwise a little nudge back on track would be appreciated.

Sean

@chloe – Unless if you specifically ask me to, I’m leaning more towards keeping this post open. In this world in which we need to question our reality and who and what is real, you did everything right.

You saw something that seemed off, you investigated it, and before it escalated you verified it. That’s literally model behavior and you’ve done everything that you should do. This is valuable discussion and others may learn from this topic the right steps to take.

Chloe
      Participant

@thegilded Thanks! I have to say, I agree with your reasons for keeping it up. I just didn’t want to clog up the forums with anything that might be unnecessary to the story. But it is a valuable lesson, and one I’ve learned as well, I was a little too naive and didn’t think enough before I acted, like the fact that my IConfidant probably would have emailed me about the Facebook or given some sort of confirmation that this was IG. I know I’ve said this already, but apologies for the goose chase, lesson learned by me and won’t happen again.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr – in both the Henry Williams & Red Door cases it was just knowledge of how things have gone before and both instances being completely different. During the Red Door periscope I was watching it with two others who had similar suspicions (that it was not Lust) but saying anything just becomes a major accusation, and for me it was only based on observations I’d made of design elements & behavior from being a participant who watched almost everything happen online from Minnesota last year. No *actual* proof. With Henry Williams it was that the iConfidants had kind of set out a path for how we would progress through contact with them, and facebook wasn’t in it. BUT, to say something might throw a wrench in the machine if the creators were actually doing it that way. And in either case, I really love getting met with a chorus of BUT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU COULD BE WRONGs, I mean, I live for it every day. 😉

There was a point last year where I was very quick to point out something that was fake (a plant) and others were VERY quick to deny it. And, I took that as a sign that people wanted to believe the fiction. So I try to recognize when I’m the wet blanket. I’m not easily swept up into fiction like others are, but maybe others WANT to be and don’t want me to point out things.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Megan.
       Dustin
      Participant

It’s interesting that your iConfidant is mirroring stuff you’re interested in.

I remember Darren Lynn Bousman saying how a inspiration for the Tension Experience was showing how companies can datamine you and use it against you, maybe the point of iConfidant is to show how people can use your social media to create a persona to seduce you?

Dustin
      Participant

Ah, nevermind. I just caught up on this topic. I should do that for posting.

It’s unfortunate that this was out of game, sorry you had that experience.

scot
      Participant

I read through the privacy policy that showed up on the site today. To be honest, it’s the only one I’ve actually read. It pretty much says that we consent to the collection and use of all our data. I’m sure it’s probably pretty standard. There’s a lot of people that know a lot about all of us.

Viewing 36 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar