Book Release on the Ides of March Possible Symbolism

This topic has 114 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by superstar.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

One thing that I feel is getting overlooked at this point is that everything that happened at the book release party was on the Ides of March. The Ides of March is the day Caesar was assassinated. DLB is basically our Caesar, got slapped, and possibly burned in the fire causing his possible death. Then the man on stage said out of the ashes the phoenix will rise. Could DLB be in the literal ashes of the OOA and rise again?

A week after the Ides, they had the Arbor intrat, followed by 3 days of mourning which led to the rebirth of Attis on March 25th. So what if March 25th is the “rebirth” of DLB? He comes back…as someone/something we’re not expecting. Maybe he comes back stronger and more powerful against (or for) the OSDM?

Then to get super nerdy, Caesar’s death was a closing event in the crisis of the Roman Republic, and triggered the civil war that would result in the rise to sole power of his adopted heir Octavian. What is Clint is Octavian and Clint tries to take the power from DLB? I made a joke about OSDM knowing where and when to go, so they must have information. What if…Clint is that leak and this is all part of his master plan to take control?

What if the civil war is represented by OSDM and the “Never Silent” people? Or the OSDM and us? We already have a community backlash against the OSDM for what they did to Darren….maybe we are supposed to be the phoenix to “Rise Up”?

Cristen
      Participant

I studied Greco Roman Myth and History back in my university days and I am THRILLED you’ve made this connection. The 25th is as good a day as any to keep our eyes open.

Mike
      Participant

Just thought of something else! The cipher in @moustachemax email was a CAESAR CIPHER!!!

Cristen
      Participant

@mike I just screamed a little.

Mike
      Participant

Honestly, so did I @wanda102 haha I may have shouted with excitement at work 🙂

Nosnevets
      Participant

Sean

@mike wasn’t Myles talking about “someone’s about to get stabbed”? Adds a bit more Julius Caesar imagery there

Mike
      Participant

Holy shit @thegilded that’s right!! He did! You can hear it on @electrichippo s video. He walked right past me with his knife out too!

Kimberly Stewart
        Participant

@mike, yes! Myles’ comment was priceless. Team Myles all day long. I like that man’s style. Glad to see he somehow resurrected from the “dead.”

Nosnevets
        Participant

@electrichippo 1. I love Myles.
        2. I think it’s fair to say that Myles, as well as the rest, are separate entities from their characters…literally haha. Their characters were splattered across the warehouse during the end, but when the “act” dropped and the PAs and stagehands started moving equipment out there was not a dead body in sight. Only puddles of blood pooling around. That may have been the last bit of emotional data to be gathered by the ODSM. So Myles was never dead, but the photographer is/was?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@thegilded To be fair, Samson DID get stabbed in The End.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Holy shit, @mike.

The assassination thing makes a LOT of sense. Let’s look at the context of the week. Darren and Clint had just taken part in a conference known worldwide to talk about how Tension was something they’d just made up and were totally in control of. Then two days later they released a book talking about how it was all something they’d created. They were taking ownership — stepping out of line — until Michelle came along to shut Darren down.

And the idea about Clint as Octavian… I may be grasping at straws here, but when the whole “two calls” incident happened, Clint was not around at all. When Darren found out what had happened, he kept saying that he needed to talk to him. At the time, I took it as DLB being really worried about some third party being involved, and wanting to touch base with Clint so they could figure out what the hell was going on. But what if the rogue party was, in fact, Clint himself making his move?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Oh this is juicy as shit.
      Clint, you sneaky bastard.

Careful Icarus.

Cristen
      Participant

@mike, @bcbishop hm..so who is Brutus in this analogy? Michelle? Does that fit with her being someone once trusted acting in the role of betrayer, now? (Forgive me, I’m still catching up on Tension facts)

Mike
      Participant

Whoa @bcbishop , that makes SO much sense!! Maybe Darren thought he could do what he wanted at this point since it was over and OSDM had to come back to tell him “they are in fucking control”.

And super interesting about Clint not being around while you got that call. Makes you think even more…hmmm

Mike
      Participant

@wanda102 – What if….Sabrina is Brutus? Think about it…everything that Darren put her through in the last year. The emotional distress of doing Periscopes in Switzerland, the script changes, etc…and after The End, she realized all of this was “his” fault. So she talks to Clint and Clint feels the same way for pretty similar reasons. Then they conspire to take it all back

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Mike.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@mike You are killing me here, dude. Feeling a little sick to my stomach.

More color from Austin: when the No Caller ID calls came in, I obviously got excited/nervous/Tension-y. Showed the calls to Sabrina, who smiled like a cheshire cat and said, “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.” She later told Darren about the calls, which made him quite anxious.

When I posted a photo of them chatting on Instagram, Sabrina left a comment: “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.”

On Wednesday, I said hello and introduced her to my wife. Sabrina said one thing and left: “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.”

I don’t think any of us are fine. At all.

Sean

I’d say that it might be less literal. Tension may be Darren’s Brutus. Julius loved his friend Brutus and Darren loved his creation Tension, and both got to experience the betrayal of the things they loved leading to their downfall

Winston Smith
      Participant

@mike Wow, great theory, makes a lot of sense!

Mike
      Participant

That’s great way to look at it @thegilded and one I never even thought of! Yay theory nerding! Just like old times 🙂

@bcbishop
      – Interesting. So if you’ll be just fine..AND you got the phone call. Maybe they assume you’re with them. Octavian killed 300+ people who fought against him. Maybe your path isn’t your own?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@mike Perhaps. But allegiances can be a funny thing. One shouldn’t just assume they know where another stands.

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop – Agreed…but I hope for your sake, they don’t read what you just wrote

😉

Chris
      Participant

As a theatre teacher, I’m loving this. I think it’s worth noting, to give Clint the benefit of the doubt, that Octavius had no part in the planning of the assassination of Caesar. He came to power because Caesar actually wished it to be so in his will, and one of the first things Octavius did after accepting the bequeathal was to hunt down the assassins. Remember that one of the first indications that DLB was missing yesterday was a concerned Facebook post from Clint. Was that just theatre as part of a larger plot, or was it genuine concern from a friend who will now be forced by circumstance onto the throne?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub
      It’s a classic diversion of guilt technique. Oh no, my wife is missing. Won’t someone please find her? I’m so worried. I hope we find her soon! I definitely didn’t bury her in 5 pieces in our garden!

Mike
      Participant

Very good points @macbethinabathtub !

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@meghanmayhem @macbethinabathtub Occam’s razor take to keep things interesting: Perhaps the same fate has befallen Clint, it just took a little longer for the nefarious group that disappeared DLB to get to him.

If he was misdirecting, he wouldn’t delete his “Call me back!” Facebook posts. Somebody trying to erase evidence of the entire thing, however, would.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I’m not pointing any fingers, but a thought has crossed my mind repeatedly since the book release. Some of us (for example: me @thegilded @mike maybe??) can be fairly emotionally stoic. Darren all but promised Lust would “break our hearts.” What better way to start down that path than to have our friends betray us? Again, not pointing fingers, but many of us consider Sabrina, Darren and Clint to be our friends now. What if one or more of them isn’t what they’ve claimed to be? Nothing worse than being stabbed in the back by someone you trusted.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@electrichippo I 100% agree with this. After Tension many of us (most) got pretty tight with the creators and cast. While I think initially they didn’t want this as it makes it harder for them to mess with us… I think they may have figured out a way to utilize that connection for nefarious plans.

LUST is going to be about breaking us emotionally in ways that weren’t attempted in Tension. What better way to deliver an emotional gut punch then from someone who you consider to be a close friend.

Hell this happened to me at the book signing, though I wouldn’t call it an emotional gut punch. As I was having a friendly conversation about work and what have you with Sabrina she started acting funny and went right back into doing the “You aren’t buying all this are you?”

At the time and the day after… I was actually rather annoyed. I just wanted to drink some wine (oh and I did) and chat with the creators and cast of this cool thing I got to be apart of, I wasn’t emotionally ready to start playing the mind games again.

Took me by surprise, and I’m the type of person that attempts to predict every single conversation and situation as the unexpected makes me flip out.

So if that was the intention…. fuck you DLB/CS. But also good job. But also fuck you. 🙂

Mike
      Participant

@electrichippo – I love this and hate this all in one :/

Anonymous
      Inactive

@electrichippo I pledge my allegiance to the Disciples of Myles! Myles Forever!

Chris
      Participant

Nah, you’ll be just fine, @bcbishop.

I agree that the Clint of it all could go any number of ways, but if DLB is compromised, Clint is clearly the key. Octavius was overseas studying at a military school when Caesar was assassinated, so that makes sense in the narrative since Clint wasn’t at the book party. Whoever is trying to take control would know they’d either need to recruit Clint or take him out too as DLB’s partner. So whether Clint is secretly behind it all, next on the chopping block, or the hero we all need right now, we should expect big things.

And I agree with @mike, it would be the most emotionally resonant choice, not just for DLB but for us, in Sabrina took on the role of Brutus. She stayed in the building during the fire as well. et tu, Sabrine?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@electrichippo Are you insinuating that Myles is part of the OSDM/Lust faction? That seems very very out of character for such a soft spoken friendly man who warned all of us the moment we met him.

Winston Smith
      Participant

Not Myles, no! He’s got that soft, deep voice, and those big puppydog eyes that make him appear so sweet, caring, and kind. I just can’t picture him shanking anyone.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@winstonsmith Someone’s got a cruuuuushhh~…

Chris
      Participant

At this point I suspect anyone who didn’t leave the building with us. Sabrina, Myles, Sentinal. You’d need a lot of conspirators to pull this off.

Winston Smith
      Participant

@kipsie Why, you jelly? 🙂 Maybe I shoulda tried to slip Myles my number, instead of slipping DM a note?

Lia
      Participant

Sabrina, was briefly given ultimate power and had it all ripped away. Addison Barrow brought out a side of her that she had probably never seen before, and when everything was taken from her, we were all there to witness it. A weaker person would have retreated back to her old life and hidden from the people that watched her rise and fall from power. But Sabrina did the exact opposite. She stayed as close to DLB as she could, immediately jumping into joint projects and continuing to stay connected with Tension. I don’t claim to know anything about ancient history, but she seems like she’s made a lot of difficult, strategic choices to ensure she keeps getting placed into the room where it happens. I could totally buy her as a Brutus.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

It’s remarkable how quickly I went from “Ok, I get it. I know what’s going on. Wait.. hold on… I’ve gone cross-eyed…”

But I think I’m starting to make some sense of this all… maybe…

Mike
      Participant

@nosnevets brings up a good point….BUT….what if all of this…all of Ascension was part of it? Caesar has as many as 60 conspirators and how big was the Ascension cast? The dots are connecting!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Mike.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Sure, Myles has always seemed nice. I was talking to him by the stage right before Michelle showed up, and he said how much fun the St. Agatha shoot had been, and was radiating more positivity than I think I’ve ever seen from a person. Then moments later he apparently had a hunting knife in his hand, so….

Anonymous
      Inactive

@winstonsmith Yes. :3

I dunno about y’all, but I’ll be crushed if we find out that Myles is secret OSDM.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@meghanmayhem I’m not accusing Myles of anything out of character, but I couldn’t tell exactly who Myles’ was addressing with his “cut” comment. If I had to place a bet I’d say he was addressing the gasoline pouring thugs. The Compound is Myles’s home and he seems the type of man who would defend what is his… possessions but more importantly, the people he loves.

Lia
      Participant

@bcbishop All of them were nice! Even the ones that ruffled our feathers in the moment (coughDamiencough). That makes the idea of a coup all the more disturbing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Whatever happens, I’m team Clint all the way. A hero will rise!

Maybe…

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I agree with all these statements, that it would be incredibly heart breaking but unbelievably clever if the way they figured out how to get us emotionally is by using the connections we’ve created against us. But hasn’t it been something we’ve all had in the back of our minds the whole time? To be careful what we say to certain people, to be careful to take conversations with a grain of salt.
      I agree with Myles does not seem like the type of man who would be part of this, but he also seems the type that would do something dark to protect those he cares about. That can be used against a person.
      I too had a wonderful one on one conversation with Myles outside the compound and he was warm and appreciative and now I have in my head WAS IT PART OF THE GAME?!?!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@shinobi Clint is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Nosnevets
        Participant

@thebuz A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

So many of us publicly adore Myles that we might have just unwittingly sealed his fate as #1 baddie. (Then again, now that I’ve pointed that out, we might have reversed it again!)

In the spirit of nothing being random, I recall a conversation I had with Darren during the Tension/Lust hiatus. I’d posed an idea: White hat or black hat… which hat might we choose. His reply was: I always go BLACK HAT.

I see you Darren Lynn Bousman.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@thebuz Amen to that, brother.

Nosnevets
      Participant

@electrichippo you see him?? Where is he?? We made milk cartons!

Addison
      Participant

I’m definitely rethinking EVERYTHING from Wednesday now.. @rizzzoooooo and I ran into Sabrina very briefly in the hall outside the red room, where she briefly started acting like Overseer and talked about how she lives in the compound, but then we both kinda laughed it off.

After everything wrapped up, @rizzzoooooo and @electrichippo and I hung back for quite a while after everything was shut down to see if anyone would come out, and we ended up talking to Andy for a while. He mentioned there were two questions he was unable to answer, and (i’m paraphrasing) thanked us many times over for coming out for everything and for helping make it all possible.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@addisonborn You know, you guys DID find that secret bedding area in the attic…

Julie R Goldstein
        Participant

I remember finding that room with the sleeping bag wondering who was spending their nights in the compound… It did in fact seem like the room was being lived in by someone…

Chris
      Participant

So in light of what @thebuz and @addisonborn experienced, what does this mean for Sabrina? Was she experiencing the same sort of glitches that would suggest she’s back under the control of the helmet somehow, or is Sabrina doing this entirely of her own volition? I guess what I’m asking is– was Addison Barrow at that party?

Clint Sears
      Keymaster

Hey guys,

Thought I should chime in here as it’s starting to veer pretty far off course. Darren is okay, he is not missing, just spoke with on the phone.

Thank you guys for your concern, everything is completely fine.

cs

Meghan Mayhem
        Participant

@clint-sears EVERYTHING IS FINE. DO NOT INVESTIGATE. EVERYONE IS HAPPY.

Winston Smith
        Participant

@clint-sears Is that so? Why can’t Darren say hello himself then? “Hey, guys…Elvis is totally fine. He’s just resting his eyes.”

Addison
      Participant

@meghanmayhem there were some flip flops in there that were waaaaaay too big for her up there. Like probably mens size 11-12ish?

@macbethinabathtub
      I really hope she was just fucking with us. PLEASE be just fucking with us, Sabrina.

Cristen
      Participant

Perhaps a naive question but: If they ARE using our connections to the characters/actors to emootionaly manipulate us, how would this work for those who haven’t done Tension?

Addison
      Participant

hey @clint-sears, good to see you on here, and good to know he’s safe..

but… uh…. it’s kind of unprecedented that a theory conversation, no matter how out there, would be moderated and steered by a creator, no?

i mean, i trust you because of the taco bell besties club, but i don’t think i’m alone in thinking things ended a bit weirdly on wednesday, right? (you were most definitely missed, btw)

Sean

Damn it I really thought we were on to something with Clint and Myles stabbing Darren in the back so that they could take power over the Roman Empire…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great question @wanda102 I’ve really felt at a disadvantage and out of the loop. But then again. Sometimes outsiders see things that those that “know” the truth can’t, or won’t.

Mike
      Participant

Totally @clint-sears It’s all fine

Cristen
      Participant

@ziegenbart I don’t feel really disadvantaged or anything and I’m enjoying the fun speculative ride. I just wonder if my emotional response to something like that would be muted because I don’t have personal experience with these characters thus far. I’m still following along eagerly.

Russell
      Participant

@addisonborn I had the chance to speak with Sabrina briefly at the gathering on Wednesday. She suddenly became distracted and walked away in a hurry as someone else approached to say something to me. She moved to the rear of one of the adjacent corridors, away from the crowd.

A couple of minutes passed and I was able to follow her… she had joined another conversation. @111error had joined me at this point and we both saw Sabrina seemed slightly concerned that we had noticed her odd behavior. She laughed it off as a headache she has been dealing with and insisted she was fine… and moved away.

@clint-sears

…as it’s starting to veer pretty far off course.

This community? “far off course” ????
      The hell you say……… 😉

111error
        Participant

A couple of minutes passed and I was able to follow her… she had joined another conversation. @111error had joined me at this point and we both saw Sabrina seemed slightly concerned that we had noticed her odd behavior. She laughed it off as a headache she has been dealing with and insisted she was fine… and moved away.

@Russell
        There were lots of other weird things about that interaction that we didn’t discuss. Something was definitely muddying our chances of a real chat..

Anonymous
      Inactive

@clint-sears Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey guys. Shelly Miscavige is totally fine.
      Definitely not missing.
      No, she doesn’t want to prove it or anything.
      Totally fine.

Love,
      LAPD

Addison
      Participant

uh – dlb u ok

(hope that link works)

Mike
      Participant

A couple of minutes passed and I was able to follow her

@russell
      Stalker much?

😛

Lia
      Participant

@addisonborn I definitely saw you talking to him. We are in for a real mess here.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

The slap heard round the world!

I’m on board for the Darren brainwashing!

Mike
      Participant

@clint-sears – Two weren’t enough? Now three? I’m onto you!

Addison
      Participant

Just talked to @clint-sears, to make sure he’s good and that Darren’s good since he’s acting kinda weird. Clint says “just tired” and that he’ll have to go dark soon since Lust is starting soon. I asked if we should then consider anything that’s happened so far as non-Lust related/OOG. He said he’ll find out.

EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY FINE. THERE’S NOTHING FISHY. WE GOOD FAM.

Megan
      Participant

Megan
      Participant

And this, which @mike pointed me to – he says it was Tom Donovan’s profile:

Melissa
      Participant

…..HUH.

WTF is going on?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Why does it say Jerome David Salinger 33 in URL? What the fuck is going on?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I am so confused, but I’m loving this!

Megan
      Participant

@thebuz – I don’t know, I didn’t follow Tom Donovan’s FB account, was it always that?

Sean

Don’t be confused. Darren is totally safe, just ask Clint.

Everything is fine.

There is no cause for concern.

Trust Them.

Addison
      Participant

the new “Clint Sears” profile was Tom Donnovan/Mr. Ohio previously.. Which was actually ~four.

i don’t think anything’s changed for the past year-ish until now?

Megan
      Participant

Sean

It was Salinger as far back as I remember. Being an 8 year old account, I believe that it was around when Facebook made the switch from random Unique-ID’s to using the account first/last name.

When it switched, it brought in whatever name it was using at the time and due to the fact that it was a fake account, I strongly suspect that this account cycled through a couple names, Salinger being one of the old aliases

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – What’s interesting about that is…it’s an ancient Egyptian mirror. The term paper was about reflection. Maybe “time to update” is there way of changing the story. In the book and interviews they mention having to rewrite things based on some story lines not going somewhere, but others did.

Melissa
      Participant

That’s an old ass mirror* @coryphella — so time to update…..by showing someone’s face? Gah my head.

*I think

Megan
      Participant

@mkarrett – SERIOUSLY. My head too.

REFLECTION.

(Also I was giddy reading the paper because the diagrams looked an awful lot like Stanley McCandless lighting…)

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I also visited briefly with Sabrina, who seemed oddly aloof. She asked me what time it was, and I said, “7:30, I think”.
      She seemed shocked at that, and I checked my phone. “Sorry. 7:45” And she said something I don’t recall, but it was the aloofness that struck me.

Now, let us remember our Marcus Aurelius, Clarice. Of each thing, ask, “What is its nature?”
      “To entertain”.
      “No. That is incidental.”
      “To deceive”
      “No, but closer”
      To manipulate. Writers, Directors, and Actors exist for one purpose: to manipulate.
      And what better than an audience oh-so-willing to be manipulated?

Will you be a puppet, or you will be Pinocchio?

“I got no strings to hold me down…”

Kristin
      Participant

WUT IN TARNATION IS HAPPENING HERE ?

Melissa
      Participant

Gurl @creepsociety I don’t even know anymore. Dis iz tew much.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

Seems there are various Book Release cast/crew interactions being discussed here, so:

I wanted to add onto what @addisonborn was saying earlier in regards to our time with London May, the actor who played (plays?) Sentinel. When we came across him he was sitting alone in the Medical Room, looking at the new book and typing into his phone. He greeted us in a very un-Sentinel manner, i.e. friendly, upbeat, happy, genuine, NOT insane. Even his hair was a different color, a medium brown instead of black. London explained how he just got his copy of the book and now was trying to work out how to pay for it online real quick, as he tapped away at his phone. I joked with him that he should have received a free copy considering the number of times he “died” for Darren’s cause, he laughed and joked that he *might* have received a discount. At this point it didn’t even cross my mind that I was talking to anyone other than the real world London May who had left the role of Sentinel long behind.

But then, while talking about what a crowd pleaser the getaway van scene was, London volunteered how he and Julian Booth (“BOS member” actor, also present) actually drove the BOS getaway van to the book release that night. London thought this pretty amusing. I thought it peculiar that they still have access to that van.

Then London asked us “So, what do you know about Lust??” I started wracking my brain wondering if he truly was as clueless as he was making himself out to be on the topic. He really seemed to want us to answer, asking us a few times. He maintained he knew nothing about Lust. I found this unlikely, but okay.

That’s about the time he started telling us how he was instructed not to attend The End, but rather had a stand-in. He laughed that “Sentinel” was placed dead in a dark hallway where it was almost impossible to ID the guy, short of shining a phone light right in his face, which I didn’t do because: dead and respect.

At this point London brought up the night, to paraphrase him, I betrayed him. He was referring to the night of Ascension where I accepted the offer to be The Overseer’s Right Hand. He knew that just prior I’d seen him sitting in the Clock Room chair, beaten to an inch of his life, mumbling and moaning. Next thing he knew Sabrina was coming to him to gloat that she stole his ally right out from under him. He seemed to still feel the sting of betrayal. I talked to him a little about it. Not sure he was buying what I was selling. It was all just very confusing because up until that moment I honestly wouldn’t have even thought London May knew or would have remembered that night had even happened.

Flash forward, post-slap, and no one witnessed London May exit the compound. He has always been one of the more elusive, slippery cast members, but still.

In sum, my logical self says we met the real London May that night, end of story, but the post-Tension paranoid me can’t help but wonder if we were being played.

@addisonborn said: @electrichippo, @rizzzoooooo, and I had a pretty interesting conversation with “Sentinel” last night, I’m not sure if it was IG or OOG now.. He made it a point to tell us that he was not there for The End – the “Sentinel” we saw was someone else. Not sure how much actually matters because everyone else there last night was dead at The End, but maybe that means something?

Michelle told a handful of BOSers before The End that while the “BOS” was actually OSDM, we were the ones that made it real. Then again, it was Michelle so we were probably being played (again). But if this is a new splinter, then B.O.S. 2.0 here we go!!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Two things jumping out at me through this. First is Michelle’s comment about “More bullshit lies and propaganda”. At the moment, I took that as Enoch and the OOA and Tension as the lies. What if the lies she was referring to was indeed that Darren and Clint were the ones in control? That this was all their idea?

Secondly the points about Sabrina’s actions at the party. I came into Tension SUPER late (like November late) so when I came in was right around the time her real identity was circulating. It was through that I found out Sabrina and I had a mutual friend from my old Ohio days. At the book release party I introduced myself and talked briefly with her and brought up our mutual friend. She seemed fine at the time but noticed immediately after our convo she was pacing back and forth on the stage. Almost as if she was thinking / talking to herself. It was the moment I started to realize things weren’t quite all on the up and up and things may be afoot.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Egyptian iconography — Egyptians believed life and death were but a cycle that repeated. A “ka” is a spirit double, with the same memories, feelings, and appearance as the original.

Consider then:

Reflection thematics.
      Clint Sears and Clint-Sears.
      Kind Miles and Knife-Wielding Miles.
      Nice Sabrina and Aloof Sabrina
      ….who warned Buz…”You don’t buy all this, do you? It’s a sham”.

We have entered:

“Stranger Things: The Upside-Down Experience”
      or
      “Twin Peaks: The Black Lodge Experience”

Now, think….and be frightened:

What could be more soul-crushing than all of our beloved OOA citizens to re-appear to us as their respective Ka? Their doppelgängers? That appear as we remember but are very, VERY different?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@larry Sentinel, the calm, quiet, composed and friendly guy?

Megan
      Participant

@larry – Aleister, the guy who’s…here?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

oh god, could you imagine Mary Lynn suddenly acting like Kathy the Processor and scowling and snarking at us in cold and judgmental ways?

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Meanwhile, back at the OOA…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sounds like we’re going through the looking glass…

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

“Going”? We’re through it, baby….

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Thank you for the insightful post @larry!

I can’t help but think this is all part of what they told @lilmsfancpants. Part One is Reflection. We are seeing the reflections–the Ka–of each of these people. But then Phase Two is Imitation.

What are they going to be imitating? Their past selves as they lure us into a comfort? I think at this point we are already weary of them and won’t be so trusting. So it probably won’t be that. So maybe it’s not them that will be doing the imitation. Maybe it’s us? Maybe we’ll need to imitate them to be accepted. Tension was about being present, about being yourself. Maybe this is about playing a part in something larger. Just speculation at this point, but I’m excited to see how it all plays out.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

“I can’t help but think this is all part of what they told @lilmsfancpants.”

Oh! I missed what she was told. Where can I find that/can you recount?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@larry Essential post can be found here, with discussion/theorizing following in the thread. The Cliff’s Note version was 3 stages: Reflection / Imitation / Experience.

This probably goes without saying, but we shouldn’t assume that any of the people involved with the show, from The Creators on down, are who they say they are anymore. Earlier when all the hullabaloo was going on I asked Clint on FB if he was okay. He only responded with a thumbs up, which seemed out of character. I then made up a fake premise in order to ask him something that only he would know the answer to.

He didn’t answer.

thehazelverse
      Participant

Ok…. So… This is my take so far:

A quick break down:

1. Bryan interacted with who we believe may possibly be (I know, it’s convoluted) Michelle and Noah.
      a. he was given a time and room number but no specific location
      b. this happened in Austin, Tx during after a panel and B ended up where thought he should be
      c. Noah was a no-show, but he called he and gave him the run around, cliff hanger type stuff
      2. Sabrina told DLB about the exchange
      3. DLB confronted S and accused B of messing with them because they had messed with B for Tension
      4. The Book Release Party happened.
      a. the set was untouched (seemingly) since THE END
      5. We mingled with the actors and were given free reign of the premises until 8:20 (apx)
      6. Participants have reported noticing the man that would later disrupt the event
      7. NEW INFORMATION (I think): Babyface and I noticed DLB talking intensely to someone (maybe a couple people) He abruptly left that conversation and pulled Sabrina away into a rather heated (but hushed) conversation. They were talking for a while. We didn’t hear what was being said. Suddenly, DLB rushed from the room (the ascension room), and I didn’t see him again until I notice Michelle come in.
      a. BABYFACE BELIEVES HE SAW CLINT WALKING OUT A FEW MINUTES BEFORE M walked in with the Gas Men… He went to get a sharpee and thinks he walked out with him.
      8. Michelle sauntered through, and there were men with gas cans that followed her. I said hello, and that I hadn’t expected to see her there. She paused and gave me a sly smile, before finding the front of the room.
      9. At the point, she caused a scene (that’s been captured and shared many times through out the forum), which included slapping DLB in the face.
      10. DLB is reported to have said something along the lines of, Don’t do this here.
      11. Michelle found and tore her page from the book, and set it on fire. She yelled about how they were still selling lies and spewing propaganda.
      12. A man, identified by Andrew K. (who is releasing a doc on Tension this week on the namesake website) as GK5, shouted at us to, the spectators, to find our seats.
      13. He spoke of a pheonix rising from the flames. The patient and worth would be rewarded.
      14. Then he yelled at us to get the fuck out.
      15. A lady (who identified herself to me later) yelled out that he should leave. He was the person doing something wrong. Why should they leave their own party. This was “the end” for them, and their last good bye.
      16. I asked the man if he was Noah Sinclair (I understand that his face didn’t match the stock photo, and I hadn’t yet seen “NOAH” in the book [suit guy]).
      17. He told me he wasn’t interested in answering my questions. Lia’s husband reminded me of the photo, so I asked GK5 who he was then.
      18. HE continued to yell at us to leave.
      19. Melissa tried to rally us all to stay, until Mad (or Sad?), by name, begged us to leave, in fact, physically leading us out.
      20. We left the building through the gate, the same woman asked us all if DLB had made it out yet. No one saw him, so she rushed back inside.
      21. They closed the gate partially, and then there was just us- a confused crowd with rescued wine and champagne. We waited… and waited…
      22. Until suddenly someone came out, and tried to completely close the gate (from the outside). When they failed, they went back inside, and Michelle was seen yanking the screeching door back in to the almost closed position.
      23. Again we waited. I noticed a woman come around, counting us…
      25. But then it was 10 past 9… and we had been waiting for 30 minutes with no result…
      26. We called and went our separate ways… and now DLB has turned up missing!!!

Thats as far as I’ve gotten…

Oh there was a cryptic email about some sort that involved symbols that are being/have been deciphered.

Lukas L
      Participant

The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes–and ships–and sealing-wax–
      Of cabbages–and kings

And the people bowed and prayed
      To the neon god they made
      And the sign flashed out its warning
      In the words that it was forming
      And the sign said “The words of the prophets
      Are written on the subway walls
      And tenement halls

Never Silent!

Jeremy
      Participant

Thanks for the recap @hazelverse. I’m lost already.

Chloe
      Participant

Ugh, this is what I get for not going on the forums for the past few days, definitely need to make sure I check every day. I’m going through the activity feed and looking through @hazelverse’s breakdown, trying to sort through what I missed. Did an event happen recently?

Chris
      Participant

Hi @chloe welcome back! There was indeed an event Wednesday night, picking up the Tension books at the OOA compound. I would start at the thread in sightings titled Book/Burning to see the videos people took. After that just dive into the 3/16 Call and Where’s Darren threads from yesterday, followed by all the pandemonium from today, especially everything in this thread here and the threads Sabrina, Reflection, and Clint Profiles. But it all stems from what we saw Wednesday night and contacts that were made yesterday, so that would be a good place to begin.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Chris.
       Chloe
      Participant

Thanks so much @macbethinabathtub !

Candace
      Participant

@chloe I looked away just for a few hours and it blew up! So I feel your pain. I just spent an hour reading through everything that just got posted today. People are quick. Fucking detectives and shit. I applaud you all ??

superstar
      Participant

@electrichippo “no one witnessed London May exit the compound.” For what it’s worth, I saw London May headed back toward the compound at approximately 9pm as I was leaving the book release party. So, I’m guessing he didn’t burn.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@superstar Thank you! So, London went back in after the rest of us were ejected. Unfortunately for Sentinel’s past/current allies that really doesn’t make him look less suspicious.

superstar
      Participant

@electrichippo Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 102 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar