Forty Six & 2…

This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I’m sure you all have seen the latest song posted on the LUST fb page… “Forty Six & 2” by Tool from the album Ænima. I’m kind of a nerd when it comes to philosophizing their lyrics and meanings behind their albums. This song is often interpreted with the theory below and it was shared for a reason by Lust so let’s give it a look. This is all speculation no matter how crazy it sounds so here I go down the rabbit hole… Join me and let’s get weird…

This song has been known to have speculation pointing to the evolution of humans. A metaphysicist named Drunvalo Melchizedek expanded on the Jungian Theory, developed by psychiatrist Carl Jung. Jung studied under Freud before he went on his own path towards analytical psychology which focused on oneself’s journey to become whole through personality, dreams and the personal human psyche. If we focus on the human psyche aspect, one of the fundamentals he characterized was archetypes, which he believes make up the collective unconscious to conduct, inform and organize thought and behavior in humans. Some of the main archetypes are the Persona/Self, The Shadow, and the Anima/Animus.

Drunvalo believed that there are three stages or levels of human evolution and each one has it’s own form of consciousness. The 1st level are humans with 44 chromosomes. These people believe everything in the world is connected: the Earth, the water, the animals, the people, etc. They merely see one large consciousness with no difference between species or organisms. Then there’s the second level of humans with 46 chromosomes, which would be us. We believe we are each a separate being from each other and the world around us and also think that we are the sole rulers of the planet. We are a chaotic consciousness that is used as a middle ground between the first and third levels. The third level of humans have 48 chromosomes (Or 46 & 2, with 2 being the sex chromosomes x & y). This is the higher level of consciousness which is what we would be working towards and is considered divine. This means that you are both divine and human at the same time and suggests possibly being able to heal people and control things. This song questions this third level as whether or not it is achievable in this life time.

Now this is where the Jungian theory comes in: it is believed that you can not reach this third level of evolution without first cutting into yourself and cleansing your consciousness (Is this the overall purpose of Lust?). This is where The Shadow plays a part: it is said to be everything that is unseen about you that makes you uncomfortable or that you hate about yourself (is this what we are so openly sharing with our iConfidants or perhaps each other?). This carries into the Anima/Animus which signifies opposite gender conflicts within ourselves. For example, a male may withhold showing empathy in public, as that is a feminine trait and has a stigma of weakness within society.

This quote from the song cohesively dances around this speculation…

“See my shadow changing,
      Stretching up and over me
      Soften this old armor
      Hoping I can clear the way
      By stepping through my shadow,
      Coming out the other side
      Step into the shadow
      Forty six and two are just ahead of me ..”

I believe this part of the song is representing a state of enlightenment that is to be achieved through shedding one’s demons by confronting them head on in your conscious state. Enlightenment: sound familiar??

Now to go to the other side of this theory, some believe that the message of this song is reverse evolution: from human (46 chromosomes) back to an ape (48 chromosomes), adopting whatever pro-animalistic, anti-intelligent characteristics the ape would have. Maynard (singer of Tool) strives to do this to relieve himself of “chaotic delusions”, as these are side effects of human thought, whereas to be an animal without self-delusion and rationalization of every little aspect of existence, he could change himself and be free of human suffering…

Perhaps THIS is what is happening with Otis and Tina? Are they being used as experiments to strip away their free-formed thinking and be turned into mere animalistic humans? Maybe Otis and Tina are test subjects of facing their Shadows head on, making way for us to soon be subjected to this. Maybe they are having sleep tests done where they are put into these paralysis states where these insecurities are taking over and consuming them, which will gradually change their decision making and thought process.

I personally think there can be aspects taken from either of these theories to use towards getting what “they” want out of us. Perhaps There’s a reason close to or similar to this theory of why Otis and Tina mentioned not knowing why they have been sleeping so long or why they feel like in a dream state when they are awake (paraphrasing).

Are our iConfidants collecting personal information that showcases our demons and things we utterly hate about ourselves to then be used against us in this fashion? Has the OSDM or the investors figured out a way to tap into our unconsciousness or collective consciousness using the information gathered from each of us to then somehow manipulate and change us into the humans they want us to be?

Cristen
      Participant

Hannah I want to take this post and clutch it to me. I love it so much. Let’s get freaky.

Jung (and by expansion, Melchizedek, I suppose?) also emphasized the importance of incorporating aspects of one’s Shadow Self (repressed consciousness) into active consciousness, becoming aware of the Shadow and, in part, embracing it. You can deny your Shadow, project it on others, or (ideally) integrate/transmute it, essentially embracing that natural chaotic self to achieve the next level of evolution. Chaos is the law of nature after all.

I think this all fits with what we’ve been seeing. Shadow Selves, Future Humans, the idea of burning down the citadel to rebuild a better version. There’s a clear line between everything here as far as I see it. And I love this goddamned song.

Cara
      Participant

@shankfx22 ??? I love this so much. The fact that, what started as a fun jaunt into an immersive experience, has turned into a philosophical discussion on the lyrics of Maynard James Keenan excites me to my very core. Preach, girl, preach!

At first I was afraid that this might be an evil cult but if this is a cult of Maynard then sign me up! ?

And if they start posting A Perfect Circle music I might just blow a gasket…

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@wanda102 Exactly… It could be we either accept our shadows and embrace the disharmony, or we accept and strive to drive them away for good. Taking the collective consciousness and applying it to our unconscious mind and vise versa could potentially expand us as a species through evolution into the divine. There’s also the theory of Neo Sapiens that ties in with Jung and Melchizedek, expanding on cosmic consciousness and the evolution of the neutral net in the human brain…

Tying into all that has been happening so far, this would definitely be considered chaos within the human psyche and perhaps it should be taken more in this context than literally? iConfidant could very well be divulging into our subconscious to extract what triggers our shadow self and use it to make us weaker towards it.

@chrysalis359
      hahaha well as crazy and outlandish this theory can be, there are some coincidences and relevance to what has been going on so we shall see how it progress and unravels

Russell
      Participant

Gotta admit… I am not a Tool fan. Just not my thing.

However, I truly appreciate your post @shankfx22. You are pointing to things that would have completely slipped by me.
      Also, I think this post is a very clear demonstration that what we will all take away from this “thing” is directly related to who we are.
      (Who we already are… not what we might be by the end…)

Candace
      Participant

I love this @shankfx22 ???

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@russell Thank you for entertaining this theory, even though you are not a fan of Tool (no judgement :))… And I agree with you! Everyone will have their own unique take on what’s to come of all of this, and it could literally be anything, but like you said, it will stay true to who we are <3

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@pandace88 Thanks girl 🙂 Just sharing my love for expanding the mind into theories that may seem extreme but could also be dead on… we will never know our true role in this universe until we know 😉

Cara
      Participant

@shankfx22 Well, at this point I’m along for the ride, wherever that may take me…

Jackie
      Participant

I appreciate the intricacy and critical thinking bones that were put into this. <3

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Thank you @theladyj <3… I did put a lot of time into trying to convey how this theory could tie into Lust and why they would share it… what was their intention behind this song? Which part of the theory is pointing towards the path they are going down? I do believe that this ties into iConfidant and our information that we have so freely shared with them in hopes of finding out their identity.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

All of this sounds strangely familiar…

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar