FB Post 5/22/17

This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Sean.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

“In order to rise from its own ashes, a Phoenix must first burn.”

^discuss please. I’d rather have you guys discuss than have me write up a detailed scholarly analysis…because mythos is my jam…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Wait… what if I want to read your detailed scholarly analysis?

Cristen
      Participant

Girl let’s talk about birth from flames let’s do it.

Also, and I posted this on the photo itself too regarding the painting, but I’ll reiterate it here for organization. The painting is Hubert Robert “Fire of Rome, 18 July 64AD.” The Great Fire of Rome was either started by Emperor Nero or he made a noble attempt to quell it and save those displaced, depending on the historical source. This leads back to Nero’s brutal reputation being so well-ingrained in the minds of the people that, even if he HAD tried to save his city in its time of need, no one believed him.

Does it all sound familiar? I’m not even thinking of just Noah as the bad-guy-turned-good-guy that no one trusts. If you take it farther, pair it with the Phoenix from the flames and the burning something down to be reborn imagery, what if the reborn/rebranded thing here is the OSDM? Admittedly I haven’t encountered them the way many of you have, but Michelle was trying to warn @thebuz about something, right? Our instinct is not to trust her because of her past. To not expect her to be the one trying to put out the flames. Maybe we should take her more seriously…before we’re the ones who get burned.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Pair this back with the “boy who cried wolf” theme from early on, what if the “boy” is certain members of the OSDM? They’ve cried wolf so many times (thinking back to Michelle’s “more bullshit lies and propaganda” mention from the book release party) that when we actually DO get the truth, we’re no longer believing it.

More than ever, we need to take a critical eye to any information we’re given. That includes information given to us by potentially untrustworthy sources. That shouldn’t just be thrown out simply due to who it’s coming from, it should be given as much scrutiny and verification as information we get from other “trustworthy” sources.

Don’t fall into the “genetic fallacy”, even untrustworthy people can provide truth at some points.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

Chris
      Participant

It’s obviously a very common metaphor, but a speech by a certain Old Suit Guy whose bloodline is still unconfirmed was the first thing that came to mind:

“Tonight this fire destroys not what we are, but simply burns away all that we are not. You can leave now, and wait for the phoenix to rise for those among you who are wealthy.. worthy.”

Interesting to have a quote that is close to something someone involved has actually said for once.

Cristen
      Participant

@nothenrygale “It pays to be inquisitive.”

@macbethinabathtub
      spot on. Interesting to note that today’s quote and photo accompaniment seem more closely linked to each other than any of the others, as well. Are threads beginning to come together?

Megan
      Participant

Two thoughts on this as I sit in an airport in St. Louis…

My first thought when I saw the post on FB was that it was a reference to Otis – that he was somehow the phoenix, or a sacrifice in some way.

My second thought, upon reading the above posts by @nothenrygale, @wanda102, and @macbethinabathtub, is that we should perhaps be questioning who Otis is/has been this whole time.

David Shields
      Participant

Do we know if anyone has been “burned” (made not trust worthy or made to be doubted) because in spy lingo if you are burned than you cant be used anymore, you have been shut out of the loop, or you are a double agent. So would anyone match that, and that they should be trusted? could it be noah who was burned by someone (who is shutting noah out? I honestly don’t quite understand that) and who will be coming back?

Sorry I am asking more questions than answers but I am brand new and still getting to know this system. 🙂
      Thanks,
      Parz

Megan
      Participant

Do we know if anyone has been “burned” (made not trust worthy or made to be doubted) because in spy lingo if you are burned than you cant be used anymore, you have been shut out of the loop, or you are a double agent. So would anyone match that, and that they should be trusted?

@thegilded
      – I am being SO GOOD HERE. I just want you to know that. SO. GOOD.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella -hands ze Megan a cookie for being good-

@nothenrygale
      , don’t encourage my giant analysis. I have transcription and work to do today and don’t want to accidentally pull an all-nighter writing an analytical scholarly essay on the phoenix (cause I fucking will…I have no life).

If anyone actually wants me to sit and write for a bit (who is not Brad), let me know. I can write up my thoughts, which there are many, after I finish my Pirates work.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@wanda102 Yes, this is a theory that I had spoken with in depth in the past with a few people and did some pretty extensive research on due to some down time waiting on that burner phone to ring a couple weeks ago (still waiting. *cough*).
      I noticed that the burner phone had a specific amount of minutes and time loaded into it. “___ days left” it would say. I counted down the days out of curiosity and found that the burner minutes end on July 18th.
      I looked into historical events on that day and what did I find? July 18th 64AD was the day the Great Fires of Rome began.

The Great Fires of Rome in this instance are incredible notable because as we all know, Nero was a total dick. When the fires raged through the town for 6 days and destroyed everything, there are 3 versions of what people claim Nero’s position in it all was.
      -He started the fires for the fuck of it, and watched the town burn from his window while playing his lyre.
      -He was out of town at the time, and the Mongols did it (I mean, that *is* kinda their thing after all)
      -He was out of town and the Christians did it. Fuck those guys. Let’s get ’em. (This theory is what helped kick the persecution of the Christians into high gear)

History also states that Nero supposedly actively tried to help starve the fires and afterwards collected supplies to help the people of the town who’d been affected. No one believed him and trusted him because…yeah, that guy is a giant dick (and his father was a giant dick too.)

But it is interesting to not that the one time Nero tried not to be a dick and help people, no one believed he would do such a thing.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       Cristen
      Participant

@meghanmayhem adds a lot more important detail to this idea, especially the sins of the father being revisited on Nero (Noah?), the son.

Can you rebrand such a complete and utter dick? He’s got fans in some corners, for sure.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@wanda102 Yes, Nero’s father was a giant dick and it almost seemed like Nero became one in order to try and live up to his father’s image. When his father died, he basically made his palace a memorial to his father.
      And Nero’s dad was a priiiiicckkkk. He cheated, stole, lied, had people murdered for fun.
      When Nero was born, his father would tell anyone who’d listen that Nero was going to grow up to be the worst. Like, the actual worst. Not as in “He will be a powerful warrior and blahblah”. No, Nero’s dad told people that Nero was going to grow up to have a “detestable nature and become a public danger”

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

That’s crazy the burner phone expires on that day. Noah has plans, and they’ve been in motion for some time.

Megan
      Participant

Nero…Noah…
      Interesting research…great work, @meghanmayhem. I love shit that connects like that. 🙂

David Shields
      Participant

@meghanmayhem what is the story behind that burner you where talking about? and who is @meghan-mayhem?

(brand new here and still trying to catch up on the story, thanks for everyone welcoming me in)

Sean

@parzival – So there are three accounts that may be causing some confusion.

1. @meghanmayhem – Real name Meghan – posted about Nero’s father being a dick
      2. @coryphella – Real name Megan – posted the “burned” comment”
      3. @meghan-mayhem – Not a real person. During an earlier plot point there were “shadow people”, fake accounts make by someone to mimic real users. This is one of them

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Sean.
       Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@parzival Detailed information about the burner and @meghan-mayhem (along with a TON of other relevant information) can be found in the extensive recaps provided here: https://thelustexperience.com/forums/topic/new-members-start-here

Long story short, Noah has a direct line to me when he needs me, and that other account is my Shadow Self that popped up a couple months ago to try to shame me.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       David Shields
      Participant

@thegilded I posted this

“Do we know if anyone has been “burned” (made not trust worthy or made to be doubted) because in spy lingo if you are burned than you cant be used anymore, you have been shut out of the loop, or you are a double agent. So would anyone match that, and that they should be trusted?”

Sean

Not as far as I know during Lust. During Tension there were some allegiance issues with people swapping between factions and sides and such but I don’t believe anyone has gotten formally burned that way in Lust… yet.

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar