FB Post 6/28 – Only one, 7/02

This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Michael Rizzo.

• Author
       Sean

Facebook post:

only one 7/02
      this friday,
      pay attention,
      prepare,
      secure your place

Now does that mean only one is being invited to the event or only one will be selected with more later?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Edit: @nothenrygale is probably right about this one.

OSDM has an open invitation to come over and meet our dinosaurs and taxidermy. Wanna pwn a couple of infosec professionals? We’ll give you a head start…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

My interpretation is only one is being selected on Friday for something on 7/02. It says “Secure your place” rather than “secure the place”

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Secure your place…

Does that mean secure your home, or does that mean secure your place for Friday?

Briana
        Participant

Secure your place…

Does that mean secure your home, or does that mean secure your place for Friday?

@bruinbown
        oh man, my new apartment is so cute! I’d happily secure my place to open up to them. wait- that’s an oxymoron. I mean, Morgan “secured his place” and they still got in. Either way, do they need my address? jk

111error
        Participant

@brianamatopoeia Yeaaaah, and let’s not forget that you need a key fob to get into the building, then you need that same key fob to enter the elevator. After that, picking a door isn’t so hard.

Jackie
      Participant

I think it means friday, a special event brite notice halpens, with limited (first come/first served) mentality

David R.
      Participant

Can always hope for both, @bruinbown.

Addison
      Participant

Could “only one” also mean only “The One”?

Pay attention / prepare – could something be changing here on the site that could be solved and open whatever the thing is?

Megan
      Participant

On Friday someone will be selected for an event on 7/2 – for a second I thought it meant the event was Friday. I’m flying to Los Angeles *tomorrow* for a wedding and was like I CAN SKIP THE WEDDING.

Brian E
      Participant

This is interesting, when I first saw it I thought it meant only one person, and the more I think about it I don’t actually think that’s the only one.

Could it be only one faction/group/family? Only one could maybe be a person or character we’ve met or have yet to meet. From the past experiences, things are often not what they seem and we are always surprised by the outcome, like when Sabrina showed up at the Iconfidant meet up, I think that there is something deeper here.

Briana
      Participant

ooooh, this sounds so ominous.

Lukas L
      Participant

I would like to think “seure your place” is an intentional double entendre as well as only one. I thought the same thing @addisonborn did when I read that!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hmm…

It would seem either

A) We will be given a task and will be forced to compete for that singular slot.
      B) We are supposed to choose amongst us who will go.

I’m somewhat leaning towards B as that is something they tend to like to study from us.

But who knows. This is one of those things where we will need a nudge on.

Adina Cohen
      Participant

Oooooooh cool.

Being that I’m still practically a lurker. I don’t think it’ll be me. But I’m still excited!

Hearing about how everything goes down is always fascinating.

I think everyone will have to decide. Or they open the event bite and sell literally one ticket. XD

Sean

I’d be pretty surprised if they do it first-come-first-served. That’s not normally their M.O.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I nominate Confused Andy.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I’d put my money on a first come first serve idea. The fact it said “pay attention” makes me think it’ll be an event Brite link posted on FB as @theladyj guessed. When it came to choosing someone, it usually just says only one, “secure your place” makes me think it’ll be completely up to whoever snags it first.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar