Book Release on the Ides of March Possible Symbolism

This topic contains 114 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of superstar superstar 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mike Mike 
    Participant

One thing that I feel is getting overlooked at this point is that everything that happened at the book release party was on the Ides of March. The Ides of March is the day Caesar was assassinated. DLB is basically our Caesar, got slapped, and possibly burned in the fire causing his possible death. Then the man on stage said out of the ashes the phoenix will rise. Could DLB be in the literal ashes of the OOA and rise again?

A week after the Ides, they had the Arbor intrat, followed by 3 days of mourning which led to the rebirth of Attis on March 25th. So what if March 25th is the “rebirth” of DLB? He comes back…as someone/something we’re not expecting. Maybe he comes back stronger and more powerful against (or for) the OSDM?

Then to get super nerdy, Caesar’s death was a closing event in the crisis of the Roman Republic, and triggered the civil war that would result in the rise to sole power of his adopted heir Octavian. What is Clint is Octavian and Clint tries to take the power from DLB? I made a joke about OSDM knowing where and when to go, so they must have information. What if…Clint is that leak and this is all part of his master plan to take control?

What if the civil war is represented by OSDM and the “Never Silent” people? Or the OSDM and us? We already have a community backlash against the OSDM for what they did to Darren….maybe we are supposed to be the phoenix to “Rise Up”?

Profile photo of Cristen Cristen 
    Participant

I studied Greco Roman Myth and History back in my university days and I am THRILLED you’ve made this connection. The 25th is as good a day as any to keep our eyes open.

Participant

Just thought of something else! The cipher in @moustachemax email was a CAESAR CIPHER!!!

Participant

@mike I just screamed a little.

Participant

Honestly, so did I @wanda102 haha I may have shouted with excitement at work 🙂

Profile photo of Nosnevets Nosnevets 
    Participant

Profile photo of Sean Sean 

@mike wasn’t Myles talking about “someone’s about to get stabbed”? Adds a bit more Julius Caesar imagery there

Participant

Holy shit @thegilded that’s right!! He did! You can hear it on @electrichippo s video. He walked right past me with his knife out too!

Profile photo of Meghan Meghan 
    Participant

@thegilded To be fair, Samson DID get stabbed in The End.

Profile photo of Bryan Bryan 
    Participant

Holy shit, @mike.

The assassination thing makes a LOT of sense. Let’s look at the context of the week. Darren and Clint had just taken part in a conference known worldwide to talk about how Tension was something they’d just made up and were totally in control of. Then two days later they released a book talking about how it was all something they’d created. They were taking ownership — stepping out of line — until Michelle came along to shut Darren down.

And the idea about Clint as Octavian… I may be grasping at straws here, but when the whole “two calls” incident happened, Clint was not around at all. When Darren found out what had happened, he kept saying that he needed to talk to him. At the time, I took it as DLB being really worried about some third party being involved, and wanting to touch base with Clint so they could figure out what the hell was going on. But what if the rogue party was, in fact, Clint himself making his move?

Profile photo of Meghan Meghan 
    Participant

Oh this is juicy as shit.
    Clint, you sneaky bastard.

Careful Icarus.

Participant

@mike, @bcbishop hm..so who is Brutus in this analogy? Michelle? Does that fit with her being someone once trusted acting in the role of betrayer, now? (Forgive me, I’m still catching up on Tension facts)

Participant

Whoa @bcbishop , that makes SO much sense!! Maybe Darren thought he could do what he wanted at this point since it was over and OSDM had to come back to tell him “they are in fucking control”.

And super interesting about Clint not being around while you got that call. Makes you think even more…hmmm

Participant

@wanda102 – What if….Sabrina is Brutus? Think about it…everything that Darren put her through in the last year. The emotional distress of doing Periscopes in Switzerland, the script changes, etc…and after The End, she realized all of this was “his” fault. So she talks to Clint and Clint feels the same way for pretty similar reasons. Then they conspire to take it all back

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Mike Mike.
    Profile photo of Bryan Bryan 
    Participant

@mike You are killing me here, dude. Feeling a little sick to my stomach.

More color from Austin: when the No Caller ID calls came in, I obviously got excited/nervous/Tension-y. Showed the calls to Sabrina, who smiled like a cheshire cat and said, “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.” She later told Darren about the calls, which made him quite anxious.

When I posted a photo of them chatting on Instagram, Sabrina left a comment: “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.”

On Wednesday, I said hello and introduced her to my wife. Sabrina said one thing and left: “You’ll be just fine, Bryan.”

I don’t think any of us are fine. At all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar