Call from Otis – 5/21/17

This topic has 57 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Russell.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

Hey guys, I just got a call from Otis. He’s starting to worry me.

The call was from an Unknown number. Otis has called me and texted me before from a 323 area code number. This struck me as odd, but he summed it up for me really quick. The first thing he asked was what number came up on caller id and I told him it came up as “Unknown”. He then told me that they took his old phone and gave him this one and was told that all the information was “too sensitive”. He told me it was just “corporate mumbo jumbo”. I never found out who “they” are, but I’m assuming it might be Noah and crew?

Ok, so here comes the worrisome part. He told me that he’s been feeling a lot more confused than he should lately. He hasn’t been able to sleep, but when he does, he has nightmares and appears to wake up somewhere else. His nightmares seem real and in them he’s “done things” and when he looks down, they’re his hands doing them. He hasn’t been feeling like himself at all lately and asked if I knew of a psychiatrist. I didn’t, but told him he could always call me whenever he needed to chat.

So…wtf? Who’s messing with Otis’ mind? Is it Noah? If so, all the #teamnoah people should take a step back and look around. If it’s not Noah, who is it? We last saw him with Noah, so it would make sense if Noah sold him out down the river somehow.

This also fits in with his Facebook post about seeming to sleep longer than usual. Something is up.

Is someone implanting memories into his body?
      Is he lucid dreaming?
      Astral projection?
      Is someone controlling his mind?

To whomever is messing with Otis….

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Nobody has ever trusted Noah Sinclair and come out the other side clean. I stand with Otis (and you), @mike.

Sage
      Participant

His nightmares are real and his hands are doing the actions!? Not good, not good at all.

111error
      Participant

What if Otis is lying to you Mike? What if they figured out that a damsel in distress isn’t the way to break you, but a harmless old man with a cheeky smile?

(This is the most Fontaine-esque thing I ever posted)

Andrew K
      Participant

I’d like to believe this is just an onset of sudden dementia, given Otis’ age, but I know that’s not true.

Seems whatever THEY (whoever THEY are- OSDM, Daddy Sinclair, The Investors etc.) did to Otis is finally starting to take affect in very obvious ways.

@mike
      – did you ask him what he did in those nightmares? What he saw his own hands doing?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Noah is but one piece in a very complex machine.
      Otis told us at Idle Hour that he had a driving job that next morning (Mother’s Day) and that he assumed it was the same guy, or maybe a friend of his or someone he works with? He didn’t know.
      After that day was when Otis started reporting troubles.
      We don’t know who exactly it was he worked for, but it was definitely when things started to get a bit wacky for him.
      But hey, at least now Otis has excitement in his life! I mean, who HASN’T woken up and stared at their hands muttering “what have I done” once or twice?

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop – Well, we don’t know that for sure yet. All the “insiders” still seem to be who they were, so we’ll see. If Noah is involved with whatever is happening to Otis, then we’ll see who stands loyal to whom.

But with Otis getting messed with…I have a feeling there’s going to be a new immersive show happening called “The Street Justice Experience”. Instead of Periscopes, the videos just end up on World Star

Andrew K
      Participant

It seems odd to me that Noah wouldn’t hire Otis to drive for him and then do **something** to him (AI implementation, brainwashing, whatever it might be.) and sabotage him like that.

What I think is more likely is that whoever THEY are found out he was driving for Noah and offered him further/other “employment.”

Otis didn’t really know who Noah was when he took the driving job. He found it on Craigslist. It would be easy for “THEY” to approach Otis and tell him that Noah worked for them and that they want to “hire him for other things.”

As @meghanmayhem pointed out, he told us at Idle Hour he had a driving job the following morning, very early, but didn’t know who it was for.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Andrew K.
       Mike
      Participant

@111error – breaking me means taking you all out <3

@anakindrew
      – I didn’t get a chance. He was talking pretty fast and wouldn’t really allow time for me to ask a question. When I did, he immediately spoke over it. So I figured he was in a hurry and couldn’t really talk…or maybe he was being watched

Tim Redman
      Participant

RIP Otis unless the active take action.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@anakindrew Precisely. If you’ll recall, the Craigslist posting very specifically stated “One time transport” and I can’t imagine Noah’s self-appointed babysitters like loose ends.

Russell
      Participant

This is a disturbing turn of events. @anakindrew, it sounds too specific to be dementia, doesn’t it?
      I have been honest in my opinion of Noah – not trustworthy, or worse. I don’t have personal history with the man the way @bcbishop does. If I did, I would probably hold an even worse opinion of him.

@mike
      , I think you met Otis in the “purest form” – before his personal difficulties led to any connection to Noah and crew. If you are concerned, I believe there is valid reason.

The conversation you relate is just… saddening.

I really hope to meet the man someday. The friendly guy you encountered weeks and weeks ago.
      Pure Otis.

Andrew K
      Participant

@russell – I’m afraid “Pure Otis” is a thing of the past now. I doubt any of us will ever meet him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Someone really needs to ask Otis if he’s been discovering any weird bruises to his face? Or if he keeps finding soap or the materials needed to make soap around the apartment.

Made any new friends lately (single serving perhaps?)

Is he being forced to remember 10 rules, 2 of which are super important?

Did he move in with an eccentric guy to an old broken down house on Paper Street?

If he makes a post telling us that we’re not our fucking khakis I’m going to be very concerned.

Andrew K
      Participant

@thebuz – is Janice then his Marla Singer?

Andrew K
      Participant

Another interesting thing to consider is that, if this was the doing of “THEY,” does Noah even know about it?

Is Otis working for “them” and Noah, without realizing the two aren’t connected?

He’s doing certain jobs for THEM and certain jobs for Noah. All the while having this brain….issue…going on and possibly being controlled by THEM whilst doing the jobs for Noah.

They’re using him to get an insider on Noah’s dirty work to try and stop him perhaps?

Maxwell R
      Participant

Well, sweet Jesus Christ. Why can’t they just leave the elderly alone?!

Andrew K
      Participant

Jesus Christ, that George Jones song is seeming REALLY poignant right now….

I’ve had choices
      Since the day that I was born
      There were voices
      That told me right from wrong
      If I had listened
      No I wouldn’t be here today
      Living and dying
      With the choices I made

I guess I’m payin’
      For the things that I have done
      If I could go back
      Oh, Lord knows I’d run
      But I’m still losin’
      This game of life I play
      Living and dying
      With the choices I made

RIP OTIS FLETCHER……

Kevin
      Participant

If he’s just a driver for them, it doesn’t make sense for them to give him sensitive information. This is also implied in him “doing things”, which does come across as ominous. Whoever this is knows their system hasn’t been perfected yet because they’ve warned him about sensitive info even though they know he’s not remembering.

I’m also very interested in why they’ve chosen Otis. If they just didn’t want loose ends, they could have killed him or locked him up after driving Noah around. So it could be because his brain is susceptible to whatever it is they’re doing. Or he has some special set of skills they need. Does anyone know much about Otis’ past? Or they realized his connection to us after he drove Noah around and are using him to get at us in some way.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@kevin There’s also the option that the Otis we know is just a fake persona, much like Addison Barrow. That we’ve fallen in love with a construct or shadow person, and the physical human that we know as Otis is actually somebody else with potentially sinister value.

Either way, it’s about Twin Peaks time. Catch you all in a few hours.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I like how this all gets immediately put on Noah from all his detractors. He can’t be both the unfocused, doesn’t follow through guy and the evil mastermind brainwashing old people and making them do his bidding guy. This is like everyone who said Bush was an idiot but also said he did 9/11. You can’t have both. Pick one or the other.

Mike
      Participant

@thebuz – Noah was the last person we publicly saw Otis with. Apologies for starting with the obvious link there.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike *technically*, the last person we saw him publicly with…was all of us. Are we the baddies?

Mike
      Participant

@meghanmayhem – The plot thickens!!! 😀

Cristen
      Participant

It’s also possible that after his “one time” job for Noah, he was approached by some sinister organization (?) that he assumed were associates of Noah, so he took the job, and he has now been “compromised” and will be used to gather intel on Noah and his known associates (ya know, us?) They know we’re watching and/or supporting Noah. What better way to watch us than through an unassuming, friendly old man…that so many of us are connected with on social media?

Chris
      Participant

I’m very curious to know what sort of dirty work this organization (using any of the names at this point is feeing increasingly presumptive) would even need done for Otis to be so horrified at the idea of it being carried out by his own hands. Intimidation, torture, worse? What is going on behind the scenes that would require this kind of work, and who is on the receiving end who we apparently haven’t seen yet?

As for Otis, I’m very sorry to hear this, but it makes sense. Otis, as kind and positive as he always tries to be, is someone who clearly feels the weight of the world on them in an impossible economic situation. Isolated, unsuccessful, and just the right amount of desperate. Just like an aspiring actress we once thought we knew. Otis is the perfect subject because even now he clearly doesn’t have the sense to walk away while he still might be able to. I get the animosity towards Noah because he undeniably was Otis’ entry point into the world, but we don’t know anything beyond that. That, and that what immediately followed was likely still Otis’ choice. @kevin is right, we don’t know much about what brought Otis to the pitiable state that led him to peruse Craigslist one fateful night, but as @anakindrew and the song suggested, maybe he’s paying for the things that he’s done. Up to now Otis has seemed to be an innocent victim of dumb chance. Can we say with absolute certainty that there’s nothing else we need to know?

Chloe
      Participant

I partially think it’s because of all of us that he’s been “chosen”. It’s been shown before that nearly everyone who participated in Tension could be swayed with a damsel in distress, why not a sweet old man? He’s the perfect bait to get all of us in even further.

And, like @macbethinabathtub said, he was probably as easy target, someone trusting, kind, wants to please others, desperate for a job and for love (I still have a feeling his new girlfriend is in on it). He’s the perfect kind of desperation to reel in on their hook.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I like Noah, but I haven’t “chosen a side” or anything, much like everyone I’m still reading the table with all these people… with that said I’m feeling the cause of otis’ strange behavior isn’t solely Noah. That original ad was a one time only gig, with Otis also not even sure if t was the same guy who hired him against.

My personal guess is noah hired him for the first gig and cut him loose. Then after learning through this site that Otis was involved, OSDM or “Them” hired him and are causing him to have these blackouts. Blackouts that may actually be real but Otis is only remembering what happened in his dreams.

Megan
      Participant

Whether it’s Noah or not, connecting the driving job with Noah to Otis’s current condition isn’t a stretch by any means. Don’t forget in the video at the end of the prologue Noah did not distance himself from his dad’s nefarious plans at all, in fact he said he wanted to continue with “business as usual,” which means he’s part of this too. I haven’t interacted with Noah (or anyone, really) but then again maybe having some distance gives me some unbiased perspective. Noah hasn’t wronged me, but he hasn’t tried to charm me either.

Mike
      Participant

Just got a call from, I believe, the accent man from registration.

He asked if I spoke to someone earlier under his employ (so we now know who Otis’ (new) boss is). I said yes and he then proceeded to tell me to never try to contact him again and then there was a threat of sorts.

So…yeah…Sunday Funday!

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Interesting. It should be noted that at Idle Hour, Otis was asked if the man who hired him was American and he stumbled on the answer. He said “That’s a good question. It’s hard to say for certain, but if I were to take a guess, I’d say he was an American, yes.”

Mike
      Participant

I wonder if accent guy has an assistant?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Boris coming for you @mike.

Mike
      Participant

@thebuz – Not yet, but I’m sure there will be a reason for it sooner or later 🙂

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

Someone is controlling Otis…and it’s probably not Noah.

The “tibi cedo” FB post is an example of involuntary actions. Telling us about a dinner date at Fish Grill that could not have happened on that date is an example of lost time. I think that things may have started as early as the night of Registration when he was having trouble with the car door locks and navigation. Perhaps whoever was driving him was still getting used to the controls. Otis may be a unwittingly spying on Noah…and us.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Well that’s not the best news to read.

Hoping Otis doesn’t get in too deep but it’s probably too late at this point.

I can only hope it doesn’t get worse for him from this point onward…

Lia
      Participant

@lazysmartperson How many of us are friends with Otis and talk to him on Facebook? If his account has been compromised… oh dear.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I hope Otis doesn’t do anything he can’t live with. I would hate to remember actions I’ve done–and regret those actions every day.

I also find it interesting that the Investors are involved in making Otis do things. The System seems to compromise through Noah’s familial ties, and iConfidant seems to be doing good work, despite glitches. The Stick man, and whatever his association with the investors, truly appears to shaping up to be the big bad in this narrative.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hope Otis is okay.

Also, I think the quote “True beauty is something that attacks, overpowers, robs, and finally destroys.” might come into play here. Not the true beauty part of it, but this other personality that Otis has.

Chloe
      Participant

I may not have talked to Otis much yet…but accent man telling any of us to keep away from Otis?

hell no

But seriously though, why is he so adamant about keeping you away from Otis @mike? Is it because you have a pretty close relationship with him? Is he going to call and threaten anyone else that has a close relationship with him? What are they going to do about us talking to Otis on Facebook, or have they already taken that over too?

Mike
      Participant

@chloe – I think he wants to keep anyone away that could ruin their plans that seem to be set in motion. So if there’s some shady shenanigans happening with someone we all like and then blows the whistle on said shenanigans, then they are compromised because most of us would not be down for that and would try to protect Otis, who seems to be one of their assets now.

Since his threat was directed at me and the fact that his FB might be compromised, I feel that it’s a bad move if I message him. With my luck (and seeing one too many movies), I’ll message him, then he dies and I get another phone call saying “I warned you not to contact him”.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I’ve interacted with both Otis and Stick Man. My interaction with Stick Man was more impactful and felt more genuine. While I don’t want to see a nice old guy get hurt, I’ll admit at this point, a bad guy who admits he’s bad is looking pretty good.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Man, I take a step back from Lust for a weekend and I come back to Otis being messed with.

Not cool unknown shadowy people. Not cool.

Maybe we should ask him if he’s been shown a helmet recently?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can someone remind me if Stick Guy is an investor?

Jackie
      Participant

awe no, the decent into madness begins. The Lust wheel turns once more.

Kevin
      Participant

@birdiesrunamok It isn’t totally clear whether he’s an investor or not. He was in a back room on the day of registration, but I’m not sure he ever actually interacted with the investors.

Jackie
      Participant
       scot
      Participant

This really sucks and makes me sad. Not only are they messing with someone we genuinely care about and have opened up to, but potentially they have compromised his as a resource to use against us. Not just us, but through Facebook they know a lot about our friends and families as well. An even worse scenario that has been going through my head is that we are participating in the most diabolical episode of Undercover Boss ever. That said, I think those that have actually meet and talked with Otis would have seen through that smoke screen.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Otis felt like the OSDM’s play toy the moment he was introduced. Whatever has been going on with his mind, headaches, etc, I think has been going on since before we met him.

Breaks my heart.

Cristen
      Participant

Has anyone spoken to Janice? Maybe she has some insight into our poor friend’s condition. @bcbishop have you tried her?

Neil
      Participant

Next time you chat, see if there is any sort of helmet involved.

Mike
      Participant

@nking – Remember a couple months ago when Otis complained of headaches on Facebook? I asked him about helmets then and he didn’t seem to remember them, but now that we know he’s time slipping, it might not be that far off

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Just messaged her per your excellent suggestions, @wanda102. Doesn’t look like she has been online in quite a while, but I will update the thread should she respond.

Sage
      Participant

@bcbishop, @wanda102, I messaged her yesterday (we had a brief interaction via pm before) and asked about Otis and told her we were worried, but haven’t heard anything back?

Chris
      Participant

I think pinning the label of “damsel in distress” on Otis is too simplistic after what we heard yesterday. A lot of people have been assuming Otis will be a calf led to slaughter in order to break our hearts, but what if it’s the opposite? Otis may turn out to be the most dangerous person in this experience. The one we’ll fear the most.

Maranda
      Participant

I went to Hong Kong for the weekend to see family, but I’m back in Japan now!

@mike
      , I’m so sorry to hear about what Otis is going through and that you were threatened. Whoever THEY are, they’ve purposely cut off our communication with him for a reason.

We’re not getting traditional puzzles for Lust like we did for Tension, but maybe this is its own kind of puzzle: how to send someone a message without letting the people who are monitoring him know about the message or the contents — a (presumably) timed puzzle with consequences for failure. Anyone got any ideas?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@mike you know, you could’ve referred Otis to a crisis from called Klein & St. Jude. I hear they have slots open for personal consultations.

Russell
      Participant

There is an interesting parallel here to something that happened to me last year. At one point during the Tension experience, Addison reached out to me. When I responded, someone entered the conversation and told me to “never contact her again.”
      From then on, any communication came from her and I really had no way to reach out except by using the channel I was specifically told not to use. I didn’t want to do that in case it had a negative effect on her.

@mike
      … I relate to the weird position you are in.

Viewing 57 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar