FB Post 6/6

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Meghan Mayhem 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Buz Wallick 

FB lust Pic

The quote is from a book called Metapolitics by Alain Badiou.

And the larger photo is this totally not foreboding painting.

Metal af

Cristen 
    Participant

Rosa made this painting, “Human Frailty,” after a plague in Naples wiped out most of his family. There is a lot of imagery here to pick art.

I’ll start with what the Angel of Death is guiding the child (the image of Rosa’s dead son) to write:

“Conceptio Culpa, Nasci Pena, Labor Vita, Necesse Mori”

or
    “Conception is a sin, Birth is pain, Life is toil, Death a necessity.”

This combined with the many “mementos mori” shown throughout, paints an overall image that to be human is to exist on a mortal coil.

The soul is immortal, we’ve seen this in all our Socratic dialogues, but humans are frail. They live. They ache. They die.

This is extraordinarily dark. It’s intentional.

Candace 
    Participant

@wanda102 thank you. After seeing the shocking 😱 uncropped reveal on fb right now I couldn’t wait to hear the backstory. This painting is DARK! Now that I know about the artist and why he painted it it makes sense why I feel so much pain in it. It’s sad. It feels like depression depicted in paint.😔 Everyone you love will die..

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Candace.
     Hannah Schenck 
    Participant

Just seeing the cropped picture of the woman and then the bigger picture of her as a mother, paired with the recent threads talking about Horath, I am wondering if this is hinting or foreshadowing that we will be finding out who Noah’s mother is soon.

Perhaps there is a metaphorical plague happening that will wipe us out

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

@shankfx22

Perhaps there is a metaphorical plague happening that will wipe us out

Didn’t Kristen refer to the iConfidants as a virus?

Tim 
    Participant

Ooooh, and for my first post-I happen to be on holiday in Naples right now (well, Sorrento…A day in Naples calls on Friday).

Hard to know where to get started with Lust for a newcomer-would welcome any tips!

Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar