Email reply from Cecilia Sinclair

This topic has 46 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by Tim Redman.

• Author
       Tim Redman
      Participant

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Tim Redman <timmyred@gmail.com> wrote:
      Can I buy u a piece of pie somewhere?

On Dec 12, 2017, at 10:53 PM, Cecilia Sinclair <ceciliatsinclair@gmail.com> wrote:

That would be positively delightful Mr .Redman! I would love nothing more than to grab a nice piece of delicious strawberry pie with you, What particular type of pie do you enjoy?

Perhaps we could meet around the lunch hour, House of Pies on Vermont?

I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time. I was just wondering to myself if there could possibly be a better idea in the universe than meeting a completely insignificant shell of a man and being forced to listen to what I can only imagine will be non-stop blather about your miserable children, sad sack hobbies and your meaningless, dead-end occupation.

Ultimately a swing and a miss Tiny Tim but I do appreciate your gumption. Of course, not enough to not completely forget about you the second I hit send, but at least you have that dear. Good for you.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So…. there’s def more to the story from this morning then.

Lia
      Participant

Dis tew much, @timsmyname.

Cecilia sounds… nice. I think we’re all going to LOVE getting to know her.

Also…How did you get her email?

Tim Redman
        Participant

Cecilia was CC’ed on a cease and desist email sent by Timothy G.

superstar
        Participant

Cecilia was CC’ed on a cease and desist email sent by Timothy G

Maybe I missed this, but any chance you know who Granik sent the cease-and-desist to, @timsmyname?

Tim Redman
        Participant

the email was to me regarding the Sabrina text chain between Noah and Mason that was inadvertently sent to me.

Unseen Presence
      Participant

Terse. Cold. Strong. Sharp sense of humor.

Cecilia would be one hell of an enemy, or an incredible force to be reckoned with, based on that email.

Cara
      Participant

Exactly what prompted this exchange, @timsmyname? You’re certainly quite the man of mystery today.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

There’s something positively Joyce-ean about this response.

I like Cecilia already.

Kevin
      Participant

@bcbishop Ha! I was just about to say that it looks like Joyce may have trained at Cecilia Sinclair’s School of Snark.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

It felt like Dickens’ satire-style to me, but they are a close equivalent.

And yes, I think I may like her, too. If Cecilia turns out to be one of the OSDM’s leaders, I may have to re-think any negative opinions regarding the organization. Anyone with that level of ability in turning a phrase may be able to persuade me.

Kevin
      Participant

As far as explanations go, earlier today @wanda102 said, “I figure he got a scary email maybe telling him to take it down, maybe it’s from her, maybe she’s CC’d, so he figures ooh that’s new info worth sharing and agrees to clam up to OSDM but sneaks the info out anyways to be clever.”

I just reposted that into Slack and Tim responded with a finger pointing up, so make of that what you will.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Kevin.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I am struck by the similarity in tone between Mrs. Sinclair and her son.

Indeed, if I didn’t’ know better, I’d say she sounds positively…regal.

Alternatively, she speaks as a Goddess might, in the presence of one who is unworthy.

One might even say “belittling”.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

She certainly comes across as well-educated, at the least.

There’s a lot of us impressed, clearly.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I’m not sure if “impressed” is the proper word, @unseenpresence.

“Awe-struck” might be more appropriate. Mrs. Sinclair is no ordinary woman, I suspect.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I meeeeean, I hate to say it, but the general vibe of most of the women in this universe is terse bitch. As a terse bitch I am amused but…i am so sorry for the rest of you. We are difficult to swallow.

Unseen Presence
      Participant

I meant ‘impressed’ in your way of thinking, @larry, although I, myself, am actually ALSO impressed in the general sense. I truly appreciate a good written email.

I also don’t find her ‘terse’, actually. I find her words very specifically chosen and no shorter, no more abrupt than necessary. Perhaps the rest of the women in this universe are equally so–but this is the first I’ve seen that’s struck me this exact way.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@unseenpresence Just FYI, you tagged the Shadow version of me. I’m just @larry. 🙂

Blondie
      Participant

I love how whenever we encounter well-spoken people, there is always a suggestion that they might be British ? However, I do enjoy Mother Sinclair’s sass. Glad she is finally stepping out of the shadows, whatever that may mean…

Mike
      Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a ” Mike’s Crazy Theory™ “, but this email sparked a memory.

Back in April of this year, @mkarrett, @rizzzoooooo, and I met with Otis….at House of Pies. He ordered….a slice of strawberry cream pie. Are these specific points in the email just a coincidence, or is it more?

Sometimes, I’ll listen to something, eat something, or smell a smell that will remind me of someone I care about and love. Could Mrs. Sinclair be doing this because (and here’s my crazy theory)…..Otis is Noah’s real dad?

What if
      – Cecilia and Horace were an arranged marriage?
      – Cecilia wasn’t down for being “forced” into this?
      – Cecilia was possibly dating/in love with a man prior to this?
      – that man was Otis?
      – Cecilia and Otis got together, but knew it couldn’t last?
      – Cecilia got pregnant by Otis, but due to fear of being killed (or worse, kill the baby), she let Horace believe it was his and raised him believing that?

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

See, the problem now @mike is that I can’t tell if this is an exposition dump, or just another Wild Mike Theory. Without knowing your exact motivations at the moment, things get a bit… dicey.

Mrs. Sinclair being a lover of Otis’ feels like a bit of a leap given what we’ve learned thus far, but it would certainly echo the basic relationship and power dynamic that we saw with Noah (Sarah being the one behind the scenes that really called the shots [until she suddenly didn’t], and who was also potentially having an affair with Granik).

It definitely signals a connection though. We shouldn’t forget that John is the man who “played” Otis, however – meaning that the interactions with “Otis” were scripted, and likely fictional creations. Meaning that the place he picked, the things he ordered, and the things he said may not have been his own decisions at all.

Which has me wondering… Is Cecilia not just the “real Big Bad.” Is she actually the real story architect behind what we’ve been experiencing? If this is Westworld (@larry, do NOT take this bait or I will cut you), is Cecilia our Anthony Hopkins?

Mike
        Participant

@bcbishop – So cynical you are nowadays. I want what you want, to know the answers. To know the truth. To have Episode VIII be better than VII.

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

@mike “Nowadays”?

Robert Fuller
      Participant

@mike Did Otis suggest the restaurant? Had he been there before? Did he say anything about it being a favorite restaurant?

Robert Fuller
      Participant

As for Cecilia, I already hate her. I hate the bitchy condescending type, especially when they’re not even particularly clever about it. I’m not impressed with her abilities as a wordsmith. She also missed a few commas, so she has no reason to talk down to anyone.

Mike
      Participant

@remrelganaps – It was definitely his idea. I don’t know for sure, but it seemed like he had been there before and that he really liked it there. Also, that was the first time he dropped that his “real” name is “John”. Maybe being there triggered a memory of his past.

Here’s the link for that day – https://thelustexperience.com/forums/topic/otis-hangout-42717/

Shaun
      Participant

@mike I love the Crazy Theory but is it just coincidence that Tim is the one that brought up pies to begin with?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop Hold on, I’m trying to find a relevant clip…

Cecilia may very well be the The Boss. But I’m more intrigued by the idea that she is Horace’s wife aka Hathor and the Big Boss is the person we least expect.

Edward Norton.

No, I mean, how he faked being a slow-witted employee in THE SCORE.

What if Otis was, in fact, The Boss?

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

@larry But I’m more intrigued by the idea that she is Horace’s wife aka Hathor and the Big Boss is the person we least expect.

While I appreciate you plugging your latest theory, I don’t find this to be the most intriguing idea at all. TBH, I find we indulge our worst kind of navel-gazing when we look for answers by assuming this world is literally copying something else. That’s not what the story architects at OSDM (or CeciliaCorp or whatever) are doing. We can use Westworld as shorthand for discussing certain ideas, or take a reference as a clue or thematic nod, but the entities we are dealing with are real, and of their own minds. They are not this shallow. Looking to other history or fiction to give us answers, a sense of control, and to save us is folly. And I imagine it will be all-too-irrelevant the moment we step inside the doors of the “OSDM”.

Megan
      Participant

@mike – does this mean you’re back? can we talk?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop Oh, don’t misunderstand. I’m not saying there’s a direct copy at all. The architect(s)of this world are far too intelligent and clever for that. I’m merely remarking on a few coincidental thematic parallels. Art imitates life and vice versa. Westworld happened to be on HBO at the same time as Ascension was running and I found thematic similarities which, to me, just suggests the collective unconscious at work, reflecting ourselves in the culture.

Or as someone once said — do we bring something to a work of art and interpret it based on that, or do we find something there? I think it’s both.

superstar
      Participant

@remrelganaps, I couldn’t have said it better myself. Her snarky, condescending attitude sure as hell doesn’t impress me. If she truly has so many more important things to do than waste time with Tim, why even bother sending a reply to his email?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by superstar.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

> why even bother sending a reply to his email?

For the same reason why cats play with their food: it’s amusing while also serving as a display of power.

Megan
        Participant

@kipsie – I can almost guarantee you that’s not why my cats are playing with their food.

superstar
      Participant

Seems to me that only those who feel threatened would feel a need to display power.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@superstar Oh, I’m not saying that she isn’t feeling threatened. I’m saying that she can’t help it.

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

I don’t read her response as threatened at all. It comes off to me like she’s bored — and flicking away @timsmyname just because she can.

For some, power is an end unto itself. Having it, and demonstrating it, doesn’t need to be a reaction. It’s a pleasure in its own right.

Unseen Presence
      Participant

Agreed. I don’t read any feeling of being threatened in her email. I think she’s someone long and well-used to power and was amused at Tim’s email in the same sense that anyone used to power/wealth would be amused. It’s like looking at the poor as you ride through the village in your carriage–if one peasant steps forward to dare to speak to you, you respond in a way that amuses YOU–and reminds them of their place at the same time.

While I’ve never experienced the carriage, I used to spend a great deal of time with people who were enormously wealthy and I’ve seen this sort of response in person many, many times.

superstar
      Participant

To clarify, it’s not what she said in her response that leads me to think she’s threatened. It’s the fact that she deigned to respond at all. It’s a defensive gesture. In my experience, people who feel a need to bully and condescend are generally over-compensating for their own insecurities and choosing to strike first in a defensive attempt to avoid being wounded themselves. Someone who’s secure in their power wouldn’t need to throw their weight around, and would simply ignore Tim’s email.

Unseen Presence
      Participant

That’s the thing, in my experience. They don’t NEED to throw their weight around, but I’ve experienced people who ENJOYED doing it in and of itself. Without any sense of being threatened. After all, sometimes the point of having power/wealth/status is to — USE it. To flex the muscles, as it were.

Is it possible she felt threatened? Certainly. But I’ve personally experienced seeing people with massive, overwhelming levels of wealth and power respond in ways similar to this without any such feeling. That may even be part of why I liked the response as much as I did–because it felt very reminiscent of those days.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

But I’ve personally experienced seeing people with massive, overwhelming levels of wealth and power respond in ways similar to this without any such feeling

Bingo. This is what we should all be aspiring to. Only the weak worry about weakness.

Robert Fuller
        Participant

Bingo. This is what we should all be aspiring to. Only the weak worry about weakness.

No, this is what we should all avoid turning into.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

Hrm. I think that’s one of the choices each of us has to make. Those same people I used to be connected to also did a tremendous amount of good with their wealth and power, but sometimes wielded it merely because it was there. The difference was that they acted without fear or shame in both situations–doing the good and wielding the power when they wished.

Personally, that’s an attribute I wish I could cultivate more effectively.

superstar
      Participant

I’ve experienced people who ENJOYED doing it in and of itself. Without any sense of being threatened. After all, sometimes the point of having power/wealth/status is to — USE it. To flex the muscles, as it were.

Yes. I’ve seen this, too. But, whether or not the “powerful” would agree to or ever admit it, blatant displays of power are merely an attempt by the insecure to make themselves feel important by putting down others. Why pursue “massive, overwhelming levels of wealth and power” except that one feels that what one has is never enough? That, perhaps, oneself is never enough?

Wow. So, we should all be aspiring to be bullies? To try and make others feel insignificant just for fun?

Tim Redman
      Participant

Here are my thoughts. I was not offended by her response. If she actually knew anything about me, she wouldn’t have responded in that way. I asked for a bone and she threw me a bone. I expected either no response or just a plain no.

It may have have sounded brash, but maybe that’s just her way.

There are two things that I’ve noticed about the wealthy and powerful that I know. They rarely carry keys and they spend very little time on email and either write short replies or have their replied handled by staff.

It’s very possible that we will all be her guests this weekend, so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. She may need us. We may need her.

And the pie invite is still there for her.

Russell
        Participant

My, my, my… after a recent encounter I had, all I can think of is that old saying about apples falling from trees…….

@bcbishop
        , I am surprised you sense any Joyce-ness in this new voice. I, personally, did not sense that. Perhaps because my interactions with Joyce ranged from business or interview oriented to a couple of rather fun (almost flirtatious) phone calls. I never saw that tougher side of Joyce, although she did indicate it was there the first time we met.

I find odd the number of voices in this universe that seem to speak as if no one else matters.

One observation I did want to throw out there is related to some of the above reactions to Cecilia’s overall vibe of place/entitlement/status or whatever you want to call it. Some people adapt an air of dismissiveness or condescension when they are confident they have enough power that they don’t need to even consider the consequences of their words or actions.
        Cecilia – to me – simply sounds as if she see herself as untouchable.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

I think you’re very likely right on the money, @russell.

Those with enough power/control/status/wealth quite often do believe they are–or reach a place where they feel they are somewhere along the path up.

In the 21st century, they often ARE untouchable. Steampunk sci-fi has been suggesting this ever-more-yawning imbalance between the TRULY wealthy and the rest of the world for a few decades–and they were right, as the chasm has only widened in the last 17 years.

YThere are occasional blips–powerful brought low by a sudden social spasm. But “brought low” for someone who has to make money to continue to survive is not the same thing as “brought low” by someone who can “step away” from their business and never actually HAVE to work another day to maintain their lifestyle.

Enough control over others (from whatever reason/direction) can actually MAKE you untouchable. Whether or not Cecilia IS such, I agree that she appears to believe she is.

Viewing 30 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar