A little leak from Joyce

Tagged: , ,

This topic has 55 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Hey guys, I’m posting this on behalf of @kasch. Kasch is in Portland and he received a voicemail from @joycecarlberg today (I’m not sure if he has it saved, he will have to upload that another time) as well as an email. Within the email was an audio file which I have, transcribed, uploaded to soundcloud and posted the link below…

LEAK

Audio File

Bugged

RING
      Hello
      Man:”Hi ma’am…and we’re correct there is a leak, please leave your residence immediately. Don’t panic about the gas, the authorities have been called and they are on their way.
      Woman: “There is no gas leak, you have the wrong number”
      Man: “Ma’am this is not a drill, this is all floors one through seven, please evacuate
      Woman: “one through seven? i’m on the 25th
      Man: “the 25th? thats quite tall”
      Woman: “what? it’s not really that tall”

Joyce(?): “No it is, the next tallest…(can’t make it out)… in the entire town is the…(can’t make it out)…. its only 15 stories. Tell me dear do you find it ironic that you just spent most of this call trying to convince me you weren’t in danger?”
      Woman:”oh fuck…”
      Sounded like something happened to her after that like she was taken/kidnapped/hurt…

Can someone try to figure out what the missing pieces to the audio are?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Bye Jenna.

Lia
      Participant

Number one thing worrying me right now, “Thank you for all of your help today.”

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Seems like there’s an opportunity here to figure out where Jenna is staying, no? The British woman (which doesn’t quite sound like the Joyce I met, oddly enough) says that there’s a building in the town she’s in called the Pinewood (might be mishearing that) that’s 15 stories tall. Find the town, track down the only building in that town that has 25 floors or more, and we find Jenna.

But she’ll probably be dead.

Sage
      Participant

Poor Jenna. What’s all the business about the 25th floor and the 15th floor? Just an odd thing to say??

Chris
      Participant

This wasn’t your fault, @kasch, whatever happened. There’s no way you could have known. Jenna knew the risks in calling one of us and she did it anyway. Hopefully she’s alright, but if the worst has happened I hope that the tone of that email and what we heard can convince others what a poisonous Fluffernutter @joycecarlberg really is.

Sage
      Participant

@bcbishop, interesting. Does seem like a clue. She was in LA on Friday, but also was in Lancaster PA?

Kevin
      Participant

@bcbishop Funnily enough, I had just done that. @kasch mentioned Lancaster, PA earlier, but the tallest building in that town is only 15 stories tall (according to my quick research). And like Bryan said, that doesn’t quite sound like Joyce, but that could just be the quality of the recording.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@bcbishop Sounds like Joyce said the 15 story building, not the town, is Pinewood.

From what I can figure out, it almost seems like this call was made in order to suss out exactly where this woman was located.

Un-fucking-cool Joyce.

Chris
      Participant

As much as I believe in the Resistance, what @bcbishop, @wanda102, and @kevin said gives me pause. I’m starting to wonder how reliable this forum is. If @joycecarlberg is actually always Joyce, or if @staceyerikson doesn’t always telegraph when she takes control. Why would Joyce want us to hear this? What would the OSDM have to gain? I’m not accusing anyone of anything… just talking out loud.

Chris
      Participant

That very well could be, @meghanmayhem, at some point the gloves will have to come off. I just don’t feel good that our only three eye witnesses have called this recording into doubt. We know at least two of them have a fondness for @joycecarlberg, but I hope we can still trust each others’ word. I would like to trust this.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Something in my gut said this side of @joycecarlberg existed… it was a only a matter of time before she showed her capabilities, and I don’t think this is as far as it goes. Threats and dangling the well being of someone important to @kasch right in front of him… Such a nice lady. What is the purpose behind it all? I said this earlier but it kind of seems fitting again so I will quote the famous Fluff post:

He said don’t be fooled by how sweet something like this dessert is. He spoke about toxins and poisons and how while both dishes in front of us were “food,” some things will give you nutrients while some things that may appear to be better because they’re sweeter are actually killing you. He said not to be fooled by the bells and whistles of the sweet treat, it’s poison.

I guess this is now a matter of pick your poison…

Kevin
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub I think the OSDM would gain something from this; it shows just how ineffective The Resistancs is. They form up and get their leader (assuming that’s Jenna on the line) captured almost immediately.

But your other possibility is certainly in play. Only a few people have spoken with @joycecarlberg and it would be easy enough to have another British woman pose as her on a recording like this to put her in a bad light. Like I said before, it could be the quality of the recording but that didn’t really sound like the Joyce I spoke too (through I don’t have a voice mail to compare it too. @wanda102 or @bcbishop might?).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Kevin.
       Sage
      Participant

Exactly, @shankfx22. I wish we had a pic of @joycecarlberg, she sounds like an evil Mary Poppins! A spoon full of sugar with a side of arsenic…

Chris
      Participant

I guess I can see that, @kevin. It’s just always hard to accept the bald cynicism of how little the OSDM cares about optics. This feels like they’ve crossed a line, but they were bound to eventually. For what it’s worth, I don’t think Jenna is dead. The 25th floor was a revelation to Joyce. They couldn’t have acted that quickly.

Jackie
      Participant

“You and your old friend.” And Jenna had just happened to contact today also, worried about being traced. Coincidence?
      But dang, Jenna (maybe?) takes the risk and comes out of hiding, come out from being underground, just for them to bury her again?
      Whatever has happened, clearly such a huge, possibly violent act, must have had the opposition scared. Or paranoid. Is the Resistance hitting to close too home?

@joycecarlberg
      had promised curbstomping if there was discord or disobedience. Certainly she doesn’t seem like an idle woman.

Maranda
      Participant

This is a classic case of getting information out of someone by feeding them a wrong answer. “People don’t like telling you things, but they love to contradict you.”

Here’s what I think happened: Joyce is trying to find this woman (@kasch, is it Jenna?), presumably for not-so-nice purposes. But she’s having more trouble locating her than expected, hence the 9 hour delay. An associate gets her number and sets up the fake call that we heard, pretending there is a gas leak on floors that a lot of buildings have in common.

Unlucky for the woman, by informing the man he’s wrong and stating her actual floor number, she’s helped Joyce and co. locate her building by ruling out the second tallest one. Hence Joyce’s remark about “convincing me you weren’t in danger” — it was all a ploy to make her give herself away.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can’t remember who I saw say it but when @kasch said “She’s been hanging out in a shit hole in Lancaster.” He did not mean PA.

There is a Lancaster, CA. Just outside of LA. Kasch and I worked on our first project there together one decade ago. So that’s more than likely what she was referring to.

As far as what happened in this tape… well it should come as no surprise that @kasch’s phone lines have been tapped for awhile now (since Noah tried to fuck with him.)

Jenna called him earlier in the day… was only a matter of time until they tracked her exact location and listened to her voice while wandering the floor the call came from. My running theory anyways.

Either that or this voice was someone else that was the “leak” what with all the gas leak info out there.

Cristen
      Participant

Chiming in for @kevin. I do agree that the voice doesn’t sound like Joyce but also could be a recording issue. Yes, I have a voicemail from that gal herself, as I’m assuming Kasch does, having missed her call. If it’s relevant, I’m happy to provide it.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I really have been at a loss for words all night. I shouldn’t have begged to get back into iConfidant after Noah tried to stop me. All I did was play right into their hands…and their tech. Jenna trusted me and I’ve been their pawn this whole time.

I hope she’s okay.

@joycecarlberg
      … I swear to Christ, if I find out you’ve hurt her…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Mustafa Said
      Participant

@kasch I’m not sure if Joyce will hurt Jenna but she did hurt the resistance with this.

I wonder what it’d take to release Jenna.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Ashes to Ashes…

Sean

A part that concerns me is that we’ve had a number of instances that suggest phones are being tapped and people can be traced through calls. Does that mean that they’ve been doing this for a while? That we’re only just now aware of these abductions and such?

In Tension, a huge number of us received phone calls from people who were warning us that they were not what they seemed. Did all those unnamed benefactors receive the same treatment?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I think the taps are related to iConfidant. Jenna mentioned hearing clicking noises over the phone…similar to what other people heard from the “machines” during their iC calls. I can only assume Joyce and the OSDM hijacked Stacey’s tech and are using it to monitor all of us who went through the program.

Sean

@kasch – That absolutely makes sense and is likely the logical way that this progressed.

However, it worries me that it isn’t outside the realm of possibility that this was just the most recent use of phone taps and tracking rather than the only one. It wouldn’t be crazy to theorize that Jenna is just the most recent of a long long of people giving their lives trying to protect us

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@thegilded @kasch Absolutely. Even way back to the phone call that came right after the focus group the woman (who I am now assuming was Jenna) warned me that she didn’t have much time. Meaning my phone may have potentially been bugged and they were trying to track her down. If that was indeed Jenna, she’s been excelling at staying under their radar enough to not get caught… until yesterday.

Addison
      Participant

@kasch – please don’t feel any guilt about what went down. Jenna knew the risks and still stood with the resistance.

Right now it seems like Joyce and the OSDM are trying to flex nuts. Saying “ohhh we know where you live, better be afraid of us, don’t join the resistance or you’ll get got too.”

They wouldn’t do this if they weren’t afraid of Jenna and of the resistance. She let her guard down for a moment, exposed herself in order to warn you, and now here we are. We have the choice to cower and let the OSDM win this one, or continue to resist despite the risks of doing so.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@addisonborn Exactly this. Don’t blame yourself for the actions of Joyce. This is not your fault, not Jenna’s fault… this is on Joyce and those she works with.

Sean

I wonder also about the logistics of this. It sounded to me like Jenna was… abducted? attacked? something at the end of the call. The speed at which it happens implies that they had a strike team prepped in or just outside the place she was calling from.

So if they have a team ready outside the door, why bother to call for location verification? Did they have multiple teams outside multiple doors? Did they wanted to verify she was there before busting in? Were they just taunting her? Did Joyce just want a recording of Jenna to prove to us that no one is safe from her?

Addison
      Participant

@thegilded feels like heavy-handed, masturbatory propaganda. They could’ve just gotten Jenna and left it at that, leaving the resistance with one leader fewer and no trace, but they wanted to make a show out of it. The phone call was only sent out to try and make us afraid of the OSDM.

Next up we’re going to see a video of Jenna tied up to an overly complicated Rube Goldberg machine while Joyce strokes a fluffy white cat and monologues for 10 minutes about the true intentions of the OSDM. Compassion may be what opened up Jenna to the situation she’s in, but for the OSDM, these sorts of theatrics may be their downfall.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@thegilded I would say that they already knew where she was and when she was home and someone was in her apartment already or just outside, ready to act. The call is bugged on purpose so we can be curious, suspicious and then terrified. I think you are right, it was meant for us to hear, but mainly for @kasch to hear, to get under his skin and upset him. She thanked him in the email for all of his help, probably just to lay down some extra guilt for him. @joycecarlberg knows that Jenna is a soft spot for Kasch, as we all do, and now I bet she is gaging his reactions and planning ahead for what’s to come, based on his next vital steps.

Sean

But why the floor number quiz that they did? At first glance it feels like it would be misdirection for verification purposes but if they were already deployed they didn’t need it.

Added taunting, perhaps? Showing not only that they had Jenna in their grasp already, but also showing that Jenna wasn’t even capable of hiding herself and was susceptible to classic spycraft 101?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@thegilded I honestly think it was just to confuse her and taunt… They already had a plan, were ready to execute, and they want to break down The Resistance. They want to scare people from jumping on board… perhaps they are intimidated, or maybe they just wanna pee all over everything and everyone to mark their territory and show dominance.

Sean

I could buy that. This leak was simultaneously delivering the messages “Your resistance is weak” “We have control over your resistance” “Speaking to your resistance endangers them” and “Your resistance can’t even protect themselves, much less you”.

Nefarious.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Good points, @shankfx22 and @thegilded. And there’s also the OSDM’s more basic goal: collecting emotional data on us.

They just collected a ton on @kasch and everybody else invested in The Resistance.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Bingo. A false dilemma is being created to make us think there are only two options, The Resistance or The OSDM… however in every situation there is always another way, we just gotta be creative. So what is our third option? Maybe we should create one…

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bryan Very true, you are correct. But at what cost? Jenna’s well being and/or life? Is this too all just a hoax for data, or are they really endangering/hurting or even killing in an effort to collect our emotional reactions?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I am holding out hope that Jenna was resourceful enough to elude them. She’s done so in the past. Maybe she will show her face again. God, I hope so.

I want so desperately to talk to Stacey…to know who @meghanmayhem met with… to help the Resistance however I can. Sadly, I’m not sure if those people will even engage with me now that I’m being tracked.

Stacey invented this tracking stuff? Maybe she has a way of destroying it too? Otherwise we are all leaks/targets.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I like the idea of creating a third option @shankfx22. But where to begin?

I have now written four different versions of a post trying to figure out how to even start with a third option and just end up making my head hurt. So I’ll just voice support for the idea of a third option and take some Advil for the moment.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bruinbown hahaha well good ideas don’t develop overnight and I have a feeling if we got creative enough, and put some time and thought into it we would find an answer that suits. Keep that head strong buddy ??

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

There’s never been just two options. I’m not on the side of the OSDM. Many within seem to be dedicated to power, not to Anoch. I’ll always find myself standing side by side with those who seek the light of Anoch. The Resistance is in direct opposition to everything I believe in.

Addison
      Participant

@shankfx22 @bruinbown: If option 1 is OSDM, and option 2 is Resistance, which third dimension is there?

Looking at ye olde DnD alignment chart, where does everything land at this moment, anyway?

Lawful Good		Neutral Good		Chaotic Good

Lawful Neutral		True Neutral		Chaotic Neutral

Lawful Evil		Neutral Evil		Chaotic Evil

The OSDM feels Lawful Evil to me. The Resistance feels like it’s closer to the Chaotic end of Good.

OOA felt Neutral Evil to me.

BOS bounced between kind of Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Good imo, depending on when in the timeline we were and what goals were in mind.

Then there was team Fuck Everyone / Wyld Stallyns or whatever. True Neutral.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@bruinbown @shankfx22 I do think there’s an argument to be made that a third way already exists.

It’s a path where the OSDM is neither celebrated nor vilified: just acknowledged as the entity behind an experiment that, despite ulterior motives or intent, is appealing to many of us for a host of reasons.

Granted, there’s little external satisfaction without taking sides in the war of good vs. evil. (And the idea of not standing against questionable practices is inherently difficult.) But for me, there is peace in coming to grips with the inherent conflict between the goals of the OSDM, and the fact that I enjoy their data collection experiments.

Now I’m going to go climb a mountain and meditate or something.

Cristen
      Participant

If it needed saying: I’m with @bcbishop here. OSDM is running the show, our show, our experience. That experience is being threatened. They are protecting an investment, and we are that investment. I’m withholding a good vs evil comparison in the interest of preserving what we’ve built here.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@addisonborn You’ve got a good point that no one has truly established where they stand yet, so it’s hard to say where they fall on your chart. I’m kind of loving the ye olde DnD alignment chart, and I agree that the OSDM and The Resistance fall in those categories, at least for now. Wyld Stallyns huh? They sound like a rowdy group, but on cannot be rowdy if they are True Neutral lol 😉

So @bryan would you say you indentify with the third group you propose? Questionable practices that involve harm and possibly death towards others is something that should be stood up against, no? I understand the toss up, as you said, there are a number of reasons that we like the OSDM, for the experiences we are given, but I’m having difficulty standing behind something that is responsible for such awful and cruel reactions.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Love it @addisonborn! Though, all the fun spots are taken… I’m not sure I’m ready to go Chaotic Evil.

@bcbishop
      I guess that’s the “True Neutral” option? I feel like there’s a lot of sitting around waiting in that version.

Melissa
      Participant

@shankfx22 how about team Find Otis. Mr Hamm & Co. have to be getting lonely!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

My unicorn and I are lawful good.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@mkarrett Team Vigilantes… inspired by Mr. Hamm & Co.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@shankfx22

So @bryan would you say you indentify with the third group you propose?

I can’t speak for my shadow, @bryan — dude is going to be the death of me, probably literally — but as for me: yes, The Third Way it is. Given the interaction that spawned it, I consider it The @JoyceCarlberg Way.

Questionable practices that involve harm and possibly death do sound horrific, and in an absolutist sense: sure, that’s awful. But people do terrible things every day, and support causes that do the same — we just justify it based on our point of view. Some think the BOS did questionable things last year; members of BOS would disagree. We just celebrated the 4th of July, which to Americans is a moment of celebration and independence; I’m sure the British at the time would disagree. The Resistance consider themselves heroes; I’m sure the OSDM considers them terrorists (assuming The Resistance is who they say they are, of course). For each of us, the only true north is our own heart, and getting a better understanding of mine is why The @JoyceCarlberg Way interests me in the first place.

Tension put me in situations I would never otherwise have experienced, and that taught me things about myself. So has Lust. Even this dilemma of choice, right now, is teaching me. I choose to believe in and invest in the experience itself, in the hopes that it will then invest in me — and bring further enlightenment.

Does that mean I will never take a side in this particular fray? I certainly doubt it. I’m ruled by emotion as much as anyone; probably more so. (In fact, it was my reaction to Noah’s blackmail that taught me that.) But I’m not interested in sides just for the sake of sides. I’m interested in personal stakes. The HCDI let me know they saw that in me. Now I see it, too.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bcbishop
      Damnit! Didn’t mean to tag your shadow… why is he even in here, nobody likes him geeeeeeez!

The one thing I CAN say about all of this is that I can understand and empathize with everyone’s reasoning behind their choice, as you said, it’s most likely derived from the heart, and maybe previous experiences. Perhaps this is the reason I am still uncertain of how I feel. My head is battling my heart, as I’m sure a lot of people can say the same is happening to them. The @joycecarlberg Way makes me cringe (and I semi despise you for even making this a thing ?) because there is something not quite okay there. The HCDI is a department of The OSDM, sure, but who’s to say that they both equally agree on all things? I would wager that Joyce is maybe in the same position as Sarah was/is: she is pressured to deliver and is being held to a standard. If she does not succeed, she as well as others may be in jeopardy. People in that situation get desperate and often are not their true selves. I am exercising caution before jumping head first into something I may regret later

Cristen
      Participant

Oh @shankfx22, the Carlberg way is definitely a thing.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Agreed on the shadow @shankfx22 – he’s the WORST. 🙂

I completely get where you’re coming from with your read on the situation, and respect it totally. You’re following your gut (or heart or head; you know what I mean) which is the most important thing any of us can do, imo. Be present, listen to our internal compass, and follow where it leads. Even if that means things get uncomfortable and weird.

If” — as if it’s all been super normal up until now.

Kevin
      Participant

Oh @shankfx22, the Carlberg way is definitely a thing.

Yes, yes it is.

From my own perspective, @joycecarlberg helped me lock in on some of what’s going on. She has been one of the only people we’ve encountered who hasn’t been completely obtuse. She told Bryan, Cristen, and I that she would provide answers and she did. I understand why people thought they were vague (and they were!) but there’s enough there to start to piece together their goal. The OSDM acknowledged that they need us to wind the clock through our participation in their plans and have taken steps to make it a more two way street. Joyce gave us answers to some questions and then delivered (though a bit later than most expected) on what she told @kasch she would. I’m still not sure I trust the OSDM 100% (but why would you trust any group that crops up here completely?) but Joyce did begin to offer some clarity and I appreciate that.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bcbishop I am personally waiting and ready for it to get uncomfortable and weird ???

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin It makes me happy that @joycecarlberg gives you that much hope. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the lady but it’s more of a “this person is great but they make my spidey sense go off the charts”. Yes, trusting the OSDM fully would be a naive move for anyone, however, if this phone call was in fact @joycecarlberg then she is doing some terrible things to please her bosses (OSDM) which makes her just as bad and which is why I question anyone’s loyalty towards her. My bet is if it wasn’t her on the phone, we would have already heard from her with some witty banter about how we believe anything we hear

Viewing 55 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar