Following up

This topic contains 78 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole Mae 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
     KINGKILL33 
    Participant

Damn… well said @larry. I love that explanation of yours and you’re absolutely right!

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

Cheers @kingkill33 The journey to self-discovery is not a journey upwards, as Bernard said, but a journey inwards. The final step in Ford’s pyramid was suffering — you cannot be human and achieve consciousness if you don’t experience emotional pain.

i.e. Bring it.

Megan 
    Participant

@larry, right now, I love you so goddamn much.

This scene, when it aired, is what got my friends (and fucking Steve Peters) calling me the Man in Black. And eventually led to that last article I wrote on Tension being named what it was (not my doing, because by then Travis was in the hospital).

So, yes, this. THIS. So much this.

The world out there, the one you’ll never see, was one of plenty. A fat, soft teat people cling to their entire life. Every need taken care of, except one – purpose. Meaning. So they come here. They can be a little scared, a little thrilled, enjoy some sweetly affirmative bullshit, and then they take a fucking picture and they go back home. But I think there’s a deeper meaning hiding under all that. Something the person who created it wanted to express.

Something true.

We are wrapped in a narrative where we cannot tell good from bad, real from fiction, friend from enemy, and as you say, the value is in the struggle. When you feel lost, go back to the central question: why are you here? Are we “fucked”? Then we choose to be by being here. We WANT to get fucked.

Some of us moreso than others. Some come here to play a game and some to “win” that game, whatever that means, and pick a side and be true to themselves, and some come to explore themselves regardless of what side that puts them on. Some, like @kasch and probably myself, are going to use the “sex parties vs ciphers” measuring stick. Does it matter? We’ve gotten enough of a “meta” narrative by now to know that it’s all a piece of theatre and signing up for BOS is likely no different from signing up for the OSDM, and probably just as pointless. Trying to play a game and pick the right side seems artificial to me. I’m here for the maze. We’re all fucked.

Cristen 
    Participant

@larry @coryphella, your points speak to me. Right there with you. Let all those chips fall.

Robert Fuller 
    Participant

I love this discussion. I’m more or less here because of Westworld, because of this need for narrative that we all have. And I was thinking about this today, how some people see this as a game, others simply as an experience, or as a piece of theater, or as a Choose Your Own Adventure story, or as some sort of therapy. But if it’s a game, it’s a game with no winners, so what’s the point? I’m keeping an open mind, because this is still new to me, but I’m kind of with @coryphella on this. In a world where nothing is what it seems and everything is suspect, how do you pick a side? Like others have said, I’d need a damn good reason to do so. (Of course, if I had to do it right now, picking Team Eyes Wide Shut over Team Cryptonomicon is a no brainer.)

Candace 
    Participant

@coryphella

We’ve gotten enough of a “meta” narrative by now to know that it’s all a piece of theatre and signing up for BOS is likely no different from signing up for the OSDM, and probably just as pointless. Trying to play a game and pick the right side seems artificial to me. I’m here for the maze. We’re all fucked.

As much as I want to support a side, this what you side right here is how I really feel deep down!

@larry thanks for that magnificent westworld clip 😍 you’re right on the money with that one.

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

This isn’t theatre.

Cara 
    Participant

Puzzles. Sex parties. I don’t care. I just love a beautiful distraction from the mundane. Anything that takes me out of my own head for a while is something I can get behind. As long as at the end of the day I still feel something, then that was a day well spent.

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

Go on. What do you want to feel? How does feeling something serve you?

Cara 
    Participant
     Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

@chrysalis359 A video is worth a thousand words. Thank you for this.

Cassandra 
    Participant

I agree with you @cara This is a fun distraction from the mundane, and a cool little adventure. I’m just having fun exploring/observing/feeling my way along. Whatever happens, happens, and I’m sure I’ll be satisfied with whatever relative dissatisfaction I receive. Could be because I’m still so new, but I really don’t have a huge understanding of what either the OSDM or BOS stands for. Definitely don’t feel myself leaning any which way at this point, though because everyone else is getting so into it, I definitely feel the pressure to choose. But if I did choose, it would just be like picking a favorite color, a shallow decision, because I still don’t have any real grasp of either of the two parties. There’s just a lot of “mystery talk”, which is cool, but like Winston is saying, I have no idea what any of these people actually believe in or are aiming for on a concrete level. Like others were saying, rebellion sounds sexy but I’m held back by not being able to rationally explain to myself what I’d be rebelling against and why.

Cara 
    Participant
     Kevin Hsu 
    Participant

I admire and respect everyone’s choices here. The diversity of thought makes each person’s choice truly significant. Whatever you choose; act with purpose, react with emotion.

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

@cara Nice to make yer acquaintance, Ma’am.

@lazysmartperson You’re going to kill me for saying this, but perhaps “respond” rather than “react”?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar