6/27 – Meetings with Joyce

This topic has 77 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Kevin
      Participant

So as was mentioned before, Joyce messaged @wanda102 and I to push our meetings back by half an hour and then Bryan’s back a bit further. Cristen got a call from Joyce sending her to The Front Yard and I got the same call a minute later.

I got there a few minutes before Cristen and sat down with Joyce after she gave me an extremely long hug. We made some small talk, she said she spent the day eating too much ice cream (mint chocolate chip is her favorite flavor). Cristen got there and we made some more small talk, Joyce talked about a show where “grown ass men” build tree houses with a bit of disdain.

She handed Cristen and I each an envelope and told us to open it when we got home. A little bit more small talk; she asked Cristen about her necklace and told me she liked my shirt. Then she got down to business and asked us a handful of questions (I think most were covered in both Periscopes, but I’ll try to recount them as best I can).

Joyce asked (not in this order):
      Have you heard from Noah Sinclair?
      Have you heard from Stacey?
      Have you seen Stacey?
      Do you know of anyone trying to imitate the Lust Experience and it’s tactics?
      Do you know of anyone trying to harm the Lust Experience or its associates? (I asked who those associates were but she declined to answer)

Our answers were basically “no” to everything except that we had seen Stacey a few weeks prior and that she had tried to harm the boards last week.

Once she was done with the questions she took a loooooong drink of water, stood up and hugged us both, then told us we needed to leave right now.

Cristen’s Periscope is here.

Here are the letters we got.

Mine:
      clock winding

Cristen’s:
      pledge

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Kevin.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Sean. Reason: Bolded link for easier viewing
       Sean

Can you take a more clear picture of the text in the bottom right, please?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

The strangest thing in all of this is the fact that you were met in person for a discussion and had questions answered, and yet absolutely no information was given whatsoever.
      The entire event and all of the responses were simply non-answers.
      You get what you put in? Is that the overall vibe?
      The only thing we learned here tonight is that Joyce is a hugger (which, I want to say I’m shocked but I’m a pretty rough bitch and even I’m a hugger) and the fact that we have confirmation that HDCI is in fact OSDM.

I do have to compliment their answering without answering skills. That’s some impressive public relations skills right there.

Lauren Bello

Did it seem like her quirks and personality were affected or shoehorned in for her own purposes/to seem relatable, or did she seem genuine?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

yet absolutely no information was given whatsoever.

That’s so Joyce.

Maranda
      Participant

This whole meeting smells like a PR stunt, from the fact that any of the candidates could have been chosen via the guess-a-number game, to the run-around answers you were given. I guess that’s to be expected given the information we got from Bryan’s periscope, HDCI is basically OSDM’s PR wing.

What strikes me, though, is why Joyce would be asking those questions. She knows perfectly well that if we hear anything from anybody, that stuff goes straight to the forums.

Shaun
      Participant

Wound clock climax = uncontrollable euphoria and perfection!

Lia
      Participant

I don’t remember what the envelopes looked like at the Red Door jacking, but the ones @wanda102 and @kevin held up in the periscope are DEFINITELY the same as the one that fell out of Sarah Sinclair’s briefcase at the OC meetup. When we were examining it that night, the wax was too cracked to decipher the OOA logo on the broken seal, but it was definitely that. “Sarah” was even written on the front of the card in that same silver pen. (@theladyj, back me up on this with a pic?)
      Could this mean we saw Joyce’s stationary and PR handywork all the way back then?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Lia.
       Cristen
      Participant

Joyce seemed to want to gauge our reactions to her questions rather than the answers themselves. She knew that we’d heard from Stacey in the past week; they’re watching the forum. She wanted to see how we told Her about it.

She asked us yes or no questions mostly. But still, she took lots of notes. This was never about the answers.

Kevin
      Participant

Here are some more images:

Bottom corner of mine:
      kevin corner

Bottom corner of Cristen’s:
      Cristen corner

Sean

Interesting. I thought that Light2Dark was a path that lead nowhere but here we are seeing the same terminology used…

Kevin
      Participant

Also, just realized something. The number on the bottom corner of mine was the number I was given for iConfidant (8945).

@daela
      : She seemed pretty genuine to me and I was shocked by just how friendly she was. She made sure that I was able to order a drink, was a bit annoyed with how long it took to arrive, and asked if it was to my liking when it did. The more conversational parts of the evening felt totally natural, I’m not sure if @wanda102 had a different read on her though. The strangest thing was the long drink of water she took near the end (it was a full, fairly large glass), though she had mentioned she was parched earlier.

@lilmsfancpants
      : Here are the front and back of the letter if you want to compare. The seal on mine was totally illegible, Cristen’s was clearer, I think.

front

back

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So the last paragraph of the answer about the “pledged our desire” answer sounds a lot like reinforcement conditioning. Basically it’s the concept that when inundated with something so much, repeated over and over, it really does stick in your head. Even to the point of it feeling like it came from you rather than an outside source.

Lia
      Participant

@kevin Ohhh, I misunderstood when I was listening to Cristen on the video. I just saw the picture of her letter on Slack. No clue what that seal is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Envelope was the same that the Four Letter was in that @kasch and I found in Griffith Park last year.

I’ve had a long day and need to pass out but my initial thoughts are that @joycecarlberg some how managed to deliver and not deliver at the same time.

But I am impressed she offered this chance to @kevin, @wanda102, and @bcbishop. Perhaps my impression of her was incorrect and she isn’t the postering blithering GK3 knock off she came off as initially.

Looking forward to pouring through her answers tomorrow morning.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

“to wind the clock” means that the energy that you put in this is the energy that drives our plans forward”
      “The clock doesn’t wind, it leaks”

Hmmmmmm

Lauren Bello

@kevin I guess that answers our question about whether or not Joyce had access to iConfidant data.

Maranda
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Could that mean our energy isn’t going where the OSDM/Investors think it’s going, but is being siphoned off somehow? Or perhaps energy is leaving the system faster than we can put it in, essentially creating a net loss? (system in the physics sense, not The System)

Lauren Bello

@meghanmayhem Ahhhh. It’s like what The Red Room Girl said: “You’re losing them faster than you can create hooks to lure them in. You have more leaks in your ranks than a sinking ship.” We’ve been thinking of “leaks” as an activity that one person is up to, but really it means that we’re not winding the clock when we’re venting in a dozen various chats. “The clock doesn’t wind, it leaks” = our energy is being diffused elsewhere when it should be concentrated.

Kevin
      Participant

I’ve had a long day and need to pass out but my initial thoughts are that @joycecarlberg some how managed to deliver and not deliver at the same time.
      But I am impressed she offered this chance to @kevin, @wanda102, and @bcbishop. Perhaps my impression of her was incorrect and she isn’t the postering blithering GK3 knock off she came off as initially.

Totally agree with both of these points. I haven’t had a real chance to dig into the letters yet, but I’m thinking there’s more to get out of them as we unpack them.

Joyce admitted as much that she was posturing at some point during our conversation with her. I can’t remember exactly what her reasoning was, but basically as a show of authority. Overall though, I was left with a positive impression of her.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@daela 100% yes. I think that’s exactly what that means.

@lilmsfancpants
      The wax seal from the envelopes tonight appear to be a skull and crossbones. Which, you know, not at all ominous.

Cara
      Participant

Hm, this kind of just feels like a fact finding mission on Joyce’s part. Have we been faithful devotees? Has our emotional data been tainted by external factors? (Or by internal ones?) Are we still a worthwhile investment? Are they?

While you three were all excellent choices to be brought in for questioning as you’re all very actively engaged with the experience and the community (As well as all quite intelligent. No, I’m not hitting on you… YET), it seems odd that she went to all this trouble to essentially just tell you to stay focused. Granted, @bcbishop had a revelatory moment with his Prostitute reunion (Prostitunion?) so maybe this was a clever way to tie it back together with earlier threads. We have been cautioned to consider the bigger picture in the past.

In any case, I picked a fine day to mute my chats…
      https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-12-2015/dAB6gG.gif

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

“That’s so Joyce.” Like a situation comedy catchphrase, delightful!

Why I can almost see it now:

Johnson picks up a newspaper crossword from his messy desk:

“What is the meaning of all of this?!”

Our roguish but oh so charming leading lady squints at her Supervisor’s paper.

“I believe 4 down is copy cat sir.”

She winks at the audience as her supervisor looks at the wrong paper in his hand, slams it on the desk and picks up official letterhead.

“You can’t give them this!”

“Oh I can and I will!”

“You’ll get us both killed or worse! The Clown Prince blackmailed his way out of the fire with less.”

“Trust me sir, plain sight, they will never see it.”

“More of your “flies” and “blueprints” talk Carlberg!?”

“The very same, besides all the while I’ll find out what they know of the uprising!”

“You’ll spill the beans AND root out counter intelligence… why… why… that is…”

Our leading lady smiles as her supervisor begins to shake with rage. He manages to blurt out a warning.

“Don’t you say it Carlberg!”

She says it.

“That’s so Joyce?”

She mugs for camera. Jumps in the air and freeze frame.

Now turn off this channel and go to bed, tomorrow is a new day and there will be more ruffles for your feathers.

Maranda
      Participant

Uprising? I don’t know of any uprising.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Joseph Campbell on sacrifice:

“One of the wonderful things in the Catholic ritual is going to communion. There you’re taught that this is the body and blood of the Saviour, and you take it to you and you turn inward, and there he’s working within you…The one who has died to the flesh and been reborn in the spirit…”

As the letter suggests, we contemplate on the meaning of sacrifice.

“This is an essential experience of any mystical realization; you die to your flesh and are born to your spirit…”

We are food. Let the flesh die because, shall we say, the fire burns away that which is not important.

…”the breakthrough of a metaphysical realization that you and the other are one. And that the separateness is only an effect of the temporal forms of sensibility of time and space.”

We can only escape Plato’s Cave, become the Ouroboros, by acknowledging our Shadow — our lustful desires contained within that we repress.

“When you make a sacrifice in marriage, you’re not sacrificing to the other, you’re sacrificing to the relationship. And this is symbolized, for example, in that Chinese image of the tai chi, the tao, you know, with the dark and the light interacting. That is the relationship of yang and yin, male and female, which is what a marriage is. And that’s what you are, you’re no longer this, you’re the relationship…”

I think we are being asked to truly be a community, not individuals. Sacrifice our individual desires for the betterment of The One.

“The ordeal is sacrifice of ego to the relationship, of a two-ness which now becomes the one…the one isn’t just you, it’s the two together. And that’s a purely mythological image, of the sacrifice of the visible entity for a transcendent unit, cracking eggs to make an omelet, you know?”

We are cracked eggs. That’s for certain.

Cristen
      Participant

“Answers” to our questions with our iconfidant numbers typed neatly at the bottom? By a J…Carlsberg? Bless.

I’ll be watching the whole season of That’s So Joyce, thanks.

Maranda
      Participant

@wanda102 So they *are* your iConfidant numbers? @bcbishop mentioned thinking it might be but I don’t remember reading that it was confirmed.

Carlsberg, with an S.
      Typo or not…?

Chris
      Participant

While @joycecarlberg waits to hear back about being optioned at Freeform, it seems like she’s also underestimating our ability to overscrutinize a piece of paper. @bryan, @kevin, @wanda102– anything jumping out at you related to a possible letterhead hiding in plain sight? The “CA Chapter” is an interesting detail that @thegilded potentially connected to a comment Gatekeeper 3 made way back when suggesting a larger scope, but this nudge feels like something more than that. Any ideas?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

The CA Chapter definitely jumps out at me and gets my brain wondering “is this a clue to a bigger picture?” I definitely LOVE the philosophy behind the winding clock. Wow does that speak to me.

Bring in others’ energy and you will receive even more

This makes me think the strongest leaders who sway others in their direction will result in the most energy gained. This applies to those of us that have a larger impact on the overall community and are able to be a voice that most listen for. Will these people amongst us be persuaded to coax the rest of us into making decisions we are unsure of, but we will do it because we trust them?

@joycecarlberg
      interest in Stacey and Noah could prove she likes drive and determination they carry and sees this as an asset, or she views them as threats and wants to put an end to them. What do they both have that intrigues her? I have to say her feistiness paired with mine is quite exhilarating and fun to challenge, however she is growing on me. I knew this would happen.

Lukas L
      Participant

Just an idea I was tossing around. After hearing the periscope’s and reading what @joycecarlberg said and wrote. As well as the discussions here. I am wondering if any of the other “ARG’s” (4 down is copycat) (you are losing them faster) are secretly run by lust.

@joycecarlberg
      said “you are an investment and when I go to the bank, I want to see you their” Also relating to “winding the clock and leaking” we are the one. Our participation, energy, sweat, time, are the lifelines of this existing. They want to see us here, not wasting our time lusting over other ARG’s. That would take away from thier “investment” in us.

But this is lust and we all love (or lust) after arg experiences. The creators have always rewarded loyalty. So how bad ass of a twist would it be if they were testing our loyalty by secretly creating other (ARG’S to see who would remain faithful and who would just jump on the next best thing. Who was willing to wind the clock and who is a leak that they shouldn’t be investing into.

I always thought it would be cool if somehow multiple ARG’s started separately but slowly showed they were one with out the players expecting it. I was really sceptical about this whole theory, but @taysavestheday pointed something out that really contributed to its possibility. Remember the email we all got called Encroaching Dusk? Does that name sound like it could fit in with any of the current ARG’s that are put there. That alot of us are involved with?

Could this be them checking thier data validity. Deciding who is worth there time and who isnt?

Or…

Could this whole theory just have been subtly implied to make us think this way, and to be parinoid enough to stop us from investing our time, energy, and sweat elsewhere thus killing the “copy cats” either way, if anyone could have pulled something like this off, it would be the creators.

Just a thought and I for one am going to be a bit more cautious about my time on other ARGs. Eh cautious or parinoid. Not sure yet.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can’t stop laughing.

New theme song for @joycecarlberg’s sitcom.

"What is the meaning of all of this?!"

Posted by The Lust Experience on Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Maranda
      Participant

@lukasrl This is a theory that makes me go “no way…!” but would be the biggest mindfuck if true. Either way the OSDM is not happy that some of us are double dipping, but hey, with the success of Tension they brought it on themselves.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Noah been referred to as “The Clown Prince” before?

Megan
      Participant

From what I’ve seen of the others they don’t look like they come from the same artists as Tension/Lust at all, and I don’t think it makes much sense to spread resources out when you could just concentrate on the main event. These things can get incredibly time consuming and expensive, especially given how many actors Lust is involving. I doubt that it’s anything other than a warning that we not spread ourselves too thin. Or cheat on our main ARG. 🙂

Really though, “wind the clock” came up a LOT last year and it has a lot to do with how much our energies, words, and thoughts are focused and directed on this. One thing that can be done – if you’re not already doing it – is to post about any interactions you have on social media, or blog about them if you have a blog. @ziegenbartsr and I have tried pulling a few people in from the Twin cities but there’s only so much we can do over here.

My husband made a really smart comparison the other day, for those of you who listen to the Rabbits podcast (thanks @mkarrett I’m still obsessed). There’s this idea there, I’ll try to not spoil too much, that the “game” is a method of focusing a group of players’ energies on one particular task in order to literally repair the universe. Without enough players playing and focusing, the world will actually fall apart. And that’s similar to what’s going on here – Lust relies on US focusing our energies on this game, and if enough of us aren’t doing that, the clock can’t wind, the world falls apart.

Kevin
      Participant

@izryn Yeah, the number on the bottom of my question and answer is my iConfidant number.

Maranda
      Participant

Before I hit the hay for tonight I just want to append my previous comment a bit by saying meta/OOG that it’s great that we’ve got a bigger buffet of awesome immersive storytelling to help ourselves to, and no doubt some of that is thanks to the success that was Tension. Let’s not over-eat.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Fuck. I was all aboard the “Joyce hate train” then she pulls a fuckin 80’s sitcom joke. Gooooood damnit…

#StillTeamStacey

Anonymous
      Inactive

@julierei

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Noah been referred to as “The Clown Prince” before?

I thought his sounded familiar too in that regard but couldn’t remember if he was referred to as just “Prince” or clown prince.

However it might have been a subtle nod to the Adam West Batman series due to the dialogue style of it being a 60’s sitcom and the Joker is considered the Clown Prince of Gotham.

Kevin
      Participant

@thebuz The Russian referred to Noah as the “Crown Prince” when he called @taysavestheday. It very well could have been “Clown Prince” through a thick accent though.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

The Clown Prince blackmailed his way out of the fire with less.

So does the mean that Noah escaped death during the OOA massacre because he had something on someone? Or was Pap Sinclair going to dispose of him at the book party fire?

Blackmail is definitely Noah’s style.

I have to admit, I’m warming up to @joycecarlberg too. Sarcasm is way better than passive aggressiveness, no?

Cara
      Participant

HA!! @joycecarlberg’s got jokes! I love it. This, I can get on board with.

@joycecarlberg
      You wanna workshop this sitcom idea? ?

superstar
      Participant

So, I’ve been thinking there are a couple of different ways to read the “sacrifice and freedom” pledge.

1) we *offer* our desire in exchange for _____’s sacrifice and in exchange for ____’s freedom
      2) we desire/want ____’s sacrifice and we desire/want _____’s freedom.

Does that make any sense? Basically, are we pledging for someone to be sacrificed? Or, are we offering our desire/energy/lust in exchange for someone to be set free?

in a sense, to repay someone for their sacrifice?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by superstar.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

“That’s so Joyce.” Like a situation comedy catchphrase, delightful!

Why I can almost see it now:

Johnson picks up a newspaper crossword from his messy desk:

“What is the meaning of all of this?!”

Okay so she bolded “What is the meaning of all this?!” Is she mocking us or letting us know how brass she is by sharing so much info?

Our roguish but oh so charming leading lady squints at her Supervisor’s paper.

“I believe 4 down is copy cat sir.”

She winks at the audience as her supervisor looks at the wrong paper in his hand, slams it on the desk and picks up official letterhead.

Pithy joke… or hidden message referencing FOUR.

“Oh I can and I will!”

“You’ll get us both killed or worse! The Clown Prince blackmailed his way out of the fire with less.”

So again either this is a reference to Noah (who did use a form of blackmail after his warehouse break in) but it’s interesting to note that Joyce is essentially insulting that her higher ups don’t exactly agree with her 4D chess moves here.

“The very same, besides all the while I’ll find out what they know of the uprising!”

Okay I find this bit particular interesting. “Flies” and “Blueprints” What the hell does this mean? Is it supposed to be Files? Any other references to blueprints, files, or flies?

And it would definitely seem she was gauging just how much @kevin, @wanda102 and @bcbishop knew. Any particular questions she asked you guys that stand out that might be tied into this?

This is a clear CIA method of spy games in which you share non damaging information in exchange for confirmation/leaking enemies secrets. For example, the CIA suspects a terrorist cell in Dallas Texas, so they set up shop in a secret warehouse but let it slip that they are there. Suddenly a van shows up with a group of terrorists ready to shoot up the place only to be immediately apprehended because the CIA also purchased the warehouse on the other side of the street and were actually operating out of that. By leaking info they got confirmation that there was an active terrorist cell and now they have suspects in custody to interrogate which is a whole lot more than what they had before.

This can also be referred as the “Rope-a-dope”.

Our leading lady smiles as her supervisor begins to shake with rage. He manages to blurt out a warning.

“Don’t you say it Carlberg!”

She says it.

“That’s so Joyce?”

She mugs for camera. Jumps in the air and freeze frame.

Now turn off this channel and go to bed, tomorrow is a new day and there will be more ruffles for your feathers.

Well today is the new day. My feathers are not ruffled, my jimmies not rustled.

jimmies

Anonymous
      Inactive

I merged @bcbishops thread with this one to keep everything in one place. Thanks!

Cristen
      Participant

@thebuz “flies and blueprints” would refer to Joyce’s statement about trying to give us answers is like giving the blueprints for Boeing plane to a housefly.

A better question is: who is copying whom?

Cristen
      Participant

I want to think about what we might be missing here. Look at the letters. I don’t personally see anything out of sorts with my physical letter itself but I’m hardly an expert (maybe @mkarrett needs to take a look?)

So what’s the bigger picture? What’s hidden in plain sight?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@wanda102

@thebuz “flies and blueprints” would refer to Joyce’s statement about trying to give us answers is like giving the blueprints for Boeing plane to a housefly.

A better question is: who is copying whom?

Ah well shit I missed that then. My apologies.

Was there more references to copying than her saying “4 down is copycat?”

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, that’s where I went too! What in those letters did she give you that is hidden in plain sight??

Also note that her supervisor is named “Johnson”. The other supervisor from email bros #1 and #2 was “Bill”? Could “Bill Johnson” be the same person? (or maybe Johnson was a sitcom joke?)

Also that the investors are tied together by LINEAGE seems important. I know we knew that some of them were “born into this”, but I didn’t know the investors were all blood ties of some sort…very interesting.

This is all wonderful info. I really appreciate that the investors let you ask questions…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Sage.
         Lauren Bello

Also that the investors are tied together by LINEAGE seems important. I know we knew that some of them were “born into this”, but I didn’t know the investors were all blood ties of some sort…very interesting.

@sfire8
        – yes, it was great to get this confirmed! This ties into what Sabrina said at the meet and greet:

“You have all now offered yourselves as a gift of those of their blood.”

The only thing I’m not sure of is if we are a gift from the investors…to Anoch? Or if we are a gift from ourselves to the investors. Either way, apparently it will require “a personal compromise of some sort” from us.

Chloe
      Participant

I really like Stacey and her #burnitdown attitude but…

Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my fav. @joycecarlberg and I could be mint chocolate chip ice cream BFF’S.

LUST is pulling at my heart and stomach strings man.

Melissa
      Participant

@wanda102

Thanks for thinking of me! “Blueprints”–maybe consider using a blacklight just for funsies? Doesn’t hurt to try and if you need a handheld feel free to stop by my house tonight to borrow mine. I’ll be working on the house. 🙂

Lauren Bello

I’m curious about the letters appended to the iConfidant numbers. It could be as simple as “-L” = male and “-b3” = female, but there could be more to it.

Also, for those who are curious, some references to the California branch of the OOA/OSDM being one of many last year:

“To: clockmaker9
      Subject: CA’s current predicament

Hello sir,

I am sure you are quite aware but as a matter of complete transparency I must inform you that several of us on the outgrowth team have become concerned at the recent developments regarding the CA property.” – email from Sam Bickerson, OSDM, leaked to @mumumusings

“CA is behind schedule, but we have been assured there is no room at the table for those who cannot close.” – unknown OSDM member, annotating Four’s resignation letter

Chloe
      Participant

@mkarrett I was just thinking it could be invisible ink. Is it a blacklight or heat that reveals that though?

Sage
      Participant

Joyce wants to give the three the “official letterhead”. (LUST LOGO letters)

“Oh I can and I will!”

–What info did she give you all that could get them “both killed”?
      –Noah got out of the fire, with less info than this…
      –It’s right in front of us, in plain sight, but we will never see it. (WHAT IS IT?)
      –Joyce will find out about the “uprising”. (QUESTIONS ABOUT STACEY AND NOAH)
      –HOW DID JOYCE SPILL THE BEANS??

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@daela Have we been presented any other evidence or reference to any other group in another state so far? Or has it only been CA with the obvious assumption that this spreads throughout more states?

Lauren Bello

@shankfx22 – In a document leak to @coryphella, one report mentioned, “Most recently there were several verbal accounts and various newspaper reports that The Anoch Institute has changed their name to the Church of Anoch and have appeared again in the midwest, this was short lived however as several deaths, claims of life insurance fraud and arson appeared to have run them into hiding once more…Now, the 1990’s latest known manifestation has been reported in Hollywood, California, where the supposed offshoot of the church appears to represent itself as the ‘OOA Institute’.”

I believe that several in-person meetings went into more depth about this, but I can’t find any transcripts. Bob Jones also hinted that he had investigated the church in several other towns before, but he didn’t specify which ones they were.

Melissa
      Participant

@chloe

Could be heat-activated (oxidation) or UV, it depends on what ink was used. Heat-activated is just oxidizing the invisible ink which will usually make the secret letters/whatever that’s hidden, brown. UV ink looks more blue so I was thinking if there’s a hidden message than I’d go for a UV light (non destructive anyhow) first but I’m translating the “blueprints” part literal.

Cristen
      Participant

@mkarrett I hacked my phone into a black light pretty easily, not seeing anything that way or under heat. Thanks for the suggestion!

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

There have been two references to the “clown prince” or “crown prince” before. One was the Russian saying that Noah and Sarah “had their crown prince” which made me wonder if there was another, but after that there was another mention of the crown prince which…I can’t for the life of me remember where. But it was said in a context that confirmed that Noah was in fact the crown prince. Can someone help me recall where that was? And then here in Joyce’s delightful mockery of a sitcom and us, we have the “clown prince” mentioned.

As for “blackmailing his way out of that fire”, well as we all know he was there “trying and failing to clean up the mess” in the OOA during the Tension days. The higher ups could very easily have been like “ok fuck up, stay in that warehouse, get shot in the face, and burn like the rest of those weirdos.” but he blackmailed his father as a way to get Sarah out of harms way before, maybe he’s done the same for his own ass.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@daela I think perhaps you are right with the “L” and “b3” classification being for male and female. I tried to do some investigating into those classifications and came up with nothing that seemed to fit.

Going back and reading @bryan post, it just makes me think again that they are singling out people that they feel have strong influence. Her reference to him having violence within and not regretting it is exactly what they are looking for and what they need. People to do their dirty work for them. Take out the ones that get in the way or pose a threat. The question is: are you willing to do whatever it takes for @joycecarlberg, even if that means murder? Would it be justified to protect your family if those were the circumstances?

Cristen
      Participant

@daela @shankfx22 other than the obvious male and female difference, the only main one I can think of between them and myself is they participated in the previous Experience while I did not.

I can’t stop thinking about Joyce saying “copy cat” with a wink to her audience. Almost like what’s to say that she and those she represents aren’t copying those who may genuinely represent Lust.

I’d like not to believe that because Joyce was an absolute treasure, but there’s an obvious wrinkle here that we haven’t ironed out yet.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@meghanmayhem The most recent reference to the Crown Prince was in the leaked emails from the Sushi Dan Dead Drop…
      Crown Prince

They mention that Horace is “no longer distracted” now that he has his little prince back to “regrouping” The System.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I’m pitching to the networks right now…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I also just thought of something:

@joycecarlberg
      was asking @bryan about the violence he has inside and if he regrets it. When he replied no she said he may be what they need, that he would be willing to do anything to protect his family. In one of the leaked emails, one of the bros talks about someone climbing the ranks and says:

I think one actually did make it through the ranks. Can you imagine how much he had to give up? The things he did to get there?

Is this the way to becoming a Clock Maker? Do whatever it takes to climb the ranks? Does Joyce think that Bryan could be a worthy CM or perhaps any other of us? What did this person give up and what “things” did he do to get there?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@shankfx22 Yes! Thank you!

Kevin
      Participant

@joycecarlberg was asking @bryan about the violence he has inside and if he regrets it. When he replied no she said he may be what they need, that he would be willing to do anything to protect his family.

@shankfx22
      This also fits in with the lineage angle we’ve been getting more of lately. If they are all actually family or just consider themselves family, they would want people willing to protect that family.

And it would definitely seem she was gauging just how much @kevin, @wanda102 and @bcbishop knew. Any particular questions she asked you guys that stand out that might be tied into this?

@thebuz I think Cristen mentioned it somewhere, but Joyce seemed more like she was gauging the way we answered and reacted to questions more than our answers themselves. Every time we answered she spent a noticeable amount of time studying us before moving on to the next question. I assume she knew how we were going to answers most of her questions anyways.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So all this could potentially be the longest, strangest, job interview ever? The OSDM is seeking out new blood (literally) to help them with their cause?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin

This also fits in with the lineage angle we’ve been getting more of lately. If they are all actually family or just consider themselves family, they would want people willing to protect that family.

I like that this ties into his “family” within Lust and not his literal family. Perhaps if they feed into OUR lust and desires, it will be with the intention of getting us to be loyal, and maybe even willing to kill for the family. However, they are testing and gauging to see who has that fire within and would be willing to go to great lengths to keep it burning.

@wanda102
      You bring up an interesting theory to the wink and “copy cat” clues from @joycecarlberg. Maybe she is pulling the wool over our eyes and distracting us with the answer that her organization and the OSDM are connected. This would keep us from seeing the bigger picture, because we have lusted for this answer and link between the two. And if she IS a “copy cat” and misrepresenting Lust, then who the hell is she actually working for!?

@daela
      Thank you, that definitely helps, especially with the Midwest reference. Having grown up there, I am not surprised at all that the Church of Anoch was such a hit, even if there were murders and bad publicity lol

Cristen
      Participant

right @kevin. If she’s watching the boards and Slack as we know she is, she already knew we didn’t know where Stacey or Noah was, so why ask us? Absolutely more about our emotions in response to being asked than the answer.

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, did you also say Joyce was super mesmerized your necklace? It’s an “Ankh” right, or Egyptian “cross of life?”

There is something deeper with this Egyptian stuff and Joyce knows it!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

A couple of thoughts the morning after…

The Clown Prince

I think this is almost certainly Noah. Joyce seemed to have no love for Mr. Sinclair whatsoever. When she asked if I’d heard from him recently, I said no, and that he and I had a complicated relationship. She smiled, and said “I like you, Bryan.” She did not strike me as somebody that was rooting for him.

The Uprising

My impression is that this was referring to @staceyerikson and @mychild (and perhaps anybody else that’s been flying in the face of the Investors). Joyce very specifically asked us if we knew where Stacey was, or had been in contact with her. I think they’re trying to track her down, and are trying to figure out who amongst us may have already sided with Stacey in secret.

Why do I say that? Because Joyce also asked me directly if I had been contacted by anyone to side with them in any way. Can’t recall if I mentioned this in last night’s Periscope, but she very specifically hit upon this question. I told her I hadn’t (which is the truth), but I brought up The Man With The Stick as somebody that seemed to have talked to people about getting their help. She gave me a death stare, and then looked over my shoulder — which was a mirror. A two-way mirror, because somebody was secretly watching us? I don’t know, but mentioning The Man With The Stick definitely got some sort of reaction. I asked if he was part of the Investors or something different, but she didn’t respond.

Copy Cats

When Joyce asked me about people copying the tactics of The Lust Experience, I broke down how some people had been creating “alternate reality games” based upon the experience people had last year, and she asked me for specific names of experiences. I’m just going off gut here, but judging from the look on her face and the way she was scribbling answers down, I do not think she was checking in to see if other groups they were controlling were having an effect. It played like she wanted to know who was screwing with their data, and wanted to be able to retaliate if necessary.

Cristen
      Participant

@sfire8 yes I wear a little silver ankh around my neck. I never take it off.

Sage
      Participant

I’m still feeling like there is a connection with ancient Egypt and the bloodline (of the investors).

Lauren Bello

My impression is that this was referring to @staceyerikson and @mychild (and perhaps anybody else that’s been flying in the face of the Investors). Joyce very specifically asked us if we knew where Stacey was, or had been in contact with her. I think they’re trying to track her down, and are trying to figure out who amongst us may have already sided with Stacey in secret.

Why do I say that? Because Joyce also asked me directly if I had been contacted by anyone to side with them in any way.

@bcbishop
      Oh shit. OK. So is the implication here that some among us may have been so contacted, and are keeping it a secret? Or was this just Joyce covering all her bases?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@daela

Oh shit. OK. So is the implication here that some among us may have been so contacted, and are keeping it a secret? Or was this just Joyce covering all her bases?

Honestly, it’s hard to say. But it infers that they think it’s a possibility.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Perhaps that Joyce is saying that the “answer” is right in front of our eyes and we don’t notice it is key.

I pledge my desire for their sacrifice and freedom.

She says to ruminate on it. Continually repeat the phrase out loud.
      Write it down in familiar places where it easy to be reminded of or doing a combination of both. Really concentrate on how you are feeling when you think of the phrase. Repetition, feelings, and focus are the keys to understanding what these words mean.

So get going.

Otherwise, not being a code/cipher guy, look to see if the numbers are a key code of some kind.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

AFK at the moment, but here is my Periscope from my meeting tonight. Still trying to process this. Full write-up to come.

Watch me.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Apologies for the delay in writing this. Hopefully the Periscope sufficed in the short term.

My interaction with Joyce was nearly identical to the ones had by @wanda102 and @kevin (awesome recaps!!!). I will add that along with her long-hugging, @joycecarlberg gives the most amazing eye-roll I’ve ever seen. (This came when I mentioned recent shininigans from a user that shall not be named.) While she is clearly excellent at putting on the friendly face, we shouldn’t let that cheery disposition fool us. I think Joyce has the ability to call things out as they are, without mercy — something she’s demonstrated freely on the forums already (and I, frankly, welcome).

As Joyce left, however, she said that one of her associates would be stopping by next. I didn’t know who to expect, but when I saw the skinny young woman in business attire and glasses, it didn’t take me long to put the pieces together. “It’s good to see you again,” the woman said, and sat down.

It was the “prostitute” that Noah Sinclair had tried to blackmail me with months ago.

We exchanged some quick small talk about that being a rather odd night, and then she got to what she wanted to say. “There is violence in you,” she told me, no doubt referring to my, well, intense reaction after Noah The Schmuck pulled his schtick. “Do you regret that there is an animal inside you willing to do what it takes to keep your family safe?”

I told her I didn’t regret it at all – and she said it made her think that I would probably be a good provider. And that I might be able to help the people she works for keep secrets. “Not with your words, or your mind,” she said. “But your sweat. And your dominance.”

I’ve turned this over in mind throughout the night, wondering exactly what she was getting at. I can’t help but wonder if she’s talking about physically “keeping secrets” by silencing those that need to be silenced; murder, basically. They’ve done it before. And I’ll admit there was something intriguing about the idea.

And then I realized what the trigger had been for that extreme reaction: putting my family in danger. Was she talking about putting my family in danger again so I would commit violence for the people that are pulling our strings?

As she left, I asked if I would see her again – and she said Maybe.

The envelope I was left with was the same as the ones @wanda102 and @kevin had received. The answer is below, and it gives us both the name of HCDI — the High Council of Data Integration — and an idea of how it fits structurally within the OSDM.

(Also: I was incorrect in my Periscope — the number in the lower right of the letter was indeed my iConfidant number.)

My biggest takeaway remains the one I mentioned in my Periscope. These bits and pieces we’ve seen thus far are all linked and interconnected in ways we cannot even imagine. There is something sinister and frightening lurking here, something we’ll only be able to see when the puzzle pieces are all put together. And just because we may not see the entire picture now does not mean it’s not waiting for us in the dark.

Viewing 72 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar