6/28 Phone Call from Joyce

This topic has 101 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

So this was interesting.

Got a No Caller ID call. It’s presumably Joyce. She asks if I recieved her message. I tell her no and then she barks out a laugh and hangs up.

So I’m annoyed now as I don’t have any new Voice mails and this is probably a prank call.

And I’ve had enough of prank calls.

So I post in slack that some asshole is pranking me.

Then I get another call telling me to check my voice mail by Joyce.

Okay that’s weird… but still not convinced as I don’t have a new voice mail.

Then the third call comes.

ME: “Hello”
      J: Oh Buz if we keep speaking like this someone is going to get the wrong impression of us.
      ME: Oh now we wouldn’t want that would we Joyce. Gotta tell you though I don’t have any messages from you. So if you have something to say best do it now.”

Now there’s a lot coming up here and I’m pulling from memory so forgive me if I’m paraphrasing.

J: “I can see why they like you, Buz. You’re a rebel rouser, you like to stamp your feet and pound your fists against the wall. I see why you catch their eye.

But as you stumble in the dark breaking trinkets and mirrors and other things looking for a light switch, someone can give you a flash light. And you can either stay in the dark with your nothing burgers, or you can turn the flash light on.

If you want to get out of this, Buz you have to let me help you. I can just as easily turn off the light as you search for your nothing burgers. Or you can accept my help.”

So… perhaps I am off base then when I said she’s leading us on a wild goose chase. Back to checking out those letters.

Chris
      Participant

She said flashlight twice. Did any of the letter holders try that yet? Like a watermark on a 100? At any rate, I’m still not convinced. I know she WANTS to position herself as the only light available to you/us, but I’m skeptical. Someone offering you a way out of the darkness may seem like a savior, but if she’s also responsible for the dark…

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Ruffling feathers as promised. Joyce always tells it like it is.

(@macbethinabathtub: Not sure about @kevin and @wanda102, but I saw nothing with my letter when putting a flashlight to it or examining it for any kind of invisible ink or other stuff.)

Megan
      Participant

YES – take your letters, get a flashlight, turn off the lights!!!

Cristen
      Participant

Swooning right now. SWOONING.

Blondie
      Participant

Just woke up to this (fell asleep on the sofa, oops) AND I am a million miles behind in what’s going on, but… Joyce does sound like she’s actually trying to help and nudging us in the right direction. I remember someone saying they tried a black light on their letter (@wanda102 maybe?) and didn’t find anything. But looking at the pictures, I always thought there was something odd about the paper they were printed on… Off to bed now.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@thebuz The nothing burgers reference literally has me laughing so hard. @joycecarlberg girl I see you and I’m listening ?? Now there is $100 attached to that fishing wire ?

So back to wok we go!

Brian E
      Participant

Damn, that’s a crazy way to end your night @thebuz It’s sounds to me like something is still missing maybe there’s a hidden message within the paper itself. Or it’s entirely possible Joyce just likes to fuck with us an community to see how we will react.

Here’s a few techniques, I think it’s def possible that holding up a candle to the paper, trying a back light.

Kevin
      Participant

I’m not home right now, but I’ll try some different tactics with my letter when I am. I did try holding it up to a bright light earlier and didn’t notice a water mark.

As @bcbishop has pointed out, @joycecarlberg is straight forward. She may be a bit vague at times, but even last night when I asked about her associates, she straight up told me it wasn’t time for that yet.

With the letters, we may need to consider the possibility that there’s something important in the actual content that we haven’t quite figured out.

Chris
      Participant

Then maybe it’s possible we don’t have all the pieces yet? We have the letters, her script, now the call. Maybe she’s building towards Friday and it’s just not possible to see how the pieces fit yet. Either way it feels like we need to look at all of these things together.

Maranda
      Participant

Has anyone tried looking for codes or secret messages in the content? We’ve already brought up the footer, the iConfidant codes, the “CA chapter” reference, the paper, the envelope, the seal…what else is there?

Jackie
      Participant

What about like a uvlight or black light?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Yeah, 100% check those letters out with flashlights and UV light. This call def points to us missing something with these.

We need some goddamn light in here!

Lia
      Participant

I really don’t think that there’s something hidden in the physical paper. Not to underestimate them, but we’re pretty good at picking up on physical clues.

She could have reached out to anyone but she picked Buz and referenced his earlier dig. I think we need to keep reading between the lines.

Cristen
      Participant

Spinning wheels here: Should we be asking who it was answered these questions? Joyce told us she’d have answers sent “from the top.” Who’s up there?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants I’m with you on this. I think many people are assuming that things will play out in the same way/pattern/routine as they have before, but I think that is actually putting us at a disadvantage and is clouding our sight from what @joycecarlberg keeps saying: ITS RIGHT IN PLAIN SIGHT. Like @bryan keeps saying, she is straight forward for a reason. She knows we overthink and overanalyze everything, so of course she is going to hand us the answers and watch us blindly dance around them. They have pointed to “the bigger picture” and she has even come out and said we won’t see what is in front of us, so what in the hell are we overlooking!?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Butcher the acronym all you want, but all my mind sees when I look at HDCI is a sign off from @joycecarlberg…HBIC.

Megan
      Participant

In case you’re not on the slack, here’s a handy google doc with the text in a more workable format. The line breaks are consistent in case that matters:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2jJoERasxF9VvFjc6hd4hY7eFzO61IbOtBTW0VUtvE/edit?usp=sharing

Chris
      Participant

@wanda102, my guess is still Horace. Not saying there isn’t someone still more powerful than him left unseen, but if we have confirmation that all these entities are under the umbrella of OSDM, Horace is our guy. There’s a reason why they keep calling Noah the Prince: his dad is a King.

superstar
      Participant

Wild-ass theory time.

Is it possible that what Joyce is trying to tell us is that we are actually/already part of HCDI? Most of their stated function/purpose sounds exactly like a description of what we do.

“This department takes all of the knowledge that has been gathered thus far and implements the information in ways that are most effective to everyone.” Translation: we share whatever we know here and on the forums for the enlightenment of the whole community.

“Departmental goals also include community outreach and customer service.” Translation: we organize meetups and our amazing mods keep us all in line and organized.

“HCDI employees can act as representatives and community liaisons that bridge the gap between the Investors, which may be thought of as a board of directors that are bonded through various lineages and the Participants.” Exactly what @wanda102, @kevin, and @bcbishop did last night.

“All HCDI employees are unique but they are chosen for their wide set of skills across many fields.” Yup, we’re a broadly skill-setted bunch, all right.

Thoughts?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Holy shit @superstar…. that works really, really well. I like it a lot!

superstar
      Participant

Thanks, @nothenrygale! 🙂

Maranda
      Participant

@superstar some questions (in no particular order) for your theory:
      1) If we’re not the participants, then who are? I mean, it says “participant” under our profiles when we post to the forums.
      2) How can we be employees of an org we’d never heard of until Joyce posted? We’re also not employees in the “exchange labor for pay” sense.
      3) Sure, we may gather info here on the boards, but I wouldn’t call that “implementing.”

superstar
      Participant

@izryn Good questions! To answer just off the top of my head:
      1) We’re still participants. But, we’re also part of HCDI. Perhaps Joyce and the rest of HCDI are also participants, in some way.
      2) There are many ways to be compensated. Perhaps in this case, our compensation is the experience/their investment in us.
      3) I definitely think we implement the info we have. There’s quite a bit of collective strategizing going on in this community.

superstar
      Participant

This LUST quote just popped back to the front of my mind: “You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself”.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I dig this theory @superstar, but I suspect the truth may be even simpler.

We are, as we have always been, The Participants. Up until now, we’ve been mostly moderating ourselves (thanks to @thebuz and @thegilded) with occasional input from TPTB.

Only problem is: the data the OSDM has been collecting has been tainted. And after The Red Room Girl posted, our mods noted that the response they had received from TPTB was different than anything they had heard before. (Something about even them having bosses, iirc.)

My theory: due to the bad data caused by the uprisings and alternate reality game interference, the customer service / consumer reach-out department for OSDM was called in: the HCDI.

And while Joyce may be pumping us for info on the side, her goal is to ALSO make sure the EI data gets back on track. That means getting everybody here to stop chasing red herrings so our data’s not compromised. (That’s what the flashlight and fumbling in the dark references are all about.) Getting Buz, a mod here, on #TeamJoyce will help move that along.

Which you should do @thebuz, because Joyce is the best.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Have the three of you (@wanda102, @kevin & @bcbishop) tried putting all three of your letters together?

Together we are one after all.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I couldn’t help but notice that the “letter head” lust logo at the top is off center, but it appears to be the same amount of off center on all 3.

Sage
      Participant

I keep going back to the Lust Logo for some reason. Could that be what’s in plain sight? It’s been here all along in front of us everyday when we open our computers?

Jackie
      Participant

I think what’s hard about this is we don’t know what solutions were looking for. We don’t have any gap to fill (that we can see). Like in escape rooms, you know you hAve unopened locks, and some locks require numbers, letters, keys or directions.
      Here we don’t know what we’re unlocking, so we don’t even phantom the solution. There are too many keys to imagine.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.
       JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

Oh my goodness! I think it’s high time we take this horse behind the stable and put it out of its misery don’t you?

The key to the grand puzzle is that you must take all three pieces of paper, ingest them, wait exactly one hour and then drive to your nearest emergency room and complain of an ailment where they will eventually give you an ultrasound. Once they do, sneak a good peak at their monitor and you will see the message:

“Joyce Carl(s)berg does not deal in puzzles, riddles or any other monkey businness of this sort!”

If I want to tell you something, I tell you. The questions where asked and answered in a way that made my people very nervous. You have proven my hypothesis that their anxieties were completely unfounded as you would not and did not see the broad forest from the trees. (Besides ice cream, idioms and metaphors are some of my only crutches in life.)

I partially take responsibility for the fact that American worker bees repeatedly try to stick an “S” in my name when not paying attention. You can work fast and you can work correctly but rarely both at the same time.

Now if you’ll excuse me I must plan another upcoming event where you are all put into a rented loft space and forced to fill in questions about who and what you are.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Alright, fine. I’m late to the Joyce train but I’m finally on board.

Cristen
      Participant

Bless you, Carlsberg.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

God damnit @joycecarlberg. Hate to love her. Love to hate her.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

@joycecarlberg is such a Basic.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@joycecarlberg So…

Did you just do that to me to see what I would do? What exactly did you learn?

Quit jerking me off here, Joyce. You want to have me get something done, all you need to do is ask. I can be quite civilized when treated with the same modicum of respect.

Sage
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, so you’re saying we’re dumb? And you have no need to worry about us. Glad you went through all of that to come to that conclusion!

Adina Cohen
      Participant

@joycecarlberg your really funny. XD

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

@thebuz

Okay, deep breath, here we are then.

Yes, I personally reached out to your terrible cell service in the middle of cowboy town during my busy night no less than three times for mere grins and giggles. Please see previous message.

I swear if it is not presented with the vulgarity of a sledge hammer between the eyes it seems lost completely. Jerk off, dick off, jack off, fight off, choke off. Raw raw raw! Wonderful.

The thing is Buz, I actually fancy your blustering and scrappy attitude. I do.

But as far as your question, the only thing I am trying to do with my hand is to simply hold yours, ask you to breathe, calm down and put on your big boy knickers.

You have a reputation for, well, you have a reputation. I want to make sure that if the inevitable happens and our critics come calling you know exactly where your loyalties should lie. I shall scratch your little back and you may, well, I would rather not be touched but perhaps you can finally understand that I mean business and that I get what I want, when I want it. Always. I hope that, for your own sake, you will remember this rather than your usual bucking up and against authority.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by JoyceCarlberg.
         Brian E
        Participant

It’s been said by @bryan, @kevin and @wanda102 that Joyce was a hugger, and it stood out to them when they met her I recall.

In Joyce’s last message ” I shall scratch your little back and you may, well, I would rather not be touched but perhaps you can finally understand that I mean business and that I get what I want, when I want it.”

It just stands out to me as an odd statement based on her personal interactions.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

They like to get you in a compromising position
      They like to get you there and smile in your face
      They think, they’re so cute when they got you in that condition
      Well I think, it’s a total disgrace

I fight authority, authority always wins
      I been doing it, since I was a young kid
      I’ve come out grinnin’

Lia
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, where do we draw the line between “winding the clock” and wasting our time then? If we immediately understood everything, we probably wouldn’t be here at all. Which also means you would be out of a job. No season 2 for TSJ.

And I’m glad the questions we asked made them nervous. That means we’re asking the right questions. Your answers were spun beautifully, but very safe. I can feel their anxiety woven through every sentence. We get closer and closer to the answers every day.

I look forward to tomorrow and the wild goose chase that you will inevitably send us on.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Lia.
       superstar
      Participant

@mistere Yes! I also thought that was odd.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

So @joycecarlberg now wants to hold our hands yet doesn’t want to be touched. These mixed signals are seriously going to affect my emotional state. I, too, am glad that our questions have them nervous. It’s always exciting to increase someone’s heart rate, right Joyce? 😉

Sage
      Participant

“critics come calling…” Who could that be?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@joycecarlberg

You seemed to be under some sort of assumption that I am flying off the handle. I am not. I, like you, am simply trying to figure the other out. I think you think you have me figured but rest assured there are plenty of surprises left.

Let’s stop and think for just a moment about you and me. Your higher ups have obviously gave you a few 411’s on myself and past…bucking of authority.

Now do you know that all of that ultra violence went down because it made for a good story? That’s it. They had me off a guy because it organically fit within a narrative they wanted to push.

So now we’ve come to part two, and once again I find myself organically at odds with another. Don’t you find it a wee bit suspicious that they planted the seeds about me to you… that you have been encouraged to perhaps unintentionally antagonize? I don’t think it’d be at all beneficial to either of us if suddenly we found ourselves in a new fun narrative for whoever pulls our strings. Honestly, doesn’t that give you slight pause? None of this is meant as threatening… I’m sincerely concerned they are pushing us into a head on collision. I don’t need to be the unstoppable force to your immovable object.

We’re both pawns, Joyce. I welcome your help, and I’d sincerely hope you’d welcome mine.

I come home next week, perhaps we ought to do lunch and have ourselves some Nothing Burgers. Public place.

As for my loyalties, they will forever lie with my friends and this community. For better or for worse.

Cristen
      Participant

I found Joyce to be open and “huggable” as it were because she doesn’t pussyfoot around what she wants, and I respect that. It’s much easier to have a dialogue with someone when you approach it with an open mind.

I was just as thrown by the idea that there were “clues” in the letters as anyone else, since the answers seemed pretty straightforward (if intentionally vague) to me. But Joyce did intimate that we’d do best to flow as our surroundings dictate, and her trolling those who swim against it proves her point. When it behooves them for us to know something, we’ll know it.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

You have proven my hypothesis that their anxieties were completely unfounded as you would not and did not see the broad forest from the trees.

Let’s not use so broad a brush here, @joycecarlberg – not everyone is quite so blind. I think your initial group of number-selectors see things quite clearly.

As for others… well as I’ve said before, people have reason to be wary. So let’s just say you have a very challenging job ahead of you. But of course you already knew that. 🙂

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Interesting possibility with Buz’s comments regarding last year. What if Tension was not only to collect data on us, but a sort of way to manipulate people WITHIN THEIR OWN RANKS regarding their perceptions of us. If they’re as good at controlling our emotions and responses as they claim, they could put us through situations to set us up to look a certain way to those tasked to deal with us.

I don’t see why this would be part of their plan, but it does seem odd that we’d be essentially in a similar situation to one that was set up last year regarding @thebuz.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@nothenrygale That would make perfect sense. “We know you now, and we know how to use you.” Same idea as career networking. Keep different types of people in your metaphorical rolodex and call them up when you need a role filled.

Kevin
      Participant

Going to try to run down the letters and see if that gets us any where with this.

The main point of the letters @wanda102 and I received seems to be about generating more energy through our actions. Whether that’s putting energy into the forums/Slack or thinking on the phrase, “I pledge my desire for their sacrifice and freedom.” Joyce mentioned that we’re food to them, which, I think just means they need to feast on the energy we create for them. Yes, they need our energy, but they need us to willingly give it to them. Going back to the iConfidant program, everyone gave over some kind of thoughts, information, desires, etc… All of that was used to, in a sense, feed Sabrina. Last year, she was given the power to manipulate people and her emotions and it made her feel powerful. She wanted it again this year and mainlined (I’m not even sure how many) people’s feelings and energy straight through the iConfidant program.

Maybe that’s what this is all about, they need our belief and energy in them so they can keep functioning. They do need us more than we need them, but we also crave what they can give us. They’ll feed off of us and call us flies, but we offer them the fuel they need to keep going and creating and experimenting. It lets them feel that power and then send us into “uncontrollable euphoria” or reckon with the “pain of [our] mistakes and wrongdoings”, or for some, no feeling at all and just “another tick of the second hand”. When all that energy is built up, they’re able to offer us a climax and catharsis, the clock winds down, and then we have to devote more energy to wind it again for their next test.

I think this mostly fits with Joyce’s straight forward personality. These answers were vague, but also kind of right there. As she said, we got lost in the trees instead of looking at the broad picture.

Any of that on the right track @joycecarlberg?

Sean

I’d argue that sometimes it’s a bit hard to see the forest from the trees when numerous entities keep telling us that the secret forest is A: bigger than we can imagine B: essentially unknowable and C: going to kill/sacrifice/bad things/murder us no matter what we do.

A bit like putting someone in the dark room with a poisonous gas leak and then laughing at them when their first priority is to find the light switch.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

The inconsistencies of @joycecarlberg in person vs Joyce online are becoming more clear. The slip of the tongue and the contradicting statements are making this all the more interesting. I am always one to be a skeptic of someone no matter what, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it, but I will say, I get burned a lot less in life with this mentality. If you prepare yourself for the unthinkable, then you will never be shocked or have the rug pulled out from under you. With that being said, trust is something that is very fragile and valuable and can often be handed over too soon. I give someone my full trust upon first interactions, as they have not given me any reason to think otherwise, but the moment they start flip flopping their words and going back and forth with what they are saying, the hair starts to stand up and the red flags start to wave. I trust, but always with a cautious eye.

superstar
      Participant

All of what you just said, @shankfx22

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@shankfx22 Exactly. Just summed up my feeling with all of this in words better than I could come up with. It’s why I dropped iConfidant frankly. Red flags started going up, and I couldn’t bring myself to keep pretending everything was fine. You gotta be aware of your surroundings or else you get burned.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

You can still wander down the weary road, knowing that something will probably come out to bite you, but what puts you at an advantage is you already have prepared yourself mentally and have equipped yourself with a machete 😉

Cristen
      Participant

Skepticism is good, it keeps you alive. But this isn’t about picking apart words or actions. It’s more literal. Wind the clock. Be present. Interact and spread the word. Tell your friends! Joyce is here to bridge the gap between us, the wider community, and Lust itself. How can we help?

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

I don’t know what inconsistencies you could possibly be speaking of @shankfx22. Perhaps I may hug those who would enjoy a deep, long hug that is held for a moment or two and perhaps I tease my touch for those that would enjoy that just as much, but I just wanted to let you, @shankfx22, personally know that I am so glad that you shared this as I feel exactly the same way as you do. It’s surprising to find an ally who understands just just how I work and feel. Finally someone that, “get’s it”. Thank you! Our mutual understanding will be a cherished thing going forward.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Careful @shankfx22

Blondie
      Participant

I am loving *everything* about this thread right now…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@thebuz made a good point regarding this all in the Slack. @joycecarlberg is gaslighting us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

JOYCE! Oh @joycecarlberg… I’m starting to really like reciting your name, A LOT. I am so happy that I hit the nail on the head, and that you are appreciative of my ability to figure you out. We seem to speak the same language, not one that many can keep up on, and for that I cheers to you. Here’s to being allies and continuing our mutual understanding for many moons

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

That’s exactly my point @nothenrygale. Don’t believe the distraction @joycecarlberg is presenting us with. She’s not a puzzle to solve. She’s essentially being Navi as you’re trying to solve the puzzle.

Megan
      Participant

@joycecarlberg – well, hooray for overthinking. I just arrived in Los Angeles, am here for the weekend for a wedding and returning again next week for fun & possibly to set up some future collaborations. I’d also love to meet if you’re available.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@julierei I swear, every time I get that little voice out of my head someone like you needs to put it right back in there.

If she ever tells me to “listen” I’m going to pull a Buz.

Stupid annoying bug thing

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

It seems feelings about our new friend @joycecarlberg break down into two different buckets:

1: She’s straightforward and telling it like it is.

2: She’s lying and inconsistent and will somehow betray us.

The paranoia is justified, and we’ve all been manipulated before. But let’s look at what we actually know about Joyce.

-She showed up with HCDI, a community outreach wing of OSDM.

-She’s part of an effort to combat corrupted data (much of which is caused by confusion from different “alternate reality games”).

-She’s asked us through her letters to, as @wanda102 points out, “wind the clock” by writing down, thinking about, and talking about our pledge. (Essentially, to spread the word.)

-She wants Buz, as a moderator (and dare I say “influencer”) of this community to get on board.

-She promises that she will help us understand everything better if we stick with her.

Now, let’s think about what would be motivating Joyce as a member of HCDI:

1. She works for a division of OSDM.
      2. They want our data, as pure as it can be.
      3. The Lust Experience is how they’re collecting that data.

Therefore, Joyce is here to make sure we’re as intensely and intimately involved with The Lust Experience as we can be, so her bosses get what they want.

(And if she can encourage us to spread the word, and discover more about the rabble rousers — that’s just gravy.)

That’s what I mean when I keep saying she’s being straightforward. She is trying to bring us DEEPER into this Experience because that’s her job. And, lest we forget, she’s also the most active, engaging person we’ve met thus far – somebody that is talking to ALL of us, in real time, in the most public way possible. Not even Otis Fletcher did that.

In that sense, everyone pushing back against @joycecarlberg is essentially pushing back against being immersed in The Lust Experience.

Paranoia is good. Being wary is good. But if we accept that the OSDM is real (and I do), and we accept that they are behind The Lust Experience, then her motivations are crystal clear. We may not agree with them, but we don’t need to twist ourselves into pretzels to avoid seeing them, either.

superstar
      Participant

Who’s the British PR chick
      Who’s a hug machine and likes mint-chip? (JOYCE!)
      You’re damn right

Who’s the woman that would risk her neck for HCDI, man? (JOYCE!)
      Can ya dig it?

Who’s the cat that won’t cop out when there’s danger all about? (JOYCE!)
      Right on
      You see this cat Joyce is a bad mother-… (Shut your mouth!)
      But I’m talkin’ about JOYCE (Then we can dig it)
      She’s a complicated woman and no one understands her… no, really, absolutely NO ONE understands her! (JOYCE CARLBERG!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@superstar Welp, that’s going to be in my head all day. (You’re daaaaamn right.)

superstar
      Participant

happy to help, @kipsie 😉

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@bcbishop I don’t know man, I get such strong “fool me once, shame on you” vibes from @joycecarlberg. I’d love to believe she really is just trying to help us out. But gut intuition keeps telling me to not trust her. People who are lying out their ass can do so in a way that seems straightforward. For me to believe her would take PROOF. Words only go so far, actions can be the tipping point in swaying support.

Blondie
      Participant

I have to say that, what with recent work commitments and how I felt at the end of “Chapter 1” with Sabrina, I was feeling a bit lost. If @joycecarlberg’s job is to draw us in deeper, she’s certainly been successful as far as I’m concerned. Consider me engaged.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bryan All of your points are not being overlooked and are being considered very carefully. I am all about being open minded and I would never want to sway someone away from what is best for them or for the community. With that being said, let’s not confuse paranoia with caution. @joycecarlberg may prove to be everything you are saying, but she also may turn into someone a little more sinister with motives you aren’t seeing (which very well could be in plain sight). I’m happy to ride this out and submerge in The Experience, but just so she knows, I too am “always watching”.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I’d love to believe she really is just trying to help us out.

That’s the important distinction, though @nothenrygale; she’s not here to help us. She’s here to help her bosses. It’s just that us becoming more engaged with LUST — which is something we all want — is how that happens.

Kevin
      Participant

People who are lying out their ass can do so in a way that seems straightforward. For me to believe her would take PROOF. Words only go so far, actions can be the tipping point in swaying support.

In our initial phone calls, @joycecarlberg told us we could ask her any question we wanted and she would give us an answer. She then proceeded to answer the questions that we posed to her. The answers may have been kind of vague, but as she said we may not have been seeing the forest for the trees.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Kevin.
       superstar
      Participant

Yeah, except @bcbishop, didn’t she first present herself by saying “help me help you“?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Yeah, except @bcbishop, didn’t she first present herself by saying “help me help you“?

Yes! And us falling deeper into The Lust Experience is exactly that. (Ultimately don’t we all want to be more engaged, active, immersed, and invested?)

Chloe
      Participant

I don’t really think it’s that weird to want to hug sometimes and not others, I’m the same way. I’ll meet with some people that want a hug and I just don’t want to be touched at the time, and I’ll meet others and love having a hug. It just depends on the time or situation or the person sometimes.

Personally, I have to agree with the people in the “I like Joyce” bucket. She doesn’t beat around the bush and answers plainly (even if it’s sometimes the whole thing of answering yet not answering). I feel like I could level with her and she would answer with no BS.

Although, I felt about the same way about my iConfidant, soooo….we’ll see.

Cristen
      Participant

Precisely @bcbishop. So many of us wanted to engage with the Experience for ourselves. That’s what we came here for, no? Face value. She’s already giving us exactly what we want.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I think part of the issue I’m having believing her is since @joycecarlberg came on the scene, it’s been radio silence from everyone else. No rogue messages from Noah, no warnings from Stacey, it’s been radio silence. Right now all of our information is being funneled through one source. A source we know nothing about. We have no reason to trust or distrust her. Maybe that’s why we’re split, those who generally are trusting might be accepting her words as truth, and those of us whom are way less trusting are seeing reasons to not trust her. All of this that’s happened has given us no evidence whether she can be trusted, and as such that divide continues to widen.

Which leaves me to wonder, what’s going on in this forest? Why have all the birds stopped chirping? Why has all the wildlife gone into hiding?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       superstar
      Participant

Ok, wild speculation… if we as individuals are “trees”, and the community is the “forest”, then maybe the clock won’t wind until every…single…one (THE ONE) of us is vocally 100% on board with Joyce and agrees to trust and follow her, whatever that may bring.

That may account for the silence we’ve experienced. They’re waiting for us to communally commit.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by superstar.
       Sage
      Participant

I agree with @bcbishop, there’s a difference between being cautious and wary and asking questions and actively refusing to participate because you think the characters are untrustworthy. That’s just refusing to play.

Joyce is a hoot and personally I think her wishy washy ways are very much like many people I meet in life. Even the fact that she is a horrible community outreach person, is quite endearing.

I may not trust her, but I certainly want to know her.

superstar
      Participant

That said… OK, @joycecarlberg. If you’ll have me, I’m in. I’ll even bring ice cream.

(I can frantically spoon it on top of the ensuing flames of my imminent demise.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by superstar.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop

-She wants Buz, as a moderator (and dare I say “influencer”) of this community to get on board…

…In that sense, everyone pushing back against @joycecarlberg is essentially pushing back against being immersed in The Lust Experience.

I take great umbrage with this statement. I pushed back initially with her because of how much she reminded me of the same old same old Consultants that the OSDM keeps hiring. But she proved to be a little more than what met the eye.

That being said, she is dangling interaction in front of me, and attempting to manipulate me into submitting to whatever loyalty she demands (or her higher ups do).

There have been a lot of people to have come and gone and those of us pushing back against her have been consistently on board with TLE from the get go and strong advocates here and else where (social media).

To say our… hesitation… with her is us pushing back against TLE conflates feelings of mistrust and feelings of disengagement.

I can assure you I am 100% engaged. But at the end of the day, she holds no power here. We do.

Sage
      Participant

@thebuz, agreed. That was not a cool statement by @bcbishop about “pushing back against Joyce is pushing back against being immersed”. Pushing back is part of interacting and engaging, in my opinion!! And in that sense, blind devotion and ass kissing is also part of interacting and engaging. They are both forms of participation. It’s only when people are refusing to participate at all that is becomes a problem, I hope.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I mean hell, even when I “opted out” of iConfidant I hosted a small party of other participants who weren’t going so we could all watch the live stream together, posted on various social media about the iConfidant event, and by opting out I allowed someone to go to the event in person that otherwise may not have been able to. I want this clock to be wound just as much as the next person.

I just can’t get along with the investors.

Lia
      Participant

Hey @joycecarlberg, it’s going to be 80 degrees on Saturday. How about we skip the battle royale and throw an ice cream social instead? @superstar, wanna go halfsies on the goods?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Lia.
       superstar
      Participant

OMG! @lilmsfancpants I am all over that!!! Ice cream and chocolate Hob Nobs for all!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bryan Just because I am not quick to jump on board the @joycecarlberg boat, doesn’t mean that I am not engaging in The Experience. In fact, isn’t this all about creating your own path and story, based on you as a person and what appeals to your desires, morals, etc.? Collectively we do a pretty good job with agreeing on things and gaining enlightenment, but the roads can fork and still be going in the same direction. Alas, I proceed in my experience engaged, yet cautious.

Cristen
      Participant

Just to highlight the obvious for a moment:
      We can’t see the forest for the trees.
      Remember way back in Chapter One when it was all about pulling back and seeing the bigger picture?

We are part of an Experience run by the OSDM. This was revealed to us back at iConfidant meet ups. Their currency is data. We are providing that currency through emotional reaction and immersing ourselves in what is presented to us. Joyce is a liaison between us and the Investors that are monitoring this Experience. That’s it. That’s the whole picture. Or at least, that’s the whole of what we’ve seen so far.

That’s why we aren’t seeing cropped photos anymore: we are already inside the full scene.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@superstar “chocolate Hob Nobs”

So, to be clear, are you saying you could eat a nob at night?

superstar
      Participant

oh, @larry… I just… I don’t think I should even touch this one (“That’s what SHE said!!”). 🙂

Chris
      Participant

Joyce is also the representative of just one point of view. While it’s the point of view of the vast majority of people in this world that we’ve come across, it is not the ONLY point of you. People in power will always have detractors, especially if those people are smug and try to sell themselves as the only option. Stacey showed us there is another way. I believe Noah tried to as well, at one point. We still don’t know where Sarah is. We don’t know if Otis is happy and in control of himself. Whatever The Lust Experience is, a large portion of it has been seeing the OSDM make plans and then seeing those plans change. Conflict. Adaptation. Rebellion. I do not trust @joycecarlberg. I am not gelling with her personally. And that’s OK, because being active and “playing” are not about agreeing with Joyce. They’re about having an actionable opinion about Joyce and demonstrating that to others. All parties are valid as long as they are heard from.

Brian E
      Participant

@joycecarlberg is a breath of fresh air, whomever you are working for, whatever your long term endgame really is, you gathered all of us together in a slack, it was a brilliant long term strategy, no matter what happens with it going forward, and it’s been a valuable resource to gain insight,share theories and connect with everyone at once.

Alright so this is something that sticks out to me, and it’s been suggested to bring it to the forums from the slack. Long ago (April 5) I was emailing with Sarah Sinclair, and I was sending video messages to the thenoahsystem@gmail.com email address.

This was one of the responses:
      Brian, we have seen your videos. You are a serious young man and we appreciate your fortitude. Thank you for your well wishes, you are certainly top of mind.

– Sarah

I’ve never seen the phrase top of mind, it just stuck out to me that in Cristen’s letter from the meet up with Joyce the same wording is used.

Is it possible that through the noahsystem email address we were always communicating with Joyce?
      Anyone else see any familar phrasing from your noahsystem interactions, and Joyce’s?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Good Lord! Catching up here, half hungover from an epic night…

There’s a strange dualism to Joyce that I find fascinating. It almost feels like we are carrying on a conversation with Joyce/Shadow Joyce.

I do appreciate how active and responsive she’s been. No one we have encountered has taken in interest in us quite like her. I just wish I knew what she wanted besides our activity.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@kasch

I do appreciate how active and responsive she’s been. No one we have encountered has taken in interest in us quite like her. I just wish I knew what she wanted besides our activity.

LIES! Sam Bickerson cared about us goddammit. All he wanted to do was give us spooky skeletons. #2spooky4me. #RIP

David Shields
      Participant

Random thought, I was that Joyce said “nothing burgers”
      Was that a paraphrase @thebuz, because that has been in a the news in the resent days so…
      could be relevant or just my bran laching on to stuff, let me know?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@parzival I used it first quoting the Project Veritas video in relation to their being something hidden in the letters (which was a correct assumption there wasn’t a hidden message… so it was a nothing burger).

She used it again to me on the phone.

It’s a catchy buzz word.

David Shields
      Participant

Ah, ok. Just saw something that looked out of place and thought I would ask. So it was just a current reference.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

According to the interwebs, “nothingburger” means:

something lame, dead-end, a dud, insignificant; especially something with high expectations that turns out to be average, pathetic, or overhyped.

So used in the proper context, “White Helix turned out to be a nothingburger.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Back in my day, we called our nothingburgers “vaporware”… and liked it! *shakes cane*

Lukas L
      Participant

Ok I’m onboard as well @joycecarlberg but if there is going to be a ice cream social… periscope please!!!

Jackie
      Participant

1) yes #teamIceCreamSocial

2)It probably is nothing. But I just plucked the first letters from the paragraphs of the letters.
      Just looking over the letters again, thinking about hiding in plain sight, made me think of the old tension puzzle with the Eye chart, where it was literally laid out.
      Cristens letter:
      A W W W S
      Kevins letter:
      W “T A W W
      Bryans letter:
      H T H H
      A lot of W’s made me think of a website/address maybe, but this seems like eh, nothing. Just another stab at it.

Viewing 100 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar