7/29 – The System Event

This topic contains 79 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Cassandra 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

@daela Thanks for posting this, because I was too busy listening intently to actually listen to what you read.

Noah doesn’t care. Nor should he. We aren’t here to please him or anyone else. What matters is ourselves.
    “Try to not let yourself down” is the operative phrase here.

The mysterious @remrelganaps [who registered months ago and only made his first comment after the event] raises the most important and challenging queries.

“I have some questions for the people who feel good about yesterday: Do you really feel like giving away $1 or $5 or $10 to a homeless person made any real impact on their lives?”

It’s like a pebble in a lake. It creates a brief set of ripples. Perhaps another day of survival, of hope. It doesn’t make any real manifest impact, though, for it is not a long-term solution.

“Do you often hand out money to homeless people (your own money)? If not, why not? If so, do you feel like you’re making an impact each and every time, and do you feel great about it every time?”

Rarely. I used to, but when I realized that it really didn’t make a meaningful impact, I stopped for the most part. Only in cases of extreme destitution am I usually moved to do so in the moment. I don’t feel great about it at all. I find myself feeling compassion and sadness for the individual. When I see the face of someone truly in need, whom I have given to, I feel more humbled than anything else. I hope I helped that person’s suffering, even a little bit.

“How was yesterday’s experience different from any other time you’ve given out money or food to the homeless (other than that you weren’t using your own money this time)?”

Having been given a mission to hand out food (which became a gift of money as well), I was placed in a state of heightened awareness. Having decided to hand the food to someone in a really bad way, I drove around Skid Row for quite awhile. Every time I thought I saw a candidate, another person 25 feet away seemed worse off. It made the lunch I had suddenly seem so terribly valuable, and I felt an even greater sense of responsibility to provide it to someone who would truly need it.

“What do you think you learned from yesterday’s experience, if anything?”

Judaism teaches the concept of “Tikkun Olam”, which means to engage in acts of repair in order to literally heal the world. But there is another piece to this. One is to engage in contemplative restorative acts — that is, to think about and reflect on the activity you are engaging in. Essentially, to pray. In doing so, we are healing ourselves at the same time.

“Why do you need the System in order to do what you did yesterday? Would you have felt and/or acted differently if you were asked to use your own money?”

I don’t need The System to do it. The ability always exists to do so. What The System did was essentially to issue a call to actively engage in such healing — on the Sabbath, I might add. A reminder to step outside myself for a day to help others, as the call is not always heard when I’m in my own “innocuous bullshit”. As for the money, as mentioned, I ended up handing out $40 of my own money to two individuals. Strangely, I never even felt that my money was even mine. Perhaps because I could afford to give that $40 away. Perhaps I would feel differently if I needed that $40.

Sage 
    Participant

@daela, what does catching up on “my stories” mean?? Like watching Netflix in the hot tub? That’s odd phrasing?

Lauren Bello 
    Participant

what does catching up on “my stories” mean??

In rural areas, catching up on “my stories” is watching soap operas: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/my_stories

Tim Redman 
    Participant

My grandmother already referred to her stories. Maybe Noah didn’t even pen that letter. Maybe somebody much older.

superstar 
    Participant

I spent a while today writing out my feelings about Saturday’s events, mainly in an effort to sort it all out in my own heart and mind. It helped, but I will not be posting what I wrote. Saturday touched a very sensitive nerve for me, one rooted directly to my childhood, and I feel disappointed in myself for many reasons. I need to step away for a bit and reconsider how I approach this experience.

To those of you who expressed understanding and care when I saw you later that day: thank you. You made an impact. 🙂

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

I am an idiot.

It took me until now to recall that when Noah called me, he asked, “What is something that you value?”

I said, “Constantly moving forward”, and he said, “Through your bowels, yeah, yeah…”

Then he tasked me to sell three strangers on The System.

First, he foreshadowed Saturday’s event. Yet at the same time, he dismissed my answer. It almost sounded like he would’ve dismissed anything I said because, as he wrote, he doesn’t care. It doesn’t matter to him. It should only matter to me.

But he tasked me to sell something I know nothing about. The only way to do that was simply to buy in on faith.

Today’s quote: “You can’t buy into the System until you buy into your ability to make an impact.”

Whether or not I sold anyone on anything was not the point of the task. What mattered was whether or not I made an impact on those individuals with my pitch, just as I think @chelsea made an impact on that couple, in creating a moment of human compassion.

Andrew Kasch 
    Participant

It’s interesting that you speak of creating a moment, @larry… because that’s what made this feel different. I’ve given my share of dollars to people on the street and to various charities, but there’s always been a sense of disconnection. Handing out food and water to people on skid row, I wasn’t in a rush. This wasn’t just something I was stopping to do for brief seconds while getting from Point A to Point B. This felt more personal and engaging than just dropping change into someone’s hat and I could see the gratitude on their faces. You can trivialize the matter by saying a bottle of water or a Snackables pack or $1 made no impact, but it wasn’tjust about our meager gifts… it was about looking someone in the eye and creating a moment that shows you see and acknowledge them as a person. That’s the greatest feeling in the world when you’ve hit rock bottom. That’s making an impact.

Candace 
    Participant

@kasch ^^^ yes! All that!

But I am still confused because the System is being so nice when on paper the System sounds like a piece of shit. .

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Candace.
     Buz Wallick 

@pandace88 I think that’s the idea. Get rid of your preconceived notions of what we think we know about something.

It is afterall about the bigger picture.

Candace 
    Participant

@thebuz but we have those preconceived notions because they TOLD us to have them. The website, the commercials for the system etc. We didn’t make that up ourselves. I don’t understand the message we’re supposed to learn. The system and good deeds to me are on opposite ends of the spectrum so none of this is making sense to me..but I’ll wait and see how it unfolds since we’re apparently only half way

Kyle 
    Participant

@pandace88

I think the lessons are two fold.

1. Good PR is good PR. The System Saves. Looks good on paper. But like fart too many charitable acts by those in the public spotlight, The System can publicly do one thing and privately stand for something different. Think of the politician that goes to a children’s hospital before cutting it’s funding.

2. It’s the first step to their broader point. First, they suck you in by doing nice things. “Oh, the System isn’t so bad. See, they helped me help this person and taught me that I could change someone’s day through good works.” But what they’re doing is priming you for the later steps. Now that you know you can make a difference with as little as a dollar, you’ll know you can make a difference in the rest of your life. Another word for change is manipulate. It just sounds nicer when you use change instead. “I changed a homeless person’s day by passing out water and sack lunches.” How bad does it sound when you say “I manipulated some homeless people by passing out water and sack lunches.” It sounds terrible, but it’s more or less the same thing. Now you know you can manipulate someone with very little effort. what can you do if you put your mind to it? If you REALLY get behind making something happen? Now, instead of helping people, help yourself. Get what you want. Manipulate your friends, your co-workers, your boss, the world to get what you want.

Ultimately, I think, it’s not about helping the homeless. It’s about helping you understand that you can change things, right now.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Kyle.
     Candace 
    Participant

@bruinbown ahhh now that makes sense!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Candace.
     Sean 

The system and good deeds to me are on opposite ends of the spectrum so none of this is making sense to me

Maybe this is all a ruse, The System and Noah coming from different minds or being controlled by different things.

Or maybe simplifying things into “Super goodie boyscout” and “Meanie pants” is reductionist and a mistake. Maybe The System is about challenging preconceived notions that all power must go to selfish reasons, that hyper-capitalism and faux-alpha male style interactions are the only ways to move forward in the world.

The System, at its core, has preached that it will teach you how to take an idea, an iota of will, and manifest it into something real. In the early days, that was shrouded in the “Get money, get bitches” style advertisements that we all know, but you can impose your will onto the world in so many other ways as well. On Saturday, people were given a couple bucks and they changed the world, even if only by a small bit. The System is already showing people that they have the power to do things beyond the norm.

Does it matter if the person teaching you to be a better person is an asshole if the end result is you being a better person?

Cristen 
    Participant

@bruinbown this is spot on. Andy literally said as much after our first trip out. He was showing us that even what may seem like a good deed (and it was) is a small manipulation. You are cultivating loyalty. To put it bluntly: That person we gave to? Maybe they now think better of us because we did so. Apply that to business, to relationships, to getting what YOU want. If you carry yourself as capable of making an impact on everyone around you, others will defer to you. If you give someone something they need, or something they didn’t yet know they needed, you are showing them a subtle dominance through your “good” deed. You are the provider. And that person is now useful to you. Do this enough, when you take what you want, it will just look like you’re doing another favor.

Cody 
    Participant

I would like to put forward a thought that it us because the hearts of men and women are weak. While some like the systems message it is loathed by others, regardless of opinions both sides dance to the tune played by the system itself.
    I think the like and dislike are reflections of the state’s of consciousness of the individuals.
    Even the most watered down versions of spiritual enlightenment education first call to our lower selves/Ego’s.
    Promises of immortality and even God like results are quite tempting.. and they do make us LISTEN. Do they not?

These methods were utilized throughout Tension as well.
    I see these parealels everywhere thought ancient texts, mystery schools, Gnostic teachings and right through to modern teachings.
    You must embrace your shadow to fully understand it. As progression takes place we realize these thoughts no longer serve us.

I’ll leave this little clip of text here for anyone who cares to read.

from the 2012 event gives us two periods of seven years of grace to repent and flee from the wrath to come. By 2026-27 we will be in the final end game known as the tribulation.

This is exactly what it will be to humanity – a revelation of a hard truth.

And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll : and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Isa 34:4

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Rev 6:14

This “knowledge of good and evil” is in essence what is called auto-soterism or ‘self salvation’. This is why the vain woman was approached first by the nachash who ‘hissed’ or charmed her through the weakness of her vanity and whispered a magic spell that enchanted her by it’s prophetic yet false promise of godhood, knowing that the only way he, the serpent, could reach the man, who was the god ordained authority, was through that fleshly part of him, which was the part of him that was weaker and more beautiful, and therefore vain and more easily approached.

The kernel of auto-soterism is the ‘Gnosis’ or knowledge of good and evil, to save yourself through your own effort, and “become like god” as the nachash had lied when he spoke it. This idea of self salvation or becoming like god or gods as it is told, is vanity, for if that was possible then the prime creator of Yah Elohim had no need to send the savior Yahushua Ha Massiach.

We know from Yahushua’s statements and those supporting statements by his talmidm that man was made a little lower than the angels, and would one day be lifted up higher in spiritual consciousness than the angels, to the level of Yah Elohim, becoming a new creation, and that the angels would one day serve that new creation.

This was known by the seraphic serpents (fallen angels) who tempted Adom and Chavah (Adam and Eve) and was the prime reason for their rebellion, the subsequent temptation and eventual fall into a lower state of consciousness. This self salvation doctrine in it’s many forms and mutations throughout the ages is the heart of the Illuminated Doctrine of Lucifer, and satisfies the vanity of mens’ hearts to be like god through their own efforts.

The deviousness of this is evident to the truly enlightened mind, one enlightened by the set apart spirit of Yah Elohim, and not the spirit of this world, for it is evident to that truly enlightened mind that the path of self salvation ends only in eternal death, the very diabolical purpose of it!

That which prevents the mind of the other path, the “wide path that leads to destruction” is the pride of men’s hearts, the very same pride that caused the fall of the rebellious angels. This is the very reason why Yahushua said, “Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar