FB Post 5/25/17-Metamorphosis

This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Yael.

• Author
       Cristen
      Participant

Sort of icy but mostly friendly myth fan here with a quick one about today’s painting. 

Ferdinand Bol “Venus and Adonis.”
      This is a short story from Ovid’s Metamorphosis.

The Goddess Venus falls for a sexy young huntsman, Adonis, then has a premonition that he’ll die in a hunting accident. When he’s next about to depart for a hunt, she begs him not to go, and he ignores her. He’s killed by a wild boar.

The story is popular because it speaks to the reckless abandon of youth and how Adonis’ bravado and unwillingness to trust and listen to Venus cost him his life.

I’d say we should look out for advice coming our way and consider it carefully. And @thebuz, this painting paired with that Plath quote? I’d keep an eye on your confidant to see if she’s trying to tell you something beyond simple flirtation.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I honestly don’t know what she could be trying to tell me… though she did straight up tell me early on that she was a heartbreaker.

Here’s the photo from the FB post for reference.

Boobs

Lia
      Participant

Awesome file name, @thebuz.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@lilmsfancpants You’d be shocked how often I hide funny things in pictures I post.

Candace
      Participant

@wanda102 thanks for breaking that down! Helps me understand things so much better when you do these 🙂 even though I never have anything smart to add lol know that you are appreciated! ???

Cristen
      Participant

Maybe she’s telling you in an unorthodox way to guard your heart from the forces that are coming to break it.

Cristen
      Participant

@pandace88 ☺️ it’s about time I put the Lit Studies and Greco Roman myth concentration to use.

Kortney
      Participant

Not gonna lie, when I saw the picture on the facebook I thought his finger was in her mouth and got excited- only to be disappointed when I took more than 2 seconds to look at it.

Side note, so this isn’t just a weird comment. There’s a massive MASSIVE trope throughout time where women are essentially “the guide” or the people who warn the men to not do stupid shit, and then they end up doing it anyways. Essentially not heeding the warning of the women. Your explanation ties into that, and I feel like this also plays into the events that have previously happened with Lust, but we haven’t found out if the warnings have any truth yet.

Cara
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants You beat me to it! Hahaha

Yael
      Participant

I could take lessons on here @wanda102 So keep them coming

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar