9/5 – Email from Jaime (Briarberg Foundation)

This topic has 99 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

I just received an email from Jaime at The Briarberg Foundation.

Mr. Fontaine,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jaime Botkin, and I am currently on the board of directors of The Briarberg Foundation. It is my understanding that you have been in contact with our associate Mason Silver.

It has come to our attention that you have had numerous encounters with the actors, participants, and creators of the Immersive Theater project known as “The Tension Experience.”

We are also aware that you have had several suspect interactions while within their compound in Boyle Heights.

If your schedule permits we would love to invite you to sit down with us and discuss a topic that is best reserved for face to face.

There are a lot of moving pieces on our end, but I will be in town Thursday – Sunday of this week. (Currently eyeing Thursday evening around 8pm.)

Please do respond and let me know if you are able to come in and have a chat.

Warmest Regards,

Jaime

I don’t even know what to say right now. My head is spinning in “wtf”s and crazy ass theories.

Chelsea
      Participant

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK BRIARBERG IS REAL? Or real ish? With multiple people and not just Mason bullshitting us? What the fuck is going on?

Mike
      Participant

Also…..BOTkin…SUS

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Mason has described Briarberg as the “OOA-like replacement” that is a collection of unique minds bringing forth change and research with sciences

So…Jamie must be another one of those unique minds.
      I wonder if the delicate topic of discussion has anything to do with the helmet.

Sean

Briarberg seems to be filled with people who “just want to have a chat”.

Do you think this one’ll “just want to chat” with a crowbar or with a generic lead pipe?

Mike
      Participant

Maybe Mason was telling the truth the whole time and they just want to know about things. Maybe Mason was a plant of sorts that infiltrated the Foundation in order to make “fake news”.

Anonymous
      Inactive

They’re going to talk to you about your ascension.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@thegilded I’m hoping the “chat” will involve spiked nunchucks and a glass of whiskey for the pain

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Maybe Mason was telling the truth, but has a temper and is impatient, so he resorts to alternative methods when things aren’t going the way he’d like as quickly as he’d like.

Mike
      Participant

Exactly @meghanmayhem – Maybe he’s the black sheep of Briarberg (that sounds like an urban legend). Or if they are like an OOA, maybe he’s going the way of Addison where they couldn’t reprogram everything out of him.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Interesting development. Looking forward to hearing your report back from your meeting!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I think it’ll be a birthday present for @Mike and he’ll be wearing a white dress next time we see him.

Mike, do a geo-locate on the IP headers.

Maranda
      Participant

There’s also the possibility that this is the OSDM crying wolf again, making something real a part of the game. We don’t have enough information to tell.

Mike
      Participant

Another thing…Thursday, Sept 7th, when Jaime wants to meet, is the one year anniversary of The One event.

Coincidence? Probably. SUS? Most definitely.

Chris
      Participant

In light of Mason’s personal history, it’s clear that he’s too close to remain objective. Although he may have been instrumental in starting Briarberg, he has demonstrated that he’s too emotional to act on his own, to the detriment of the Foundation and its mission. I’m glad to hear Jaime is reaching out. I look forward to cooler heads prevailing.

Blondie
      Participant

There are a lot of moving pieces on our end

What an interesting turn of phrase…

Chelsea
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub Something tells me that with this group, “cooler heads” just means “alternative forms of manipulation”.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I have to wonder if the Briarberg Foundation is okay with Mason’s antics, maybe they even condone them. If they aren’t apologizing for him or trying to redact what he did, perhaps they are supportive of his “truth stick”. Maybe they want what they want, and don’t care how they get it. They got what they needed from Joyce (not confirmed, just speculating), and now they are going a different approach with @mike. Guarantee they already have all of the information on him that they need to gage how he handles certain situations and what he is receptive to. So why send in Mason first, and then follow his lead? Was he a testing ground? Was he the bait?

Robert Fuller
      Participant

If Mason is a founder of Briarberg, it’s likely he gathered like-minded individuals. For all we know, Mason’s antics could be business as usual for them.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Might I point out that Noah is the figurehead of The System and yet at times he’s acted erratic and out of tune with the images of the corporation.

Kevin
      Participant

It’s very possible Jaime does agree with Mason’s methods. Mason had mentioned that he was working on his research project at the behest of a board member. Now we’ve got a member of The Briarberg board reaching out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jaime was the one Mason was working with.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin Thanks for pointing this out. Like I said, something seems odd that this Jaime is not trying to cover up or compensate for what Mason has done. His (or her) silence points towards approval rather than disapproval

Anonymous
      Inactive

My first instinct is to go…you are going to die.

Second instinct is to tell you to get all the info.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

The Briarberg Foundation is starting to feel like the Alt-Right of Lust…

Kevin
      Participant

Building off the point that this is Mason’s point of contact, Jaime’s spiel sounds exactly like Masons’s early attempts to reach out. He wants info on the actors and people involved with The Tension Experience. Unlike Mason, he won’t even mention a topic as a pretense though. Mason at least pretended to ask about ethics in immersive theater.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Congrats, @Mike! This is your chance to get close to these people and learn a thing or two.

Hell, you might even get to be the recipient of Mason’s new “science” approach. (You’re so getting helmeted!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Wallick,

My name is Jaime Botkin, and I am currently on the board of directors of The Briarberg Foundation.

It has come to our attention that you have had numerous encounters with the actors, participants, and creators of the Immersive Theater project known as “The Tension Experience.”

We are also aware that you have had several suspect interactions while within their compound in Boyle Heights, including acting as a role as actor as you “strangled” III.

If your schedule permits we would love to invite you to sit down with us and discuss a topic that is best reserved for face to face.

There are a lot of moving pieces on our end, but I will be in town Thursday – Sunday of this week. (Currently eyeing Thursday evening around 8pm.)

Please do respond and let me know if you are able to come in and have a chat.

Warmest Regards,

Jaime

Guess I’ll see you in the thunderdome @mike

Mike
      Participant

@thebuz – Oh snap! Are you going to bring your own bat or do you think they’ll have some available there?

Megan
      Participant

@thebuz doesn’t need a bat, Mike. He uses his hands.

Chelsea
      Participant

Well well well, who do you get to strangle this time, @thebuz?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Boys night out… murderin and all @thebuz @mike

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – This isn’t Tension anymore. New experience, new weapons 😛

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella It’s more personal that way.

Going to be an interesting week.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Shall we start a dead pool for the next chosen for a Briarberg sit down?

Addison
      Participant

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit good luck guys

Chelsea
      Participant

Just got this email:

Chelsea,

My name is Jaime Botkin, and I am on the board of The Briarberg Foundation.

I am reaching out to a handful of people who attended The Tension Experience last year, files have come into our possession and yours stood out to me in particular. I would love to discuss your involvement, and more particularly any waivers you might have signed such as the one below.

Would you be available this Thursday evening for a brief chat?

Warmest Regards,

Jaime

Jamie attached my Processing Form from Tension. Adventure time! *gulp*

Anonymous
      Inactive

If it is the anniversary of The One event like @mike said, I imagine the big players from last year as well as this season will be getting the email. Just saying based off the content of the emails being sent out.

Lauren Bello

I just got this email:

Lauren Bello,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jaime Botkin and I am on the board of the Briarberg Foundation.

We have been following your involvement within The Tension universe, but more specifically your position within the organization known as “BOS”.

You are in a unique position to offer us a different perspective on a few theories we would like to present.

We understand you are a busy woman, and the last thing we want to do is waste your time. But, if you had a few minutes we would like to extend an invitation later in the week. (Most likely Thursday evening).

Do please let us know.

Regards,

Jaime

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Yeeeep. Looks like all the Indoctrination people are being pinged.

@russell
      @rizzzoooooo @addisonborn watch your emails!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Congrats to those being selected! I feel like “Don’t die” applies here. Be safe everyone!

Lia
      Participant

This is crazy. Jamie is so bold! I can’t wait to hear what happens, kids!

Kevin
      Participant

First thought with the different emails going out was:

Each email has asked for something different. They’re building out a focus group based on the variety of experiences people could have had with Tension last year.

Second thing struck me though. @mike mentioned that it was the anniversary of The One event on Thursday. Was everyone who has received an email so far at that event?

Sean

Old veterans, attendees of The One event.

Why them, specifically, though? Some link? Some interaction they had?

Mike
      Participant

@kevin

it was the anniversary of The One event on Thursday. Was everyone who has received an email so far at that event?

We’ve heard questioning about knowing what we signed, waivers, etc…everyone at The One event signed the Book of Anoch. They have all of our signatures and now it seems Joyce has/had it. Who knows whose hands it’s in now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@a in the Slack just strongly suggested we don’t go.

Chelsea
      Participant

Yea, and we have been *great* at following @a’s instructions so far. Maybe that’s what this group has in common. We all tend to do the exact opposite of what we are told.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Briarberg is intriguing, and we need to learn about this Jaime person to know how to proceed… but everyone might want to listen to @a on this.

There are no brakes on this cart anymore.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’ll be interested in organizing a spot for those not selected to meet up that evening to discuss whatever goes down. Once we have a general area for that meeting I’ll try to find a good spot somewhat nearby for us to hang while we wait on word from the Briarberg crew.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Mr. Kasch,

By way of introduction my name is Jaime Botkin and I sit on board of The Briarberg Foundation.

I am collecting my thoughts after reading your various accounts from last years Experience.

I truely hope that my bluntness will not offend you, but I am curious to talk to you regarding how much of the words you have written are in fact truths, and what part of this formed off of your friendships with the creators of the experience.

We find your accounts insightful and would love to speak with your further into any insights you would be willing to share regarding your personal experiences.

We are currently shooting for Thursday evening around 8pm, but if you are in fact interested, we will firm up a time.

Excited to sit down with you,

Jaime

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Catching up now but it seemed everyone being pinged played at least one major role in Indoctrination. Acting as a character, writing up popular articles, etc. They’re picking out certain people to get a wide scope of all that went down last night, covering all their bases. Did mason ever say what his role in the foundation was? Or did he just say he’s part of it?

Russell
      Participant

The Briarberg Fondation… trust us, we just wanna chat…

Fascinating that this meeting is coming on the heels of one of their own going so… how shall we say… off-kilter.

No… I have not received an invitation but that does not surprise me since Mason obviously thought other tactics, such as sneaking into my home if he could, would be more effective with me than a simple chat.

I disagree with the idea that Indoctrination people are being chosen, it seems to me folks who have had Briarberg interactions, such as email chains, are being chosen. (Unless I am confusing some of the recent events.)

Proceed with caution, you guys. Proceed with caution.

Jackie
      Participant

Sounds very murder-y, to me.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

@rizzzoooooo In his early e-mails with me, Mason said “I work for the Briarberg Foundation. However, this report was independently contracted by one of our board members.” I assume that’s Jaime.

@russell
      We’ll be fine. What could go wrong?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Echoing @Russell — There is a reason @a says not to go. Briarberg is an unknown. Meeting Horace in a theatre is one thing. I have found nothing on Briarberg, even on the Dark Web. Nothing on Radaris. If it were a US-based foundation it would file an annual form 990 with the IRS. Nothing.

If you are going somewhere that is not public, maintain situational awareness.

10 Ways To Improve Your Situational Awareness

Megan
      Participant

I love that @larry looked on the dark web for briarberg. Not just the deep web. The dark web. Did you check Mariana’s web as well?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Lets see what they’re all about.

Michael,

You don’t know me. My name is Jaime Botkin… I am currently on the board of the Briarberg Foundation.

Your name has popped up on numerous reports stemming from an incident that took place last year with your removal and then re-acceptance into The Tension Experience.

We are putting together a very small group to discuss some topics that I think you may find interest in.

We understand that you are very busy and have prior engagements, but if you are so inclined we are eyeing a Thursday evening meeting.

If this works with your schedule, please let us know.

All my best,

Jaime

Also:
      l o fucking l at “Your name has popped up on numerous reports stemming from an incident that took place last year with your removal and then re-acceptance into The Tension Experience.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ha! There you go.

So… are we all getting a one on one or are we going in as a group?

And how much are we drinking afterwards?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I’m thinking it’ll be a group sit down, I forgot but I thought I saw some of us got the same times? 8ish? I think @meghanmayhem’s right, pretty sure we’ll have either @addisonborn or @russell join us as well TBH

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Something I just noticed that could mean nothing, but it seems everyone’s email was asking them to come chat and fill in some blanks for them… but for @daela and I, they’re saying they have topics they think I’d find interesting and theories to present to @daela. coukd just be a small thing they didn’t mean anything by, but it did stick out to me.

Megan
      Participant

Good luck to everyone headed to this meeting – and, you know, let me know if you hear anything about Mason that I should maybe know…?

Melissa
      Participant

Oh hai guys,

So I got an email from Jaime as well. In the spirit of Never Silent here it is:

Melissa,

I have to apologize in advance that I am reaching out to you.

You do not know me, nor I you.

My name is Jaime, and I sit on the board of the Briarberg Foundation.

I have stumbled onto your file from The Tension Experience and see you have recently quit the experience.

If this is indeed the case, the last thing I want to do is drag you back into something you appear to be running from… However, if you are so open, I would love to discuss with you the reasons behind your leaving, as well as your personal stories about the Tension Experience last year.

Please feel free to ignore this message, and I will halt my communication with you.

My very best,

Jaime

I told Jaime I’m open to it if it works in my schedule. I later got a time, Thursday at 8pm. Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me so I can’t go. Very interesting Briarberg Foundation would reach out to me…seems like they’re hitting up people from all walks of experience. From the very active to the well, inactive.

As a side note, I miss you guys.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Well this is interesting.

Though notable choices in wording, referring to it as “something you appear to be running from”, immediately followed by asking you to tell him why. Seems kind of abrasive amongst the rest of the pleasantries.

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

So Briarberg refers to Melissa’s Tension file and sees that she has recently quit which means Jaime has access to recent Tension data. Jaime seems to accept and maybe even encourage distancing ourselves from the experience which tracks with their stated motives. Interesting that Jaime keeps referring to Tension and never Lust.

We miss you too, @mkarrett.

Megan
      Participant

That is…disconcerting that you’ve been reached out to, Melissa. It almost suggests, again, that we can’t leave.

Also we most *definitely* miss you.

Russell
      Participant

@lazysmartperson I am glad you pointed this out, Kevin.

… which means Jaime has access to recent Tension data.

Some of us were surprised that the Briarberg Foundation seemed to have access to so much Tension info… and those carefully chosen people that got an invitation for Thursday has each stated – it seemed to reference something that would be in their “file,” recent or long past. (Oddly enough, Mason made reference in our phone call to the picture of the briefcase Joyce carried when she met with me. Surely they have access to my info, as well. Why was he referencing a photo for information and making assumptions?)

This in person meeting is also resembling a search for a smoking gun to me. (I said that about Mason’s attitude toward me during our brief phone call. Is Jaime just a more well-mannered approach for that search than the rambunctious Mason?)

Maybe they need to find a patron willing to come forward and say, “Yep, there be monsters here, let’s destroy everything!”
      Maybe Thursday is about recruiting a whistleblower of some sort from the ranks of participants?

Melissa
      Participant

@lazysmartperson interesting interpretation! When I saw the email I initially thought “I’m not exactly ‘running away’ from Tension, I’m handling my shit right now”.

I read it as Jaime being very unaware of the personal matters I’m sorting out and has something completely different on his file. Then again, Jaime could be using just interesting word choice I suppose.

I’d like to see what exactly they have on my file….

Mike
      Participant

This is a “nothing is random” type of random theory.

We know that Clint’s Instagram has had some interesting things on it lately. Today he (apparently) posted pictures from the KC Zoo. This isn’t something Clint would usually post (no dogs in it) and the photos look like stock photos. There are 9 animals.

We know of 7 people that got contacted by Briarberg. That leaves 2. Are there 2 others that haven’t spoken up yet? Or could the other 2 be Mason and Jaime?

I think each animal represents one of of the contacted. Could this be what they think they know about us? Or how we should act tomorrow? Or what? I’m not sure what Clint is trying to tell us with this, if anything, but this post is super fishy for him.

Here’s the link

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I’m literally on a plane that’s about to take off (back in LA on the 15th! Don’t die y’all!) but had anybody tried to find Clint’s Flickr? Perhaps IG is pointing us there?

Megan
      Participant

The hippo one is almost identical to this.

Megan
      Participant

Found his flickr. They’re there, and they are old.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@mkarrett We miss you too! Curious that he’d reach out to you, given you stepped away from the experience. Hope you are well!

Blondie
      Participant

If they’re reaching out for info on Tension, then of course they would contact Melissa (loveyoumissyougonnasquishyousohardsoonhopefully). And if we follow Mike’s theory about there being 9, the remaining two could definitely be Tensionites, Ascenders, Apostles, ex-participants, whatever your preferred term. Sadly, there’s a decent sized list of those who have fallen by the wayside…

Addison
      Participant

Catching up from last night, this may have been said and I’m missing it – but so far, the list of people contacted individually and/or had audio recordings leaked (notated by a * below) by Mason or Briarberg is:

Tension Personnel:
      Stephanie
      Andrew*
      Erika
      Damien
      Darren*
      Clint*

Tension Participants:
      Mike
      Buz
      Chelsea
      Lauren
      Kasch
      Rizzo
      Melissa

Every participant had a unique experience or played some important role within the greater Tension experience. Are there any connections within the Participant list to the Personnel list? 7 chosen participants, are we not hearing about contact with Personnel?

Miss seeing you around here Melissa 🙁

Megan
      Participant

I’m assuming you left me off this list not by accident?
      Edited: and Russell, right?
      Edited again: and Violet, and Kevin, and Larry, and Hannah, and Sarah, and Bryan. But there are not for Briarberg/ethics stuff maybe?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
       Addison
      Participant

@coryphella sorry, for participants I was thinking people that had been invited to the meeting thing! Should’ve been more specific, posted it quickly without thinking..

Megan
      Participant

@addisonborn – totally fine, once I looked at my notes and saw all the names I realized that.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Anyone else getting a sinking feeling in their stomach for the people chosen for tomorrow? It’s been awfully quiet today. Makes me think this won’t be a simple Q&A session for those going.

Be safe y’all.

Megan
      Participant

@nothenrygale

…….

yes.

Cassandra
      Participant

I just read all this…been gone for a few days…yeah, sounds like a possible trap of sorts. And agreeing with Hannah, it’s not like they tried to separate themselves from Mason’s recent outburst which is a little SUS. Just…in general… these people are aggressive. Hope everyone is safe!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

See you tonight, although I will be taking precautionary measures. I hope you are, too.

Mr. Meyers,

My name is Jaime, and I sit on the board of The Briarberg Foundation.

I just finished your article from Hollywood in Toto.

You are man of a lot of words maybe tonight you like to hear some of ours?

Tonight, 8pm?

Let me know if can make yourself available.

Regards,

J

Lia
      Participant

Oh snap. Give ’em hell, @larry.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I’m not sure how much use all my words will be. But I am interested to hear theirs.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

How odd that most of the others were asked to come in and share information with them and you were asked to come in and listen.

Chelsea
      Participant

Email came in confirming the time and zip code. Now we wait. More info should be coming in around 8:30pm. We’ll keep y’all posted, promise.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@meghanmayhem

That’s my problem, Meghan.
      I don’t listen.
      I never listen.

Alternatively, they already know what I think. I wrote two articles. The info is out there.

Megan
      Participant

More info coming in at 8:30pm? I thought it started at 8pm?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@larry Don’t I fucking know it.

Addison
      Participant

So the new list of Tension Participants invited to 9/7 event is:
      Mike
      Buz
      Chelsea
      Lauren
      Kasch
      Rizzo
      Melissa
      Larry

So.. the list now seems to discredit the theory of all invited participants playing a unique role in the Tension Experience, unless Larry was up to some shit last year that I’m completely unaware of that has also been deleted from the Tension forums. I believe both Chelsea and Larry joined right around Ascension?

So his role here may be his OOG connection to Steph, but that doesn’t necessarily work with the other participants as not everyone had/has connections to cast?

Mike – Scribe
      Buz – Killed III
      Chelsea – Had one of the first interactions with Samson within Ascension
      Lauren – BOS
      Kasch – Wrote the article to bring us all in
      Rizzo – Kicked out
      Melissa – Sentry of the Council
      Larry – Friends with Stephanie

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

@addisonborn I think it has less to do with being friends with Steph than the two articles I wrote praising TENSION. The second one was particularly glowing and referenced in the Email I received today.

This was the second time it was referenced. Mason called me a few days ago and quoted directly from it, then saying, “You actually believe the shit you’re selling?”

So it may have more to do with my zealotry.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Wait, @rizzzoooooo was kicked out?

Chelsea
      Participant

@nothenrygale For like 5 whole seconds.

Addison
      Participant

@nothenrygale yup. @rizzzoooooo was kicked out of Tension in late April 2016 for saying “Fuck the OOA,” and we voted to allow him back in at the OOA’s donut mixer on 5/29/16. He was hooded and marched in front of all participants right before Tom Barrow interrupted the proceedings (and was thrown through a wall) and Sabrina, at that point Addison Barrow, was quickly “escorted” out of the building by OOA goons while screaming for her life.

Megan
      Participant

Also, you want to talk about embarrassing? I’m planning to wear a sweater vest and have a baseball bat in my trunk in honor of the over zealous baseball fan who has the balls to actually DO something and not just talk about doing something.

@mike
      , we need to have a serious talk.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@addisonborn @nothenrygale

That was my first event and the first time I met everyone.

I had no fucking clue what I was headed into and it was the weirdest goddamn thing I’ve witnessed.

When you sign up for something you’ve never done and are like “Oh cool puzzles and creepy calls I guess.”

Then they bring a dude out in a hood and everyone votes for his safety.

It was majorly fucked .

Addison
      Participant

@thebuz and now, after all this, voting on the safety of a hooded stranger feels like an average Wednesday afternoon..

Megan
      Participant

@addisonborn good thing it’s Thursday.

Melissa
      Participant

So uh hey guys (again)

Schedule changed a bit today and I can actually go to….whatever is happening tonight. I don’t have a zip code yet, I’m getting more information at 5:30p. Let’s get weird? (tosses confetti awkwardly)

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@mkarrett SUS

Paranoia levels increasing.

Megan
      Participant

@nothenrygale – Hi. Welcome. Have a seat. 🙂

Viewing 97 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar