Comma's

This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by Maranda.

• Author
       Sage
      Participant

Ok, has anyone notices the strange type-O’s on Noah’s website. Repeated, loss of the second comma in sentences like: “DEMAND SUCCESS IN LIFE, LOVE and WORK”. (no comma after Love)

“In business, love and life I attract success because I know what it takes to get the job done…” (no comma after Love)

If you believe you have the right to whine, bitch or moan about how I handle my business… (no comma after bitch)

There are at least 2-3 more just like this. Same loss of second comma over and over.

thehazelverse
      Participant

As a dormant grammar snob, I’m digging this observation. Gunna look more in to the implications.

Max Z
      Participant

I wouldn’t exactly call these typo’s. While I and others do like the Oxford comma, it’s still considered stylistic, so whether or not it’s correct depends on what style guide you adhere to. In the AP stylebook for example I know it’s appropriate to omit it. Maybe Noah Sinclair is a journalist by trade.

Sage
      Participant

Hmmm...

Nosnevets
        Participant

null

I’m a fan of the Walken Comma…

Sage
      Participant

Or he’s actually an undercover investigative journalist pretending to be a self-help guru??

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Sage.
       Kyle Bown
      Participant

Screw your grammar rules! Noah Sinclair does whatever he wants. You think he gives a damn what the AP has to say?

Blondie
      Participant

Yeah, while I am the first to jump on any typos or grammar mistakes, this doesn’t bother me – it is a perfectly acceptable stylistic choice. I don’t use the Oxford comma and have never had any complaints over my writing. I am also an editor and I would not bring this up with a client…

Max Z
      Participant

@blondie is Noah Sinclair confirmed!

thehazelverse
      Participant

@blondie is much too kind.

Blondie
      Participant

Aww @hazelverse, I do try 🙂

And, that, is genius @nosnevets 😀

Maranda
      Participant

I prefer the Oxford comma. Without it, you can get things like this:

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar