FB Post – 6/21

This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Cristen.

• Author
       Kortney
      Participant

Quote –
      “I believe everything until it’s disapproved” – John Lennon

Painting is ‘Garden of the Hesperides’ by Frederic Leighton

Painting, Original –

More info on painting –
      “Hesperides were guardians of the tree that produced golden apples, a gift to earth from Hera”
      Made in 1892, oil on canvas.

Kortney
      Participant

The quote kind of worries me. Seems like a bad way to go through life.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I mean maybe this picture paired with the quote is referencing believing everything until is it disproved could be a disadvantage. Initial gut instinct should be trusted more than waiting for the truth to be proven true? I just find it interesting that this person seems to be trusting this snake that seems to be getting ready to strike

Megan
      Participant

Do we have a google doc of the artwork/statues/paintings they’ve posted?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I agree @kortneydarling. Being open to new things is one thing, blindly accepting everything that isn’t outright disproven can set you up for failure. Does this mean we’re taking something at face value when we should be looking deeper?

Cristen
      Participant

@coryphella I’ve got Ch 1 loaded HERE

Also this painting is as @kortneydarling said the Garden of Hesperides. The Hesperides are the nymphs tasked with guarding the Golden Apples in Hera’s orchard. But nymphs are known for just taking what they want, and would often pick apples for themselves. So Hera placed a hundred eyed dragon to keep watch over them, named Ladon.

Ladon never sleeps. He watches.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar