9/3 – Call from Mason re: K-pop

Tagged: ,

This topic has 15 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Mike.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

I was one of the people Mason originally emailed and while we had a couple of back and forths, it ended once he started calling people. Instead of just letting it go, I emailed him one more time about how we should talk based on the information that’s been given out (since we know more about him now). I told him that we seem to be a lot alike and that people thought we were one in the same. For example, I said he liked female fronted pop music like Katy Perry and I like female front K-Pop.

So I get a call a little bit ago and it’s about a 5 minute conversation about K-Pop. Here’s the thing, Mason knows his shit! He asked who my favorite was (Girl’s Generation) and to give him a song of theirs. Then he busts out that he likes Girl’s Day, After School/Orange Caramel, Brown Eyed Girls (side note, this is the group that hooked @russell onto K-pop with their song Abracadabra) and then we talked about how Psy licensed the dance from that video for his Gentleman video.

Mason rules.

Chelsea
      Participant

Hahahaha this is hilarious.

Question: was he calm, collected Mason, or off his rocker a little insane Mason?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Yeah, I can get behind this. While I cannot say I share your love for the K-pop wave, I do love me some Top 40 pop.

While many in the community who know me only by my bitchy frost queen exterior might be shocked, those close to me have on many on occasion been subjected to my screeching along to Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Gaga, etc.

Mike
      Participant

@chelsea – He was calm and collected…I on the other hand, was way too excited to be talking about K-Pop on a Sunday night to someone I don’t really know.

Mike
      Participant

@meghanmayhem – You’re already half way there if you’re into them. Let me show you some things 😉

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike I’m imagining Pinhead in a gold sequined jacket and matching gold aviators saying “I have such sights to show you”

Mike
      Participant

@meghanmayhem That’s EXACTLY how I was hoping you’d take it!

Violet
      Participant

@mike This is the cutest thing I’ve read all week. I ship it.

@meghanmayhem
      And THAT is the best visual, goddamn.

Russell
      Participant

@meghanmayhem

1. I totally get the Katy Perry thing. Quality pop is quality pop.
      I was raised on an odd mix of Top 40 pop, disco, 70’s rock and Motown soul.;-)

2. I have always seen @mike as a twisted relative of Pinhead.

3. The long-form story version of the “Abracadabra” video by Brown Eyed Girls is the sexiest music video ever made. That is all.

Addison
      Participant

Now I know why Horace doesn’t want us to trust Mason. Dropping Girl’s Day and Orange Caramel but somehow didn’t mention the new Red Velvet?

There’s obviously something wrong with this guy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m partial to Brown Eyed Girls’ Sixth Sense.

Also obsessed with f(x) and am happy that CL is doing well with her solo career from 2NE1. Oops. How can I forget Miss A?!

Russell
      Participant

@addisonborn and @mamatato, I still have so much to learn… member swapping and break off solo careers still confuse me easily.
      (Oh, wait… actually I just confuse easily in general!)
      And, yes to Sixth Sense. And that bonkers video!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I have a terrible image or Mike and Mason dancing like Michael Madsen in RESERVOIR DOGS to Katy Perry as they cut off someone’s ear.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@meghanmayhem If you’re down to get down with marathon Lady Gaga music videos, I have a karaoke machine that’s already plugged in and ready to be our disco stick… I’ll belt out every word with you and be so proud of it. Moving on…

@mike
      Sounds like a k-pop bromance is brewing… shall I say a Bad Romance? Okay I’m done ??‍♀️??

Violet
      Participant

@larry Is that REALLY terrible though??

Mike
      Participant

THANK YOU @erisbonn

And @larry, if there are 2 ears. One ear would be Katy Perry, the other would be Girl’s Day 😀

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar