Call from Mason 8/29

This topic has 50 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Violet.

• Author
       Violet
      Participant

After a brief email exchange, Mason asked if he could call me. I gave him my number. He finally called…the first thing he asked was if I was recording. I told him no, and he said first of all he wanted me to know that no matter what I’ve heard, he’s not a monster. I said, yeah there seems to be a lot of that going around. Then he said he wanted to ask me about my experiences with alternate reality games, is that okay? I said sure. He asked me if I followed the Lust Experience on social media. I confirmed. He asked the same thing he asked @kortneydarling, if I’ve ever felt the quotations had felt “personal shall we say” or particularly relevant. I was like, yeah sure, sometimes. He said “super, you’re doing great.” Then he mentioned the post the page made the other day with the Hole song “Violet.” I told him I didn’t know if they were specifically calling me out but I was amused, I left my little comment, I thought it was funny that it came after I replied to Joyce’s post. He asked if I would believe that that’s why he’s calling. I said, “at this point, I’m willing to believe pretty much anything.” He said “you realize they did that on purpose, don’t you? this is what they do, this is how they operate, the synergy that controls their power. I said, “hmm…that’s an interesting turn of phrase.” and he laughed and said, “don’t you fuck with me, Violet (but very casually, like you’d say to a friend). this isn’t something someone like you should take lightly. that’s why I’m fucking calling you!!”

Suddenly he asked if I knew Taylor Swift had a new album out. I said she wasn’t my favourite but yeah, I’d heard. He said that he “couldn’t understand why her & Katy Perry can’t see eye to eye when they’re both wearing personas and have clearly been hurt before.” He started singing “I kissed a girl and I liked it” and giggled (TOTES CREEPY BTW) and said I should listen to Taylor’s new single. He listens to popular music to calm down…he puts himself under too much pressure.

This is when shit got suuuuuuper creepy. He mentioned red raj (the henna I use) and told me he bought some. That he smells it (I think he said something about picturest?? we were talking at the same time at some points, I said henna has a very distinct smell, and henna isn’t very interesting to look at lol) and it’s “almost like you’re here. it calms me down too.” After that he asked how many tattoos I had. I told him 8. He asked what they were & I told him a couple (spirals, a compass, drama mask kitty cats- he seemed interested in that in particular, and I told him I was a theatre kid in high school). He asked if I wanted more. I said I do. He said “would you mark yourself with my crest so our power could grow?” I was like, “um that depends on what kinda crest and what kinda power we’re talking about!”

He then tells me, “you know no one will believe you, right? they’ve muddied the waters so much with their strange, twisted narratives that this will just sound like fiction. you know that right?” I said I didn’t really know what I should believe at this point. He said, “well you can believe I’ll be thinking about you…watching you…until I can smell you in person, that is.” Then he said not to trust “these Tension people” and not to forget him (I said, I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem!”) and that I should ask myself why the previous actors are so scared to talk to him, and now us. Then he hung up.

Y’ALL WTF IS THIS SHIT???

Maranda
      Participant

I don’t know if Mason knows he is being creepy or what, but if this keeps up he’s going to alienate any support he would have had.

Chelsea
      Participant

Well that’s fucking creepy as shit.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I fucking called it: Mason is a god damn serial killer…

Chloe
      Participant

….

Welp, that settles it. Mason is officially cuckoo for coco puffs.

Sean

Does anyone else get similar vibes from Mason as they did the photographer during the System event?

Megan
      Participant

He said “would you mark yourself with my crest so our power could grow?”

What the everlovingfuck does that even mean?

He said, “well you can believe I’ll be thinking about you…watching you…until I can smell you in person, that is.”

I take it back. Dude’s creepy. I’m not helping him.

Violet
      Participant

am I gonna become Mason’s new skin suit?!?! I don’t wanna be a skin suit. I like my skin where it is!!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

MASON

Soon you will be your own personal perfume

Violet
      Participant

@coryphella I have no idea what that means, but Anoch was my first thought…

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@erisbonn He doesn’t want to wear your skin… just make you wear his crest of power and sniff your tattoos. It’s not weird at all…perfectly normal behavior

Violet
      Participant

and what was all that about Taylor Swift & Katy Perry?? there had to be a reason other than being batshit loonyballs to bring that up… “they both wear personas and have clearly been hurt before”???

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Are Taylor Swift and Katy Perry meant to be a metaphor for him and Joyce?

Chris
      Participant

This is very disheartening. Not only has Mason proved himself to be creepy and inappropriate, but his allusion to a crest to be marked with makes the Briarberg Collective sound like just another cult. His message is still an interesting one vis-a-vis their personal view of reality vs. game, but he’s going about this all wrong. My gut tells me that the Collective isn’t responsible for the rash of phone calls/Stephanie’s surveillance today, but the recording could have been leaked to Mason along with the rest of the files, I suppose. His informant might still be inside. So I’m not ruling anything out. I’d love to know what the Midnight Commission thinks of this new player, though I suppose Mason would just call them another narrative. @111error? @staceyerikson? The enemy of your enemy is your…?

Kevin
      Participant

This is when shit got suuuuuuper creepy. He mentioned red raj (the henna I use) and told me he bought some. That he smells it (I think he said something about picturest?? we were talking at the same time at some points, I said henna has a very distinct smell, and henna isn’t very interesting to look at lol) and it’s “almost like you’re here. it calms me down too.”

@erisbonn
      Is there somewhere he could have easily found this information?

He said “would you mark yourself with my crest so our power could grow?” I was like, “um that depends on what kinda crest and what kinda power we’re talking about!”

We’ve only seen one thing (so far) that could be described as a crest and that’s the Lust logo. It seemed tied to power the night of Registration and it was on the Encroaching Dusk email which mentioned that “power is the only law”.

superstar
      Participant

@kevin What about the crest on the chair on the stage at the System seminar? There’s a pic floating around out there from a prior post. Anyone?

Violet
      Participant

@kevin I’ve been asking myself that…the only thing I can come up with is that I mentioned it on fb the other day cos a friend asked if I used anything on my hair. OH SHIT THAT WAS ON MY PROFILE PIC I MUST NOT HAVE SET THAT TO FRIENDS ONLY LIKE I USUALLY DO

Violet
      Participant

That’s gotta be where he got that. Only thing I can figure where it came up recently.

Chris
      Participant

Did anyone actually listened to Taylor Swift’s new single?

Look What You Made Me Do
      Taylor Swift

[Look What You Made Me Do]

I don’t like your little games
      Don’t like your tilted stage
      The role you made me play
      Of the fool
      No, I don’t like you

I don’t like your perfect crime
      How you laugh when you lie
      You said the gun was mine
      Isn’t cool
      No, I don’t like you
      Ooh

But I got smarter
      I got harder
      In the nick of time
      Honey I rose up from the dead
      I do it all the time
      I got a list of names
      And yours is in red, underlined
      I check it once
      Then I check it twice
      Ooh

Ooh look what you made me do
      Look what you made me do
      Look what you just made me do

Look what you made me do

I don’t like your kingdom keys
      They once belonged to me
      You asked me for a place to sleep
      Locked me out
      And threw a feast (What?)

The world moves on
      Another day
      Another drama drama
      But not for me
      Not for me
      All I think about is karma
      And then the world moves on
      But one thing is for sure
      Maybe I got mine
      But you’ll all get yours

But I got smarter
      I got harder
      In the nick of time
      Honey I rose up from the dead
      I do it all the time
      I got a list of names
      And yours is in red, underlined
      I check it once
      Then I check it twice
      Ooh

Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

I don’t trust nobody
      And nobody trusts me
      I’ll be the actress
      Starring in your bad dreams

I don’t trust nobody
      And nobody trusts me
      I’ll be the actress

I don’t trust nobody
      And nobody trusts me
      I’ll be the actress

I don’t trust nobody
      And nobody trusts me
      I’ll be the actress

“I’m sorry, but the old Taylor
      can’t come to the phone right now
      Why?
      Oh, ’cause she’s dead. ”

Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So…. were absolutely not in Kansas anymore.

Violet
      Participant

for some reason I can’t edit my post but it wasn’t @kortneydarling I was thinking of, it was @creepsociety ‘s email exchange with Mason…oops!

Violet
      Participant

welp, that’s a thing @kwanyin

FAAAAAAACK.

Violet
      Participant

So Mason HAD to know I’d be posting this shit here…who’s that song intended for?? Joyce?? Us?? LIL OL ME??

Chris
      Participant

Actually, what did he do???
      (SO many things in this lyrics, from the keys to the actress, too many clues going on).

Robert Fuller
      Participant

If we have to start listening to fucking Taylor Swift to solve this mystery, I’m out.

Violet
      Participant

@kwanyin Has he already done it or is it what he’s GOING to do?? Yeah, that song’s clearly meant to mean SOMETHING…there’s too much there for it not to.

Violet
      Participant
       Robert Fuller
      Participant

They just posted a Katy Perry song on Facebook, so I guess she’s the important one.

Chris
      Participant

NOT a Katy Perry song. It says it is, but the actual audio is Mason’s Children by the Grateful Dead. Wow.

Lauren Bello

NOT a Katy Perry song. It says it is, but the actual audio is Mason’s Children by the Grateful Dead. Wow.

Seems like a hint that @remrelganaps is right, and that Katy vs Taylor = Mason vs Joyce.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah… so Mason IS kind of creepy. Or he’s Bill Murray “No One will Ever Believe you.”

Jackie
      Participant

GIRL, WILD.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

This song was posted from a brand new account labeled “T G” and they uploaded this trickster mislabeled song just for us. Labeled as a Katy Perry song because of our discussion about Mason mentioning the new Katy Perry song in the call.

So who is TG.

Violet
      Participant

@thebuz yeaaaaahhh I’m going with creepy, Bill Murray prolly doesn’t tell people he can’t wait to smell them.

Lia
      Participant

@meghanmayhem… It’s the OG TG

Timothy muthafuckin’ Granick

Chelsea
      Participant

Ok, so this song. What if it’s telling a story somehow. What if this is foreshadowing/replaying our week?

Monday: “All his children grew and grew.” Almost a great fight between Mason and Joyce (I was so ready for that). We, for the first time, kind of got together and were like “well… maybe we hear him out?”
      Tuesday: “Never knew so much before.” Phone calls, recordings, leaks.
      Wednesday: “All his children ran in fear. They ain’t never hear it so well before. Swore they’d never show their face again.” Weeeeelp.
      Thursday/Friday: “With buyers tall and bright, cooked a feast. Take me to the repo man to buy back what is stole.” More welping.

Megan
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants – good catch on the TG.

Also full lyrics to the song in case anyone wants them:

Mason died on Monday, we bricked him in the wall
      All his children grew and grew, they ain’t never grown so tall before
      They may never grow so tall again

We dug him up on Tuesday, he hardly aged a day
      Taught us all we ever knew, we ain’t never known so much before
      We may never know so much again

The wall collapsed on Wednesday, we chalked it up to fate
      Mason’s children ran and flew, they ain’t never run so fast before
      Swore they’d never show their face again
      Mason was a mighty man, a mighty man was he

Always said when I’m dead I’m gone, don’t you weep for me
      Thursday came then Friday, with buyers tall and bright
      Mason’s children cooked the stew and cleaned up when the feast was through
      Take me to the repo-man to pay back what is owed
      If he’s in some other land write it off as stole

Chris
      Participant

“Look what you made me do”
      “Mason died on Monday”.

(I feel like intruding taking part on the discusion at this point, but i’ve being following up with it all on slack and here maybe twice a week, and some weird things are happening on my social media – bunch of US militar men fake acounts trying to add me daily and asking me if I like theater, nothing serious – so I came back to he only US “connection” I was having these days and this shit is going on. So sorry if its not he best time for newbies to intrude).

Violet
      Participant

WELP INDEED.

Maranda
      Participant

@kwanyin No worries, anytime is the best time.

Violet
      Participant

@kwanyin could be unrelated, could be in-game…if there even is a game at this point. the timing is odd, considering.

Kristin
      Participant

Girlll this is creepy.

Chris
      Participant

(@violet actually is happening for a while now and increased this week, and I just noticed that the first fake profile send me an invitation a couple days before I got an Lust email invitation (first email I ever got). I think its totally random actually, but a particular fake profile asking my if I liked theater caught my atention. Just weird because they are mostly fake profiles from Military Intel people. Anyway, got me back here, even if the time zone diference still kills me and even if I still have to be up on set in like, 4 hourns.?)

Jackie
      Participant
       Violet
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Actually he mentioned the new T-Swift song & sang Katy’s…um, “classic”. Seems TPTB are mocking him & they’re also assuming he mentioned Taylor’s new song for a reason, and given the lyrics, that’s likely a correct assumption.

@theladyj
      YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! I GOT ONE FINALLY!!

Kevin
      Participant

I should ask myself why the previous actors are so scared to talk to him, and now us.

Don’t really know why, but this made me think of a quote from what seems like so long ago now:

“When they stop believing you, that’s when you’ll know it’s begun.”

Tonight, on Slack, a said:

This hasn’t begun

Whatever the case is, it sure feels like we’re getting close now.

Violet
      Participant

@kevin YES!! That has to be relevant…when did that originally come up?? I know it was before I got involved, I vaguely recall reading it when I was trying to get caught up but don’t remember who said it or what happened. Mason even said it outright…”you know no one will believe you.” Things are escalating, and now that sounds even more ominous.

Cristen
      Participant

@erisbonn that quote is from the sex worker that @bcbishop met in the hotel when he thought he was meeting Noah way back in the early days of Lust. I’m less unnerved by this not having “begun” yet than by the realization that we don’t even know what’s beginning anymore.

Violet
      Participant

That’s right!! Thanks for the reminder, @wanda102…and I’m right there with ya. When A showed up in slack last night, they deleted a message of theirs that said something along the lines of “You all have no idea” but left their message saying “This hasn’t begun.” HMMMM…

Sage
      Participant

Is it weird that I’m actually liking Mason more and more… He’s hilarious and creepy, but in a good creepy way. I’d probably be friends with him.

Violet
      Participant

@sfire8 I 1000000% see the Crispin Glover comparison. He was certainly a charming creepy bastard. We’d prolly be friends if he weren’t so concerned with how I smell all the time!

Viewing 50 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar