A Dangerous Fanatic

This topic has 85 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Chloe.

• Author
       JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

First things first, congratulations to you all, I am indeed back and at your service!

I took a much needed voluntary hiatus to realign my… sensitivities. I think you will all soon agree that I am now much more straight forward, succinct and to the point. So, on that very note let me just say that while I initially attempted to ignore all of the restless dithering on about a certain new disruptive personality in our midst, I have now decided to err on the side of caution and disclose all the information that we have on this particularly troubled individual.

Let me be absolutely clear, this person is a dangerous lunatic who can not be reasoned with or trusted. Anyone who has extended contact with them should be completely aware that that they are extremely manipulative, highly adaptable and very often, dangerous.

Even I fell under their trap initially and mistakenly believed that the situation was in hand when after several days of repeatedly telling them that there was nothing more that I was willing to help them with and that the wisest course of action was to move along, they suddenly surprised every single one of us by contacting our community and riling you up with talk of ethics violations this and ethics violations that. Fortunately, this has proved as fruitless as their initial contact with our organization, so now out of options and resources, they have resorted to nothing short of petty blackmail.

Just this very evening they sent us compromising files on several of you detailing horrendous personal information up to and including depraved and heinous sexual proclivities, dark and peculiar states of mind and deeply troubling, specific thoughts about family and so-called friends.

It us all very, very troubling indeed.

Fear not though, we will not let any harm come your way. We will do everything at our great disposal to assure that this person can not and does not release any of these files! The quickest way to help us with this defense against these criminal and brutal manipulations is to simply not engage. We can not offer refuge to anyone’s reputation if they were to try and deal with this person. Once again, let me be very clear, the way to avoid any possibility of retribution is to simply steer clear of this individual and to treat this man like the disgruntled and obsessed fanatic that he is.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

“everything is fine”

Kortney
      Participant

Will you be reaching out to those whose files they have access to?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Oh @joycecarlberg, I’ve heard this song of yours before. Catchy little tune.

https://youtu.be/F1ILPl5FQaM

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       Cristen
      Participant

Oh hey, Joyce. Thanks for, uh, looking out for us while a different shadow organization attempts to scare us with their access to our personal information, I guess? Sorry wait what’s the difference?

Maranda
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, thank you for taking the time to reach out, though I can’t say that all my concerns have been dispelled. Should we take your advice and cease engagement, what exactly is stopping Mason from releasing the information you claim he has, besides your word? You also claim to have information on them, and we would appreciate it if you could share any concrete facts about his motives or the motives of the Briarberg foundation. Forgive me for doubting your resources but as you know we are all very on-edge at the moment.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hope you thought my file was hot af.

Sean

What deep dark secrets, horrendous sexual proclivities or taboo and troubling thoughts could this community possibly have?

…Actually don’t answer that

Chelsea
      Participant

Fight fight fight!

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Mason posted but now it’s deleted.

Shaun
      Participant

@remrelganaps what did Mason’s post say?

@joycecarlberg
      I’m glad you’ve got our backs on this. I feel my data is safe with you and The Experiences!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Well then…. uhhhh hey @joycecarlberg… uhhhh I wouldn’t happen to be in those files, right?

No reason, just curious.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

So let me get this straight…

A “disgruntled fan” just so happened to find these specific people’s email addresses, phone numbers, and personal private information. Just so happened upon it, huh?

Mhmm.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am going to continue treating Mason as I have been. @joycecarlberg please learn how to better spin these things. Saying everything is okay is a smokescreen and frankly it is vexing at this point.

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

@joycecarlberg , your transparency is much appreciated but your information on this particular individual seems rather lacking.

Violet
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Everything’s fine, you say?? Don’t worry our pretty little heads about this insignificant pest?? hmmm…sounds legit.

Chris
      Participant

Classic @joycecarlberg logic, she really is just looking out for us, isn’t she? Mason is the one with the sensitive files about us, but of COURSE it’s magically within her power to keep the dirt from being leaked as long as we promise to ignore him. Now why exactly would Mason leak our information if we tried to help him? Oh right, he wouldn’t. We don’t even have to read between the lines to find Joyce’s threats, that’s how lazy she is. Unless this is a double-blind and she’s using reverse psychology to drive us into Mason the OSDM spy’s waiting arms, but when has the OSDM ever been that clever? I don’t care what horrendous personal information you have on me, Joyce. Anyone who has you this riled up is absolutely worth a listen.

Kevin
      Participant

I have now decided to err on the side of caution and disclose all the information that we have on this particularly troubled individual.

@joycecarlberg
      In the past, I’ve enjoyed the fact that you’re relatively straight with us, but that is not the case here. That is definitely not all of the information you have available on Mason. In fact, you’ve give us hardly any information on the man. Could you provide us with more details on him, his position with the Briarberg Foundation, or Briarberg itself?

You seemed happy the other day that Briarberg had come forward the other day so you could “right a wrong”. Now seems like an opportune time to let us know what you know about Mason.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@joycecarlberg! First off, it’s great to see you on the forums again. You have been missed.

Thanks for the update about Mason. I’m sure everyone here is glad to learn whatever we can about him. But I did have a couple questions I was hoping you could clear up…

Mason was trying to get hold of a certain group of actors. As I’m sure you saw, it turns out almost every single one of those actors seems to have some very mixed feelings about their participation in Tension, and The Investors in particular. Can you comment on the concerns raised – and why Mr. Silver, dangerous fanatic though he may be, is trying to reach them specifically?

Cristen
      Participant

I wouldn’t hold your breath for more info @kevin. You know what happens when we wait around for Joyce.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just got this email from Mason:

“Clever, clever make me seem in game while you figure out how to stop this. Lies and fiction. Is there a difference? When real people are involved and slandered there most certainly is. Since you are trigger happy with deleting posts on your public forum, I would love to see you delete mail from people’s inboxes.

I do not plan on blackmailing anyone with the files that my people were given. I would never do that and have not even slightly insinuated that I would.

I ask not that you believe me but that you look in your heart and accept the thing that you already know. The only path is truth and that it begins with me. I beg all of you to change their fiction into reality and release any and all information you have that may lead to exposing the infractions that this group has clearly committed.

They are trying to turn me, and this into another trailhead. Be smarter than the nonsense they are trying to create and distract you with.

Respectfully Yours,

MS”

Maranda
      Participant

An open response to Mason:
      So the files you have were given to you, were they? Not obtained by yourselves? I wonder why that is?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

My reply to our email blast from Mr. Silver-

Dear MS,

I joined the path of truth ages ago and have every intention of continuing to expose these little cockroaches for what they are.

Hope you enjoy fire.

Love,
      Mayhem.

Lia
      Participant

@izryn Nice catch on that verbiage. As always, Noah gets shit done.

At the same time, I really hope he knows what he’s doing.

Addison
      Participant

“Just this very evening they sent us compromising files on several of you detailing horrendous personal information up to and including depraved and heinous sexual proclivities, dark and peculiar states of mind and deeply troubling, specific thoughts about family and so-called friends.”

– You act surprised about these files, @joycecarlberg. Which is weird considering you’re a member of the organization that initially gathered those files and held an event specifically to rub our noses in it.

Hope your retrea- er. Realignment was enjoyable!

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@izryn @lilmsfancpants
      Oh my god that totally tracks.
      Noah is anti OSDM because he’s anti daddy. Trying to steer the path he wants without getting his hands too dirty.
      Mason ends up sounding like a wacky unsolicited mouthpiece for the resistance.
      Noah was the last to physically have the files it TOTALLY makes sense he’d pass it on so someone wouldn’t use it against us so much as use it as evidence against THEM.

ooooooooohhh!!!!

Shaun
      Participant

So we’re thinking Noah is working with Mason? I was thinking Mason was Noah until I realized people have heard him on the phone..

Chelsea
      Participant

Oh snap, @lilmsfancpants. That’s… that’s interesting as all hell.

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Alright got 3 calls in a row here. I have no idea who it’s truly from, but it has to be in response to my reply from Mason’s email that I just received tonight. My reply:
      “Shut the fuck up Mason. No one wants to hear you cry, certainly not me. Plus, I never gave you my email, so my trust in you is none at this moment. Go find someone else to blabber your nonsense to…”
      After that I received a call with someone crying on the other end for a few seconds then click. I posted to Slack to let them all know that I had received a phone call when another call came in. “You done crying now?” Then comes on the same voice, but now he’s laughing. Click. Ok, back to Slack, I finish my message that I was on before the call and then I receive another call. I have no idea what it was besides some kind of weird laughing, possibly a hyena? Maybe laughter down a hallway where it had that weird echo?? I have no idea what it was, but I certainly think Mason got my email and now he wants to play games? Whatever, Mason’s a bitch anyways… come at me with something better than your minute switch bipolar kiddie ride.

Violet
      Participant

Oh shit!! @izryn good catch! If that’s the case that would make an odd sorta sense.

Chris
      Participant

I find it very interesting that Mason used the phrase “in game.” Our words. In his mind, being called out by @joycecarlberg speaking out about him is making him look “in game.” So Mason wants us to believe Joyce is in game but he is out of game. This feels like a new and very pointed blurring of the few lines there are left. When Marcos asked @theladyj all those months ago whether she was enjoying The Lust Experience, it begged the question: what IS The Lust Experience? I think Mason is offering us not only a clear look at what the smokescreen has been hiding, but who and what don’t really exist outside of the smoke.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I’d like to think that Noah’s drop-the-mic pronouncement at the end of the System seminar would signify something more inspiring than “I’m going to pass your files on to some creepy tool,” but he is the most likely source of Mason’s info.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I would like to remind you all of somethi g Noah said in his rant to his father during our warehouse B&E.
      After showing the box of our files he said this:

“… But you know what, that’s Ok. That’s OK because I know that this is still the only power that I have. Small as it may seem, but for the time I can deal with it. Cause you know why, cause I’ve got the fucking secrets. Mmhmm. So I think it would be very good of you to let her (Sarah) go because if you don’t, I’m going to shed as much fucking light as I want to and you will be exposed and I know that you don’t want that. So that’s what we’re gonna do.”

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Did anyone else receive a call from Mason? tonight? Did it seem to you that it might’ve been Noah on the other line?

Sage
      Participant

Lunatic, crazy hyena laughter, reminds them of Crispin Glover… I’m kinda liking this Mason fellow.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just got a call and going to post it here to keep things neat and tidy.

No Caller ID pops up right after I hung up with @kasch (talking unrelated stuff about Stephen Kings IT).

Me: Hellooooo
      Male Voice: I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU!

At this point I started to slightly chuckle because I imagined Mason (who I assume was the one who screamed this) was just sitting at his computer utterly frustrated with the responses he’s getting.

But the voice sounded tinny. Like it was being played through computer speakers. Then:

Female Voice: I’m done. I don’t want to do this anymore.

There was one other thing that I am kicking myself for not being able to remember, but this voice was also tinny. And I heard clicks between each thing.

So… that was weird.

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

@thebuz

Presently under discussion in Slack, I recall we had been told we’d forgotten about someone awhile back and never figured out who it was?

Could it be Michelle?

1) @thebuz got a call saying “I’m trying to help you”. This is a callback to exactly what Michelle said to him on her visit:

A Visitor In the Night from a Familiar Face 5/15

2) On the same visit, she toasted to Buz being “clever”. Mason’s recent emails starts, “Clever, clever…”

It may mean nothing but worth exploring. She did say that the rug was pulled out from under her. That perhaps OSDM is not what it appears to be? That perhaps it is not the overarching control here. That perhaps, as Stephanie suggested, “this is not theater”?

Also worth exploring, as Buz just said, “The plant we don’t know about”.

Kevin
      Participant

@thebuz Any chance the woman’s voice was Stacey’s?

Kristin
      Participant

Are we all just going to pretend that @joycecarlberg isn’t such an angel herself? I mean threatening phone calls are a favorite for her it seems ??‍♀️

Lia
      Participant

@thebuz I don’t like the sound of that at all. Not. One. Bit.

Is this a prank call? A joke to them? Or did they all sound as concerned as the first guy did?

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

@thebuz, that could be a recording of Mason unsuccessfully trying to convince an actress to help him.

Sage
      Participant

These calls are very abstract.

Anonymous
      Inactive

These phone calls, if meant to convince us that we are wrong, are only serving to make Mason look more unhinged and untrustworthy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I do not know whose voice was on the phone female wise. It didn’t sound immediately familiar.

It also wasn’t a continuous clip. Like it said the first thing. CLICK. Beat…. Then next thing. Repeat.

Like someone playing selected clips of a recorded conversation.

Shaun
      Participant

This could get really meta.. to the point where @a/@joycecarlberg fabricated this Mason resurgence just to make him look unhinged and untrustworthy.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I wasn’t around for ARG last year. But keeping with the theme of Shadows, is it possible Mason is a double for someone from last year, as others have suggested? If so, could you provide details as to who that person was and their characteristics?

Cristen
      Participant

I don’t know if any of this makes me more inclined to have faith in Mason, but Mason at least is reminding us not to fall for distractions, something I myself will definitely admit I have been guilty of (credit to the razor wit of my girl Joyce for that tho, I’m a sucker for charm.)

But I’m ready to pull the wool off my eyes regardless of what’s underneath. I’m just not entirely sure what Mason expects us to do for him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@larry

And to repeat exactly what I said in slack in regards to that.

Heres then thing… if it was Michelle… why not use something that would immediately link me to her?

There are plenty of ways to connect to Michelle. You’d think there’d be another way.

I’m trying to avoid assumptions here since it’s easy for a theory to take hold and get us all very very off base.

The goal of that call was to show that there is someone who is being forced to do something they dont want to do anymore.

That’s what we should be focusing on.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@thebuz If that’s what you took it to mean, that’s likely the path to pursue.

But do consider that if Michelle is persona non grata, direct contact is risky to her.

Sage
      Participant

Just a feeling, but my guess is that it’s a actress/performer who doesn’t want to do this and might be being forced to. This is more than just a show, lines are being crossed or it’s a all guise for something else, something darker and some performers are not happy about it… (how many performers reached today said they didn’t want to be involved anymore…a lot, which is odd).

Anonymous
      Inactive

@larry You are forcing a rectangle peg in round hole. There is zero evidence and you are missing the point of the call which is what @sfire8 summarized above me.

Don’t get lost looking at the trees when there’s a whole forest to take in.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@thebuz as you wish, Gandalf.

Jackie
      Participant

The Mason email seems…pieced together, different fonts, a bit wonky on the grammar. A group message? A group thought? I think this especially, because of the mention of more than once voice on the most recent phone calls.
      I also wary when any regulating body says, “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.” Deranged thinking, never usually just started deranged; it’s usually a beach, not a cliff face.

Blondie
      Participant

So I wake up this morning to an email… I freak out a little but notice on the rss feed that @kasch has already posted to forum about it. But his post isn’t here anymore? Andrew, did you delete it or were you censored? Everyone got this email right?

Jackie
      Participant

@blondie
      I believe so, a blast email that couldnt be silenced or deleted. And depending how bold one feels, it could be responded to.

Also

@joycecarlberg

Just this very evening they sent us compromising files on several of you detailing horrendous personal information up to and including depraved and heinous sexual proclivities, dark and peculiar states of mind and deeply troubling, specific thoughts about family and so-called friends.

Sounds like a pretty fun party, don’t threaten me with a good time. :3

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jackie.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@blondie I deleted it for him since it had already been posted earlier in the thread.

Blondie
      Participant

Gotcha @thebuz, thanks. Still catching up myself and desperately trying to caffeinate to an adequate level. With all the deleting going on around here, it’s easy to jump to conclusions ?

Megan
      Participant

Hey @joycecarlberg! Long time no hear from.

So Mason sent you files on us? Were they…different…than the files you already had on us? Obviously they couldn’t have contained anything you didn’t already know, right?

As for our partnership, as discussed briefly back in July, if you are still needing my help then we should talk soon as my life is about to be swallowed by 16 incoming freshmen and the onslaught of a semester. If I’m not as responsive or active as usual it’s not due to lack of interest on my part, just lack of free time. If I could put off the semester starting indefinitely, I would.

Mike
      Participant

I was thinking about the theory that Mason could be Noah. We know that the helmet is new and improved and more advanced now. What if Papa Sinclair and Papa Barrow put the new helmet on Noah and he is also Mason. Since the helmet is improved at this point, maybe they can input multiple personalities instead of just one (like with Sabrina/Addison and helmet 1.0). This time, it’s Levi/Noah/Mason.

If the helmet technology is constantly improving and they have Iconfidant’s software to use. We can’t really believe anyone is who they say anymore. #teamparanoia

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

Oh hey guys! What kinda fun have you been up to?

*reads new posts

Oh….

I’ll see myself out =)

Megan
      Participant

What would they have to gain from creating “Mason” though?

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – to keep us wondering/fighting/off balance/questioning/not trusting/etc

To keep us from the truth. Ever notice that when we seem to get close to something, something like this happens that makes us all rethink what we think?

Think about the people behind it. They don’t care about us, just our data. They don’t want to be exposed.

Megan
      Participant

OK, so Mason says in his email “The only path is truth and that it begins with me.” (meaning he wants us to believe that it begins with him)

We then have the FB post today, “One of the greatest pains to human nature is the pain of a new idea.”

Is Mason (or his truth) that new idea?

We tend to react to everyone and everything thrown at us with sarcasm and suspicion and obstinacy, and I’m not sure that gets us anywhere. It obviously hasn’t gotten ME anywhere. I don’t think it necessarily matters who emails him, and who doesn’t, but I’m willing to try sincerity. Despite what Noah said about me in the last chapter I actually don’t cling to ideas too tightly, I like new ideas and am very willing to listen to what Mason has to say.

Sage
      Participant

@coryphella, I totally agree. We are so suspicious of everything, I hope we’re not just shutting down story lines that could lead us somewhere new…

Jackie
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jackie.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I applaud your commitment to being open to different points of view, @coryphella. Sometimes it does seem as if our collective desire to hold on to what we think is going on keeps us from fairly considering all possible options.

@mike
      Interesting theory about Noah=Mason. I don’t know that I buy it yet – we’ve already seen that Noah knows how to go to the mattresses when it’s required, and he’s got more community support than he’s ever had before if he needed an assist. But I can think of one very good reason why Horace / OSDM might want a Mason out there running around.

Right now @111error runs BOS, ostensibly as an independent entity. If the real PTB were worried about containing anti-OSDM or anti-Investor sentiment, what better way than to create their own figure that wants to reveal “the truth,” and hopefully control that sentiment with him?

Violet
      Participant

@bcbishop That’s a good point, too. I brought up the idea when Mason showed up on slack & had that supposed phone call with A…maybe this is another attempt at misdirection. Maybe Mason is in cahoots with either A or Joyce and this is a new way to get us distracted and confused and suspicious of everything so we can be more easily manipulated??

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop

Noah knows how to go to the mattresses when it’s required

He sure does! Play on player…LUUUSTTTT

Here’s the thing, and I know I’ll get shit on by BoS members for this, but, to call BoS an “independent entity” feels like them trying to gain the trust of all of us because one of our own is running it. But BoS was something created by the OSDM and because of the power that WE gave it, it became real. The BoS members made it real. That doesn’t mean BoS is free from OSDM or that OSDM isn’t pulling strings within their ranks as well. I don’t even mean intentionally. They can manipulate things without any of us noticing until it’s too late.

Maybe BoS is the CNN of this all and is telling us all what we want to hear.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@mike

I know I’ll get shit on by BoS members for this, but, to call BoS an “independent entity” feels like them trying to gain the trust of all of us because one of our own is running it.

We’re on the same page. Hence, “ostensibly as an independent entity.”

I chose my words carefully. 😉

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop – You’re such a righter

I chose my spelling carefully <3

Blondie
      Participant

Sorry, thought we were talking about Mason on this thread…

On that topic, I find it interesting that he claims to be the truth and yet has he actually told us anything? He wants information sure, but how can we be sure he has any information to give us in return? I know it’s been discussed that we are so wary that we are likely to shut down potential new sources BUT this just smacks of the Omega Council again… Give up your friends to further your path, but what does it actually get you in the end?

Violet
      Participant

EXACTLY @blondie…he hasn’t given us shit but vague allusions. if he’s really interested in being helpful, he oughta be willing to give up SOME kind of info to let us know he can be trusted. But @coryphella’s point also stands…that we shouldn’t be so suspicious that we miss something important. At this point everything seems to be chaos. What are we overlooking??

(also new life goal is to be quoted in one of @theladyj’s creations!!)

Blondie
      Participant

I’m open to hear what he has to say… If anything. But I’m not exactly in the position to offer him information in return so I’m not holding my breath

Russell
      Participant

I feel like I am catching up… always. @joycecarlberg comes along and has issues with Mason. Mason comes along and has issues with… well, everybody, it seems. Sometimes this community seem to just hate… everyone. (Sometimes, even each other.)

Joyce began this conversation… I’d like to say something about this mysterious woman.
      Yes, Joyce has obviously rubbed some people the wrong way. For me, she is the only person who has actually checked in on me and actually, seemingly with sincerity, inquired where I stand in all of this. I feel disconnected… she asks why. No one else has done that. Unfortunately, the questions she asked took me completely off guard, I did not have an answer. If I get asked again, I will be better prepared, certainly.

But I left Tension not sure how I felt about everything. I didn’t know if I had a place in The System, they did not seem to feel I was worthy. I didn’t connect with anybody at Registration, once again I felt judged and dismissed. Then, iConfidant didn’t push whatever buttons it so clearly was supposed to.
      And then there was Joyce.

Here’s the deal. I don’t care if Joyce rubs anyone the wrong way. I would not categorize her (after our one meeting) as a “warm and fuzzy” person by any means. But, damn, she did ask me how I was doing and how she might be able to help me find my way… back… to all of you and whatever this twisted reality is. If she has an agenda of her own, I really don’t care. I have to be #teamJoyce because it’s the only team that seems to have any eye on the community as a whole.

100% trustworthy? Maybe not. But when betting the horses, the trick is to bet on the horse that has the stats that indicate it will cross that finish line first and healthy.

Lauren Bello

100% trustworthy? Maybe not. But when betting the horses, the trick is to bet on the horse that has the stats that indicate it will cross that finish line first and healthy.

@russell
      – Would you say that’s what we should be doing, though? Betting on a winner?

Isn’t it better go to down swinging than compromise our values and align ourselves with someone simply because they seem to have the upper hand?

(That is not a reflection on your choosing to be #teamjoyce, btw – you obviously have a slightly more personal connection with her than most of us can claim. But for the rest of us, isn’t worrying about trustworthiness – and the fact that she has overtly threatened one of our own – pretty damn important?)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@russell Your words make so much sense to me because I have felt similarly regarding everything you mentioned along this journey (sans attending Tension/Ascension). Knowing that Joyce has been the only one to actually draw a response from you by asking you how to help you connect to this whole thing also makes so much sense to me because that “checking in” seems to have been lacking.

Thank you for sharing your persceptive on #TeamJoyce. It was well explained and made so much sense. 🙂

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Well said, @russell. There’s a few of us around here that know what it’s like to connect with Joyce. I’m so happy you had the experience you did with her. <3 <3 <3

Russell
      Participant

@daela I totally understand what you are saying, Lauren, I do. Mainly, I made the analogy in reference to the comparison some people seem to be making between Mason and Joyce. I think some folks would rejoice if a WWF-style Extreme Cage Match were announced with those two fighting to the death.

And, yeah, I said “100% trustworthy?” because I know there have been moments that don’t make easily trusting Joyce a possibility. It’s not just about who has the upper hand, goodness knows I have my fair share of trust issues with The Powers That Be and everyone else right now. In this conversation, I get the sense that Joyce is the choice for me to believe in. I understand if you do not feel the same.

Thank you for the understanding words, @bcbishop and @mamatato

As far as the theory that Mason is Noah is Mason is Noah. When Mason called me, I did not feel that the voice was familiar in any way. Don’t know if that counts for much, but I did not register it as familiar in any way.

Lauren Bello

Mainly, I made the analogy in reference to the comparison some people seem to be making between Mason and Joyce.

Ahhh, thank you for clarifying! That makes sense to me – between the two, she’s shared more information, interacted more with the community, and seems to be all around less volatile than Mason. I thought you were saying that your path was best served by picking the overall side that will come out on top, which confused me as it didn’t sound like you. This makes more sense. <3

Russell
      Participant

@daela Haha! Oops, sorry if that was unclear. I don’t even know how many sides there are right now, let alone trying to choose which may … oh… I don’t know… rise like a phoenix, perhaps? 🙂

Megan
      Participant

How you view @joycecarlberg depends on how you view Lust & your answer to the question “why are you here?”

First of all, yes, we as a group have a knee-jerk reaction that is part sarcasm, part hostility toward almost every new “character” we meet. I mean, if there are questions as to why people talk to @bcbishop we might want to start there, because his responses don’t reflect that at all. And before anyone gets all “but those are performers/people we know in real life vs characters in Lust” think about a couple of things…

One, you have no idea who is a performer and who isn’t.
      Two, treating the in-game characters like real people is the point.

Secondly, the information that is potentially being used to blackmail us is information we willingly gave them. Has anyone seen proof of anything outside of iconfidant emails, Tension questionnaires, Eventbrite confirmations, etc that would actually require effort to obtain? The fact is we WANT them to threaten us and that’s why we gave that info. It’s boring if they don’t. We want that experience. Any power they have over us we gave to them and are still giving to them, because we want them to use it against us. Joyce represents the people giving us that experience, she’s the theatre behind it, the true reason for why we’re here. We’re here to be fucked with, and she can do that.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@coryphella

“Why are you here?”

We must keep asking ourselves that question. (See “Westworld” clip).

We’ve also been told this is about Ouroboros/Plato’s Cave.

Keep this in mind always.

Joyce? Mason? The actors? Horace? Noah?

Do they serve the story — YOUR story — the reason why you are here?

Don’t know yet? Then reserve judgment. There’s no rush.

Megan
      Participant

@larry

ok.

Cristen
      Participant

I just got a version of the call @thebuz received last night. Instead I had a mans voice whispering “are you listening.” I said yes and then a girl, calmly, on recording, said “I’m done, I don’t want to do this anymore, I just want it to stop.” Then some clicking, maybe a recorder stopping, and the call ended.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@wanda102 Did the women’s voice sound familiar at all?

Chloe
      Participant

Are these recordings of the actors/actresses? Did Mason manage to find tapes of some sort of recordings of them when they started wanting out of Tension or Lust? I don’t know, I still have a feeling that Mason will turn out to be something bad (or have something bad happen to him like @confuseddude or Otis), but as of right now it seems like he’s trying to help us learn what the heck is going on behind closed doors.

Viewing 84 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar