Community Websites & Blogs

This topic has 60 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Christine Barger
      Participant

We have a ton of talented folks in this community that are passionate about this—I would love for all of the bloggers, podcasters, etc that share info about Tension/Lust to post their links here so we can all support each other. Share your stuff!!! We’re all friends and we wanna see your stuff. (Plus it’ll help new participants find as much info as possible in one place.)
      I’ll start…

Blog: http://www.thehauntgirl.com
      YouTube: http://bit.ly/2ldZdM4

Christine Barger
      Participant
       Blondie
      Participant

Brilliant idea @christineb! Then it’s all in one place for easy reference ?

Blondie’s Lust Blog

My latest post was on Noah Sinclair. Hope to do some vlogs soon as I know how much you guys love my accent…

Sage
        Participant

@blondie, super cute accent! And now I know why you don’t use the oxford comma! jk! Very fun vlog!

Blondie
        Participant

Hah! Thanks @sfire8, very sweet of you to say πŸ™‚

Lenize
      Participant

Great idea!! I was thinking I wanted to look through the last tension stuff since I missed most of that, so if everything is in one place that would make it a lot easier!

Maranda
      Participant

This is great! I also have an idea – perhaps we can make a document to list member blog entries/podcasts/articles in chronological order, as events happen, so anyone who wants to later can look through and read about it from the folks who experienced it firsthand. It might be a lot easier than going through people’s individual blogs one by one, and it would also have the benefit of helping smaller blogs with maybe only a few entries on Lust be seen.

What do you think? I can put something together if it would benefit the community.

Lenize
      Participant

@izryn that sounds like a really nice idea! There are so many resourcesn to have them all sorted and accesible would be very helpful πŸ™‚

Maranda
      Participant

Done! Help document LUST for posterity’s sake (and also to help those who jump in late or miss something)! Link your blog entries, podcast episodes, news articles, etc. here: https://goo.gl/forms/uWPfRgfBuz2PmKdL2

The compiled, chronological list of submissions is viewable here: https://goo.gl/m2hZvU

@mike
      @blondie @taysavestheday @russell

Megan
      Participant

I am planning on making a Lust timeline on the same new site as the Tension one – I had to upgrade that in order to hold all the files/documentation, and the upgrade came with 4 more timelines, so I figure it’s something I’ll start really working on once the semester is over. I don’t know if that will be useful for anyone but that kind of digital documentation is very helpful for me at least.

(Also in case anyone has noticed all the periscope videos on the Tension one are broken – that will also be fixed once the semester is over.)

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@christinebis @blondie @izryn

Thanks for all the useful links and info!

Anonymous
      Inactive

http://gloryfuckingbe.com/

Dunno who would do such a thing.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Hi all,

I run a community oriented site called Haunting.net. The goal was to bring together a community of people interested in immersive theater and haunts and also empower the artists that so generously create these experiences.

Currently, I have an Immersive Experiences page that lists all immersive theater events in the Southern California area, with Lust included. That will link you to our page on Lust.

We also have a page for all Upcoming Immersive Events with Lust listed in our “On-Going Immersions” Section. Feel free to check it out.

We will be posting news and updates as Lust continues so keep an eye out. And if you like what we do, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.

Mike
      Participant

I’m usually not one for self promotion, but since some people think we should only be considered a Tension resource and not a haunt or theatre resource, I wanted to let you know about everything that My Haunt Life has to offer πŸ™‚

Hello, I’m Mike. @russell and I run MyHauntLife.com and the My Haunt Life Podcast. We talk about and review escape rooms, args, immersive theatre, haunts, haunted places, horror, and more. We have the original Los Angeles Haunt calendar, which is a calendar of events coming up in the Los Angeles/Southern California area. We also have a public community forum. Those of you around last year know that “back alley chats” do nothing good for this experience or the community. It’s always best to talk about things Lust related here on these forums, but for everything else, check out ours. For those planning to come to LA to experience Lust, we also have a Visit LA page where it shows you some creepy/non-tourist things to check out.

We are VERY VERY thankful to the community that have always had our backs and suggest us as a way to catch up within Tension as well as a resource for haunts/immersive theatre/upcoming events. You guys rule and can’t wait to see where this goes!

111error
        Participant

since some people think we should only be considered a Tension resource and not a haunt or theatre resource

Who the fuck thinks that? Are they ill?

My Haunt Life is how I got into everything immersive and I’m sure as shit not the only one.

Kristin
        Participant

MHL <3 _ <3

Russell
      Participant

Thank you, kindly, @111error. @mike and I appreciate the support you have offered, and that of so many others in this community, for My Haunt Life. Knowing we may have encouraged anyone to explore and discover new events or offered someone a perspective that helped them in any way… it is both humbling and heartwarming.

M.
      Participant

My Haunt Life is how I got into everything immersive and I’m sure as shit not the only one.

You’re not! They are the reason I belong to this community. Without their podcast, I would not have found the immersive experiences that I’ve been blessed to experience.

Megan
      Participant

OK I’ll do a half-assed attempt at self-promotion…I am affiliated with No Proscenium as both a writer and their Twin Cities “curator.” That doesn’t really mean anything other than I write for the midwest newsletter on immersive goings-on in the Twin Cities which affects exactly one of you, AFAIK. I knew of No Pro and its host, who I will from now on refer to as Other!Noah, for years and through them found MHL which has been incredibly educational (?) on WTF “haunts” are (thanks @mike).

Candace
      Participant

My Haunt Life was my gateway drug ? @Mike @russell forever thank you!!

Russell
      Participant

Oh, my.

@pandace88
      , I have never been called a “gateway drug” before. I may have to add that into the “special skills” section on my resume!! πŸ˜‰
      Seriously, thank you for saying that about My Haunt Life. Very happy to hear we may have helped you find a few fun adventures here and there!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

MyHauntLife is how I got to be Just Friends with Mike.

Brian Curly Sapir
      Participant

You guys My Haunt Life is fucking amazing!

LaSalle
      Participant

@mike @russell, thanks so much for MHL! Seriously, I’m another one of the countless people who came into all this because of your podcast. I ran into Russell at the last Wicked Lit and nearly died from a fangirl fever. I definitely wouldn’t be participating in Lust today if it weren’t for you two.

Mike
      Participant

@lasalle – Ohhh YOU’RE the one?? I heard about you πŸ™‚ haha Thank you so much!! So glad you came out to play!!

Russell
      Participant

Hey, @lasalle! Glad to see you around here! It was great running into you at Wicked Lit and I am so happy you seemed to exploring so much during the haunt season.

Also, thank you for the kind words @dontscarecrly, @creepsociety and @larry!

I wrote the Tension articles for LAist last year, but I quit my job to be a freelancer, so who knows where I’ll wind up this year. I have some things in the works, but for right now, I generally go to No Pro for all my immersive needs, and then dig into Horror Buzz, Haunting and My Haunt Life for horror-specific things.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@jbrylah I have to thank you profusely for your LAist articles, as they were responsible for recruiting me and a handful of my friends into this wonderful little community.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I guess I should also mention that I’ve written stories about Tension and immersive horror experiences for The Verge.

My main go-to’s as a reader/listener:

No Proscenium (thank you for helping me find Tension!)
      My Haunt Life (Thank you for helping me find literally everything else!)
      Haunting
      Anything @jbrylah writes
      Anyone that wrote or podcast anything about Tension last year. Yes, all of it.

Jason Pedroza
      Participant

I don’t even remember how I stumbled across My Haunt Life, but if it were not for Mike & Russell, I never would’ve come across No Pro, Haunting, Horror Buzz, etc. etc. etc. I’m eternally grateful. πŸ™‚

thehazelverse
      Participant

plug

FOR RIZZO.. <3

Blondie
      Participant

Latest blog post which is actually a video… Of me… Talking… Yeah…

Corresponding with Sarah Sinclair

Anonymous
      Inactive

I know they aren’t located in the same physical location by any means, but I’d subscribe to and patreon any podcast that combined @blondie with @mike and @russell on my haunt life or a spin off. Well done @blondie. From, a newbie subscribed to your blog

Mike
      Participant

@ziegenbart – Maybe @russell will start talking with an accent πŸ˜€

Blondie
      Participant

Oh my gosh @ziegenbart, that is the ultimate of compliments! I’m a huge MHL fan. WHY ARE MY EYES LEAKING?! Thank you! From a British dork still learning about vlogging/blogging… ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@mike uh, of course @russell would speak in a Wales accent, he is the king of empathy. And we would love him even more for it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

And I’m so sorry if saying a Wales accent is wrong. I might be an idiot.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Welsh? πŸ™‚

Blondie
      Participant

Not an idiot at all. My accent is part Welsh/part English which @111error insists makes me sound like I’m from Bristol – this will mean nothing to you, but trust me, not a compliment… Now I wanna hear @russell imitate my accent ?

111error
        Participant

My accent is part Welsh/part English

Welglish

does your comment mean I cannot turn to @111error as a resource or coach?

This is not what I meant when I said you can come to me at any time for lust coaching.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You understood my intention. Thanks for being forgiving my weaknesses. But, you got what I intended. @russell, you’re up.

Russell
      Participant

@blondie Dialects have never been my strong point as a performer. For you, I may give it a whirl, though. But… does your comment mean I cannot turn to @111error as a resource or coach?

@ziegenbart
      From henceforth, if any subjects wish to address me as The King of Empathy, I will not protest… simply because I have been called so much worse at times in my life! Haha! I consider it an honor to be seen in such manner.

@mike
      … and the rest of you people, what have you gotten started? Geez.

Sean

@russell – Whoa whoa, what the hell do you mean “You people”

Russell
      Participant

@thegilded No offense meant, Sean. I am referring to the mischievous friends who seem to be setting me up just a bit. πŸ˜‰

And @111error, at the moment I am only interested in your lusty vocal stylings.
      At the moment.

Candace
      Participant

@blondie on set about to watch your vlog on my dinner break. Been waiting for a break since you posted it on the forums! I love your blog ? and I can’t wait to hear your accent lol. From reading what you wrote it looks you got a really interesting personal response to your email. That’s awesome. Congrats on that. I’m definitely looking forward to getting something personal ?. I’m happy I finally got a reply don’t get me wrong but that personal touch is what I’m waiting for ?. *puts on headphones/presses play on video?*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Candace.
       Blondie
      Participant

Just a heads up πŸ™‚ Over on Haunting this week, we have a trio of (blowing my own trumpet here – toot toot!) wonderful articles, reminiscing about The Tension Experience. First off the blocks is a recollection of my journey through Ascension:

A Recollection of Ascension Pt. 1 – Homecoming

To follow will be a peek behind the curtain and the big finale… Will link as they are published!

This has been a huge labour of love for me so I hope you enjoy!

Blondie
      Participant

As promised, here’s the link to the second of our three Ascension pieces… ?

Pt. 2 – Behind the Curtain

And thank you for all the kind responses I’ve had to my first article ❀

Megan
      Participant

This will slowly become The Lust Timeline:

https://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/787271/The-Lust-Experience

As per last year let me know if I’m missing things or if things are incorrect but please have patience until May…

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Megan.
       Candace
      Participant

@coryphella this timeline is awesome!! Thank you for taking the time to make it! πŸ˜€

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella thanks for putting this together. I was just starting to track things myself to try and keep things straight.

Megan
      Participant

Kind of Megan-y but somewhat about Lust so posting here and no, I didn’t know about @bcbishop’s phone call before I wrote the ending.
      http://meganreillydesign.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-ontology-of-bryan-sorry-bryan.html

Megan
      Participant

I was looking for the “off topic” thread (or I could have sworn there was one for promotion of other projects) but couldn’t find it, so I’m putting this here.

Not Lust related but immersive theatre related.
      I’m really excited to be designing & consulting for a project this summer that is headed to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival called “Transmission.” I’m the lighting designer on the actual ticketed event but also was asked to come on board because of my experience with immersive/alternate/augmented realities & gaming in theatre as a consultant, so….yay. The creator is Ian Garrett, friend & colleague from York University in Toronto, and of the many artists on board one is Kate Ladenheim who performed with Third Rail Projects in Grand Paradise.

It’s an augmented reality/immersive theatre project about humanity’s first contact with extraterrestrial life.

The project may be in Scotland in August but there will be a series of podcast episodes released leading up to it. The website is now live, and the first episode is up:
      Transmission Website

There are also plans to bring it to Los Angeles and Toronto in 2018, and hopefully Minneapolis as well.

Plus when I’m in Edinburgh I will hopefully be seeing @chelsea. πŸ™‚

That is all. You may now return to your regularly scheduled waiting for the focus group……..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Has anyone else that did not participate in Tension buy the book? I’m wondering if this is the standard letter attached. Or if it’s included with all copied.

letter

Sorry if it’s hard to read. I don’t have time now to type it out.

Alejandra Acosta
        Participant

@ziegenbart All of the books that I’ve seen people post online (myself included) had one of the handwritten notes from Ascension taped to them. Basically it’s a little souvenir.

thehazelverse
      Participant

That’s a cool note though! I haven’t seen that one before.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree @hazelverse I wanted to share it if it wasn’t something everyone else got to see already. So, who would be an elder I would communicate with? Is that a reference to those that participated in Tension?

thehazelverse
      Participant

These were probably notices for the women in the white interrogation room (the one with Simon). Maybe Simon is the Elder?

Anonymous
      Inactive

A big portion of this game is obviously related to solving puzzles and riddles. I’m familiar with anagrams and Ceaser Cipher and can read my way through html and what not but I’m really new to stenography. I’ve also never had enough opportunity to do an escape room and I’m sure there are associated skills that would be beneficial here. I just don’t know where to look sometimes. I want to contribute to the community and I’m willing to put in the time and effort to learn so I’m not asking for direct handouts it just deciphering programs. Would anyone would be willing to point me towards some good resources to get started? I’m fairly technical so technical is ok. I just started looking into how to hide/find messages in images and audio and there are so many tools and techniques I’m not sure where to start. I’d even be willing to go through some old puzzles to learn if there are any out there to tackle.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Viewing 49 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2024 The LUST ExperienceΒ | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience | Β Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar