Call from Unknown Guy 5/28

This topic has 47 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Russell.

• Author
       Megan
      Participant

OK, I’m trying this again. This call has been deemed “in game” but for some reason the post got deleted and @thebuz thinks I am missing information, which OF COURSE I AM because there was a lot of it and my memory sucks and I don’t record phone calls.

The main thing that I don’t think I got across from before was that this guy was saying that there were either TWO Books of Anoch or that there was an original Book of Anoch that was much darker than the “modern Book of Anoch,” which had been “retold in a way that was easy to digest” and by doing so had “lost some of its bite.” He was bringing me a gift straight from “the source.” And that was the final quote, which IS missing parts but I can’t remember what they are and I’m likely to – “at dusk they will choke on the blood of their loved ones…all will know of his return by the dark desire that beats in their hearts.”

Jackie
      Participant

Fascinating, old Testament Anoch and New testament. Are there believers in the old, how dangerous can they be? additional thought: Also, in tension, was that the new stuff? Because that shit was wild in itself. Old Anoch might be some NC17 level nonsense.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Jackie.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Jackie.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Her original post before deletion here:

Megan wrote:
      Alright so I was peeing and Some Guy just called me. No seriously, I was on my way to bed.
      He didn’t tell me his name even after I asked – distinctive voice that I think I could recognize if I heard it again though. I tried really hard to scribble down keywords from things that he said but he said so much that I know I’m going to have missed some so here goes…
      He said that he had a gift for me from the book of Anoch (I think) or asked me if I knew what it was, and and said that some had retold it in a way that had made it easy to digest but made it lose some of its bite. He was bringing it to me from the source…I think…and basically the message was something like “at dusk they will choke on the blood of their loved ones (some missing stuff) and all will know of his return by the dark desire that beats in their hearts.”
      And then he wished me a good night and hung up.
      Oh he also said Anoch was his ancestor.
      Best I could do guys, sorry.

Chris
      Participant

Thank you @coryphella, I’m glad to hear all is well. This call seems to confirm what we’ve been hearing for a while. That the makers of the Tension/Ascension narrative, be it Darren and Clint, Michelle and Samson’s branch of the OSDM, or both, co-opted this real belief system and dumbed it down to be used as a boogey man for the fake OOA cult, but many OSDM higher-ups are true believers in the real Anoch. Michelle said this during the end and Nicole heavily implied it during Lust registration. Anyone with a deeply held belief is going to take offense if it’s bastardized in this way. But people who are already prone to shady, violent acts in the shadows? Looks like the REAL Book of Anoch is nigh.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Chris.
       Maranda
      Participant

Fascinating. Could this be related to the ritual Andy stumbled upon? Because “blood of their loved ones” makes me think of him and his mom. Has anyone heard from @nancyjenkins recently?

Jackie
      Participant

@coryphella
      Meg-jacked!

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

In Scientology, they have the original words from LRon Hubbard and regard them as pure testement and must be followed exactly. When the LRon died and the new master took over, he changed several of the passages. Old followers got pissed and they refer to it as “squirreling the tech”. It created a huge rift between the old and the new of which words to follow. Perhaps its something like that?
      The old book of Anoch, and a “new master” with new words of faith.

Hrm.

I’d also like to note that some of the message from the original post mentions ancestors of Anoch. Makes me think of that link I posted the other day about “The Book of Enoch” and Enoch, the scribe of judgement, being Noah’s (of Noah’s Arc fame) great-grandfather. Hrmmmmmmmm.

Cristen
      Participant

Even your words are not safe. Sarah’s certainly mentioned bloodlines before. @meghanmayhem made a great connection between Noah and “Enoch.” Maybe we have some reading up to do on the long weekend.

Lia
      Participant

@coryphella … ascend once if you’re OK.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It always comes down to fucking bloodlines.

Helping @coryphella get control of her account.

111error
      Participant

BOS REMEMBERS

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Bloodlines are very very important. Specifically Noah’s bloodline. That’s why Sarah kept expressing to @thebuz that Timothy was 100% Noah’s.

Briana
      Participant

At the welcome reception at Ascension, didn’t the gentleman giving the kool aid toast say something to that affect as well? That the entire organization (?) used to run a lot darker and be a lot more complicated/have deeper meaning? “Back in my day” type ranting?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Briana.
       Chris
      Participant

@brianamatopoeia yes! They definitely seemed like members of the old school that weren’t used to all this glad-handing and socializing. That lady certainly seemed a little too casual as she admitted to atrocities during “two truths and a lie.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

So…

Safe to say we’re back in dark scary cult territory again eh?

I definitely think @meghanmayhem is onto something about the scientology bit.

From my understanding there are a few BIG take aways that are call backs to things previously mentioned or seen before.

-The importance of Bloodlines (or blood)
      -That there really were two books of Anoch and what we were given during Tension (and what Addison bought into) was the watered down spooky skeleton version.
      -Perhaps this is what Michelle was referring to when she inferred to having the rug pulled out from under her. I’m theorizing here, but what if she really thought it was all bullshit only to find out there really is a book of Anoch… and that her lack of faith put her at odds with Horace or some other person/thing that destroyed her outlook on everything.
      -Nicole at registration stated that what they did to Anoch was really fucked up. Perhaps this is what she was referring to. Pretty sure most Christians think Mormons are kind of assholes for saying that Jesus visited America and buried gold plates in the backyard of Joseph Smith.

Jackie
      Participant
       Candace
      Participant

Darker and scarier than stripping away my senses and offering people as human sacrifices for enlightenment? FUCK…???

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Tonight’s events do seem to nicely tie together The Clockmakers (Anoch true believers?), the fictional OOA of Tension, and why certain entities were so pissed off at their hired Hollywood patsies (Darren and Clint).

Taking it a step further: we know that The Man With The Stick wanted Darren and Small Dog Lover back involved (or at least wanted us to think they were involved). Was this to mask the fact that the True Believers were now actually in control, allowing us to more easily fall under the spell of Lust? Or are the True Believers that contacted @coryphella a totally different group entirely, without connection to Stick Man and the Investors, that are now making their existence known?

Anonymous
      Inactive

reverberating a bit on what @thebuz said:
      What if Nicole is/was an Old Testament of Anoch believer?

What if there were two ways of teaching about Anoch: Since the New way wasn’t working, what if they decided to eradicate it and go back to the old ways?

Theorizing: The New way relied on tension to collect emotional data, so, would it make sense that the Old way relied/relies on lust?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@lexthewolf said:

Theorizing: The New way relied on tension to collect emotional data, so, would it make sense that the Old way relied/relies on lust?

REAL INTERESTING

Cara
      Participant

??? Holy crap, @coryphella! That’s insane! Gotta go read up some more on Anoch and The Tension lore.

“all will know of his return by the dark desire that beats in their hearts.” Dark desire… Lust… perhaps we all need to be more cautious about our desires.

And the fact that Scientology is being referenced here is very unsettling to say the least.

Kevin
      Participant

@lexthewolf I like that line of reasoning. Adding to it a bit, what if it’s not just how they’re collecting the data, but what they’re going to use it for? The ritual at Ascension was fairly brutal, but lacked the specificity of what we saw on Andy’s Periscope. Maybe the old school group isn’t interested in just finding an Oracle.

Perhaps this is what Michelle was referring to when she inferred to having the rug pulled out from under her. I’m theorizing here, but what if she really thought it was all bullshit only to find out there really is a book of Anoch… and that her lack of faith put her at odds with Horace or some other person/thing that destroyed her outlook on everything.

@thebuz I think the first part is dead on. I really like the idea that her world was completely shaken by finding out that something exists that she didn’t believe in at all before. We do know that Horace kept her around for quite a while even when she clearly didn’t believe in the Book of Anoch though. She referenced her disbelief at The End and was present at the book party with him.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I’m very curious to where the line is drawn. Ascension was an act, a performance, an experience put on by the OSDM to test our responses and reactions. It was nothing more than a clever haunted house with a fake ritual to gain data. But was the ritual really fake? With what we’re learning now–maybe the OSDM was fake. Maybe that ending was all just a distraction, a diversion, to keep us focused on a shadow organization when the real threat was under our noses the entire time. What if they disguised a ritual based on an old book as a clever haunted house.

Seriously, what’s real and what’s fiction–and where is the line?

Maranda
      Participant

@taysavestheday I didn’t attend Ascension, but from everyone’s accounts, and @mike’s in particular, I don’t think the ritual as it was presented to us was 100% real. Mike was “sacrificed” but on his second time through, one of the handlers he encountered treated it as theater. But you’re right, we have no way of knowing exactly how much of the OOA/Ascension was based on the real Anoch cult.

Kevin
      Participant

I submit to the true word of Anoch, to the Before, to the Origin and the wisdom it brings. I am not like the others and am not afraid of the true words. I need not be sold on the soft words for the small and weak. He has called and I have answered. His bloodline is truth to the spirit, the wisdom and the coming darkness. Submit and be made whole!

Wanted to dig into this some more.

So there is a definite split between those who believe in the old Book of Anoch and those who believe in the modern one. And the believers in the old book do not have a high opinion of the newer believers. If Horace believes so strongly in the old school stuff, why did he allow the newer group to continue on as it did in Ascension? Maybe that is part of what he sent Noah in to fix.

I’m just kind of assuming Horace or a representative of his made the call to @coryphella, but the talk about bloodlines supports the idea. He told @taysavestheday that women were just there for men to pass their seed on to (“Submit and be made whole” is real gross in that context). That totally fits with his gross thought process though if he believes himself to be of Anoch’s bloodline and that that blood is important to his end game. And given the previous references to the importance Timothy Sinclair’s bloodline, maybe they believe they can trace their lineage back to Anoch.

Jackie
      Participant

@kevin

“Submit and be made whole” is real gross in that context). That totally fits with his gross thought process

Bro. BRRRROOOOOOOOOOO. No bro, no.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@izryn, but could the real ceremony be hidden away from the final fake theatrical ceremony? If I was a cult that was trying to stage a ritual, I would place a huge distraction front and center. Make a big deal about it so all eyes are on it. And while this was happening, the real ceremony would be happening elsewhere. Somewhere that no one would disturb it. And I would not make this room privy to anyone that did not need to see it.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@kevin

If Horace believes so strongly in the old school stuff, why did he allow the newer group to continue on as it did in Ascension? Maybe that is part of what he sent Noah in to fix.

As others have stated, maybe this was an offshoot. Something that Horace wasn’t watching as closely as he should have been. And then when Noah came in to observe, he realized that it wasn’t what the old beliefs dictated. That could be another reason they failed. They need to reconnect to the old roots.

I’m just kind of assuming Horace or a representative of his made the call to @coryphella, but the talk about bloodlines supports the idea.

The line “Submit and be made whole” is really interesting. If this was Horace or some representative of his–why would Horace ask me to remove my weakness (romance, art, feng shui) and embrace my scientific side? There is definitely something in play here in which I need to remove a section of myself so I can submit and be made whole. I’m curious to find out.

Maranda
      Participant

@taysavestheday That’s possible, but if the real ceremony and the fake Ascension ceremony were separate, why stop at holding the real one in a hidden room? Why not a completely different location to eliminate all chances of discovery by unwelcome eyes? We know that DLB and CS were tapped to produce Ascension as a theater piece, and per the Tension book the OOA warehouse’s inhabitants were just actors, so it doesn’t make sense to me that the real Anoch cult directly had much to do with what we knew as the OOA.

Chris
      Participant

@taysavestheday this is a very interesting way to look at it. This whole night has caused us to reexamine something that we were already forced to reexamine. Many people were devastated when we were told that Ascension was a complete lie and nothing but a phishing scam dressed as immersive theatre. But the one thing we were told is that somewhere some form of Anoch existed beyond that. Now we’re combing through what we were told was a lie to see if any additional truth was hidden beneath it the whole time. In your specific example, though, I wonder what part of this ritual would be real? In the Ascension ceremony when we were told they were looking for Oracles, the proceedings were centered around real participants and plants. We know that no one was actually harmed during these rituals because half of them were actors we met at the book party and half of them ran out five minutes later to take a picture with us. There was no chanting, no incantation, no eight sided stars on the ground. We didn’t even need to stand up. So if within this charade an actual ritual of Anoch was hidden– what part of what we saw would be included in that? Something strictly within the final Ascension moment? Something earlier in the evening? What part of that night could possibly be reassessed as legitimate through this new lens?

Shaun
      Participant

“at dusk they will choke on the blood of their loved ones…all will know of his return by the dark desire that beats in their hearts.”

We will all lust to be vessels of the seed of Anoch.

This is getting dark.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@shaun I, for one, reject being anyone or anything’s “seed vessel”.

….*shudder*

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@izryn; I like how you’re thinking. Why not put it somewhere completely different. I mean we’ve seen that happen here already. Distract us with something while the real plan is carried out elsewhere. Ascension could have simply been based loosely around the Cult of Anoch.

@macbethinabathtub
      , that is the big question. We didn’t see any 8-pointed stars or penile-hatted statues. So either it’s something we saw that we are unaware of it’s importance, or it’s in a room no one who’s come forward saw, or as @izryn suggests it is was in a completely different location. I’d be happy to speculate on what it might be though. Let me jump down another rabbit hole.

Jackie
      Participant

@kevin

Couldn’t help it. Unashamed.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

If I were to guess @taysavestheday, I would imagine Horace was watching tension but by the time addison/Sabrina introduced the book of Anoch and gave us the watered down version, it was too late for him to do anything. Another thought I had was maybe the book of anoch wasn’t even supposed to be brought up, we weren’t even supposed to know about that and then Addison/Sabrina just happened to choose the newer one instead of the old without even knowing it and gave it to us.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I’m not fully convinced that the OOA went away. This whole thing could be another one of their elaborate tests.

Megan
      Participant

So this is really random and probably not one bit helpful, and comes from me being completely obsessed with Rabbits which is totally @mkarrett’s fault btw. But. The guy reminded me of the narrator of the weird story in that podcast about the town with the sacrifice every 90 days (“the streets were red then black with blood”) – he didn’t have that accent but his words at the end held that level of darkness in them.

Blame Melissa.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

This is all a really good excuse for me to buy the Tension book now. Where is Stephanie peddling merch when you need her?

Kevin
      Participant

@coryphella Did the guy sound like the older guy from the book party, video here, or completely different? Did he have any kind of accent?

Megan
      Participant

@kevin – I don’t think so…he had a much more pleasant sounding voice I think. Then again he wasn’t yelling at me. No, no accent.

oh god now everyone’s gonna laugh at me.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Megan.
       Megan
      Participant

Go find the story where the guy says “the streets were red then black with blood” and then…imagine that without the accent. (From the Rabbits podcast) it sounded like that.

scot
      Participant

coryphella maybe it is random, but you’ve added insight to my own thoughts. I’ve been thinking a lot this morning about what is “true”. Is there a universal truth? If so how do we find it and once it’s found shouldn’t it immediately supercede our prior erroneous beliefs and drive or actions?

Perhaps the physical world is all there is. Maybe God is vengeful, maybe he is just and kind and sent his son to die for our sins 2,000 years ago (and did he or did he not come to America and give Joe Smith some gold plates)? Or maybe the ultimate Truth is found in the book of Anoch (ah yes, but which one?) and Horace’s intentions, though appearing to be harsh and cruel from our current blind point of view, are to bring the world into harmony with that Truth. Is a cult still a cult of if it’s founded on the ultimate Truth and ends up serving a larger good?
      Getting to that story you referenced in Rabbits (no direct spoilers, go listen to it). The “truth” was apparent and a benevolent and unselfish choice to act was made. But, was it the correct choice in light of the actual Truth? We are all that man in the story. We have truth to identify and choices to make. Will we choose wisely and what will be the consequences of those actions?

Chris
      Participant

So @rizzzoooooo are you suggesting that Sabrina/Addison had more agency than we thought? That somehow in full Addison mode the Overseer is the one who introduced and perhaps developed this new version of the Book of Anoch within Ascension, rather than it being something she was fed to her by Michelle, Samson, or the Gatekeepers as part of the mind control?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub mhmm, I don’t think she necessarily created the “new version” of the book, however I do think that she may have shown us this book on her own without the aid of the clockmakers/OSDM. In tension there was a while when she was on the run from them and (if I remember correctly) there were emails leaked that revealed they weren’t so happy with her having the book and giving passages to us. Even in Full on Addison mode, Sabrina still had legit faith in Anoch and wanted to share it with us, as Michelle had mentioned at the end that they couldn’t figure out the faith programming. Right down to the final minutes of Sabrina being Addison, she was still devoted to Anoch

Chris
      Participant

@taysavestheday after @daela’s great Oracle recap in the Tension Q and A thread: what if Ascension the theatre piece was actually a cover for the few legitimate Oracle Ascensions? This was a loose thread I had all but forgotten about because I had never spoken to anyone who had actually seen it happen, assumed it was a Tension urban legend. What if they have other means of detecting who would be a viable candidate beyond the random haunted house games they played with us? Something more definitive? Someone truly worthy would be a rare find–maybe only once or twice the entire run. And how many Oracles do they even need anyway? So they have the show every night, and if no one is worthy of Ascension they bring out the fake blood, pick an audience member (or let us pick them in an entirely unscientific, arbitrary way considering what is at stake) and get on with it. But on those few special nights where they actually detected a worthy vessel, they performed the true ceremony, it worked because they knew it would, and no one in the audience questioned it because they thought it was just part of the show. This could be the hidden in plain sight answer to what, if any, true Anoch rituals took place during that time.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Did anyone watch Dr. WHO a couple of weeks ago? I still say this is all Object Oriented Analysis — we are all part of a long-running simulation.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Actually just watched that episode last night @larry. Quick, what’s the first number you think of? *BANG*

Russell
      Participant

The indication that the teachings from the Book of Anoch had been watered down… that could easily be connected to the parables that we were read by Addison several times. Each one seemed to reflect some of what was going on within the Tension universe. (The Word would be given as a message to someone who could best serve as the most efficient messenger – not necessarily the most faithful, etc.)

If, indeed, there is another aspect to the text – or an “original” text of some kind – we may all eventually find that the things we are observing (Noah’s The System and iconfidant in particular) are methods through which some specific message could be spread.

We are the flock. We are being gathered and a lesson will be taught.
      It now sounds like the lesson (or lessons for each individual) may be darker and more painful than we ever imagined.

Viewing 47 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar