FB Post 8/21

This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Drew Huntley.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

photo chapter 4.jpg

New post on Eclipse day. Please discuss below.

Jackie
      Participant

Ironic or planned. I’m going with planned. Love it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

My perception of the quote is that a person who has achieved true enlightenment can perceive everything around them with equal measure, including what we would consider darkness or evil. Their mind is open to all things and, in a way, there is no fear.

Or the orgs want us to blind ourselves while looking in the sun because that’d be fun. I’m joking, but thought I’d throw that out there.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Every inspirational quote posting armchair activist asshole on Facebook would have you believe that enlightenment comes from sunbeams and flower paths and holding hands by streams of magical fucking carps made of glitter.

True enlightenment is seeing and really understanding. Good, bad, beautiful, ugly, happiness, sadness. All.

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Cristen
      Participant

Agreed @mamatato, it definitely plays into themes of embracing a shadow self per earlier chapters. Maybe this references a whole overall picture that’s going to become clearer to us soon. Dusk is encroaching with the Eclipse, after all.

I also love this other quote from Kazantsakis that seems relevant here:

“By believing passionately in that which doesn’t exist, you create it. That which has not been sufficiently desired is what we call the non-existent.”

(Also: preach, @meghanmayhem. Let’s take it all in.)

Mike
      Participant

“Only by removing your ability to see will you truly gain his vision”

So that quote and the Facebook quote…it’s obvious what’s going on. Anoch wants us to stare into the eclipse to see the darkness and get…enlightenment. Our search for it is over!

Right? RIGHT??

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Lots of stuff to mine in quote’s author:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikos_Kazantzakis

Wrote a ton on spirituality, existentialism, and religion, including LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST.

NINE nominations for Nobel Prizes for Literature.

Drew Huntley
      Participant

Since it hasn’t been posted yet, the Painting is Adolph Gottlieb’s “Orb.”
      Don’t have much time to look into the artist further at the moment, but here is his Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Gottlieb

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar