6/1 12:00pm – Call from Kristen and .. someone.

This topic contains 104 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scot Scot 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Brad Ruwe Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

I think our friends Noah and Sarah would be singing this song right about now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1Jwyxd4tE

Profile photo of Nicole Mae Nicole Mae 
    Participant

Welp. This isn’t going to end well.

Profile photo of Vox Chaotica Vox Chaotica 
    Participant

For all we know, this could end positively splendidly.

Profile photo of 111error 111error 
    Participant

We knew we shouldn’t trust this fucking service or our confidants, but we did, because we’re all lonely in a myriad of ways and longing for real connections and friends in this world, and I opened up more than I ever expected to. They know everything about how I am and how I’m thinking right now, my hopes and dreams and fears. Everything.

We have each other. We could have talked to each other at length at any time. We could have forgone the frivolity of chat rooms and sat down with almost anyone else here, but instead we opened up to something we knew was dangerous and would one day be used against us. We ignored the flesh and blood we trusted and instead poured our lives into technology. WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM THE TENSION EXPERIENCE.

Run. That’s the only word I can think of right now. But I have nowhere to go and no energy to get there.

Profile photo of Buz Wallick Buz Wallick 

There were reports that many people felt their iConfidants sounded drunk or like different people.

This feels like relevant information now.

Profile photo of  Anonymous

I will gladly stand by my confidant, for if we go down sinking we shall all drown together. In fact, I will email my confidant now to give them info to give the people in charge at iConfidant a heads up about this matter so they are a step ahead.

Profile photo of Brad Ruwe Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

“your email really touched me. I am very grateful and honored that you opened up to me like that. If you’re anything like me it’s not easy to just tell someone your thoughts, especially when their about your fears. But I get it.” -Last email from my iConfidant, 9 days ago

……fuck

Profile photo of Addison Addison 
    Participant

@111error I think we all know how difficult it is to follow those rules. personally, I would consider many here to be extremely close friends in real life, but without technology, I wouldn’t have known that.

I put that same trust into iConfidant. Even thought we’re talking to our iConfidants through email, who was to say we couldn’t be true friends? That’s something I did learn from Tension – sometimes friendships start online and then become “real” and I hoped the same for my friendship with my confidant.

Profile photo of Carl Webb Carl Webb 
    Participant

Looks like we’re on the same page @tyson. I actually just emailed mine to offer my support. But I’ve always been in the “go ahead and consume that energy field bigger than your head” camp.

Profile photo of Meghan Mayhem Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant

My last email received from my iC was definitely different vibe wise than any of the others. Way more casual and engaging. Also the email that made me feel like I was finally starting to talk to a person I could actually be friends with. Damn.

I’ve been sitting on her email for 3 days because her sudden personable-ness had me feeling like I needed to assess before replying again and was actually planning on doing so today.

Here’s a portion of her last email:
    “But at least I’m here if you ever need to vent or even snap. I’ll listen to the snap too.
    Maybe I’ll snap too! Who knows!!”

Profile photo of Cara Cara 
    Participant

@111error Terrifying. Did the man’s voice sound familiar?

@bryan Props for MJK back into this! <3

Everyone who has been corresponding with an IC, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Perhaps I should be grateful I didn’t open myself up to this level of exposure…

Profile photo of Chloe Chloe 
    Participant

Welp, we’re all gonna die…nice knowing you all!

I don’t think I noticed anything weird about my iConfidant’s latest email. I’ll have to check it out after work, or see if they’ve sent anything else to me.

Profile photo of 111error 111error 
    Participant

@bryan Ugh, I feel jittery and weird.

@addisonborn Not fucking with you. Am also not fucking around and getting out of here to have lunch with a friend and not be anywhere they could regularly find me.

@tyson @llamawithhat SMART MOVE. What could possibly go wrong??

Run.

Profile photo of Sage Sage 
    Participant

Uh, oops. I just emailed mine back this morning…

Profile photo of Brian E Brian E 
    Participant

@111error Wow, that fucking scary report. Goes along with Sarah’s warning too that she gave me, that last message I got from my iConfidant May 22 10 days. Do we find out on 06.03 what this all means…

What’s weird in hindsight I talked about things with my iConfidant I didn’t talk to anyone else about, it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar