8/1/17 – Calls from Noah

This topic contains 54 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  scot 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     Lauren Bello 
    Participant

I just got a call from a No Caller ID number.

Me: This is Lauren.
    Noah, mocking sing-song: “This is Lauren” fuck-ing Bel-lo! One of my harshest critics. How in the fuck are you, Lauren?
    *I laugh*
    Me: Um…I’m doing fine. How are YOU?
    *Noah mimics my laugh*
    Noah: You pretend to hate me, but I know what’s up. You think about me, don’t you. You’re happy to hear from me. You know what, don’t answer that. Lauren, what is it that you value in your life?
    Me: Friendship.
    Noah: Friendship, hm. Why is it that you place value in these…friendships?
    Me: Because I didn’t have many friendships when I was a child, so I value them more now.
    Noah: Oh, violins going off in my head. Let me tell you something – to elicit change, you must first plant the seed and then water it. What happens when you don’t water a seed?
    Me: Presumably nothing.
    Noah: Exactly. Nothing fucking grows. Who else shaped you, Lauren? Who made you YOU? No, you know what, scratch that. Specifically, who has had the biggest impact in your life?
    Me: Probably my mom.
    Noah: Yeah? Well here’s what I want you to do. I want you to hang up with me, and call your mom, and let her know that she made an impact. Water that fucking seed, Bello, so it can grow. This ain’t about you, it’s about her. You want to change the world, then start thinking about other people. *muttering* Fucking selfish goofball.

Then he hung up.

Buz Wallick 

Noah calling you out for voicing criticism on Saturday. Daaayum.

You call your mom?

Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant

Looks like King Goofball might actually care about other people.

Bryan Bishop 
    Participant

This is awesome. As somebody that’s been a Noah skeptic from the start, it’s impossible to deny that these kind of small tasks — giving us ownership of our agency, proving to ourselves that the things we do have an impact in the actual world — empower us, interaction by interaction.

No idea where Noah is eventually going, but assuming that self-actualization is the goal, The System is starting to make some sense.

I hope you have a wonderful call with your mom, @daela!

Crystal 
    Participant

Looks like King Goofball might actually care about other people.

I’ll believe that when Noah doesn’t feel the need to berate his subjects into performing good deeds.

Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant

@bcbishop There’s always a twist.
    Making an impact doesn’t always mean doing good. It means affecting the people and the world around you. For better or worse.
    As these tasks keep coming, from him or from other sources, just remember that they’re not MAKING you to anything. You can choose to say no.

Megan 
    Participant

This one is much less…public than either @nothenrygale‘s or @chelsea‘s was.

Sean 

I’m having a little trouble with my task, so I’ll post about it while I think of how to word it. I got a call too.

I should note, before I continue, that my office is right next to a R&D facility that does work with drones and radio communication. That means that when they do tests, cell phone reception SUCKS. Today was one of those days. Below is my likely incorrect memory of the call, and I will note the parts that I could not hear

Noah: *Singing an unidentified song* Sean! It’s been too long since [inaudible]
    Me: Noah! I haven’t heard from you since my birthday, how’s it been?
    Noah: [inaudible]
    Me: Sorry, you were breaking up a little there. Can you repeat yourself?
    Noah: I don’t repeat myself. Anyways, [Inaudible]
    *pause as he clearly expected me to answer. I did not since I heard nothing*
    Noah: I said, is your dad still teaching?
    Sean: Just retired this year, actually
    Noah: Yeah great, enough about this small talk. Sean, what scares you?
    Sean: That people will turn against me if they find that I am not what they think I am
    Noah: Yeah that’s a load of bullshit. What are you really scared of?
    Sean: That’s it. Having friends turn against me because they find out who I am instead of who I appear to be
    Noah: [Intermittently inaudible] I want you to go to facebook and I want you to broadcast to the world a list of ways that you are going to make this problem your bitch.
    [Immediate hangup]

I fucking hope I got it down right. Sorry, @maddyxxx, if I didn’t.

Definitely having a little trouble coming up with a list of ideas, so I’ll have it up in a minute or two. Not big on sharing on Facebook in the first place so I’ll come up with something

Bryan Bishop 
    Participant

Agree 100% that they’re not making anyone do anything, @meghanmayhem. I just don’t believe Noah is doing things because he’s a nice guy. I think he’s teaching everyone how to have agency, impact on the outside world, and how to step outside our respective comfort zones. And then, as you say, there will be a turn.

Basically he’s teaching us all how to eventually become assholes by first teaching us how to be nice. First step of The System.

Kevin 
    Participant

Noah: Oh, violins going off in my head. Let me tell you something – to elicit change, you must first plant the seed and then water it. What happens when you don’t water a seed?
    Me: Presumably nothing.
    Noah: Exactly. Nothing fucking grows. Who else shaped you, Lauren? Who made you YOU? No, you know what, scratch that. Specifically, who has had the biggest impact in your life?

Noah is totally watering the seeds he’s planted. We can’t grow into what he wants us to be without spending time shaping us, showing us how people have impacted us, so he can do the exact same thing.

Candace 
    Participant

OK I just walked into my house after getting a call from Noah while driving. I was on the other line and saw the unknown call coming in, got excited and had to tell the person I’d call them back. So I answer

Me: Hello?

Him: CANDACE!

there’s some trouble hearing him and I try to ask who it is although the voice is familiar. He tells me he doesn’t have time for introductions and asks again if I know who it is.

Me: Noah 🙂

He’s charming and nice (in his Noah way) and to the point. He basically asks who hurt me as a child (I’m paraphrasing because I can’t remember word for word and I didn’t record the call). I try to think and immediately remember when I was younger (Jr high to be exact but I didn’t tell him that) that a kid named Sergio, who I actually had a huge crush on, used to make fun of me really bad.

Noah: Sergio. How’d did that make you feel? What value did he give you?

Me: he made me feel worthless.

Noah: what positive value did u get from that? How did that change you? (Again I’m paraphrasing)

Me: I learned never to let anyone treat me like that again

Noah: it made you stronger, (insert more positive words I can’t remember)

Me: yes

Noah: good. I want you to contact Sergio on social media and tell him how he made you feel (I think that’s what he told me to do?)

Me: OK

*click*

So awkward moment when I do have Sergio on social media and his number…but I’ve never told him seriously how much he really hurt me when we were kids. I guess I’m going to tell him that what he did really affected me negatively but was turned into positive growth…I don’t want to have that conversation…but I will. I just initiated conversation with him so here I go…

Embarrassing glimpse into my past over.

Kortney 
    Participant

It’s says something that Noah is spending his time and effort into other people, trying to get them to make the most out of their life and make sure they make an impact on others.

He’s investing in us, since (going on theory) he’s got a countdown on his life. Living on by investing in others, who will make an impact with even more people.

Sarah Musnicky 
    Participant

@kevin Indeed. I also think it will be easier to water said seeds with this particular method because it reads as more personal.

KINGKILL33 
    Participant

I honestly don’t think you need to learn how to be nice first in order to be an asshole @bcbishop. Some people are born with the gift of being a natural asshole, as I assume Noah has. You either got it or you don’t, there’s a craft to being an Grade A doucebag.

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

See, this just adds further confusion to my “task”.

@chelsea – “Open up to some strangers!”
    @daela – “Call someone who made an impact on your life”
    @thegilded – “Make a FB post about tackling a fear”
    @pandace88 – “Reach out to someone who hurt you”

“Brad, go buy some dirty magazines”

All the other tasks genuinely have a positive outcome that can be seen to help the person. Mine doesn’t seem to have any of that. If it was about shame as Noah claimed it was, dirty magazines are not my shame. In which case this comes out more as just a power play to try to embarrass someone who has criticized him. But even then, Lauren criticized him and The System and got an actually helpful and meaningful task.

Dafuq Noah.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar