Autumn Equinox: A descent into the underworld?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 1 month ago.

• Author
     Hannah Schenck 
    Participant

Yesterday had my brain doing all kinds of thinking after @daela & @theladyj both referenced The New Moon of July, which then lead to talk of Spring Equinox and Autumn Equinox. I figured I would research the Autumn since we are in the middle of the two and headed towards winter. Boy, oh boy, did this take me down the rabbit hole… I hope I can make sense of it all for you, this will be lengthy, so here it goes…

The autumn equinox is a mysterious time. It marks an essential passage in the process of enlightenment that is often overlooked, misunderstood and mistaken as dark and heretical. It is the time of balance between day and night, before night takes over and brings the coming winter, a time of darkness and death. This duality between light and dark (Light2Dark/@dark2light) exists within humanity, and in the work of spiritual transformation. All things must die before they can be born, all spiritual ascent requires descent first, and all those that long for light must first face their inner darkness and overcome it.The autumn equinox symbolizes a stage of inner preparation in the process of enlightenment- to make way for the Son to be born within at the winter solstice.

God of light is said to be norm three days after the winter solstice, when the sun is at it’s weakest point and darkness is overpowering. The significance of this is that this god will ascend and gain strength and power, as draws him closer to the summer. The opposite belief goes for the god of dark. Perhaps there is anticipation for this time to come. Light2dark and dark2light could very well be a representation of both the spring and autumn equinoxes. Is the death that is coming in the form of a human sacrifice and we happened to stumble into the practice of such ritual? What inner darkness is being overcome, in anticipation for the son to be born within? The darkness of day grows more and more as we gradually move from autumn equinox to spring. It is said that the winter solstice is the birth or incarnation (Hello Christmas) and the summer solstice is the death and resurrection (Hello Easter).

The solstices and equinoxes are to do with the journey and transitions of the sun, and the sun represents the Son, a both universal and personal spiritual force whose birth or incarnation into a spiritually prepared person has been enacted or allegorized symbolically by enlightened figures throughout time, such as Jesus, Horus, Odin, Hu, Attis, etc.

These figures have symbolic lives that correspond with the summer and winter solstices (birth to death). This is supposedly not a coincidence, but a broader portion to understanding the design of our universe and is meant to reveal the spiritual awakening to humanity… The bigger picture, if you will.

Now that I have laid out the basics of the equinoxes and solstices, let’s get more specific in detail…

There’s ancient myth that the sun god has a rival: the god of darkness, whose reign is the night and the dark half of the year (autumn equinox). We are all familiar with the Egyptian God Horus (and if you’re not, @kortneydarling has a solid thread about him here. Horus was the god of light, and Seth was the god of dark. While I didn’t dive deep into the relationship between the two, I have a basic outline of their relationship. Seth (or Set) was the god of storms, desert, evil, chaos, and war. Seth was envious of his brother Orisis so he killed and dismembered him. Orisis’s wife, Isis reassembled his body, had him embalmed and Orisis, became the reigning king of the afterworld for deserving spirits of the dead. Isis had sex with Orisis’s corpse and thus conceived and birthed Horus, the god of the sky and kingship. Horus and Seth battled over kingship of Egypt and thus Seth held Upper Egypt, while Horus held Lower Egypt. Below is an image of a chest piece depicting the two gods up against each other

Horus vs. Seth

I wonder since we have established a Horace, who is our Seth?

Now onto the autumn equinox and it’s relevance to what has happened, what we have theorized on, or what is still to come…

In Chichen Itza, Mexico, there is an ancient Maya sacred site where the pyramid El Castillo rests, that is dedicated to Kukulcan, the feathered serpent.

At the equinoxes the sun creates an undulating pattern of light on the nine terraces of the pyramid to display seven triangles of light which link up with a stone serpent head at it’s base. As the sun sets, the scales undulate and eventually disappear, giving the visual effect of the serpent descending the nine terraces of the pyramid…
    The feathered serpent is esoteric symbol found in various cultures (with the serpent symbolizing the higher feminine aspect of the person, and the feathers symbolizing the eagle and the higher male aspect). The nine terraces depict the nine layers of the underworld, which the Maya were aware of. The descent of the feathered serpent down these nine terraces enacts the symbolic descent into the underworld in the process of enlightenment, and the serpent with it’s seven scales of light, parallels the symbols of descent into the underworld with seven solar bodies in other ancient sites.

Kukulcan

This made my eyes widen. This instantly had me thinking about @thebuz threadSe7en Deadly Lusts. He pointed out the 7 deadly sins and how they could tie into Lust in many different ways, using word analogies, comparing people, and even the many associations that have been introduced. Further down in that thread, he posted about the Enneagram of Personality. This diagram showcases 9 God-given personalities and the virtues & sins that correlate.

Enneagram of Personality

Is this all coincidental, or does this somehow piece together the bigger picture? Perhaps we as a collective are the serpent and we are on a journey to descend into the underworld, conquering and/or experiencing and/or becoming the 7 sins, as we pass by each obstacle of a personality of the nine. One must descend before they can ascend, is this the plan all along? Some of you have pledged yourself as a sacrifice, would this mean that all those in doing so form the serpent? I would love to post endless theories about what this could all represent but I would like to hear what everyone else has to say, since you sat through this book I just wrote…

Kortney 
    Participant

This has so many connections at least some of it has to apply

Andrew K 
    Participant

Ok @shankfx22 , firstly- great research. This all correlates so closely to everything that’s going on that there’s no way it can be a coincidence.

This in particular grabbed my attention:

“All things must die before they can be born, all spiritual ascent requires descent first, and all those that long for light must first face their inner darkness and overcome it.The autumn equinox symbolizes a stage of inner preparation in the process of enlightenment- to make way for the Son to be born within at the winter solstice.”

Facing our inner darkness to find the light was a KEY ELEMENT of Tension/Ascension.

The last thing I remember being told before getting shoved out the door of Ascension at the end was “whenever you find yourself facing darkness, always lok for the light to guide you down the correct path” (paraphrasing here)

Now, how all of us facing “the darkness” relates to this transnational period and making way for “the son to be born” connects is yet to be seen.

Who/What exactly is “the son”? But it says “born within”. So does that mean that once we face the darkness and get through this “transitional period”- a metaphorical son (Or perhaps sun, as one light) will be born within all of us?

This is a lot to respond to. These are my immediate thoughts, but ill post more as they come to me.

Great job Hannah!

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

Bravo! This has a lot of potential to it.

Hannah Schenck 
    Participant

@anakindrew I’m thinking that the darkness is fear and temptation that tries to lure us from who we are truly at the core, and the light will be the divine enlightenment we shall receive upon driving out the darkness (@dark2light & light2dark). “The son” (or sun) could be our pure selves that we have the potential to be. Being truly present in the moment and having all senses heightened (like in the clock room) brings forth your most intuitive self and therefore, darkness cannot thrive.

Perhaps everything that has been presented to us recently (@joycecarlberg, Fluff, The Resistance, @meghanmayhem being told to keep quiet) is a true test to see where we lie in our darkness. Are we ready and willing to fight through the darkness to get to our light? Are we ready to descend so that we can ascend into a higher being? Is putting all of our trust into any of this part of the darkness, or is it the way of the light?

Buz Wallick 

@shankfx22

Is this all coincidental, or does this somehow piece together the bigger picture? Perhaps we as a collective are the serpent and we are on a journey to descend into the underworld, conquering and/or experiencing and/or becoming the 7 sins, as we pass by each obstacle of a personality of the nine. One must descend before they can ascend, is this the plan all along? Some of you have pledged yourself as a sacrifice, would this mean that all those in doing so form the serpent? I would love to post endless theories about what this could all represent but I would like to hear what everyone else has to say, since you sat through this book I just wrote…

Hell of a post, Hannah.

What you said above here goes right in line with a lot of the metaphysical enlightenment theories we’ve been passing around.

Leaving the cave, burning of the phoenix, sacrifice for their desire… etc..

It seems in order to gain any sort of enlightenment we must go through these rings of fire and self infliction.

Chris 
    Participant

Most of all, what catches my eye here is that in all mythologies, this is an ever lasting circle. Day and light, life and death, all feeding and giving birth to each other. And in this comes the whole duality and symbols we are talking in HERE. Its a self-learning process and a path one must seek and face alone – but at times, the paths are similar and a group gather to reach above and beyond.

But how to keep this path ours and not just serve as ladder to others? For me (probably because I´m only starting here), it always comes to this: what are we doing here? Not only in the psychological and metaphysical way we are talking in the topic above, but why are they letting us stay here? Why they need us? Are we becoming the sacrificial ladder to their path?

And if we are making analogies with our puppeteers… Maybe its not all metaphorical. Don´t we have two suns here? Isn´t Noah himself a son? Doesn´t he himself has a son?

And, food for thought (since we are always associating the Eye with Horus/Horace): “The Eye of Ra has anthropomorphic qualities and is sometimes also called the daughter of Ra. Ra sends out his eye to seek information as well as hand out wrath and vengeance against those who have insulted him. (they are always watching, right?)

Thus, it is a much more aggressive symbol that the Eye of Horus.

The Eye is also given to a variety of goddesses such as Sekhmet, Wadjet, and Bast. Sekhmet once ranged down such ferocity against a disrespectful humanity that Ra eventually had to step in to stop her from exterminating the entire race.

The Eye of Ra commonly sports a red iris.

As if that wasn’t complicated enough, the concept of the Eye of Ra is often represented by another symbol entirely, a cobra wrapped around a sun-disk, often hovering over a deity’s head: most often Ra. The cobra is a symbol of the goddess Wadjet, who has her own connections to the Eye symbol.

WADJET:
    Wadjet is a cobra goddess and the patron of lower Eygpt. Depictions of Ra commonly sport a sun disk over his head and a cobra wrapped around the disk. That cobra is Wadjet, a protective deity. An Eye shown in association with a cobra is usually Wadjet, although sometimes it is an Eye of Ra.

Just to be further confusing, the Eye of Horus is sometimes called a Wadjat eye.” (found here)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar