Following up

This topic has 78 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Nicole Mae.

• Author
       Maddyxxx
      Participant

Howdy Shit Snacks? Everybody have a nice break from their digital bonds yesterday? Everybody take a deep dive into their own lake of personal responsibility and strength? Everybody find that other people’s lies and gossip hold no use to those who wish to improve themselves?

Well, I hope some of you did, in fact I am keeping score and logging the ones who did. There are two types of people in the world, those who people talk about and those who talk about other people.

If you are confused about which side of the fence you are on then you are the latter. For those of you how about you go down the rabbit hole of, “Dewey wins”.

You see, fake news and conspiracies are as old jealousy itself.

Let’s all do a thought experiment as part of today’s lesson, when was the last time someone you knew get a nice promotion in your stupid little work place?

Think back.

Did the small people, the weak minded, the little people that never would have gotten that promotion in a million years talk a whooooole grip of shit against that employee? Did they maybe just maybe bring up a fuck ton of unfounded rumors, bias and lies? Some probably said they were a kiss ass, maybe they even claim the boss let the employee punch their time card… with his DICK or her VAGINA…., shit, tits, ass, balls, fuck me in the goat ass, whatever, it’s too early to keep track of these metaphors and I am barely paying attention, my point is maybe they said they fucked or worse, maybe they said they got there because of good old fashioned nepotism.

The point is you can see how conspiracies are made. They are made by the small minded of the world who want to see things where they are not. They want to believe that luck not their lack of hard work is why they are still on the bottom and someone else is on the top. I mean, it’s not like superior skills could actually be the reason people got to where they are right?

No, it’s actually all a secret cabal of like minded individuals quietly using rituals to both indoctrinate and keep submissive those who they wish to use and control at all times.

Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn’t it and you know me, I am many things but I am always serious.

So, don’t be a small minded, petty Bryan B, be a FUCKING ANDREW J!

Get your head on straight and focus on that which is real, your ability to affect change where you can.

The System works, work The System. It’s your only chance.

Jackie
      Participant

They want to believe that luck not their lack of hard work is why they are still on the bottom and someone else is on the top.

See you Sunday @maddyxxx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Who’s Andrew J?

EDIT: Andy Jenkins. Confused dude.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey goofball. It’s “cabal.”

Kevin
      Participant

To answer Buz’s question: @confuseddude (aka Andy Jenkins)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Kevin. Reason: Clarity
       Winston Smith
      Participant

@maddyxxx Maybe it’s your only chance. I can smell your desperation from all the way over here. You puff out your chest, and talk a good game, but behind it all, it’s painfully obvious how weak, and desperate you really are. You *NEED* these people to join The System. You need them *far* more than they need you, isn’t that right?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I wonder how many retreats Levi needed to go through to get to this point. It’s sad really. I wonder if he’d hate what they’ve made him into.

Blondie
      Participant

Funny… The last person who got promoted in my workplace was ME. I got it because I deserved it and everyone agreed (trust me, ALL gossip in that place gets back to me somehow and not a peep of dissention…). No crotch touching, no nepotism. Just a good attitude and work ethic. Just further proves The System is not for me.

Candace
      Participant

maybe they said they got there because of good old fashioned nepotism.

I mean I’m sure it doesn’t hurt! Someone’s good at what they do and they’re family..

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Oh @maddyxxx… I thought we’d gotten to a good place.

See you Sunday, precious.

Cristen
      Participant

I think he likes you, @bcbishop.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This just doesn’t feel like Noah. Sounds like him but just lacks that libertarian self reliance agency schtick.

But maybe that’s the point? Noah obviously can’t go about coming out and saying “Listen to this psycho shit now you know what I’m dealing with.”

Maybe, just maybe, we’re seeing a bit of a reverse psychology here.

Perhaps the goal was to go so far left that it forced us to end up going right eventually.

Like this right here…

No, it’s actually all a secret cable of like minded individuals quietly using rituals to both indoctrinate and keep submissive those who they wish to use and control at all times. Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn’t it and you know me, I am many things but I am always serious.

That seems like an odd way of summarizing yesterday’s reveals. Almost like he’s hiding the truth in plain sight.

Whether you love him or hate him, there is more to Noah than meets the eye. Dude is clever.

Perhaps we should be looking to the side and not just what’s in front of us.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@bcbishop does remind me, I’m still not 100% sure my status of this weekend. @maddyxxx mentioned I’d be back in due to @timsmyname’s actions, but I’ve had no official email / new ticket since then. Guess I’m still in a holding pattern.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@nothenrygale

If things don’t get cleared up, I will personally sacrifice my ticket to get you into the seminar. They aren’t the 100 dollar ticket but it’ll get you in. I just want to see the ongoing drama between the two of you further develop 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive

@maddyxxx So, you’re making a list of all the nice and naughty children and checking it twice. Who are you, @joycecarlberg or something?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@genghistwan No way man, I want to see Noah keep his word. When he crashed the Resistance meetup, he threw my lime at my glass, missed and it hit the floor. He tried to get me to pick it up and put it in the glass. He tried to get me to fix his miss. If he messed up with offering me a new ticket, I want him to be the one to follow through. I do hope his follow through on his words is better than his follow through on his lime shooting.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@nothenrygale

But wouldn’t it be more funny to crash his event, and throw a lime at his glass?

I’m basically playing the part of a middle schooler chanting “Fight…Fight…Fight!”

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

It’s funny, because these latest “Noah” posts sound way more like Joyce than our beloved Mr Sinclair.

@joycecarlberg
      … Are you catfishing us?

Roppi
      Participant

I agree with Buz on Noah sounding a little off. He sounds a little more (determined? desperate?) to get people to join.

Kevin
      Participant

I’m not as convinced as @thebuz, but this line stands out:

The System works, work The System. It’s your only chance.

Initial meaning is fairly obvious, but it could be taken as a different type of directive. Work The System and maybe you’ll be able to creep around the side of the facade.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I agree with you @thebuz, he basically was mocking what he was told to relay to us, and knew we would get it and understand it

Anonymous
      Inactive

@pineapple You didn’t read my whole post.

@kevin
      I think that is a very astute line to pull out of his post.

If we join and work the system, Noah has an army. An army he can utalize to help bring this shit down.

You want to talk about common goals between BOS and Noah… it’s there.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@joycecarlberg… Are you catfishing us?

@kasch
      Nothing would make me happier, but I’ll admit I don’t sense the usual JC eyeroll in that Noah post. It seems to be much more like the man himself… albeit, slightly off.

The truth is @joycecarlberg hasn’t logged on in over two weeks. I will love her until my dying day, but I fear she may no longer be serving the same community outreach role at HCDI. If that’s actually true, and what the implications might be… all tbd.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@shankfx22

…and knew we would get it and understand it

Well some of us anyway.

Lukas L
      Participant

Well if this is @joycecarlberg catfishing us, why bring @bcbishop up in a negative light.

Roppi
      Participant

@thebuz You misunderstood mine. The first part is agreeing with you on him sounding different. The rest is my thought.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin To note, “work the system” is a direct quote from The System website, which was also what @thebuz and I titled our photo. I tind it very relevant that @maddyxxx chose to post that phrase at the end of his thoughts. He wants us to WORK The System… just like he is. He is manipulating and using tactics that he knows are OSDM’s and probably from his father as well. He is using it to his advantage in a way of exploiting those tactics and spinning them to play in his favor. He’s giving us a heads up as well as teaching us how to do the same. Very very clever and witty dude

Sean

I’m beginning to think that I’m going to get my money’s worth just watching @bcbishop and @maddyxxx interact this weekend

Tim Redman
      Participant

Hey @nothenrygale I did message “them” privately officially forfeiting my ticket to you or whoever they wished and received the usual lack of follow through/silent treatment. You have my blessing to take my place at the event even if Noah has not surprisingly left you unsure. There is no System here, boys and girls.

I hope @bcbishop is wrong about @joycecarlberg. Hopefully she’s just taking a long walk around this big pile of poo and cleansing herself as she circles back.

Cristen
      Participant

@bcbishop the more she comes up, the more I miss Joyce, as you know. I hope she’s off enjoying a vodka cocktail and thinking about what a useless lot we are.

Winston Smith
        Participant

@wanda102 She was awful interested in getting that phone from @kipsie. I can’t help but wonder if she’s off getting punished for failing in her task, rather than sipping cocktails on a beach. Joyce might not be enjoying her hiatus at all.

Cristen
      Participant

@winstonsmith honestly, I don’t think she cared very much about the phone. She offered to make it worth Kips’ while if she handed it over, with no real crux to her offer. She gave her an hour or until she finished her ice cream. Doesn’t sound to me like she actually thought she made a good argument.

Everyone who participated in TMC, signed the book, answered the phone, etc, ALL were accounted for. She wanted Kips to say no, she knew she would, that’s why the time limit to decide was so fluid. She knew what she was doing. And she knew what BOS would do.

I don’t think she’s being punished. I think she did exactly what she was supposed to, and the resistance did exactly what she expected of them.

Lauren Bello

She knew what she was doing. And she knew what BOS would do.

Didn’t she freak out on Bryan and Megan and demand to know if they’d known about TMC being BOS? She seemed pretty blindsided that night.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@daela Yes she did. She presented herself initially as this confident, stable woman who has everything under control and slowly but surely, she started to unravel. She started to lose her grip of control and that’s when the lashing out and inconsistencies really shined through

Cristen
      Participant

@daela You could also argue, per what many of your colleagues have said, that Joyce’s insistence we ignore other Experiences, that it’s another indication that she was wise to what was about to happen. What seemed to be her unraveling as you and @shankfx22 have said was what she knew we would expect from her. She also was able to test @bcbishop’s loyalty in the process.

I have to adopt a stance, going through this world, that OSDM, as the presenters of this Experience, are one step ahead of every one of us. I’d be doing a disservice to think otherwise.

111error
      Participant

Cristen
      Participant

Oh hi, @111error! I’m glad you took time out of your busy schedule to make a cartoon implying I’m like a Trump supporter in response to a polite defense of my position in which I make no attempt to convince any of your followers that I am right and they are wrong. With the utmost respect: try harder or fuck off. ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

To be fair @111error you have said time and time again that you want to make BOS better than last year… so…

MBGA?

Either way this fantastic, the best, absolutely fantastic, nothing like it….ever.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Also who doesn’t want to MOGA? I don’t want them being creep creeps anymore. All for making the OSDM great.

Get me a hat!

Lauren Bello

I have to adopt a stance, going through this world, that OSDM, as the presenters of this Experience, are one step ahead of every one of us. I’d be doing a disservice to think otherwise.

I think that 9 out of 10 times, they are.

The thing is, we’ve always said that nobody is going to “win” this game. Nobody will escape without being betrayed. We’ll all have to lose something, at some point, in some way. I have to believe the same goes for the OSDM and those who side with them. Maybe it will be a small loss – like being blindsided by a participant becoming a leader. Maybe it will be a greater loss – like the rescue of one of their victims, or betrayal by someone they trusted. Whatever the scale, I don’t want to make the mistake of believing that anyone is invincible.

Winston Smith
        Participant

The thing is, we’ve always said that nobody is going to “win” this game. Nobody will escape without being betrayed. We’ll all have to lose something, at some point, in some way. I have to believe the same goes for the OSDM and those who side with them. Maybe it will be a small loss – like being blindsided by a participant becoming a leader. Maybe it will be a greater loss – like the rescue of one of their victims, or betrayal by someone they trusted. Whatever the scale, I don’t want to make the mistake of believing that anyone is invincible.

I think there’s an interesting dilemma in there. I think we “know” that in the end, we’re all fucked. But what do we do about that? Do we say “We’re all fucked, resistance is futile, I’ll just wait for the axe to fall. Why fight the inevitable?”, or do we stubbornly resist anyway?

Maybe the point isn’t winning the struggle, but struggling in the first place. I don’t want to just accept that it’s all going to end in disaster for us, even if I know that’s likely to be the case. I want to fight it anyway, because it feels wrong to give in, and just *let* it happen. If our destruction is inevitable, I want to make them *prove* it. EARN it. I’m not just gonna roll over, and die because someone tells me it’s going to happen eventually anyway.

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, you chose a side and are committed! Don’t let anyone shame you for participating in this experience the way you want. You are in the minority but that’s totally cool. Not everyone enjoys following the crowd, myself included!

Cristen
      Participant

@daela invincible, no. But not predictable, either. And I’m sure not trying to win anything, here. If anyone is, they might want to reevaluate what world they’re in. We still haven’t met Devastation yet, after all.

Kevin
      Participant

I don’t think there’s any reason for this, @wanda102 has always been considered in her opinions of the factions here. Understanding her reasoning and arguments are worthwhile to see what OSDM supporters think of both OSDM and BOS. While we’re on opposite sides now, I can’t think that BOS wouldn’t be better off with trying to make an ally of Cristen. I was told that making a skeptic into a convert was very meaningful and Cristen is one of the biggest ones out there. We shouldn’t push her further away.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Sage
      Participant

@meghanmayhem, hahaha. Now that’s funny!!

But now I kinda want to support the OSDM…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Sage.
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@111error @thebuz I too would love a hat! This is so good hahaha is this our version of a t shirt? I’m on board ????

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Arguing ideas? Cool.

Arguing tactics? Cooler.

Wondering who is motivated by what in a world where the fourth wall has collapsed and it’s not clear who is what (or why) anymore? Coolest of all.

Attacking IRL friends because they don’t agree with you, and pretending it’s all “in-game”?

That was BOS’s move last year.

Keep it up, and you won’t just lose recruits. You’ll lose players for the game itself.

Winston Smith
      Participant

@wanda102 Yeah, but at some point, you can use that line of thought to justify anything at all You can say “Well, yeah, Joyce knew you’d think A, so she did B.” If you thought B, well then she knew that too, so she did A. If you tried to be clever and think C, no dice, Joyce is too csmart for you, she already anticipated that. It basically places her in the role of an omniscient entity, and I just don’t think that’s what she, or OSDM actually are.

You can basically take any event that ever happened, and say “Ah hah, it was always meant to be that way. It was predestined. It’s turtles, all the way down!” Suggesting that we’re hopelessly behind, and can never catch up is a lot like saying “It’s not for us to understand the mind of God.”

Cristen
      Participant

I would have thought that just because there’s fewer of us on this side of the room, it didn’t mean our opinions were irrelevant or should be subject to ridicule.

Cristen
      Participant

@winstonsmith I’m not saying it’s hopeless and I’m certainly not saying we should resist anything; I wouldn’t ask questions at all if I wanted to lay down and die. I wouldn’t even be here. But I do think it’s important to remain skeptical of your own cause as well as that of your enemy so you don’t become complacent.

Winston Smith
        Participant

@wanda102 OK, but when you suggest that Joyce/OSDM are so far ahead of us we couldn’t possibly understand her grand plan, isn’t that complacency?

It’s absolutely important to remain skeptical. Are you skeptical of Joyce? Are you as skeptical of Joyce as you expect other people to be of their chosen faction mascots?

Cara
      Participant

Though I won’t be attending, I greatly look forward to hearing about Sunday’s events from both sides. While I don’t agree with all of @maddyxxx tactics thus far, he certainly has piqued my interest. I’ll be very curious to see just how he intends for you to “work the system.” Perhaps he is planning something that I can actually get behind.

That being said, I’ll be right over here in my BOS corner in the meanwhile. And I have nothing but respect for those of you who differ in your beliefs. Perhaps future events will make us all see eye to eye. Perhaps not. (That’s the great thing about ‘Murica!) Besides, I know there are some great minds on the other side of the aisle and we would definitely be stronger if we all worked together collectively. Towards what goal? Well, that remains to be seen but just imagine if we stopped wasting our energies on in-fighting and instead stood together against an evil. There is strength in numbers. Just a thought…

Anonymous
      Inactive

But I do think it’s important to remain skeptical of your own cause as well as that of your enemy so you don’t become complacent.

@wanda102
      , you are literally preaching to the @winstonsmith choir with that one. 🙂

Cristen
      Participant

@kipsie probably explains why I like butting heads with him so much. ?
      But yes, we’re not sitting here making excuses for OSDM, nor do we have more information than anyone else about what the fuck is going on. This is just another _path. And we aren’t even half way, and are still very much in a speculative phase.

Cristen
      Participant

@winstonsmith Joyce gave us true if slightly obtuse answers to our questions, spoke in admittedly clever riddles, and berated us. The brevity and clarity of her behavior appealed to me, but of course I am skeptical. I want to know WHY she came, what her real motives are, how much she really knew (to see if I gave her too much credit!) and what version of OSDM we have hovering above us this year.

Anyone who’s asked questions of Morgan seems satisfied by his answers. That’s good. He is completely charming and believes in his cause. I do not question his character as a man. I do question what he intends to do afterwards if his plan to burn OSDM succeeds, and if he even knows what he’s fighting against, and what danger he’ll put you all in if you don’t keep asking why. Just follow yourself. If your path is with him, go. I’m sure I’ll meet you at rock bottom.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

To each his own. I don’t buy it that any of us are truly complacent or at ease with the situation. We might have favorite characters etc.. but whatever side we find ourselves on, we’re all trying to move the plot forward/figure out what is really happening.

Winston Smith
      Participant

@wanda102 For the record, I’m not at all satisfied by Morgan’s answers. I think we agree that he’s charming, and believes in his cause. I’m just not sure that the cause he believes in is what he thinks it is, as you’ve pointed out before. All I know about BOS so far is that they say “We like truth! Boo OSDM!” But, when @111error says that he, and Noah share certain goals, well, what goals are those, and are they goals that I share? I don’t know, but I’m mighty suspicious. When someone says “We share goals”, but can’t even disclose what those goals are, why *shouldn’t* I be suspicious? At a minimum, BOS should be able to say “This is what we believe, this is what we stand for, and this is why.” You don’t have to compromise your techniques, tactics, and procedures to say what you believe in. If an organizations very *goals* are secret, how would I know if they’re my goals too? Maybe they’re totally opposite to my goals, and that’s a problem for me. That’s information that I *require* before I can decide whether I support him, and BOS or not. I hope to be able to talk to him, and assess whether or not I feel like I can trust him. Right now, I just don’t know either way, but I do know my spidey senses are tingling like crazy, and that there is a LOT we aren’t being told, by *all* parties involved in these shenanigans. When someone doesn’t want to answer certain questions, it could very well be because they know you’re not going to like the answers.

I think @111error and the BOS/Resistance are more likely to be closer to my own viewpoint than say, Joyce, or Noah, or the Investors. But, that’s based on what I think BOS *should* believe in, or what it says it believes in. I don’t know if that’s what BOS is *actually* about. As you pointed out, we’ve seen that ploy before, and we have ample reason to be all sorts of skeptical.

I’m a “resistance” sort of person, so the assumed ideals of a group like BOS do appeal to my sensibilities. It’s the faction I’m inclined to want to like, on a lizardbrain level. I’m just not sure my rational, human-powered brain has the evidence it needs to come to the same conclusion.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

@winstonsmith hit the nail on the head.

I’m the type who will generally align with the rebellious side, but I also need something more to go on than mission cries that consist only of “Burn it down!” (And I actually think if it were called something other than BoS, I wouldn’t be as resistant). I know, I know…new people, new organization, but at least right now the OSDM is the devil I know, as oppose to BoS, which I know virtually nothing about other than some close friends are involved and they hate stuff.

I’m open to listening to whatever side has to say and making my decision accordingly. But I ain’t treating this like a game of Warcraft. I need to have a PASSION for whoever I join.

That said, the OSDM seems to be having Eyes Wide Shut sex parties, while BOS loves… cipher puzzles? Currently, I know where I’d like to spend my nights. 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@winstonsmith Excellent observations. This circles back to the primary question — the one repeatedly asked of all participants in The Experiences and other shows:

“Why are you here?”

Ruminate on this. I do so frequently. And there’s another unasked question: why are THEY here? The Creators? The hosts?

We are wrapped in a narrative where we cannot tell good from bad, real from fiction, friend from enemy, and as you say, the value is in the struggle. When you feel lost, go back to the central question: why are you here? Are we “fucked”? Then we choose to be by being here. We WANT to get fucked.

Why?

It’s all right in front of us. I’ll post it again. Pay very very close attention. Listen to every word. Think about the words chosen. Think about how they talk about the real world, the surface narrative regarding Wyatt, and the underlying narrative of The MiB and Dr. Ford. This is what guides us. Not whether we are fucked or submit, but as Winston says, the struggle.

“They’re not looking for a story that tells them who they are. They already know who they are. They’re here because they want a glimpse of who they could be.”

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Damn… well said @larry. I love that explanation of yours and you’re absolutely right!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Cheers @kingkill33 The journey to self-discovery is not a journey upwards, as Bernard said, but a journey inwards. The final step in Ford’s pyramid was suffering — you cannot be human and achieve consciousness if you don’t experience emotional pain.

i.e. Bring it.

Megan
      Participant

@larry, right now, I love you so goddamn much.

This scene, when it aired, is what got my friends (and fucking Steve Peters) calling me the Man in Black. And eventually led to that last article I wrote on Tension being named what it was (not my doing, because by then Travis was in the hospital).

So, yes, this. THIS. So much this.

The world out there, the one you’ll never see, was one of plenty. A fat, soft teat people cling to their entire life. Every need taken care of, except one – purpose. Meaning. So they come here. They can be a little scared, a little thrilled, enjoy some sweetly affirmative bullshit, and then they take a fucking picture and they go back home. But I think there’s a deeper meaning hiding under all that. Something the person who created it wanted to express.

Something true.

We are wrapped in a narrative where we cannot tell good from bad, real from fiction, friend from enemy, and as you say, the value is in the struggle. When you feel lost, go back to the central question: why are you here? Are we “fucked”? Then we choose to be by being here. We WANT to get fucked.

Some of us moreso than others. Some come here to play a game and some to “win” that game, whatever that means, and pick a side and be true to themselves, and some come to explore themselves regardless of what side that puts them on. Some, like @kasch and probably myself, are going to use the “sex parties vs ciphers” measuring stick. Does it matter? We’ve gotten enough of a “meta” narrative by now to know that it’s all a piece of theatre and signing up for BOS is likely no different from signing up for the OSDM, and probably just as pointless. Trying to play a game and pick the right side seems artificial to me. I’m here for the maze. We’re all fucked.

Cristen
      Participant

@larry @coryphella, your points speak to me. Right there with you. Let all those chips fall.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I love this discussion. I’m more or less here because of Westworld, because of this need for narrative that we all have. And I was thinking about this today, how some people see this as a game, others simply as an experience, or as a piece of theater, or as a Choose Your Own Adventure story, or as some sort of therapy. But if it’s a game, it’s a game with no winners, so what’s the point? I’m keeping an open mind, because this is still new to me, but I’m kind of with @coryphella on this. In a world where nothing is what it seems and everything is suspect, how do you pick a side? Like others have said, I’d need a damn good reason to do so. (Of course, if I had to do it right now, picking Team Eyes Wide Shut over Team Cryptonomicon is a no brainer.)

Candace
      Participant

@coryphella

We’ve gotten enough of a “meta” narrative by now to know that it’s all a piece of theatre and signing up for BOS is likely no different from signing up for the OSDM, and probably just as pointless. Trying to play a game and pick the right side seems artificial to me. I’m here for the maze. We’re all fucked.

As much as I want to support a side, this what you side right here is how I really feel deep down!

@larry
      thanks for that magnificent westworld clip ? you’re right on the money with that one.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

This isn’t theatre.

Cara
      Participant

Puzzles. Sex parties. I don’t care. I just love a beautiful distraction from the mundane. Anything that takes me out of my own head for a while is something I can get behind. As long as at the end of the day I still feel something, then that was a day well spent.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Go on. What do you want to feel? How does feeling something serve you?

Cassandra
        Participant

I agree with you @cara This is a fun distraction from the mundane, and a cool little adventure. I’m just having fun exploring/observing/feeling my way along. Whatever happens, happens, and I’m sure I’ll be satisfied with whatever relative dissatisfaction I receive. Could be because I’m still so new, but I really don’t have a huge understanding of what either the OSDM or BOS stands for. Definitely don’t feel myself leaning any which way at this point, though because everyone else is getting so into it, I definitely feel the pressure to choose. But if I did choose, it would just be like picking a favorite color, a shallow decision, because I still don’t have any real grasp of either of the two parties. There’s just a lot of “mystery talk”, which is cool, but like Winston is saying, I have no idea what any of these people actually believe in or are aiming for on a concrete level. Like others were saying, rebellion sounds sexy but I’m held back by not being able to rationally explain to myself what I’d be rebelling against and why.

Cara
      Participant
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@chrysalis359 A video is worth a thousand words. Thank you for this.

Cara
      Participant
       Kevin Hsu
      Participant

I admire and respect everyone’s choices here. The diversity of thought makes each person’s choice truly significant. Whatever you choose; act with purpose, react with emotion.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@cara Nice to make yer acquaintance, Ma’am.

@lazysmartperson
      You’re going to kill me for saying this, but perhaps “respond” rather than “react”?

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

@larry ?
      Act with purpose, respond with emojis.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant
       Megan
      Participant

This isn’t theatre.

You’re right. It’s toothpaste.

It’s most definitely *not* therapy and I would caution anyone who thinks that it *is* against that. One of the biggest ethical problems immersive theatre faces is that people confuse it for therapy when it’s flat out not, and it’s created by people with no background or training in therapy and no intent whatsoever in providing more than entertainment. You might use it as therapy and that’s your choice, you might find it therapeutic, but at the end of the day, that’s not what it is.

Leaving aside the fact that it is actually theatre, there is honestly very little in life that *isn’t* theatre.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
       Nicole Mae
      Participant

@coryphella good point. I see a lot of therapeutic elements to immersives, but you’re absolutely right – there’s (often) no formal training in place by those who put them on.

Viewing 74 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar