6.23 phone call to @coryphella

This topic has 20 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Megan.

• Author
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Posting this on @coryphella’s behalf. She just received a phone call from The Investors. Full update coming momentarily.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Posting on her behalf? SUS

(Looking forward to seeing the full story!)

scot
      Participant

Lust. Making me pull over on drives home from work and now delaying bedtime near midnight (central time). Meh, who needs sleep?

Megan
      Participant

Sorry guys I asked Bryan to do that because I’m in the middle of packing & heading to the airport shortly.

My phone rang at about 12:15am – I’m in NH, Mary Poppins opened tonight so I’m still on the east coast – so for me that’s a 6/24 phone call…but I’ll count it as a 6/23 call. 😉

It was a really strange call and I had to dig for a pencil to write stuff down. The man asked me if I kept my money in a bank account. I said yes, and he said “that’s a very adult thing to do.” He then proceeded to ask me if I were to call the bank and learn that my money was gone, would I panic? I said yes. He said, if you called and your life savings was gone, and you demanded to talk to the bank manager, and he nervously told you that it was offsite in a sister utility, would you trust him? I said no.

At this point he asked me another question and I can’t remember that question – it’s been a long two weeks and I’ve been working odd hours. I blanked on an answer but in that space before I could answer, he said “Megan, I’m investing in you. When I go to the bank, I want to see you in it.” And hung up.

scot
      Participant

This makes me think of a line from the email bros. Something about being too small or insignificant for attention. I’m glad that I fall into that category. I need my monies.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr – dude shut up. you are NOT too small for attention.

scot
      Participant

@coryphella it was an expression of thanks. If you and Travis need a place to crash after your financial collapse I’m here for you. Shit. My family even loves cats.

Megan
      Participant

I’m stuck on that last line though –

“Megan, I’m investing in you. When I go to the bank, I want to see you in it.”

I asked what that meant but he hung up.

Investing in *me*? Or in the greater *you*?

Megan
      Participant

And yeah I’m not going to sleep tonight, mostly due to the fact that I need to leave for the airport soon and sleep is pointless…but for a quick, weird phone call about bank accounts that kind of pierced me a bit.

Having someone say that something is about *you* is powerful. Theorizing can be fun but it leaves me cold. I don’t want to solve things, I prefer ambiguity and would rather *not* understand everything. If I understand everything it’s not scary, weird, disturbing, or interesting…so, sorry, but I’m here for emotional intimacy and depth and connection.

Was this guy an investor? Seems silly to drop the word “investing” if he’s not.

Megan
      Participant

OK investors, I got the message loud and clear.
      And I am most definitely not in ANY offsite sister utility. Only my own projects & work.
      I’m in the bank, 100%, unless you stop investing in me.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Oh snap. I think you’ve just hit upon an important theme, @coryphella – and it lines up nicely with the 6.20 emails.

There’s a lot of banking options out there. We all get to choose where we do ours.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

My question with this is… why would anyone WANT to join the investors? They’ve pretty much fucked with Lust, threatened DLB & CS, and generally been pricks to good people like Tina (minus Abe, she was a sweetheart).

Don’t do it @coryphella. Don’t help these people.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

To answer @nothenrygale’s question of why anyone would want to join the investors? Well, in a business people invest money to get a return on investment. This ROI is the main reason anyone would want to join “The Investors.” Projects that offer a high ROI will garner more investors, but may have more risk. I’ll ignore the technical business talk and say that it’s to earn money. Why else would anyone invest in anything unless money is involved?

Maranda
      Participant

@taysavestheday I suppose one answer to your question “Why else would anyone invest in anything unless money is involved?” would be if they value something more than money, such as relationships, family, religion, charity, etc.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@izryn, I’m glad so many people believe in these institutions. Family, religion, helping your fellow man? It’s all great that people believe; but these are just designed as mechanisms of control. To put people in a little box to keep them in line and categorize them for easy understanding. These are your two’s, your three’s. And you know what, they are perfectly content being here, believing and investing in family and religion.

But money, knowledge, influence. That’s what you invest to get a real return. A return that can afford you some power.

So what do you lust after? Family? Religion? Power? Money? I think we invest what we want more of.

Maranda
      Participant

@taysavestheday Come now, as a scientist surely you must understand that the only reason you and I are here today is because people further up our respective family trees invested in human relationships!

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@izryn. Oh and I thank them greatly for passing on their seed. But the world they were in is a completely different one that we live in. Instead of focusing on human relationships, we can be bettering ourselves in school, in the stock market, with all the massive data stores online. We can constantly be investing in ourselves–which will trickle down to our family in the long run. And speaking of families, Noah didn’t realize what an opportunity he had. And he threw it away for what? To be a Clown Prince?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@taysavestheday How is it, moving through the ranks btw? Nice view?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@meghanmayhem, I almost can see the ocean.

Megan
      Participant

@taysavestheday – are you admitting that you’re the one who flipped?

Also, fwiw, I saw the ocean every damn day the last two weeks working right next to it. No “almost” about it.

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar