FB Post – 7/25

This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Kortney
      Participant

Quote –
      “Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately.” – Andy Stanley

Original Picture –

Wyndham Lewis, “Composition,” 1913.

Description

In 1914 Wyndham Lewis and the American poet and critic Ezra Pound launched Vorticism with the first edition of ‘BLAST’. Vorticism embraced the modern world with gusto. Lewis used ‘BLAST’ as a vehicle for his ‘attack on traditional harmony’. Through its pages he poured scorn on the taste of polite society. This composition was among the first works by Lewis to suggest the architectural and mechanistic rhythm of urban life using a distinctive abstract style. Vorticism challenged French Cubism and Italian Futurism, although its sharp-angled depiction of fragmented space owed a debt to these movements. However, Vorticism focused on the idea of the ‘Vortex’, the still centre where creative energy is most intense.

I wanted to point out that these past few paintings/art pieces have been more futurism, and our star of this chapter is Noah- who is the future/new testament.

Also, this quote. Publicly announce your sides, guys.

Cristen
      Participant

Leverage for whom, though? I almost read that as your public declaration of loyalty give power to those you’ve declared it for. But, as we well know, much of this experience is about gaining personal power by relinquishing it and being remade, I suppose.

That said, go ahead and come for me, OSDM. I’m here.

Stanley also had another interesting quote:

“Purpose is a means to an end. Most people want to be the something, the end. It’s hard to be the reason for something. Purpose is always found just across the border from what’s in it for me.”

Joyce/OSDM asked what’s in it for her when she was looking for people to meet, too. Don’t lose sight that your reason for doing something may very well be what you stand to gain from it. And don’t be afraid to admit it.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Slow down there, McQueen. LUST is known for taking quotes out of context.

The quote is from the book “The 360 Degree Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization”

Read the Publisher’s Weekly review. Does this sound like Noah or The System? It does not.

“The plight of the middle manager, saddled with responsibilities but lacking real power, torn by conflicting tasks and time-management dilemmas, seething with thwarted ambition…Maxwell tells middle managers to work diligently in subordinate positions, support the CEO’s vision, find the good in incompetent or malevolent leaders, infiltrate their bosses’ emotional lives and “stand up for your leader whenever you can.” They can thus exert an unsung but crucial “influence” over higherups, while themselves practicing a higher, sublimated form of leadership by selflessly nurturing the potential of their own colleagues and underlings”

So first, I think this alludes to what Noah is really up to with Daddy Dearest.

Next, when you look at the quote from the book, which is followed by, “If you earn your leader’s trust over time by giving him public support, then you will gain change [currency] with him privately”.

In other words, be a public kiss-ass.

To which I say, “This is not only stupid, it’s self-defeating, and wrong”.
      Well, right for Noah, but not for me.

Never announce your loyalty publicly! HO– USE OF CARDS demonstrates this!

When you announce your loyalty publicly, that information can be used against you privately.

That’s why I’ve never made any such announcement and publicly remained a Ronin. Flexibility. Control over my own destiny. Only I know my own _path, my own agenda, and that’s the way it will remain. I will work with whomever provides me with something that furthers my own endgame.

Remember: being an unknown makes you a formidable foe.

Cristen
      Participant

…are you calling me McQueen?
      I literally said “your public declaration of loyalty gives power to those you’ve declared it for.” As in, we agree with each other, here. I just chose to not see a potential release of control as a negative journey, at this time.

I hope your path is a prosperous one, too, @larry.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Oh. I must’ve read it wrong. Cuz I’m drunk.

You knows I loves you @wanda102

Cristen
      Participant

your public declaration of affection only gives me more power, @larry. ❤

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

….

Damn it

….

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar