FB post 8/23

This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Violet
      Participant

fb image

“There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things we don’t know yet.” – Ambrose Bierce

Violet
      Participant

So maybe we need to start looking at what we already THINK we know, and put a new perspective on it?

Jackie
      Participant

@erisbonn
      Or maybe we get the origin stories; the things that made them the people of yesterday and the ‘monsters’ of today. Hopefully with less puppy killing. #BOOHorace

Cristen
      Participant

@erisbonn definitely! We’ve been seeing themes of evolution, future humans, and even references to an old and new version of the Book of Anoch. It’s inevitable that what we think we understand is always changing. Everything’s a grey area. Even believeing you know what’s happening ensures that you don’t.

Kevin
      Participant

I was looking for more context for the quote and just typed in the first part, which actually pulls up a verse from Ecclesiastes:

What has been is what will be,
      and what has been done is what will be done,
      and there is nothing new under the sun.

It dovetails fairly nicely with Ambrose Bierce’s quote as well. There are lots of things we don’t know, but maybe someone knew them before. We’ll learn them again and at some point they’ll disappear again for someone else to find them.

Violet
      Participant

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Megan
      Participant

So there ARE a Final Five.

Anonymous
      Inactive

So say we all.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

This quote and it’s full context works well alongside Horace’s little morning speech about everything being predetermined, and that we should just lie back and accept it.

Violet
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Yesssss!! I forgot about that!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Horace: I see… And this is my question: Why would you care? Isn’t it just easier this way? I’m not just talking about my son Hannah. I’m talking about you, all of you. It would be much easier if you would all realize that your actions simply don’t matter. You have NO POWER AND YOU NEVER WILL. Why would anyone want the burden of choice and responsibility anyways when you can enjoy your television? We’ve made it almost as good as the movies. Why even leave the house? Enjoy all of your distractions and your delicious high fructose corn syrup. Stop and just give into the sweet embrace of our arms.

@meghanmayhem
      I think you hit the bullseye with that reference… What Horace said aligns exactly with this quote. They will always be one step ahead of us and it would be easier for us to just let go and give into the fall. This kind of manipulation and condescending strategy only fuels my fire, as I’m sure it does with a lot of you as well. There’s always a mistake, we just have to find it 🙂

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar