6/10 – Call from The Russian

This topic has 27 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Bryan Bishop.

• Author
       Taylor Winters
      Participant

My phone rings. An unknown number–I know what this means.

“I heard you received a call from him.” I ask “Horace?” tentatively. “Do not play games with me.” His accent his thick, hard to understand. A cross between Russian and Dracula. He asks me if I thought about what Horace had asked of me.

I explain to him that I had, that I had ended contact with my confidant, that I can’t be weighed down by my feelings and emotions any longer. I want to see results, I want to get things done. I’ve embraced my scientific, logical, engineer side–and I am ready.

He tells me I’m doing well–it’s a good start. This will go deeper. I have to stay rigid and must not give myself to the weaknesses of the heart.

Then The Russian asks if his son or daughter in law has asked me similar things. I think for a moment, reflecting on my interactions with them. I’ve barely spoken to Noah, and I can’t recall Sarah ever asking anything of me, beyond being a model for her photography session. So I tell the Russian that neither have requested anything similar to their Father’s request.

He thinks for a moment and then tells me he enjoyed my video. The one for The System. He tells me that it first caught Horace’s eye. But Noah and Sarah’s interest is not good. They have alliance with their so-called “Crown Prince” is one he is cautious about. Noah has his own agenda. Plus, he is a drunk, and Sarah is a cheating whore. He asks me to keep this between us, he doesn’t want Horace to find out he’s saying these things. While Horace wouldn’t disagree, The Russian would hate to dishonor him. I tell him, I won’t tell Horace. But I’ll keep this in my back pocket, in case I need it one day.

He continues, telling me I must prove to be on Horace’s side if I want to be called upon to serve him. And I’m not to let Noah or Sarah try to sway me.

“Never confuse what side you are actually on.”

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

…The Crown Prince, aye?

So are we basically feeling that Horace is loyal to the old Gods and Noah/Sarah are loyal to the new Gods? And therein lies the “where is the disconnect” between them when it’s clear they want similar things?

Cara
      Participant

@taysavestheday I both admire you for taking such a strong stance and worry that it might lead you down a bad path. Logic is a valuable tool but sometimes it’s best to follow your instincts… they’re there for a reason.

Lia
      Participant

Not looking forward to what “proving yourself” looks like, @taysavestheday. I guess we’ll know more in 24 hours about what these guys really want. I mean, unless everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@chrysalis359, thank you. To me, instinct is just accumulated experience. Instinct is how you respond to instantaneous decisions, while thought, reflection, and forecasting is a more optimal way to handle decisions you have a movement to think about. That’s why I thank Horace for giving me some time to really consider my actions, forecast different outcomes (as difficult as that was), and to consider if this is something I can live myself after doing. He didn’t give me two minutes to decide, he gave me ample time. In other words, it wasn’t my shadow, my unconscious mind–it was me through thought and reason making this decision.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Stay strong @taysavestheday. It’s interesting to hear Horace and “The Russian” are at odds. I wonder if The Russian drives a Prius? I mean he doesn’t sound like the sort to drive one, but maybe he’s just really cost efficient? And that’s how he got the finances to be an investor?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants, good luck tomorrow. I wonder what they want as well. Motivations are important to understand a person.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@nothenrygale, I didn’t get the sense that The Russian and Horace were at odds. My interpretation was that The Russian wanted to check in on me, as The Investors did with @theladyj, to see what decision I made and where I stand. He provided me with a little advice, and his main goal was simply collecting information and distributing information accordingly.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@taysavestheday Ahh, my bad. I lumped in Horace with his issues with Noah and Sarah.

Cara
      Participant

@taysavestheday So you can’t trust Noah. You can’t trust iConfidant. Who can you trust? I suppose you can only trust yourself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Motivations are important to understand a person.

Once you understand a person or group or persons motivations everything else will begin to click in place. It all falls from that bit of understanding.

Kevin
      Participant

@taysavestheday Does the Russian sound like or seem like the Man with the Stick? Can you tell if they’re different people?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@kevin, this man had a completely different accent than my Stick Man. They are different people.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay so Russian guy and Stickman are two very different people. I feel like we keep getting them confused.

Why on earth would they have two people that sound similar?

Chris
      Participant

A bit more clarification– if we’re separating the Russian and the Stick Man in our minds, do we have a clear sense of which one of them was on the recorded call with Darren?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@thebuz, in my opinion, they didn’t sound similar. The Russian’s accent is extremely thick to the point that some of his words were almost hard to understand. Stick Man I didn’t have that problem with. He sounded much more South American to me.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub, Funny you mention that. @kevin just asked me the same question. The man who called Darren was 100% the same guy that called me.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Have to jump in here @thebuz – I’ve had a man with a Russian accent call me twice. It matched the voice on the Darren call. Given how poor human recollection is, it could be a mistake in assuming it’s the same person as The Man With The Stick. Except one of the times he was actually tapping his stick in the background, to make sure I could hear it. Don’t think this is as cut and dried as it may seem.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop The guy that called Darren is Boris the Bulgarian from registration. 100%. If you heard his stick tapping in the background and it sounded like the same guy both times than that is Boris Stickman.

@brianamatopoeia
      and @shankfx22 I believe had calls from ANOTHER man, who had a comically thick Russian accent.

@taysavestheday
      is saying it didn’t sound like Boris but a Russian dude… yet sounded just like Darren call.

So… same dude across the board? Or was the guy that called Bri and Hannah just a stand in for Stickman?

Kevin
      Participant

To add to the confusion, though I only spoke with him briefly, the Russian did have a very thick accent and was hard to understand. My memory of the Man with the Stick’s accent doesn’t line up with the Russian’s. I don’t remember his accent being that thick or ever having a hard time understanding him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kevin Goddammit. This is all fucked up.

We potentially have two characters running about.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Considering Stick Man and Russian are concerned with matters of “the heart,” I would wager they are the same person.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@thebuz @kevin The guy who called me had a VERY thick accent (I wish I could insert an audio of my impression but I will resist from fully embarrassing myself) and he sounded rather charming and informative. He did not come off aggressive or passionate with his voice, just as if he was delivering a friendly message. With that being said, he definitely reminded me of Dracula, now that @taysavestheday mentioned that as a reference. I did not attend registration so I cannot say if the two voices are the same or just similar. Hope that little bit helps at least

Kevin
      Participant

@shankfx22 Yeah, the guy at registration wasn’t very friendly, not that he was necessarily unfriendly either, and never charming.

@kasch
      I think this is a good point, but Stick Guy was concerned with both the head and the heart while the guy who called @taysavestheday told him to avoid the weaknesses of the heart. Which just makes this even murkier.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Reflecting, I may be wrong about Darren’s caller and The Russian being the same man. @shankfx22, I agree. The Russian had an exceptionally thick accent. He was there to provide advice and gather information, not threaten. The accent in the call with Darren was not nearly as thick.

So it looks like we either have two characters: The Bulgarian and The Russian, or one character who purposefully adjusts his accent based on his level of aggression/passion. I’d lean towards the former.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin @kasch Also the “Russian” who called me started out the conversation with asking “What is your heart’s true desire?” It seems like he has an interest in the matters of the heart as well

Chris
      Participant

@kasch where did the Russian exhibit an interest in the heart? Based on @taysavestheday’s call he seems to completely align with Horace, happy that Taylor abandoned iConfidant and embraced his scientific side. My interaction with Stick Man was more spiritual than most, this doesn’t sound like his ideology. Stick Man is definitely of the heart. Whoever called Taylor sounds like the opposite.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

“Considering Stick Man and Russian are concerned with matters of “the heart,” I would wager they are the same person.”

My thoughts as well, @kasch. I imagine the differences we’re noting here may be just due to, how shall I say this… implementation details.

Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised if they clarified this for us themselves. The Man With The Stick (and any potential colleagues) don’t strike me as the kind that like being misunderstood.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: Removed the word "characters" because this isn't a game
Viewing 27 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar