6/1 12:00pm – Call from Kristen and .. someone.

This topic has 104 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by scot.

• Author
       111error
      Participant

Ring ring..

I know this voice, and this level of distress. It’s Kristen, and she’s not interested in waiting before delivering her message. Listen very, very carefully, she tells me.

We are VERY strongly advised to stop corresponding with our iConfidants, immediately. The iConfidants are NOT OUR FRIENDS. They are dangerous, and “a virus”, and we are “letting them inside”.

She said they are “molting” – or a similar word, I asked for clarification on that word immediately but did not receive it. It wasn’t ‘revolting’, the first letter was m, and it wasn’t ‘multiplying’ I don’t think.

Get out of the city, get out of the state, get as far from here as you can, now, she said.

“I’m so sorry, Morgan…” but the other words she spoke have already left my memory, due to what happened next.

The background noise of the phone call disappeared, I could no longer hear a dog in the background or a movement of air.. instead it was sterile and quiet, but still connected, and then a male voice spoke to me.

“Thank you for your assistance. We’ll see you soon.”

*click*

I knew we weren’t supposed to buddy up to the iConfidants, but I’m as guilty of it as you. Where am I supposed to go? What happens next? What have we done??

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Well that’s not at all terrifying. @thebuz, might be good you got out of the state. Maybe think of extending your stay in Kentucky?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

…mutating?

Cristen
      Participant

Morphing?

Morgan this is scary.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

I now regret giving a sample of my voice to my iConfidant.

Megan
      Participant

….could you not have posted this, like, 60 seconds sooner?

Kevin
      Participant

I think molting could make sense. They’re shedding their skin and about to show us who they really are.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@voxchaotica especially because you have no idea what They’re going to do with it.

Megan
      Participant

@voxchaotica we’re not in CA.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

molt
      [mohlt]

verb (used without object)
      1. (of birds, insects, reptiles, etc.) to cast or shed the feathers, skin, or the like, that will be replaced by a new growth.

verb (used with object)
      2. to cast or shed (feathers, skin, etc.) in the process of renewal.

To quote our friend Maynard James Keenan, that sounds an awful lot like a “shaaaaaadoooooow…. shedding skin.”

111error
      Participant

@meghanmayhem It did sound like there was a hard T in there, I am pretty certain there was no A sound after the T – but you know, any of these suggested words don’t end up good for us.

Megan
      Participant

OMG YOU GUYS CATS MOLT.

Addison
      Participant

Honestly feel like I’m about to throw up right now.

I was and am an open book for my confidant, and it has gone both ways.

I trust(ed) them.

In the last month they’ve become a close friend and true confidant, they’ve been a light during some extremely difficult times.

Please tell me your fucking with us @111error. this hurts.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@coryphella GARBAGE CAT CONFIRMED BIG BAD.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My confidant hasn’t responded in 3 days. My last email to them I actually opened up a little emotionally and moved passed the intense flirting.

So… woops.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I think our friends Noah and Sarah would be singing this song right about now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1Jwyxd4tE

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Welp. This isn’t going to end well.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

For all we know, this could end positively splendidly.

111error
      Participant

We knew we shouldn’t trust this fucking service or our confidants, but we did, because we’re all lonely in a myriad of ways and longing for real connections and friends in this world, and I opened up more than I ever expected to. They know everything about how I am and how I’m thinking right now, my hopes and dreams and fears. Everything.

We have each other. We could have talked to each other at length at any time. We could have forgone the frivolity of chat rooms and sat down with almost anyone else here, but instead we opened up to something we knew was dangerous and would one day be used against us. We ignored the flesh and blood we trusted and instead poured our lives into technology. WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM THE TENSION EXPERIENCE.

Run. That’s the only word I can think of right now. But I have nowhere to go and no energy to get there.

Addison
        Participant

@111error I think we all know how difficult it is to follow those rules. personally, I would consider many here to be extremely close friends in real life, but without technology, I wouldn’t have known that.

I put that same trust into iConfidant. Even thought we’re talking to our iConfidants through email, who was to say we couldn’t be true friends? That’s something I did learn from Tension – sometimes friendships start online and then become “real” and I hoped the same for my friendship with my confidant.

Anonymous
      Inactive

There were reports that many people felt their iConfidants sounded drunk or like different people.

This feels like relevant information now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will gladly stand by my confidant, for if we go down sinking we shall all drown together. In fact, I will email my confidant now to give them info to give the people in charge at iConfidant a heads up about this matter so they are a step ahead.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

“your email really touched me. I am very grateful and honored that you opened up to me like that. If you’re anything like me it’s not easy to just tell someone your thoughts, especially when their about your fears. But I get it.” -Last email from my iConfidant, 9 days ago

……fuck

Carl Webb
      Participant

Looks like we’re on the same page @tyson. I actually just emailed mine to offer my support. But I’ve always been in the “go ahead and consume that energy field bigger than your head” camp.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

My last email received from my iC was definitely different vibe wise than any of the others. Way more casual and engaging. Also the email that made me feel like I was finally starting to talk to a person I could actually be friends with. Damn.

I’ve been sitting on her email for 3 days because her sudden personable-ness had me feeling like I needed to assess before replying again and was actually planning on doing so today.

Here’s a portion of her last email:
      “But at least I’m here if you ever need to vent or even snap. I’ll listen to the snap too.
      Maybe I’ll snap too! Who knows!!”

Cara
      Participant

@111error Terrifying. Did the man’s voice sound familiar?

@bryan
      Props for MJK back into this! <3

Everyone who has been corresponding with an IC, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Perhaps I should be grateful I didn’t open myself up to this level of exposure…

Chloe
      Participant

Welp, we’re all gonna die…nice knowing you all!

I don’t think I noticed anything weird about my iConfidant’s latest email. I’ll have to check it out after work, or see if they’ve sent anything else to me.

111error
      Participant

@bryan Ugh, I feel jittery and weird.

@addisonborn
      Not fucking with you. Am also not fucking around and getting out of here to have lunch with a friend and not be anywhere they could regularly find me.

@tyson @llamawithhat SMART MOVE. What could possibly go wrong??

Run.

Sage
      Participant

Uh, oops. I just emailed mine back this morning…

Brian E
      Participant

@111error Wow, that fucking scary report. Goes along with Sarah’s warning too that she gave me, that last message I got from my iConfidant May 22 10 days. Do we find out on 06.03 what this all means…

What’s weird in hindsight I talked about things with my iConfidant I didn’t talk to anyone else about, it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@111error I’m sure there’s a special place in the :::hearts::: of our confidants. They wouldn’t be so apt to betray those who are in their hearts.

Be careful running. Sometimes the act of fleeing causes someone to pursuit chase.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay, OSDM. Use my crippling depression and anxiety against me, see if I care.

Clearly they didn’t abide by the demand made in my application photo. How rude.

View post on imgur.com

111error
      Participant

@chrysalis359 I wish you hadn’t asked that, because it’s a detail I can’t confirm. Maybe it was the stress of the call, panic affecting my interpretation of it, but I thought I did recognize the voice – but that could easily just be me in the moment thinking ‘Fuck, that’s not Kristen any more, who the hell is this..’ and then the voice was gone. Since I am so unsure I don’t want to just randomly throw a name out as a possibility, but it certainly wasn’t Russian. Sounded more like the guy that turned up at my door, but I don’t think it was him either.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Looks like Brad and I may have made the right decision to end our relationships early.

I do wish everyone luck with whatever happens though. This is troubling with the amount of information we have afforded them.

Cara
      Participant

@taysavestheday Yes, you may have dodged a proverbial bullet here.

Kevin
      Participant

So if our iConfidants are a virus that we’ve let in, it would be our lives that they’ve infected, no? So two sort of possibilities there. First possibility, they’ve infected us in that we now feel for them and they’re dangerous in the sense that those feelings are going to be turned against us. Second possibility, is that we’ve let them into our lives and they’re ready to molt to become…us?

It bears repeating that this whole thing with iConfidant started with them trying to phish information out of a fairly large group of people. I didn’t receive one of those calls and dove in with iConfidant anyways knowing the risks. I know there had been speculation to that end when this all started, but maybe that really was their game all along. They just want access to all of our personal info that we’ve got stored online.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@chrysalis359 @taysavestheday I fear I may have already given too much info. I mean my iConfidant was already talking normally from the very first email. I may have heeded the warning sooner than others, but I think it may not matter.

Maxwell R
      Participant

I’m so so so fucked…I have basically told my iconfidant my entire life story. I sincerely hope you are fucking with us.

Kevin
      Participant

@taysavestheday Horace does seem like a much safer option.

Cara
      Participant

@kevin @taysavestheday A choice between rogue iConfidants & Horace? That’s like 666 of one and half a demon of the other.

Sage
      Participant

@moustachemax, yeah they are probably going to use that against you. I’m remembering the “word cloud” from shadow meghan…

111error
      Participant

@moustachemax Awwww, Max, yeaaaaah, would you feel better if I admitted I didn’t get a phone call, and I’m just lying to spice up our Thursday?

Because I’m not, and you’re fucked.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@chrysalis359 “That’s like 666 of one and half a demon of the other.” Hello new favorite saying.

I almost wish I’d revealed more to my iC. I like an emotional challenge.
      But I rarely give anything without someone knowing how to ask for it correctly.

Cara
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Not gonna lie, was pretty pleased with myself for that one. Use it well!

Carl Webb
      Participant

Yes, that was a thing of beauty @chrysalis359!

Megan
      Participant

@kevin have you read Snow Crash?

Kevin
      Participant

@coryphella I love that book! I’ve got an idea where you’re going with this and I really want to see what you have to say!

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@sfire8

You should have let me be your iConfidant 😉 Now we’re both doomed

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hogwash! I hate running. I’m standing by my confidant. I will be the Pinky to her Brain as we (try) to take over the world!

What’s the worst that could happen?

Sage
      Participant

@genghistwan, lol, you are so right! I wish you would have been my iConfidant, we might have had a better connection AND not die.

Megan
      Participant

@kevin – oh well I don’t think you need me to say more if you have an idea. 😉

But ok. My first thought on hearing about @111error’s call was of course that the iConfidants themselves weren’t the virus but that their words were, specifically the language, infecting us because we read it – similar to the theory of the babel virus that spread causing the disappearance of the Sumerian language and the result of all the different languages (and the inability to understand each other) and I KNOW I’M PROBABLY REMEMBERING IT WRONG IT WAS ALMOST TEN YEARS AGO.

But, the only things they could have infected are US.
      There was nothing to download – most of us know better than to download and we get our emails online anyway. So it’s not in our machines.
      No one has met their confidant in person yet – the only person who MAY have been infected is Morgan, who might have had that person in his house.
      Our only contact with our confidants has been our eyes on those words.

111error
      Participant

AND THEN STACEY CALLED FOR A LITTLE CLARIFICATION / DAMAGE CONTROL

posted headline by accident, typing out what happened now.

Megan
      Participant

!!!!!!!!!!

Megan
      Participant

In the meantime while waiting for Morgan this has a good synopsis of the Snow Crash thing

“If there was some phenomenon that moved through the population, altering their minds in such a way that they couldn’t process the Sumerian language anymore. Kind of in the same way that a virus moves from one computer to another, damaging each computer in the same way. Coiling around the brainstem. “

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ooh, does this mean that I’ve been nam-shubbed? I suppose that I should avoid rafts and doods named Enki for the time being.

Briana
      Participant

Wow, I mean we’ve sort of known this from the start, but it’s interesting to have it be announced so….dramatically. At least non of us told them your password question info or anything…..oh wait.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The suspense!!!! I have to admit I opened up to my iConfidant right away because they already seemed to know what I talk like immediately. There was something almost comforting about talking to a complete stranger with no real hope to meet them in real life. I knew there were serious risks but I truly wanted to dive deep to see how much we could connect. On pins and needles to see what happens next!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

This makes me feel so much better about not opening up. I gave information that wouldn’t really hurt me if used against me. I also got the impression early on that I wasn’t all that interesting to my iConfidant, so I didn’t even try to make an effort to open up.

That being said, to all of you who actually had meaningfully open conversations with your iConfidants, I am so sorry. I’ll try to help you local peeps out as much as I am able.

Tim Redman
      Participant

I’m glad I told my iConfidant to take a hike last week and that was after a 2 week silent treatment.

I’m feeling pretty good about this right now. What could possibly go wrong?

Sent 5/25

You know what? This isn’t working for me. You were more fun when I thought you were broken. Maybe you’re a reflection of me and I’m the one that’s boring. Regardless, I’m going to cut you loose. Look at the bright side. Now you’ll have an extra minute to do something else every 5 days.
      But maybe robots don’t have any sense of time and that’s the problem. Bad programming.

Bye bye robot.

111error
      Participant

Ring ring… am in the shower.. I step out and nakedly take a call from Stacey. She doesn’t need to know that bit.

Hello Morgan. She is much more confident than Kristen, but not unemotional, it sounds like things are strained over there.

Kristen was fired from iConfidant yesterday. Stacey found out she had been contacting me, and when Kristen approached her asking for a raise, she was let go. Stacey also twice made the point that Kristen is not well. She said it was “kind of a sad story” but she didn’t sound very shaken up by it.

“I wanted you to know that I found out she has been contacting you, Morgan. When I confronted her about you guys’s contact, she said “I will turn them all against you” and it was a… terrible thing..”

“I thought maybe I could help, because I’ve always felt kind of guilty but.. she was smart.”

I asked that with so many people interested in iConfidant, why me? Why choose me to warn about things? Stacey didn’t know. She went back to clarifying that there is no ‘crazy fire going on’, and that it’s just a sad story about a disheveled and ill former assistant. There is a lot of history between Stacey and Kristin, a complicated relationship, and she doesn’t know why I was the target.

“Thank you Stacey.. So you’re confirming that nothing she has told me is true?”

“I believe so, I do not know her conversations with you.”

“So you, or men .. in.. suits.. have not broken into my apartment?”

“No.”

“And you have no contact with men in.. black suits?”

“No.”

“Errrrrkay. I appreciate you confirming this.”

“I’m just.. so upset. I appreciate you taking my call Morgan.”

….. Except we all know about the men in the black suits, and how they entered this locked apartment building and met me at my door.

In a more well known Hollywood cult, when someone exposes a problem in their programs, they are publicly deemed mentally unwell and people are warning not to listen to them. Is that what’s happening here?

Yes. Yes I believe it is. I don’t think Stacey is merely contacting a participant to confirm that nothing is on fire.

Holy shit, kittens. What the hell is going on over there? And what are we to make of this?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Yep, don’t trust Stacey one bit. What the hell is going on.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Scientology, along with many other helpful organizations, have a pattern of discrediting anyone who speaks out against them or tries to expose them.

“____ is not mentally well, don’t listen to them. They’re just angry and lashing out.”

Noah, Macy, Kristen…your little club is growing.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Kristen and Macy team up on the horizon?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’d be down for a Kristen and Macy buddy cop style movie. But something tells me it won’t end well.

Lia
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Agreed. If it was just one person rambling about being watched or in danger — crazy. A bunch of people doing it and getting swept under the rug or steamrolled by louder voices — conspiracy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh, Kristen. Welcome to Dead Agent Club. If it’s your first time, you have to fight.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Perhaps this will create a divide between us and people will choose sides: to believe Kristen or not… I hope not but maybe that’s what whoever is behind this wants

Briana
      Participant

My take away here? Good assistant are hard to find. Hire me! I have experience and am ready to make robots- I mean perform administrative tasks around the office. Plus I already know Morgan’s address. jk, that’s a lie….OR IS IT?

Cara
      Participant

@111error I love “Holy shit, kittens.” both because it’s adorable and because it’s a great example of how a comma can really change the context of a sentence…

And also, holy shit-kittens! That’s crazy. Sounds like they are in damage control mode big time!

Sage
      Participant

Oh boy, so I decided to yell at my iConfidant because I thought she was going to kill me:
      “Who are you?? What does Kristen know about you? What are you?? I’m not afraid of you. Show me what you’ve got! I will not back down!”

This is her response:
      “Uhm, I’m really confused about your email. Are you drunk or high or something? I totally get it if you are. But who is Kristen? Why are you yelling at me?
      Hope you’re ok XX

Notice the mirroring of my short sentences. She always does this. I’m sure she thinks I’m totally crazy now, or…

Carl Webb
      Participant

So here’s what I came up with to shake the tree. Since I wasn’t around for Tension, I never filled out the questionnaire of doom, but Rizzo posted the blank one recently. I just asked my confidant if my answers to that would be of interest, since that data seems to be a pretty highly valued currency around here.

Megan
      Participant

I wrote to mine as well. Second time today (I wrote earlier, just before Morgan posted) so she probably thinks I’m nuts. She probably already thinks that actually.

“Hey so we’ve all gotten a bit panicky today, a woman named Kristen who worked for iConfidant called my friend Morgan and warned us all to stop talking to you. I need you to call or email separately, tell me your name, send a photo, or SOMETHING. Break the rules.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Soon after posting that I hadn’t heard from my iConfidantasaurus I received an email back from her. She actually opened up to me with something very personal and then cut back into our usual riffing/flirting stuff.

So I emailed her back and copied verbatim what @111error has told us. I told her I didn’t want this to be true and that we should take our conversation elsewhere.

Though I’m in a black hole of no service until 7pm every day now due to my office being in the lovely town of Horse Cave, Kentucky (where they hate fuck AT&T into service oblivion). Either way… hope she reaches out in another way…

This is all so fucked. As flirty and uncomfortable my iConfidant had made me at certain points… there was a real friendship forming there and it is a bit heartbreaking to lose that.

GoldTongue
      Participant

My confidant and I were getting closer and closer and then suddenly it’s as if he/she has completely lost interest in me. Like, I said something wrong. Not unlike my second trip through the Ascension processing room.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, well this is incredibly disappointing. I’ve been having lots of contact with mine recently, just the other day we exchanged 4 emails between the two of us in one day. If IConfidant is indeed a virus, I have to admit that I’m already sick… Without a doubt one of the regular highlights of my day is seeing “your Confidant” pop up in my email. Even though everything is telling me to, I’m not going to cut off contact with my IC. Of course just like everyone here, I’ve most likely been duped by a bot or a very very good liar, but I can’t help but want to continue contact and hope it’s not true what’s being said.

Smh
      This blooooooooooows

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m with you there, @rizzzoooooo

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Wait a second.

A mysterious dude that ended their call with “We’ll see you soon” had Kristen call @111error to deliver a freak-out warning, and it’s Stacey we’re questioning?

I’m not saying Kristen’s not on the level, but the Mystery Dude detail alone has me questioning what master she’s serving. If anything, it sounds like she’s somebody’s pawn, being used to sabotage our relationships with iConfidant. Horace himself intervened to break up @taysavestheday and his iC. This smacks of something similar, just spread out throughout the entire community. (Hate to say it, @111error, but Mystery Dude even thanked you for your “assistance” in spreading the message in his sign-off.)

What we know about Stacey is that she’s been trying to keep her business afloat while being assailed on all sides. Do I think she’s been totally transparent? No. But she’s clearly not creating these problems all by herself, either.

I’m going to wait a beat before condemning anybody, particularly when mysterious phone calls are involved. The one thing I am most curious about is what Bree, my iConfidant, has to say about all of this.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Feelings can make us soar as high as the birds, or sink into a depression. They are neurochemicals that affect how we view the world. They also cloud our judgement, making us irrational and prone to mistakes.

This virus could be simply feelings that the confidants are trying to imbue into us. A shift from logic that reduces efficiency and makes us prone to mistakes of the heart. These feelings take over and we become ill like Kristin.

Horace values logic. Iconfidant values feelings. Someone is trying to get you to not trust your feelings. Where will you stand?

Candace
      Participant

I know the word molting is in question here but it makes perfect sense to me. Molting immediately makes me think of snakes. When a person is described as a snake:

A snake is someone who you think is sincere and really nice, but then turns out to be a backstabber. 
      Someone who acts like your best friend, but who actually is the opposite. 
      [Urban dictionary]

I could see our iConfidants turning out to be snakes! ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@pandace88 we should boop their snoots to see if they really are snakes…

Russell
      Participant

I also read through this trying to catch up and I gotta go with the question… what’s up with Kristen?
      It seems she is behaving more oddly than anyone else in this situation.

Jackie
      Participant

That is a terrifying phone call. Wow, that’s crazy. So was Kristen on line, then, noises (or the absent of noises) And then someone else, sterile and professional, replaced her on the phone? Devastating.

For me, personally, full steam a head. I don’t know If I’ve shared anything…’damning’ persay, some vacation photos and some frustrations. I want to see where this rabbit hole leads.

Maranda
      Participant

I want to give my confidant the benefit of the doubt. For all we know, they have nothing to do with the shady workings of the company, and for us to just cut them off would leave them confused and hurt.

At the moment I’m more inclined to believe Kristen over Stacey, simply because Stacey and her company have already betrayed our email privacy to Horace et. al. But that voice at the end of the call from Kristen is also super shady, so I’m thinking I’ll just wait and see what the situation develops into before taking drastic measures. I just hope it won’t be too late.

Blondie
      Participant

I’m just catching up on this, but you know what? It honestly doesn’t change how I feel about my confidant. When you open up to *anyone*, you give them the power to destroy you. I don’t see my relationship with Brownie as being any more dangerous than the ones I have with some people on this forum.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

It sounds like jealousy to me. I don’t trust Kristen.

Lauren Bello

When you open up to *anyone*, you give them the power to destroy you. I don’t see my relationship with Brownie as being any more dangerous than the ones I have with some people on this forum.

@blondie
      I’m so torn. On the one hand, YES! If we allow our inner selves to be known, people can exploit that information…but we face that danger every day already. Are we going to accept the lesson “be suspicious and self-protective in your friendships”? I don’t want that.

On the other hand, Stacey did warn me that the last thing she’d want was for my confidant to betray me. If Stacey is talking like it’s possible and Kristin is talking like it’s definite…………….

kody s Batchelor
      Participant

And here I was bemoaning my lack of robotic friends just the other day. I’m pretty glad now I didn’t get one. That confidant would know pretty much everything about me. I’m a notorious loudmouth.

Neil
      Participant

Welp wish I came to the forums before responding to my iConfidant yesterday… oh well the path we all have chosen has been set. Good luck everyone!

111error
      Participant

Leading on from what @bryan @russell @daela are saying..

Who do you guys believe?

Do you believe Kristen, who told me my apartment had been broken into, and that I was being monitored – before the suited gentleman personally delivered me the warning and threats to my door? Do you believe that the iConfidants are dangerous and we should be doing whatever we can to prevent them learning more about us?

Or do you believe Stacey, that Kristen is ill and was released from the company for unprofessional behavior, that they are friends and she only reluctantly parted ways with her, and that ‘nothing is on fire’ over there?

I’m curious which way the community is trending at the moment.

Evan
        Participant

@111error Seems like it’s early days yet. I say, trust no one… at least until we have more information.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@111error I believe Kristen right now. Something fishy is up. Everything Stacey puts out there reminds me of that scene in Star Wars:

“But, uh, everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?”

Everything is not fine. People are trying to hide what they’re really up to. I am going to be staying away from iConfidant on the 11th.

Russell
      Participant

@111error I really am not sure… I don’t stand in either camp, yet.

Lauren Bello

There’s no doubt in my mind that iConfidant The Company was constructed for nefarious purposes. But that’s different from believing that my confidant will personally sell me out.

Right now, I believe Kristin that iConfidant The Company is spying on us. I believe her that our accounts are not secure, that dangerous people want our information. I believe her that they are particularly interested in you, @111error – and I don’t think she should be dismissed as easily as Stacey wants to dismiss her.

But I don’t know if I believe that my confidant is personally dangerous. My confidant even told me that s/he agrees that we’re probably being monitored at this point, and that it would be better to pick up our friendship outside iConfidant parameters after the 11th. If our confidants are roughly in the same boat as we are, they may even be allies. If we can communicate outside the system, that could be the answer. I wish I knew more about WHY Kristin believed the confidants to be dangerous: it could be that she simply meant that the company and its system were dangerous. Synecdoche.

Or that could just be me being extremely gullible.

Anonymous
      Inactive

From what I have read, Stacy doesn’t sound like that bad of a person…unless she’s good at manipulating people to think she’s good. Not gonna trust anyone just yet.

111error
      Participant

From my perspective, what Kristen warned me about came true, particularly with the in-person threats. She also admitted to knowing the apartment break in was going to happen during our first “date”. So this leaves only a few possibilities;

(1). Kristen is telling the truth.

(2). iConfidant just coincidentally happens to have OSDM support and protection like Kristen said.

Stacey told me she knows nothing of men in black suits lurking around, but Kristen said Stacey meets with them and is worried / concerned, so… all signs point to June 11th potentially being a very “unusual” occasion for the attendees. Let’s maybe pause briefly before signing any documents this time.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@111error Judging by what happened at “registration” (and thereafter) I’d say at this point nothing is straight forward. Green is blue and up is down. “Come have ice cream” could mean we’re actually walking into a knife party run by the Russian mob.
      Be present and be alert.
      And for fucks sake, don’t chase bad boys into warehouses*.

(*this warning brought to you by the council of Meghan will never ever take her own fucking advice)

Megan
      Participant

I don’t believe Stacey, re: Kristen being ill. I think Stacey’s involved in something bad though I have no idea to what extent or with what motives. I do agree with @daela that they have a strange interest in @111error though…when you think about it, this is all about collecting emotional data, and Morgan is one of the easier test subjects here: they have a lot of data on him already from their previous experiment, they know that he’ll fall for the damsel in distress, and so Kristen might not be who she says she is at all.

Given all of that, I’m curious about what the hell iConfidant IS and what they’re after with me/us. Curious because I was one of the four that was singled out, yet my relationship with my confidant has been rather vanilla – like, generic store brand vanilla that was left in the back of the freezer too long. It’s serviceable but it’s nothing to get excited about.

I don’t see a side to choose at the moment. I’m not with anyone, not if the choices are iConfidant vs the Sinclairs. I’ve never been interested in the Sinclairs and they have never been interested in me. iConfidant at least knows who I am.

However, arguing *against* something because of perceived danger isn’t going to make me run here. The things I lust after – some of which have been hit squarely on the head by those FB posts – don’t exist in safe spaces. If I want what I believe to be my heart’s desire then I’ll dive in head first.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@111error I don’t trust either right now because I don’t know enough. Generally speaking, I was trending towards “Stacey is sketchy.” Much like Sarah before her, she was dealing with something, but wasn’t being transparent about it.

That changed after the mystery man on your most recent call with Kristen.

The idea that Kristen could be working for / with somebody upended things totally for me. If somebody (Man With The Stick / Horace / Investors / Somebody Else) wanted to destroy Stacey and iConfidant, what better way than to prey on our fears? To turn our anxiety against us and force our hands? She could have been warning you about the men watching you… or she could have been setting up an expectation (perhaps unwittingly) that the man you ended up speaking with followed through on when he had somebody pay you a visit. The result: Kristen seems like she’s warning you of something nefarious, when it’s actually manipulation.

Basically, it makes everything suspect. The only thing I feel we do know about the situation is that somebody out there is actively trying to get us to stop engaging with IConfidant. Horace is one of those people. Perhaps there are more.

Kristen legitimately seems to believe we are in danger, but without knowing more information – or where she’s getting hers from – it’s hard to know how to read that.

Stacey is spinning non stop – but in this case, the behavior of somebody trying to stop their company from imploding thanks to outside interference is probably pretty close to the behavior of a CEO trying to hide their nefarious actions. Obfuscate and deflect either way.

Do I trust my iConfidant? Strangely, I do – enough to keep going down this particular rabbit hole at least. Though I’ve certainly been burned by that before. I guess we’ll find out on the 11th?

Anonymous
      Inactive

What if all of this is just smoke and mirrors?

What if they are purposely tanking the entire program because it’s not yielding the results Stacey promised?

Going off of what @bcbishop was saying about the strange male voice making him question Kristen…

What if Stacey really is just someone who wanted to make a cool app and the OSDM/Horace are tanking her business for their own nefarious purposes and we all just bought into their shit and destroyed what she was trying to create by cutting off contact with our iConfidants or poisoning their thoughts with our conspiracy theories?

Not saying I believe this totally… but if we’ve learned anything it’s that not everything is as it seems and we need to stay present before the rug gets pulled out from under us.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

…If we’ve learned anything it’s that not everything is as it seems and we need to stay present before the rug gets pulled out from under us.

Exactly this, @thebuz. We know that these people are able to target us, and exploit our weaknesses and goodwill. They’ve done it before. There’s little reason to doubt they’ll do it again.

#bepresent

Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop

Exactly this, @thebuz. We know that these people are able to target us, and exploit our weaknesses and goodwill. They’ve done it before. There’s little reason to doubt they’ll do it again.

#bepresent

Yeah we can talk about #Neversilent all we want but we really need to remember is #bepresent.

It’s hard to really know where one stands when one doesn’t know all the facts… or to reference another thread… isn’t seeing the bigger picture.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

“Isn’t seeing the bigger picture.”

I see what you did there. Or should I say, what THEY did there.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Consider:

1) Noah referenced “IT”, and how “IT” would never replace him.

2) iConfidants are “molting”. They are evolving from automatons into something more. i.e. “IT”. i.e. Shadow versions of everyone. Pod people.

3) As mentioned above, “molting” seems a clear reference to snakes, i.e. ouroboros. Becoming whole. Perhaps this isn’t about OUR journey, but the journey of whatever “IT” is?

4) The Shadows that showed up earlier in LUST — were they already completed “ITs”?

5) Ha ha! All you iConfidant players are gonna get replaced by your Shadows! Ha ha!

5A) Oh. Shit. I already have a Shadow. Okay, so maybe not so funny.

Andrew K
      Participant

My iConfidant hasn’t changed course at all in our interactions. It was sterile at first, but then once he/she/it opened up, the topics remained consistent and our conversation has been pretty straight forward.

I emailed them telling them I was sad I wouldn’t be able to meet them on the 11th, and I KNOW that they opened/read it, but haven’t responded.

Also of note is that I also tried to email Stacey – due to her whole “my email is open 24/7” thing in her (clearly coerced) facebook video – and she hasn’t even opened or read it yet. Which tells me she’s for sure not in control anymore…

Now the real question @111error is – are you going to go to the iConfidant meet-up on the 11th?

(also, sorry for being late the party guys, I’ve been gone the last couple weeks and am trying to catch up)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Andrew K.
       scot
      Participant

@anakindrew Did Stacey open your email? So strange she said she was available by email, but I don’t recall reading about many responses from her after that statement. I’m wondering if she actually got to read them.

Viewing 102 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar