FB Post 7/26 – Song "Poor little rich boy"

This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Megan.

• Author
       Chris
      Participant

@coryphella It sounds like someone wants yout attention…

George Jones – Poor Little Rich Boy

Poor little rich boy ain’t got nothin’ but lots and lots of money
      Poor little rich boy don’t take nothin’ but some sad poor boys honey
      Got to run all day with his fancy clothes and a big long limosine
      Poor little rich boy ain’t got nothin’ but everything.

(Poor little rich boy, poor little rich boy)

Now there’s an old saying I used to hear keeps a-running through my mind
      How a baby boy born with a silver spoon was in for a mighty bad time
      Pity the rich kid I’ve always heard, I can’t for the life of me.
      While he’s a-wading in a pool of riches I’m sinking in poverty.

Poor little rich boy ain’t got nothin’ but lots and lots of money
      Poor little rich boy don’t take nothin’ but some sad poor boys honey
      Got to run all day with his fancy clothes and a big long limosine
      Poor little rich boy ain’t got nothin’ but everything.

I work and sweat and played all day but what good did it do
      That I wasn’t thinking of you
      ‘Cause a poor boys chances are mighty slim cause when I got into town
      I walked by your house and saw your porch light burnin’ and I knew who’d been around.

(Poor little rich boy, poor little rich boy.)

Chris
      Participant

And @coryphella, after reading the “transcription” (or script?) of your call, maybe all this thing about you loosing/taking control was a twisted interpretation of all we were talking in Slack in “newusers”? You did say you wanted to get fuck it (by the experience) hard, you wanted to forget it was a play/game or whatever and be scared. You woukd have to let go of the wip for it…

Megan
      Participant

I’m not sure I understand the song (I’m not great with metaphors). But the phone call I understood pretty quickly, believe me.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Megan.
       Chris
      Participant

Didnt thought the song madr much sense either, was hoping it would for you… 🙁

Sage
      Participant

To me it seems like it’s literally a reference to Noah and his “success” OR Noah is mocking us as possibly complaining or crying when we shouldn’t be, “poor little rich boy”, is a sarcastic saying?

Cassandra
      Participant

I’m gonna guess that the song Poor Little Rich Boy is referencing Noah seemingly feeling bad for himself as of late (if he was being honest in one of his phone calls about being sick of being Noah Sinclair). We’ve been talking about shadow selves and the concept of “duality” and there have been a lot of Facebook posts referencing different versions of “selves”. Maybe Noah’s shadow self is someone insecure and self-questioning. Anyway that’s just my guess. That maybe the song is an attempt to give us some insight into Noah’s inner character and round him out as a person to us. Or it could totally be an attempt to manipulate us and throw us off.

Cristen
      Participant

@cass this is a good point. I’d also add that it’s a tongue-in-cheek nod to the fact that many of us would like to see the good in Noah, or to pity him as if he’s stuck in a situation that he needs to fight his way out of. I don’t think Noah really has a side in this “war” besides his own; he just wants us to choose so he can watch everything burn and pick up a fallen crown from the ashes.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@cass I think you’re right. Noah hates himself for what he’s allowed himself to become.

Megan
      Participant

Wow noah and I have two things in common

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar