FB Song & Quote 6/6

This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

New song and quote was just posted to the FB page…

“There’s always a bigger picture.”

Quoted by @wanda102 from the iConfidant Live thread. The song posted was “Retrograde” by James Blake and you can listen Here

I have listened to this song many a times over the years and it can be applied in many ways. What I take from this song the most is it is persuading you to reveal your deepest scars and secrets that have made you strong. He is saying that no one else around you will be the ones to confide in, but he is, so trust him and open up.

For the quote, I think they are eluding that we still haven’t seen the bigger picture as what is still to come, which also plays into all of the cropping of the pictures. What are we not seeing that is showing us the bigger picture? When we take a step back, what is being revealed?

Jackie
      Participant

I feel like this whole thing has had an over arching theme: we’re not seeing it. All the way back to the Sarah/Tim emails: “They think there are real robots!” And the wilder we get, the wilder the greater picture becomes for better or worse.

Jackie
      Participant
       Cristen
      Participant

@shankfx22 You raise a good point. This is Chapter One. There’s still a much larger story just outside the one we’re seeing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Lyrics for Retrograde I think apply quite well to Stacey and iConfidant.

You’re on your own
      In a world you’ve grown
      Few more years to go,
      Don’t let the hurdle fall
      So be the girl you loved,
      Be the girl you loved

I’ll wait
      So show me why you’re strong
      Ignore everybody else,
      We’re alone now
      I’ll wait
      Ignore everybody else,
      We’re alone now

Suddenly, I’m hit
      It’s the starkness of the dawn
      And your friends are gone
      And your friends won’t come
      So show me where you fit
      So show me where you fit

I’ll wait
      Ignore everybody else,
      We’re alone now (we’re alone now)
      (we’re alone now)
      I’ll wait (we’re alone now)
      (We’re alone now)
      (We’re alone now)
      I’ll wait (we’re alone now)
      (we’re alone now)
      (we’re alone now)
      (we’re alone now)
      (we’re alone now)

Suddenly, I’m hit
      It’s the starkness of the dawn
      And your friends are gone
      And your friends won’t come
      So show me where you fit
      So show me where you fit

The more and more I think on it the more I feel like Kristen might be playing @111error and all of us. There is indeed a bigger picture here we’re not seeing yet.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Yes @theladyj & @wanda102 I agree with you. And in my gut I feel that the bigger picture is definitely not what we are expecting. Also thank you for the poster, it is awesome, as always 🙂

@thebuz I think you are right, it would make sense and can apply to her and iconfidant. I think if we look at the lyrics as a bigger picture as well, they are referring to us being alone, and we should seek and/or trust “Him” whoever that may be

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar