FB Post 8/31

This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Violet.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

FB post just now.

Painting is: The Conspiracy of Claudius Civilis.

My take: Its as if the gallery is viewing someone stripped of their power, all eyes on them and each other. They are unamused.

Addison
      Participant

Normally we get a painting to look at. There’s a quote on it, the lust logo on it. Now we’re getting a painting containing a painting (which bears the Lust logo) and someone else. Everyone’s looking at someone else, because he’s naked and drawing attention away from the painting with the logo.

We’re everyone. The painting within a painting? The Lust Experience that we’ve been participating to this point. The naked dude? Mason.

Cristen
      Participant

Note from Tacitus on Civilius:

The painting follows Tacitus’s Histories in depicting an episode from the Batavian rebellion (69–70 AD), led by the one-eyed chieftain Claudius Civilis in which he “collected at one of the sacred groves, ostensibly for a banquet, the chiefs of the nation and the boldest spirits of the lower class”, convinced them to join his rebellion, and then “bound the whole assembly with barbarous rites and strange forms of oath.”

Kevin
      Participant

I’m also seeing it as someone who doesn’t really know what they’re doing with the paintings. It’s a different person and they’ve incorporated elements they’ve seen in the past. The Lust logo is there, but much more prominent. The painting isn’t the style we’ve been getting recently. It’s cropped, but things haven’t been cropped out for a while. There’s a quote, but it’s from Dr. Seuss. It’s what we’re used to, but it’s all just slightly off.

Cara
      Participant

It almost feels like we’re being mocked.

Cristen
      Participant

Need to note here that Rembrandts painting is the men at the table with the swords in the background of this painting, which is Gustav IIIs Visit to the Royal Academy of Arts by Elias Martin. So it’s worth discussing why the Lust logo is on the Claudius scene, being observed by the characters in the foreground.

Violet
      Participant

@chrysalis359 THAT’S what I couldn’t put my finger on!! Yes, it absolutely does.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar