9/2 Mason Calls Again

This topic has 29 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.

• Author
       Megan
      Participant

Mason is definitely reading Slack because I had just said that I was going to bed and maybe ten seconds later, my phone rang.

He wanted to know if I was going to sleep.

We ended up talking about nothing really much…he asked about my day, told me he had had a long day, that he puts himself under a lot of stress. He asked me about teaching. He asked me why I didn’t like my voice. He asked what I do at the end of a long day. He asked about my cats, their names and how they got them. I told him I was only going to keep talking if he talked in return. “So you’re looking for tit for tat?”

He said “you don’t sleep much, do you?” I said I had a weird relationship with sleep and he said “I remember.” Which I’m going to assume he remembers from Slack and not some weird file he got from a doctor or something.

I asked him why he didn’t want to be recorded and all he said was “do YOU want to be recorded?”

He asked again, “are you going to sleep soon?” I said yes, and he said “are you going to let me listen?” He also asked “do you believe you’re silent when you sleep?”

I told him that I thought this request was weird and that honestly, my husband probably wouldn’t like it – tbh we had a conversation earlier today about where the line was with Lust for him, and it’s not related to Mason or this call or anything near this at all but although my husband has been exceedingly patient and flexible with all this, everyone has limits, and…bringing the phone to bed so random sociopath can listen to your wife sleep seems MAYBE past a limit.

At one point he asked “do you see the ash? falling from the sky?” I assume he’s talking about the fire?? I said no, because I’m not in California.

He said he was “filthy” and had to shower. He said our talk had been wonderful and he had to go. I asked him if we would be talking again tomorrow night (jokingly) and he said “bye Megan,” and hung up.

Oh, he also apologized for getting cut off last night. Apparently he didn’t hang up on me on purpose. So yay.
      Also I’m pretty sure he was in a public place during this call.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Aww, the psychopath has a crush on you. How cute.

Violet
      Participant

Well damn. Least he wasn’t totally creepy this time?

Megan
      Participant

@remrelganaps – the psychopaths ALWAYS do in these things – see: GK3.

Megan
      Participant

Mason just called me again. He did not ask to listen to me sleep this time, he said he had a request, and he asked me to read something to him. I asked what it was, and he said to look up the Desiderata. (Subtle messaging there guys thanks) I asked him what I would get in return, and he said “don’t embarrass yourself, Megan.” When I asked why that would be an embarrassment he only said “will you read it to me?” So…I did. At the end of it he said “Good night, Megan.” And hung up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mason definitely seems to like you? I’m not sure what word I should use to describe this…

Megan
      Participant

I call it “me asking for it.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

for our reference
      Max Ehrmann

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
      and remember what peace there may be in silence.
      As far as possible without surrender
      be on good terms with all persons.
      Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
      and listen to others,
      even the dull and the ignorant;
      they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
      they are vexations to the spirit.
      If you compare yourself with others,
      you may become vain and bitter;
      for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
      Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
      it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
      Exercise caution in your business affairs;
      for the world is full of trickery.
      But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
      many persons strive for high ideals;
      and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
      Especially, do not feign affection.
      Neither be cynical about love;
      for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
      it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
      gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
      Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
      But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
      Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
      Beyond a wholesome discipline,
      be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
      no less than the trees and the stars;
      you have a right to be here.
      And whether or not it is clear to you,
      no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
      whatever you conceive Him to be,
      and whatever your labors and aspirations,
      in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
      it is still a beautiful world.
      Be cheerful.
      Strive to be happy.

Megan
      Participant

I have been reciting this poem to myself since I was a teenager. I had parts of it stitched on my backpack in high school.

I fail at every statement in this poem, always, and I’m well aware. So…that was intentional.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella I had never read this poem before tonight and I find myself relating to it quite well. It echoes some internal thoughts of mine over the years.

Chris
      Participant

All advice he should be taking. Maybe you have a way with him, @coryphella. He knew he needed to hear it and coming from you it might sink in. Or else he’s just in a particularly ironic mood.

Megan
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub – well, that may be true, but I don’t think that was the intended message here.

Violet
      Participant

@coryphella Wow, I’ve never read that poem before. I love it. And I also relate to it in a lot of ways…damn.

superstar
      Participant

Words of wisdom. Thanks for this, @coryphella, @mamatato, and Mason.

Megan
      Participant

@erisbonn – I think it’s one that we all relate to and need to hear. It’s good advice. We all let ourselves and our wants (lusts!) get in the way of actually heeding it though.

Violet
      Participant

It is interesting that he chose that particular poem…

Violet
      Participant

Troofax. Troofuckingfax.

Chris
      Participant

I’m just having trouble swallowing the guy we saw in the video last night telling US to read this. Feels a little hypocritical. Unless this is true Mason shining through.

superstar
      Participant

What if Mason realizes that (unconfirmed theory) trying on the helmet changed him, and caused him to do… bad things. He’s fighting against losing his mind entirely. Sort of like what we’ve seen from Otis.

Violet
      Participant

@superstar Thaaaaat would explain why I got what seemed to be a taste of both Masons. He didn’t get creepy till later on in our call, and when he brought of the Hole video he got really agitated and was like, “That’s why I’m fucking calling you! THAT’S WHY I’M FUCKING CALLING YOU!” then seemed to calm himself down & started talking about Taylor Swift/Katy Perry lol.

Chris
      Participant

Even under constant supervision at the compound, the Addison persona would fuctuate and Sabrina would break through, which severely confused and disoriented her. I’m wondering how long the effects of a single session could even last. Is Mason CONTINUING to wear the helmet? Maybe he thinks this persona is actually helping him get things done. Things the normal Mason couldn’t or wouldn’t do.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Well, he said he only wore it once and that it had no effect, so if it did have an effect, he’s apparently unaware of it. It’s unlikely that he continues to wear it.

Shaun
      Participant

@coryphella how does Mason know you like that poem? Do you have it committed to memory?

Megan
      Participant

Mason doesn’t know that I like that poem (he does now). That was just a coincidence. I have lines from it committed to memory but I doubt I could just recite the whole thing. As a teenager and college student in the 90s I volunteered for a lot of those at-risk youth programs and so shit like this was always around. As I get older I just feel like it’s a list of ways I’ve failed at life. Not that I can’t change but my ego always gets in the way of being a better person.

Anyway, a couple of thoughts on the Desiderata phone call:

1. Because I take everything super personally, I initially thought this was a message just to ME. This is possible.

2. But, I did say on slack that Mason should call with something “important,” and so, this could be “important.” This could be a message that everyone needs to hear, for whatever reason.

3. In the past couple of days a number of people have expressed frustrations at not being heard. I find it interesting that this call came in after one participant in particular was feeling this way and was told by Mason to “go to bed.” “Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others…”

4. People have also mentioned that they feel Mason himself needs to be listened to. “…even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.” Not calling Mason dull and/or ignorant here, but referring to the suggestion that everyone, regardless of outward appearance, has something to offer. Maybe we need to ignore the messenger and hear the message; yes, @kevin, maybe Mason himself isn’t a shining example of the Desiderata (though neither am I). Maybe #teamJoyce people are upset by him and have been targeted by him specifically. Maybe he’s particularly dangerous to women. And *maybe* we have to put aside our fear or distaste and listen to the message anyway.

superstar
      Participant

@coryphella I think you’ve interpreted Mason’s message perfectly.

Megan
      Participant

Either that or he’s recording my voice to use for nefarious purposes.

Shaun
      Participant

@coryphella I just got a chill reading you say it’s a coincidence. You said you had “parts of it stitched on my backpack in high school”. That’s some coincidence don’t you think?

Jackie
      Participant

@coryphella

your weird meter must be going off the charts.

Megan
      Participant

Yeah it’s some coincidence but it’s still just a coincidence. I’d love to suspend disbelief and be able to go there with you but TPTB know me better than that. The Desiderata is a very well known piece of inspirational writing. It’s the kind of thing that is passed around non-stop in self-help groups and AA meetings. I volunteered a lot with NH Teen Institute in the early 90s and other warm and fuzzy drug and alcohol prevention teen programs. That’s where I heard it a lot. I might guess that if you’re not around one of those things maybe it’s not as familiar? I don’t know. I mean we also knew the serenity prayer backwards and forwards.

It seems to me that if Mason wanted to target me specifically he’d have me read Anne Sexton. There’s plenty on the internet linking me to her poetry including tattoos. I think this was a message for us that I happen to just identify with.

Megan
      Participant

@theladyj – it’s getting better? I mean the calls are getting more normal? I am much more concerned for y’all than I am for me, you’re actually physically THERE.

Viewing 29 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar