Email from The Lust Experience – 7/18

This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Shaun.

• Author
       Kevin
      Participant

Looks like an email is going out from The Lust Experience this afternoon that neatly summarizes everything that has gone on so far. It lists the major players and everything they’ve been involved in. Most of it is old info, but it does contain some interesting tidbits.

One of the big ones is a clarification that the OSDM and the Investors are two separate groups (though Horace appears to be the connective tissue running through most things).

It also indicates that last year Jenna was only an actress.

What else have you found?

Jackie
      Participant

I feel for them to mention characters like Macy, Tina and Otis means their roles aren’t finished. Yay!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Also suggests The Resistance is not truly real, but just another part of the narrative. So is this email true, or is it meant to discredit @111error and The Resistance?

superstar
      Participant

I found it interesting that this email was sent to my personal email, rather than the one I registered with on the LUST forum. Pretty dang sure I haven’t used my personal address in any way for this experience. Maybe I did for Ascension? Can’t remember. Surprising (and, mildly disturbing), regardless.

superstar
      Participant

Also found an egregious use of inappropriate apostrophes.

Candace
      Participant

I’m loving this organized breakdown. Such a convenient way to try and explain to new people wtf is going on around here!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

One of the big ones is a clarification that the OSDM and the Investors are two separate groups (though Horace appears to be the connective tissue running through most things).

This seems key, @kevin – the whole email lays out a structure that we’d guessed at but never definitively known. And it raises some questions.

According to the email, The System, iConfidant and The Tension Experience were all separate ventures — but were funded by The Investors. That tracks and makes sense as a subset… but how does the OSDM fit into that?

OSDM is listed as the group that “controls all”. So does that mean EVERYTHING — from Horace and the Investors to Morgan and Otis — are simply parts of The Experience that the OSDM is creating here for us? We know OSDM created Tension (okay, I’ll say “commissioned” Tension, if that makes BOS happier), but how does that work in concert with the idea that The Investors were behind Tension?

I guess it comes down to one question: is OSDM an entity that the Investors have hired to create these fictions, or is OSDM so all-powerful that they’ve been pulling the strings of the Investors the entire time? And lastly, what is Horace Sinclair’s connection to the OSDM?

Walter Teigan
      Participant

I’m sorry, I have no idea what is going on here. Could someone explain this to me?

Jackie
      Participant

@phydestrius
      At what part are you lost, at what ‘this’ is, what is the story thus far, how did you get the email?

Walter Teigan
        Participant

I’m not sure what “this” is. The email just appeared out of the blue. What’s going on?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Hi @phydestrius, welcome to Lust!

This is going to sound a little crazy, but here goes…

Last year a nefarious Illuminati-esque organization called The OSDM began running a data collection experiment in Southern California under the name “The Tension Experience.” The idea was to use online and real-world interactions to provoke intense emotional responses in people. OSDM collects that data, which they catalog, process, and then deploy in various way to influence the population. (They claim responsibility for the outcome of the 2016 US Presidential Election.)

An effective way for OSDM to generate those emotional responses was to rely on narrative and character investment – just like you’d get worked up about a character or plot twists in a movie. To make this work, they hired an actor named Sabrina Kern, and brainwashed her into thinking she was a character named Addison Barrow. Over the 11 months this experiment went on, people participating in Tension wanted to save Addison, were sympathetic towards her, or otherwise emotionally engaged with The Experience with Addison as a focal point. At the time, participants didn’t realize she was a character, and thought the entire thing was real.

It wasn’t. It was all just a fiction created by the OSDM to ensnare people and get that sweet, sweet emotional data.

Cut to: 2017. OSDM launches a “sequel”, that it’s calling The Lust Experience.

Right off the back, things get rocky. Filmmakers Darren Lynn Bousman and Clint Sears, who had been hired by The OSDM to serve as the fronts for Tension, get fired. (Bousman and Sears spent all of 2016 and some of 2017 pretending that Tension had just been an immersive theater production. That was all lies designed to keep OSDM and its goals out of the papers.) A group called The Investors swooped in, unhappy with the financial performance of Tension. (Even data collection experiments need to make $$, apparently.)

Meanwhile, a self-styled guru named Noah Sinclair — think Tom Cruise’s character in Magnolia, only without the awesome hair — has been pushing something called The System. This also appears to be a scheme to ensare people, though to what ends is not clear.

Unfortunately, Noah Sinclair starts going cuckoo. He has discovered that certain people are actually trying to replace him in The System using artificial intelligence. Noah rebels, threatening to bring down the entire operation – including his father, Horace Sinclair, who is linked to both Tension and The System.

Another operation Horace is tied to? iConfidant, a start-up focused on creating incredibly realistic artificial intelligence. Horace is an investor in iConfidant, and it’s that AI that was being used to replace Noah. iConfidant appeared to be collecting emotional data from people too, opening a massive beta program where over a hundred people were interacting with what they thought was an actual pen pal. (Some suspected these “pen pals” were AI all along.)

There was just one problem: those hundred people had actually been corresponding with Sabrina Kern, the actor that played Addison in Tension. After escaping from her captors last year, she had decided to return to them willingly, because she missed the adulation and adoration that being an “Overseer” in Tension afforded her. There’s some sinister implications here with her involvement, that may include trying to raise an ancient god named Anoch — but it’s still fuzzy whether Anoch is real, or part of another fictional narrative designed to dupe everyone.

Tired of all the back and forth, a participant here named Morgan decided to form a resistance movement called BOS. He created a fake alternate reality game on Instagram to lure in people obsessed with puzzle solving. Their stated mission? To bring down OSDM, and presumably The Investors and anybody else that does things they think are bad. (Depending on who you talk to, the BOS mission is a little vague, but their hearts are definitely in the right place.)

Which brings us to TODAY. Noah Sinclair, after losing his marbles before, is now back in action, hyping The System as this radical way to self-improvement. His videos are linked here on the forums, and on the Lust Experience Facebook page.

Is this real? Am I crazy? Are you crazy? Is this even Tuesday? You can never know for sure… all you can know is that there are some cool people hanging out on this forum, and there are some sketchy people out there in the shadows that aren’t who they say they are, and they’ve promised to emotionally destroy each and every one of us… if we dare to take them up on the offer. And that’s what makes this The Lust Experience.

(I definitely sound crazy.)

Sage
      Participant

Can someone post the email? I didn’t get it. Would love the breakdown.

Sean

Here’s my shitty copy/paste job. If one of you design nerds wants to do a better job, I’d applaud you

View post on imgur.com

Jackie
      Participant

@phydestrius
      Ill send you a message. you should get a blue ‘1’ notification to the top Right of your screen, highlight it, and see your messages and notifications.

But up above, @bcbishop id a great recap of things going on in this thing.

Sage
      Participant

@thegilded, thank you for posting the email!

Shaun
      Participant

@phydestrius nobody knows what’s going on here but enjoy the ride!

Also when your say out of the blue I’m assuming you’re at least familiar with The Tension Experience?

Walter Teigan
      Participant

So, where do clues come from?

Maranda
      Participant

@phydestrius The “clues” are oftentimes not puzzles but rather messages from characters, sent though forum posts, videos posted to Facebook/Instagram/Periscope, or in-person meetings with participants that are later recapped. These messages further the story and sometimes ask people to make a decision.

Megan
      Participant

@phydestrius – nope?? nope what?

scot
      Participant

@phydestrius I’m guessing nope to the question of being familiar with the Tension Experience?

Megan
      Participant

Ah. I didn’t see that question. 🙂

Shaun
      Participant

@phydestrius no one can nope success. Check out The System. It changes lives: http://noahsinclair.com

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar