Facebook Post – 7/28

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Chelsea.

• Author
       Chelsea
      Participant

“He began to dance and his laughter became a bloodthirsty snarling.” – William Golding, Lord of the Flies.

(I’ll let someone with more tech skills than I throw the actual photo up.)

At this point of Lord of the Flies, Jack, Roger and a couple of others go out to hunt for a pig after getting really pissed off that they had been eating only rotting fruit. They bring the pig back to where Ralph, the elected leader after leadership was taken away from Jack, is furious about the fire going out. Jack and the hunters are covered in camouflage paint, and Jack is wearing a mask. I remember this moment as the first sign that things are changing. The kids, specifically Jack, are no longer who they were when they got to the island.

This is the first moment of a real power struggle between Jack and Ralph. Ralph was elected by the group to be the leader after Jack fucked up. Jack didn’t like this. This is the point in the book when Jack starts acting out against the leadership that overtook him, causing problems, and escalates from harassment to abuse. Jack is trying to lead with force. Ralph is trying to lead with reason. They are unable to understand each other and things go very south, very quickly, from here.

This all, uh… sounds very familiar. Spoiler alert – only three people die in this book. And they aren’t Jack or Ralph.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar