FB Post – 8/01

Tagged: ,

This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Maranda.

• Author
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Posted by The Lust Experience on Tuesday, August 1, 2017

“Power without abuse loses its charm” -Paul Valery
      Anyone able to identify the painting? It looks like pure chaos.

So this of course leaves the question, who is (or who is about to) abuse their power?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Kevin
      Participant

The painting is Dynamic Decomposition by Umberto Boccioni. This marks the third image in a row from Boccioni and I’m pretty sure he’s the only artist to have been repeated, even a second time, out of all of the images we’ve seen.

Cristen
      Participant

They did also repeat paintings by David in chapter one, if I recall correctly. David as a preeminent representative of now-classical and now Boccioni, a defacto leader of Futurist art. His paintings would most accurately depict the ideals of the movement.

Kortney
      Participant

“Power without abuse loses it’s charm”

People suspect this means Noah, but I think it’s talking about Horace.
      Sure, Noah says shit that’s “mean” but Horace has proven himself to be the definition of abusive when it comes to Noah.

From @meghanmayhem Call with Horace

He told a story about when Noah was a child, once a month they would take his favorite toy from him and put it in the fire and watch it burn.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are there any other potential players that we could guess might abuse their power? Aside from Noah and Horace?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mamatato Literally all of them. Anyone with power. Give US power and we have the potential to abuse it.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Morgan, perchance?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@meghanmayhem Copy.

@bruinbown
      I was thinking since he has reemerged that he would be a possibility.

This quote can also be a blanket statement for the factions that have already been formed. It’s very much a broad statement of sorts.

Maranda
      Participant

I read this quote more along the lines of “people are attracted to power because of the things they can do for themselves with it.” People want all of the benefits, but none of the responsibility to use it properly. It is the birth of all corruption.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar