Coffee Meeting with Morgan 11/07

Tagged: , ,

This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Twan Intarathuch.

• Author
       Drew Huntley
      Participant

I wanted to loop back and fully cover the meeting that took place this afternoon between a fair number of us and Morgan. Most of the details are already out there via the Periscopes and comments on the other thread. For posterities sake I am going to recall as well as I can what was said at the meeting. Apologies for this coming so much later after the meet, but I literally had to run off right after posting the video to continue dealing with a mess at work. As I am posting this later I’m sure some of the details will not be fully clear in my memory, but there were a good number of us there so feel free to chime in with anything I missed or glossed over.

As we all know Morgan had posted in the comments of the Pt. 1 video: “ 4pm. Part 2. 91601.
      You still don’t quite understand – but you will…”

Many of us converged around the NoHo Arts District awaiting further instructions.
      Morgan came onto slack and said to keep an eye on his personal FB page. A few minutes later Morgan started a live video from his kitchen sharing many of the same sentiments and worries that he has harped on lately. He was feeling separated from The One. He then proceeded to take a shot in solidarity, exclaiming “that he missed taking drinks with us.” He eventually said he needed one of us to do the task of releasing the second video, that he couldn’t do it himself. He said to meet at the Starbucks at the corner of Lankersham and Magnolia.

I was only a block away so I quickly found parking and got over to the Starbucks.

After a few minutes Morgan came with cigarette and coffee in tow. Once he crossed the street he stopped briefly when he saw me and said “I recognize you… Hello Im Morgan I don’t think we’ve meet officially.” I think the only other in person interaction I’ve had with him is the system workshop, but he is correct we had not officially meet.
      Hello’s were had and a bit of awkward moments as we waited for others to arrive.
      One of the other first things he mentioned was his smoking. He lifted his cigarette and said “look at what you all have driven me to” then corrected “look at what /they/ have driven me to.”
      He then proceeded ask if we smoke and that if we did he was trying to get rid of his. I took out my own cigarette and he made put it back and take one of his.

Once every one arrived he said another few sentiments about how separated he felt from the community and finished off by asking us if we all had our MSE tickets. We of course all nodded and he said “that’s a damn shame, because you’re all fucked.” I asked him if he knew something we didn’t know about the MSE. He responded that yes he knew a lot that we didn’t know, but hopefully part 2 of this video would shed some light.
      He asked who hadn’t really had a chance to contribute back to the community. I raised my hand and Morgan handed over a manilla envelope with a USB drive. He said that I was to post and share it with everyone as soon as I could.

After this is when the infamous Bryan quote was brought up. He said of all the hurtful things he’d read today the most hurtful one was Bryans. This was discussed briefly in the other thread but subsequently deleted I think. Once again they proceeded to egg out Bryan’s anger and you can read his response to that in the Part 2 thread.

Before he left he wanted to leave us with an analogy. He asked if any of us had kids. We all said no.
      If you were a parent and your child kept playing playing with a metal fork. Kept bending it and playing with it into the proceeded to go toward the outlet. You of course take it away and tell them why they shouldn’t do that.
      Well what if the child keeps doing the same thing over and over and you keep taking the fork from them. What does one do in this case?

I personally would hope that the parents would show patience and compassion for us dumb wee little bastards that are just too fucking curious…

That was the gist of the meet but feel free to fill in any gaps. This is getting to ramble territory and I just need to post this and get some rest.

Drew Huntley
      Participant

The one thing I do think I need to add to this about @111error’s demeanor through the meet. He seemed nervous at moments and genuinely vulnerable, all very understandable given the climate. I would even go so far to say he was self conscious. He kept bringing up that he did not expect anyone to show. I think his exact words were “I thought I was gonna have to stand here for twenty minutes till one of you showed up.” This was not said in a demeaning tone. It was more a self doubt in his own importance.
      He clearly was trying to follow along with discussions today, so it should have been abundantly clear we knew the importance of the drop and were rearranging busy schedules just to be there for him.

When viewing yourself in the “mirror”, sometimes all you can see is a drastically grotesque caricature of yourself. The emotional fallacy begins when you start believing it is reality.

I have some other thoughts, but I’ll save them for after some rest.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Drew Huntley.
       Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Noah said that the System was designed for everyone to lose and that anyone who thought they won was an idiot.

And we now know everything is The System.

We now know that we are walking into a situation where we are all fucked, no matter what. It’s a rigged system. Carnival games. We’ll never knock down all those pins.
      See now how foolish it is to think there’s the possibility of joining the “winning team”? Follow your heart, not your desire to be “right” and others “wrong”.

It’s a system designed to lose, but what we can do is storm into that carnival game with middle fingers drawn and maybe expose the carny putting sticky tape under those pins before we get dragged away.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@meghanmayhem this is perfect and I’m with you on the middle fingers and exposing these carnys for what they are.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar